AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-07-16, 14:08   Link #2121
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

Ah I saw those horse back riding thingys before at the mall. They're pretty fun to ride. The store had two examples out and my sister and I pretended that we were racing each other. There were a lot of different options too, there was this one that imitated a horse jumping and stuff...fun

Of course, since they were examples and in the front of the store, a lot of people passing by gave us looks
Old 2007-07-16, 14:31   Link #2122
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Ah I saw those horse back riding thingys before at the mall. They're pretty fun to ride. The store had two examples out and my sister and I pretended that we were racing each other. There were a lot of different options too, there was this one that imitated a horse jumping and stuff...fun

Of course, since they were examples and in the front of the store, a lot of people passing by gave us looks
What in the states? Oh you guys were at an Asian mall, right?
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 14:49   Link #2123
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I haven't been checking out this fascinating Generic thread until now. Great stuff. I just wanted to add something to AVPlaya's original baseball post (looking forward to more when they play their first match).

Not sure if this has been posted before (I searched but might not have found), but I found a photo of Kyoei's cheerleaders in the "dance" section of the school's club activities. Not much like the outfits in the show, but they do use gold pompoms.

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 15:12   Link #2124
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
What in the states? Oh you guys were at an Asian mall, right?
Lol, actually it was in an American mall. It's called Sunvalley Mall. The store was those types of stores that sell lots of different gagets to make life "easier". They sell things like massaging chairs and things like magnetic grilling tools...

Although it was the same type of horseback riding chair thingy, I think it was a different brand.
Old 2007-07-16, 15:16   Link #2125
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I haven't been checking out this fascinating Generic thread until now. Great stuff. I just wanted to add something to AVPlaya's original baseball post (looking forward to more when they play their first match).

Not sure if this has been posted before (I searched but might not have found), but I found a photo of Kyoei's cheerleaders in the "dance" section of the school's club activities. Not much like the outfits in the show, but they do use gold pompoms.

NOW HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THIS PAGE? I practically went through their entire site! I was going wild trying to find their female cheerleader photo. Thanks for the find! I knew they would have a big cheer dance squad due to their baseball prowess, but now it's official! Yay!

The uniform... a bit different, much more conservative (but they are a very conservative school)? They did enter in the Kantou regional dance competition, but according to this page I don't think they've placed this year or last year. Man, cheer dancing really took off in Japan after that team won the world's for Japan; there's even a dorama about it.
Old 2007-07-16, 19:29   Link #2126
Xiaolang

About the Minoru ending themes

I don't know if I'm part of the majority or the minority, and frankly, I don't care for that sort of association, but I always LOVE the weird type of ending sequences that certain animation studios do.

I find myself laughing at the Minoru ending sequences. I know that the sequence is dumb, and maybe unnecessary, but it's entertaining nonetheless. Although Lucky Star never had a "proper" ending theme song, it's all good anyway.

I am glad though that it's a different song every week, or else the novelty would wear off quickly for me, and maybe more sooner for others.

Even if somehow Lantis makes "The Best of Minoru Shiraishi, featuring the Wa Wa Wa" (or something like that), that doesn't mean I'll automatically buy it, since I know that the novelty will wear off, and I'll spend that money on something more important, like food and shelter.

I digress. Although I'm fine with whatever KyoAni decides to do with the ending sequence, I do like to see more Minoru craziness.
Xiaolang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 21:41   Link #2127
Fat Cat Lim

I read from somewhere that the results on the Lucky radio channel is that the term 'Gami'-dere was chosen by the fans to replace the Tsundere term. Is this true?
Fat Cat Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 22:18   Link #2128
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

@AVPlaya,

May I ask for your sister's contacts?

Nah, kidding, kidding.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 22:30   Link #2129
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No idea.. but what the hell would "gami-" translate as? No variation is showing up other than "stingy" or "patient"

Is it a riff as originated from Kagami--> -gami ---> gamidere? O.o
Old 2007-07-16, 22:37   Link #2130
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Is it a riff as originated from Kagami--> -gami ---> gamidere? O.o
That's my guess. But... why do fans want to replace "tsundere" in the first place? Does this have to do with the two different types of tsundere we discussed earlier?
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 22:55   Link #2131
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Some people seem stuck on the "time axis dependent" tsundere as being the true meaning of the word (as opposed to the "timeless" form of tsundere).

... if that had been explicitly part of the original usage (rather than just an artifact of simplistic erogames), I'd probably be more sympathetic
Old 2007-07-16, 23:19   Link #2132
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

I really don't care. I hold a loose definition for Tsundere: a character that displays either very hard and very soft personality traits, never both at the same time, and while on one side of that dichotomy would deny the other side's existence.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 23:50   Link #2133
robertness

For a slight moment I thought "gamidere" might be a phonetic shift of "kami" (god), but the shift from ka to ga would only occur if kami were the ending bit in a compound word and the proceeding bits ended in certain sounds. (Don't know enough Japanese to make a list of those sounds.)

I'm pretty sure "gamidere" is derived from Kagami's name. This whole new tsundere poll feels too much like a Kadokawa marketing ploy with Kagami's name being built right into the word created to describe her type. I'd be interested to see some of the other options that were included in the poll.

Last edited by robertness; 2007-07-16 at 23:51. Reason: "In" not "is". bakabakabaka....
robertness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 00:12   Link #2134
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
May I ask for your sister's contacts?
WAHAHA... if you know she's now mother of 2 I'm not sure you'd ask.. but she might be quite glad to give it to ya!

As for the "gami-dere", I thought it came from Kagami as well... what else could it have meant? And where was this info from? Pole from Computiq? 2ch? Online votes?
Old 2007-07-17, 00:13   Link #2135
Panzer Bandit
Serfectly Pober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

I suspected a secret connection between Kagami and
Spoiler:
since the first few episodes. (dies laughing)
You know, to be quite honest, I had a similar theory pop in my head once I saw...

Spoiler:
Panzer Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 00:24   Link #2136
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer Bandit View Post
You know, to be quite honest, I had a similar theory pop in my head once I saw...

Spoiler:
Hou!!! good point! Shiraishi DID act rather definately that time didn't he? That's about the ONLY time he stood up to Akira-sama, come to think of it... other times he's a complete wuss. Oh the power of Labu Labu!

When did Shiraishi gave out choco again? In EP13 13:27 there's a dude giving another dude chocho... was that him? Is he... BL-fan?
Old 2007-07-17, 00:28   Link #2137
Ascaloth

Quote:
WAHAHA... if you know she's now mother of 2 I'm not sure you'd ask.. but she might be quite glad to give it to ya!
.....I just got counter-pWn3d.

...although, what exactly do you mean by her being quite glad to give it to me?

And on that score, I think someone said that Shiraishi was practising how to give chocos and was using the other guy as a "counterpart".....so it might well be that the Kagami-Shiraishi link is still there.
Old 2007-07-17, 00:42   Link #2138
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Hehe... being a 40-yrs old mother of a 3 and 5 yrs old, I'm pretty sure she'd be quite delighted that a 21-yrs old wants her number. Hohoho... I think my sister was in already dating when you're born...

Quote:
And on that score, I think someone said that Shiraishi was practising how to give chocos and was using the other guy as a "counterpart".....so it might well be that the Kagami-Shiraishi link is still there.
Souda, souda... I'll tell ya ShiraishiXKagami is the ultimate secret in L*S! Only true fans would notice! Just wait for it... that' the big series-ending secret!
Old 2007-07-17, 00:42   Link #2139
Panzer Bandit
Serfectly Pober

Quote:
.....I just got counter-pWn3d.

I'm going to have a lot of Konata x Kagami fans angry at me if my theory holds water.
Panzer Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 00:53   Link #2140
Ascaloth

Quote:
Hehe... being a 40-yrs old mother of a 3 and 5 yrs old, I'm pretty sure she'd be quite delighted that a 21-yrs old wants her number. Hohoho... I think my sister was in already dating when you're born...

AVPlaya 2:0 Ascaloth

Although I've heard that women of that age group have a certain charm that younger ladies don't.

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen