AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-01-18, 14:09   Link #3221
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

The redesigned Hi-Nu is a result of Bandai putting Izubuchi in charge for this model kit, instead of Katoki. I don't think a significant redesign like this will happen again (at least I hope).

And damn, that Amuro stand looks nice. But for some reason, I doubt it'll make it into the final product.. like SF's spider stand.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 14:42   Link #3222
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
The redesigned Hi-Nu is a result of Bandai putting Izubuchi in charge for this model kit, instead of Katoki. I don't think a significant redesign like this will happen again (at least I hope).

And damn, that Amuro stand looks nice. But for some reason, I doubt it'll make it into the final product.. like SF's spider stand.
But Izubuchi's the one who designed the Hi-Nu in the first place. It's just he's redesigning his own work. Katoki hasn't touched a MG design for a while now. All of them with in the past few years, with the exception of the Crossbones have been done by the BEECRAFT studio.
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 14:55   Link #3223
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

That's pretty interesting. I thought BEE-CRAFT worked on Seed MGs, not the entire MG line. And I recall Gunota saying that Izubuchi instead of Katoki was in charge of the Hi-Nu, so I thought he had a hand in the MG team.

To be honest, I'm not sure who to believe anymore. For example, someone said in another forum that BEE-CRAFT was a nickname for Junichi Akutsu, which I find odd because I thought it was the name of a team. Bah.
Old 2007-01-18, 15:13   Link #3224
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
That's pretty interesting. I thought BEE-CRAFT worked on Seed MGs, not the entire MG line. And I recall Gunota saying that Izubuchi instead of Katoki was in charge of the Hi-Nu, so I thought he had a hand in the MG team.

To be honest, I'm not sure who to believe anymore. For example, someone said in another forum that BEE-CRAFT was a nickname for Junichi Akutsu, which I find odd because I thought it was the name of a team. Bah.
BEECRAFT, a team has done a number of MG kits including the GM, the most of the G Gundams, the OYW Gundam, the Zeta and Mark II 2.0, the F91, all the SEED MGs, etc. They also did the later SEED Destiny 1/100 releases.

Junichi Akutsu is the person responsible for the original GAT X concept designs as well as the Astrays and Stargazer designs. He is part of BEECRAFT.
Old 2007-01-18, 16:14   Link #3225
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Of course...Sunrise are whoring him too these days (including him in non-mecha animes like HiME and such).
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 18:55   Link #3226
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

The Anime News Network description is slightly misleading, especially since a lot of the BEECRAFT are NOT based off Katoki's work. Case in point, the CR Freedom looks nothing like the MG Freedom.
Old 2007-01-18, 19:10   Link #3227
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
BEECRAFT, a team has done a number of MG kits including the GM, the most of the G Gundams, the OYW Gundam, the Zeta and Mark II 2.0, the F91, all the SEED MGs, etc. They also did the later SEED Destiny 1/100 releases.

Junichi Akutsu is the person responsible for the original GAT X concept designs as well as the Astrays and Stargazer designs. He is part of BEECRAFT.
Thanks for clearing that up. It looks like BEE-CRAFT has been around for awhile if they were responsible for the GM.

Edit: Dalong has posted runner shots and manual scans of Crossbone Full Cloth, more than a week before its release date. I swear, he has some special connections..

Last edited by DarkWarrior; 2007-01-18 at 21:28.
Old 2007-01-19, 01:00   Link #3228
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

^wow.

It only happened twice AFAIK, the other kit he had before release: Crossbone Ver Ka

Eh, Im getting this mofo. Who cares if I still have (2) unsnapped Ver-Kas. maybe EBay one of those fools.
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 01:07   Link #3229
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1 View Post
Eh, Im getting this mofo. Who cares if I still have (2) unsnapped Ver-Kas.
- First, you could use the "Skull" parts from the Ver Ka to put on the Full Cloth--I think the Cartoony skulls don't look good on the Crossbone as an MG. On the other hand, you could build the inner skeleton and use it as an inner frame for some other stuff you might build.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 01:19   Link #3230
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Actually, from what I can tell from the pictures, Full Cloth includes the Ver. Ka runners + the Full Cloth stuff. So the Ver. Ka Skull parts are also there. It looks like the only thing it's missing is the beam cloak and some decals.
Old 2007-01-19, 01:27   Link #3231
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- First, you could use the "Skull" parts from the Ver Ka to put on the Full Cloth--I think the Cartoony skulls don't look good on the Crossbone as an MG. On the other hand, you could build the inner skeleton and use it as an inner frame for some other stuff you might build.
I had that in mind, although I just want to drop the skull motif altogether, and maybe attempt a "Gundam F97" instead of "Crossbone Gundam"
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 03:46   Link #3232
Deus EpS Machina
Resident Deus Ex Machina

im not sure what significant parts from the Ver Ka got carried over...but looking at the Full Cloth's manual...lots of large parts arnt needed in its assembly.

X marks the spot folks:
http://dalong.net/review/mg/m98/manual/m98_mb0004.JPG

Also...Thats the way i plan to paint my SF. comments? better idea? In fact, here, Any help would be great. BTW, thats also the same scheme i have for my MG Freedom.

Last edited by Deus EpS Machina; 2007-01-19 at 05:34. Reason: adding some stuff
Deus EpS Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 07:25   Link #3233
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
That SF looks really good. U did the same think i did with cover up the gold plated thrusters in the legs and chest vents with black IMO it looks better that way.
Meehlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 10:32   Link #3234
kuraishi

How do u bend those clear pipes that hold the dragoon effects and i was wondering do hlj sell those action stands??? want a stand for my Xbone.
kuraishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 11:38   Link #3235
kct

Hot water is your friend for the DRAGOON effect holder.

OK, a GunPla shop near my house (to be precise, 10 minutes away on foot) has just dropped the gauntlet for the normal version of the MG Strike Freedom in terms of 'lowest price' <.< .
Old 2007-01-19, 18:09   Link #3236
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

What special connections. Whenever Gundam Base posts pictures, it means the kit's been released already. Errr Korea specifically.

http://www.gundambase.com/gshop/good...?goodsIdx=2035
Old 2007-01-19, 19:13   Link #3237
lycantivis

I would really like to see a Deepstriker from Gundam Sentinel. You know with those prototype colors it stands out amungst the rest of the sentinel line. Though I doubt it will ever get a MG due to its size.
lycantivis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 21:22   Link #3238
kct

That doesn't stop people from making conversion/resin kits to create the Deep Striker.
Old 2007-01-19, 22:22   Link #3239
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info...oducts_id=4834

And in other news.

The light sand is H313 mixed with white to lighten the original colour. The light brown is H19 out of the bottle. Panel lined with raw umber. Did not pre-shade or do weathering due to lack of time.

Went lazy with the head seam and got away with it by panel lining it. Lost two parts.

The machine gun was screwed up thanks to H78 Metal Black. The silver powder was very obvious and too bright. Darkened the weapon with lots of smoke.

But I have to say, for 19 bucks, this is one great kit OOB. The shield detailing and soles are on par with MG kits. And the elbows... Full articulation! The seam lines are quite okay, the problematic ones are hidden away or concealed by construction. Who needs the MG GM and conversion kit which together would cost four times as much as this bargain?

I just realised after taking the pictures I forgot to paint the pipings at the knee area.

Last edited by dodgethis_sg; 2007-01-20 at 00:43.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 03:49   Link #3240
WaytoDawn

Ok, after going to my local tamiya shop, they said they don't sell Titanium Gold in spray paint form. It was not manufactured that way. only in bottles. Is this true? So i guess i have to use gold leaf then.....
WaytoDawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy