AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-07-31, 22:48   Link #4041
omega253

Alright, I'm new to this, so please be patient with me if you can.

My idea is simple.
Touma gains the power of the One Punch Man, Saitama
If you don't know what that is by the name, then it's basically this:
His physical strength, endurance, and speed are enhanced to such a degree that he beats everything with one punch.
Reason why I got this idea?
I was tired of Touma having only the Imagine Breaker to back him up and only street fighting skills.
This story is not meant to be taken seriously at all and is just a comedy, like the One Punch Man Manga.
I just want to see everyone freaking out at his ridiculous displays of power while the unlucky boy himself is wondering why the hell everybody is looking at him like he was a monster in human skin

Last edited by omega253; 2013-08-01 at 04:18. Reason: A bit of OOC behavior at the end
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 23:26   Link #4042
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post

My idea is simple.
His physical strength, endurance, and speed are enhanced to such a degree that he beats everything with one punch.
I was tired of Touma having only the Imagine Breaker to back him up and only street fighting skills.
This story is not meant to be taken seriously at all and is just a comedy, like the One Punch Man Manga.
I just want to see everyone freaking out at his ridiculous displays of power while the unlucky boy himself laments over the misfortune of not finding an opponent strong enough to last more than one of his punches
Old 2013-08-01, 00:22   Link #4043
Miraluka
Banned

Meanwhile Accelerator trashes some random magical girls, Koshii's story continues and now Touma helps Homura:

Next part:
Touma vs Madoka!

Incoming Falcon Punch.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 03:55   Link #4044
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:

My idea is simple.
I just want to see everyone freaking out at his ridiculous displays of power while the unlucky boy himself laments over the misfortune of not finding an opponent strong enough to last more than one of his punches
OOC, no-sell.

The idea is interesting, but that needs to be fixed.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 04:19   Link #4045
omega253

M'kay, I edited the idea.
What about now, would that be something Touma would do?
Old 2013-08-01, 04:40   Link #4046
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Yeah, better. Now it doesn't sound/read like he's some kind of blood knight, because y'know, he's not.
Old 2013-08-01, 05:00   Link #4047
omega253

Meh, well, when you have enough power to end every fight with one attack, you start wondering if you'll ever find anybody who can take a second hit.

On that note, this LN has a whole bunch of 'em
Example: Accelerator
Explanation: If the Imagine Breaker doesn't maintain contact with Accelerator's body, he can use his vectors to deflect the dreaded One Punch, albeit there would be a kinetic backlash/shockwave from the sheer power behind the punch

Although I don't know what to do with Archangel Gabriel......
I could try just Touma one-shotting it or have Gabriel tank some hits and we get the first glimpse of Serious!Touma who actually puts all his power behind his punch.

I still don't even know if I should go through with this idea or not............
Old 2013-08-01, 05:05   Link #4048
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Accelerator is not blood knight, he's just a dude who wants to be left alone.

Do you even Railgun manga?
Old 2013-08-01, 05:19   Link #4049
omega253

Ah, I suppose I should explain what I was saying. I wasn't talking about blood knights, I was talking about people who could tank the One Punch and come back for more.
I was talking about how Accelerator could tank a hit if it wasn't the hand with the Imagine Breaker punching him.
Old 2013-08-01, 05:57   Link #4050
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So can I assume there was enough for a chapter?

Between Fukiyose, Kongou, and Awaki. Who would be interesting to read about next?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 06:03   Link #4051
omega253

I'll try and see if I can cobble something together, just not right now.

As to your question, I'd prefer you try for Fukiyose. There aren't enough stories around here with her as the main topic.
Old 2013-08-01, 08:06   Link #4052
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

In Memoriam Chapter 5 is out!

Spoiler for ch5:
Old 2013-08-01, 10:49   Link #4053
WiliamZ0

After leaving my fanfic for A LONG LONG time, I finally continue my fanfic. (Also remade most of them, changing some, adding details and some fore-shadow)

Hope you guys can enjoy it. AH! Any suggestion accepted.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6839130/...tive-Testament
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6839130/...tive-Testament
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 12:12   Link #4054
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Aaaaaaaaaand its posted.

A Certain World of Darkness has now been updated.
Good chapter. Don't worry about the ending, I liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Is this enough for a chapter. Honestly this is still incomplete but i seem to have run out of gas

Spoiler for Yomikawa aiho's circumstances part 1:
I liked the story, and I can't wait to read more. Chapter length isn't really all that important. As long as you write until when you think is a good stopping point then it's fine.
Old 2013-08-01, 14:50   Link #4055
omega253

Pre-Story Notes: Okay, first off there is what might be a tiny bit of OOC for the characters. Second, you should remember that Kamijou got the One Punch Man power up. I honestly don't know if I can garner the skill to make this a comedy. Also, please keep in mind that we don't know much about Touma's past before his memory wipe.

Alright, let's see how this goes!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO

Kamijou Touma was more often than not known as a misfortunate boy. He simply wanted to live in peace, despite the abnormalities of Academy City.

Academy City had its due to the multitude of schools, colleges, and universities residing within it. The abnormality came from the students attending these educational institutions, who all had a special talent in common.

They were all Espers.

Espers were humans who gained special psychic abilities, such as pyrokinesis or teleportation, through the power of science. Each and every student had gone through the Power Curriculum Program, in which their powers are developed by the school they attend.

However, some only stay as people with nonexistent abilities, who are labeled as Level 0’s, while the other end of the scale holds the legendary Level 5’s, whose abilities can easily destroy an army if utilized properly.

Kamijou was only a Level 0, despite his strange ability. The ability in question, which is more commonly known as the Imagine Breaker, manifests itself in the form of his right hand. It nullifies any and all supernatural occurrences that came in contact with it.

The boy who held this ability would sometimes boast that not even the blessing of God could keep its form if it came into contact with his right hand.

He lazily stretched his arms over his head while crossing the bridge at night. He had just recently outran some drunken delinquents who had tried to pick up the wrong girl. If they had known who it was they had tried to proposition, they would have run regardless of chasing him. He had led them away before the girl could do something that would leave the thugs in need of medical attention. Considering Kamijou’s physical condition, he could have just sprinted out of their sight within seconds (and even run circles around the drunken delinquents while mocking their speed in a shameless manner, but that wasn’t very polite) , but he had to constantly bait them away or they would go back to the girl.

Kamijou sighed as he trudged towards the dorm room where he could finally get some sleep after such a misfortunate and tiring (mentally, of course, the boy couldn’t remember the last time he had gotten physically tired) day.

‘Well, there’s no other way this night can go wrong, right?' Kamijou thought hopefully.

At a later time, Kamijou would wonder why the hell he thought that his misfortune would actually give him a break.

Suddenly, he held up his right hand in a nonchalant manner, as if to wave 'hello'. A bright bolt lightning struck it head-on before dispersing as if it had never existed. His right eyelid twitched erratically as he slowly turned around looking at the source of the electric discharge. His superb eyesight easily saw the brown-haired female at the other end of the bridge. She was standing there with her arms crossed and a complex expression on her face, that much he could gather.

“What do want, Biri Biri?” Kamijou questioned the middle schooler. Her own eyelid twitched at the seemingly condescending nickname before she reluctantly calmed herself.

“First off, my name is Misaka Mikoto,” The now identified middle-schooler stated. “Second, why are you running from some random idiots when you can just beat them with your weird power?”

He sighed while rubbing his spiky hair with his left hand before answering, “What did you do to them, Biri Biri?”

“Hm? Ah, I just gave them a little shock,” The girl said dismissively while flicking a hand through her hair. After she finished the seemingly flippant gesture, a spark of electricity ran through her brown locks.

“And here I was, hoping to end the day with nobody getting hurt.” Kamijou murmured. Then he stated in a normal voice, “Well, I hope you have a nice night, Biri Biri, goodbye.” He turned and walked away while waving his right hand.

“M’kay, well, goodby- Screw that, I’m not falling for that again!!!!!!” She shouted in an accusing tone.

“Damn, I should have known she’d catch on, I mean, she’s a frickin Level 5” Kamijou cursed under his breath, having hoped to not get involved with the girl that day.

Yes. The girl was one of the seven Level 5’s in Academy City. Specifically, she was especially known as the Railgun because of her signature technique.

Why she wanted to bother spending time chasing a measly Level 0 like him, Kamijou could never personally understand. He had met her a month ago when he had seen her shock some thugs who tried to proposition her. This time he had led her away from the delinquents so that they wouldn’t be shocked.

“Now that I’ve found you, we can finally finish our fight,” the girl said heatedly.

“Erm, are you sure there’s no way we can’t simply head on our way home without a duel?” Kamijou asked, despite already knowing the girl’s answer.

“Nope,” Misaka said in a faux cheerful tone, before her body became surrounded in a cacophony of sparks and electricity. Kamijou grimaced, before turning back to the girl again and readying himself for the first assault.

She started by discharging a large lance of lightning at him, knowing that his enigmatic power would allow him to survive. He slapped it away in a nonchalant manner, while the electricity once again dispersed from contact with his right hand.

“How come every time I say that I’m just a normal Level 0, you still throw more of that stuff at me?” He asked, again already knowing the answer. Misaka narrowed her eyes before chucking a cluster of electricity at him. To respond to that, he simply raised the Imagine Breaker without looking at the attack itself. He hadn’t batted an eye at the large discharge dispersing with a sound of broken glass ringing out.

“It’s kind of hard to believe that you’re some measly Level 0 when you can stop my electricity with a wave of your hand.” She snarked, while staring at him doubtfully. She was still wondering what might cause the boy to finally start fighting a little seriously.

She took a little pride in her abilities, and then some unknown boy just came out of nowhere who could destroy her electricity without regarding her as a serious threat. Misaka was a bit curious at the fact that despite being a Level 5, there was still someone besides the Number One and Seven that could take the electricity with their bare hands and come back for more.

“Ugh,” Kamijou grunted at her response. He decided that honesty might help him get home and sleeping in his bed faster. “It’s this right hand of mine. Every single time an esper ability touches it, they get nullified.”

“I find it somewhat hard to believe that an ability like that exists, and even harder to believe that you’re still a Level 0 because of it,” Misaka deadpanned irritably. She mulled it over in her head and made a decision,’ Time to kick it up a notch.’

“Tell me, do you know what a railgun is?” she asked the unlucky boy without warning. She then reached into her skirt pocket, pulling out a seemingly harmless arcade coin. He twitched, both from the coin and the sudden gleam of mischievousness that her eyes gained. ‘Hoo boy, this wont’t be good,’ Kamijou thought pessimistically. He had some justification, considering his past meetings with some of the other Level 5’s.

“Yes, yes, I do.” He answered reluctantly, a small part of him fervently hoping that what she was going to do wasn’t what he thought she was going to do. ‘Oh, who am I kidding? Of course she would do something like that.’ Kamijou groaned internally.

“Well then, prepare yourself!” She exclaimed, while flicking the coin into the air. Sparks of electricity danced wildly on her profile, while he watched the coin nervously with hands occasionally twitching.

It came back and Misaka flicked it in Kamijou’s direction with her thumb. A roar of electricity blasted out through the air, as a giant orange beam of electricity sped along towards the spiky, black haired boy.

A sharp glint appeared in Kamijou’s eyes. He fearlessly held up his right hand, as if to motion something to a stop. The Railgun made contact with the Imagine Breaker. As Kamijou stood unfaltering before the beam, the ground under his feet caved in while his hand was still staving off the beam. The ‘normal Level 0’ then performed an action that bewildered Misaka even further.

As the beam slowly dispersed, he calmly closed his fist, which was smoking from the excess heat of the energy discharge. Despite the ridiculous heat, electricity, and force behind the destructive attack, the right hand was perfectly alright. Kamijou brought the limb up to his face, blowing on it intensely while waving it to get the smoke and smell of o-zone off.

He opened his hand palm up, and surprisingly enough, there was something in it. It was a melted piece of metal that was cooling in the middle of his hand. Misaka stared at him incredulously, while thinking, ‘What just happened?’

“Umm, was I not supposed to catch it?” Kamijou asked sheepishly, while holding up the cooled metal remains of the coin between his index finger and thumb. He looked at the girl, who was still standing at the same spot while staring at the misfortunate boy with wide eyes.

His own eyes soon mirrored hers, remembering that normal people weren’t supposed to easily stop and nullify large beams of destruction. He soon wrenched his feet out of the miniature crater under him while dropping the metal-that-was-once-a-coin.

“Uhh, see, my dorm has this curfew, so, umm, got to go, bye!” Kamijou excused himself feebly before turning and sprinting away at incomprehensible speeds. To the normal eye, he had simply blurred out of existence, not unlike a teleporter.

Misaka Mikoto shook her head to try and clear out the shock of what had just happened. Then her eyes fell upon the dropped piece of metal. She walked over to it slowly, as if afraid that it would run away like a scared animal. Misaka felt like it took centuries to get over to the crater, when in actuality, the time spent moving over to it was much less.

When she finally got to the crater, she slowly bent down on one knee. The Electromaster reached a quivering hand over to the metal, flinching back once, but still picking it up. Misaka raised it to eye-level before looking it over. She also glanced down at the crater, where there were imprints of the spiky-haired boy’s feet from earlier.

Misaka took a slow, shuddering breath, and then reluctantly pocketed the metal before beginning the trek back to her dorm. She had been hoping to run into the boy, hoping to get some questions answered. Oh, they had been answered alright. But it seemed like for every one question that was answered, three took its place.

“Who are you?” Misaka questioned out loud.

Silence.

She looked in the direction that the boy had sprinted away to before steeling with resolve. She would find him again and she would get her answers.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO

Post-Story Notes: Well, there it is. I hope it's satisfactory, but I'll let you people be the judge of that. Also, about Touma meeting other Level 5's, New Testament 7 gave us a hint that he knew Mental Out in some way before his memory destruction. Oh! There's also that. If I continue with this, then Touma will not have his memories destroyed.

Last edited by omega253; 2013-08-16 at 07:16.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 21:07   Link #4056
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
So can I assume there was enough for a chapter?

Between Fukiyose, Kongou, and Awaki. Who would be interesting to read about next?
Fukiyose, mostly due to the random interest that I've developed for her lately. Why? Because I want to know how she's related to her non-moe reciprocal, Kumokawa Seria!

*ahem* Anyways, I've finally done enough pre-work(?) to confidently post the very first chapter of A Certain Disastrous Experiment. Read and enjoy the references. I worked hard to include them and make sure they blended in well. I think it went well.
silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 21:31   Link #4057
omega253

Erm, can I get some feedback on the earlier snip I made, so I can decide whether or not to make it a full story?

Also, another idea going through my head: Touma got the Imagine Breaker from Najimi Ajimu, the girl with a quadrillion powers. I think the Imagine Breaker was stated/implied to be of divine origin. Ajimu was supposedly born before the Big Bang happened and the universe was made. She could be implemented into the Raildex as a divine existence that is just as incomprehensible as Aiwass
Old 2013-08-01, 21:49   Link #4058
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Kamijou with super-speed reminds me a lot of Gunha, least Touma doesn't call his attacks.

I don't read One-punch man, so I can't very well comment on the X-over aspects, even though there don't appear to be any yet aside from Kamijou moving real fast. Still, looks good so far, though I might imagine some people who liked how he fights supernatural power users (read: bringing them down to a normal human) wouldn't enjoy it much.

That being said keep at it, I'll keep an eye out for it.
Old 2013-08-01, 21:58   Link #4059
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Quote:
Erm, can I get some feedback on the earlier snip I made, so I can decide whether or not to make it a full story?

Also, another idea going through my head: Touma got the Imagine Breaker from Najimi Ajimu, the girl with a quadrillion powers. I think the Imagine Breaker was stated/implied to be of divine origin. Ajimu was supposedly born before the Big Bang happened and the universe was made. She could be implemented into the Raildex as a divine existence that is just as incomprehensible as Aiwass
It seems pretty similar to the beginning of the first novel and is pretty much the standard for a meeting between Misaka and Kamijou back in the day. It really depends on how you progress the story's plot before I can personally give an opinion on the story.

As for that idea of yours; I've thought about it before, funnily enough. It would not be ridiculous for Anshin'in-san to have Imagine Breaker among the quadrillion skills she had. She said she had a skill that could cancel any skill (though, clearly, with a different name than Imagine Breaker). I could see Laura Stuart simply being Anshin'in-san in disguise with her hair dyed blonde. And considering the way Medaka Box ended, it's possible to make a crossover like that without breaking away from Medaka Box's canon.
silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 22:24   Link #4060
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverexorcist View Post
*ahem* Anyways, I've finally done enough pre-work(?) to confidently post the very first chapter of A Certain Disastrous Experiment. Read and enjoy the references. I worked hard to include them and make sure they blended in well. I think it went well.
I liked it, although how connected is it going to be with A Certain Dangerous Experiment (haven't read that one yet), because if it's going to be really connected you might be better off just doing them in the same story.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction