AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-28, 13:39   Link #621
Horse

It depends where they want to go with the show but, personally, I wouldn't want any of the above, lol.

Sawano's bombasticness and Kajiura's melancholic monotony are not Sailor Moon to me.
Sagisu's Berserk/Eva choirs annoy the shit out of me so if I heard that in Sailor Moon I'd flip out.
Takanashi is stuck in his mediocre franchise soundtrack mode with Narutow/Fairy Tale/Precure, I don't think he would be capable of delivering an impressive OST. Then again I loved SHI-KI OST... Yea, do another horror OST instead of SM. :]

I wouldn't mind Naoki Sato but if it were up to me I'd maybe go with...

Toshihiko Sahashi. Out of animu composers that come to my head his style is probably the closest to Arisawa's original SM. Then again I'm not sure if I would want a rehash of old music either... so it really goes back to what they want to do with this show.

Last edited by Horse; 2013-01-28 at 13:53.
Old 2013-01-30, 02:49   Link #622
Mangaka-chan

Given that the idol group Momoiro Clover Z will be singing the OP I think that already tips us off to the style of music the new anime will have. My guess is that they'll go for a cheery, lighthearted tone for the BGM. If that is the case it does worry me a little, because I don't want this new show to turn into a children's anime like Smile Precure. Hopefully they'll preserve some of the darker aspects of the manga if indeed the new anime will adhere to the manga plot line.
Old 2013-01-30, 03:24   Link #623
Sakuya
*Artist

I believe that while those music artists have their distinctive styles, they can still create something suitable for Sailor Moon as well as giving it their own touch. Whatever they produced for previous works doesn't necessarily mean their new works will totally have that same feel.
Old 2013-02-02, 14:27   Link #624
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Given that the idol group Momoiro Clover Z will be singing the OP I think that already tips us off to the style of music the new anime will have. My guess is that they'll go for a cheery, lighthearted tone for the BGM. If that is the case it does worry me a little, because I don't want this new show to turn into a children's anime like Smile Precure. Hopefully they'll preserve some of the darker aspects of the manga if indeed the new anime will adhere to the manga plot line.
I think so too but I wouldn't worry too much for lighthearted BGMs as long it fits the situation they are in. I mean Momoiro Clover Z did Moretsu Pirates' OP and Moretsu used lighthearted music and edgy music depending what situation they were in.
Old 2013-02-04, 10:53   Link #625
whitecloud

By the way...I haven't read sailor moon, does it even have a "dark aspect"? If sailor moon is to be remaked, they should either faithful to the manga....

OR just like the movie batman that completely remaked into dark night the sailor moon could be remaked into a show that have a much more darker aspect...but not as grim dark as madoka...
Old 2013-02-04, 12:05   Link #626
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
By the way...I haven't read sailor moon, does it even have a "dark aspect"? If sailor moon is to be remaked, they should either faithful to the manga....

OR just like the movie batman that completely remaked into dark night the sailor moon could be remaked into a show that have a much more darker aspect...but not as grim dark as madoka...
If TOEI gets involved in the production, then they wouldn't do that. They would be making the new adaptation safe, friendly, and sugary for the target demographic.

The manga, indeed, has dark content in LOTS; the anime was a sugary-coated, pink, fairy-tale interpretation of the manga.
Old 2013-02-04, 14:43   Link #627
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
The manga, indeed, has dark content in LOTS; the anime was a sugary-coated, pink, fairy-tale interpretation of the manga.
Maybe I read a different manga then, as the story is nowhere dark and is actually quite cliched and extremely boring after the first arc due to Takeuchi repeating the same tropes ad nauseam.
I don't get all these "manga is superior" arguments. In my view, both media failed in the long run since they became stale.
Old 2013-02-04, 16:14   Link #628
T-6000

*shrugs* Well for me I think the Sailor Moon manga is one of the best I have read so far. And I definitely prefer it over the piles of Cliche Mangas (and anime) out there. I'm personally getting sick of Highschool stories, Harem stories, and stories where the main lead is either an ass, idiot, or Tsundere (I think I'm the only male Manga/anime reader & watcher that absolutely *hates* Tsunderes!).

After browsing through various anime and mangas for well over 13 years, I find myself coming back to the Sailor Moon manga and enjoying it as much as I did when I first picked it up. The Anime hasn't aged well, I'll admit, but the Manga will always remain a timeless classic. And having said that, I know some will laugh at me. But that's how I feel about the series.

Quote:

I wouldn't say that Sailor Moon was a grim series. but it did have some grim moments. Most of them were lightened up or even completely removed in the Anime.

Last edited by T-6000; 2013-02-04 at 17:11.
Old 2013-02-04, 17:18   Link #629
4Tran

Quote:

Bear in mind that Sailor Moon has been remade twice already, the first time as a series of musical shows, and the second time as a live-action TV show. Both versions diverge even further from the original manga than the anime did. At this point, I don't think that any of the creators are particularly interested in a faithful adaptation. I'd prefer it if they kept the same characters, but completely reworked the stories. There are a number of story concepts in Sailor Moon that aren't really explored any more, and it'd be nice to see them again refreshed with the last twenty years of innovation. Just no Sailor Luna, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
I wouldn't say that Sailor Moon was a grim series. but it did have some grim moments. Most of them were lightened up or even completely removed in the Anime.
There were some grim moments in the anime as well, it's more that they were different than the ones in the manga rather than a question of removing. The two works are effectively separate because the manga and its respective season of anime were made at the same time, with little chance to coordinate the two. Then again, Ikuhara and Igarashi were a lot more interested in exploring their own ideas of how to tell the story than following Takeuchi's vision.
Old 2013-02-04, 19:04   Link #630
VampirePaladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Bear in mind that Sailor Moon has been remade twice already, the first time as a series of musical shows, and the second time as a live-action TV show. Both versions diverge even further from the original manga than the anime did. At this point, I don't think that any of the creators are particularly interested in a faithful adaptation. I'd prefer it if they kept the same characters, but completely reworked the stories. There are a number of story concepts in Sailor Moon that aren't really explored any more, and it'd be nice to see them again refreshed with the last twenty years of innovation. Just no Sailor Luna, please.
Naoko was heavily involved in the production of the live action PGSM, far more than with the anime and musicals. In fact she designed Sailor Luna herself, both civilian and transformed.
Old 2013-02-04, 19:06   Link #631
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

While I know what it was from, technically, isn't having a Sailor Luna and a Sailor Moon redundant?
Old 2013-02-04, 19:47   Link #632
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampirePaladin View Post
Naoko was heavily involved in the production of the live action PGSM, far more than with the anime and musicals. In fact she designed Sailor Luna herself, both civilian and transformed.
That's what I've heard as well. If even Takeuchi doesn't seem interested in adhering closely to the manga, what are the chances anyone else will either?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
While I know what it was from, technically, isn't having a Sailor Luna and a Sailor Moon redundant?
That's what we all would like to tell ourselves, but sadly, Sailor Luna is a very different entity from Sailor Moon. Sailor Luna is quite possibly the most horrifying entity in the entire Sailor Moon franchise, and I'm not sure how anyone thought that she would be a good idea. On the other hand, story elements like Dark Mercury, and greater involvement from the sub-villains were a great idea.
Old 2013-02-05, 00:12   Link #633
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
That's what I've heard as well. If even Takeuchi doesn't seem interested in adhering closely to the manga, what are the chances anyone else will either?
Keep in mind though her first idea when she thought about SM was a live action show, not an anime. So it's no surprise she was heavily involved in the live action (as horrible as it is) and decided to stray from her own story, that also had some changes due to editor input (Mercury was supposed to be an android in the first draft...).
That said, despite the differences, the anime already covered the story of the manga, so I expect original material or a completely new retelling.
Old 2013-02-05, 09:27   Link #634
cerberuz

Sailor Moon VS Precure
Old 2013-02-05, 21:15   Link #635
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberuz View Post
Sailor Moon VS Precure
hard call in my book. sailor moon has far more raw power but the precure all have close-combat skills along with super forms. i give it to precure because sailor moon never uses her full power until the last minute and saturn just can't use hers. they are the top two
Old 2013-02-05, 23:06   Link #636
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Keep in mind though her first idea when she thought about SM was a live action show, not an anime.
This isn't surprising either. At the time, magical girl action shows were almost non-existent (all I can think of are Devil Hunter Yohko and Cutey Honey), while Tokusatsu shows were all the rage. Toei was making those live-action shows, so they're seem to be a pretty natural choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberuz View Post
Sailor Moon VS Precure
Sailor Moon by a longshot - only Heartcatch Precure is as good as Sailor Moon, and it has nowhere near as much cultural footprint.
Old 2013-02-06, 03:22   Link #637
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Saillors Jupiter and Uranus (and perhaps Mars and Neptune) are the potental close in fighters. Mercury is usually support (with perhaps Neptune as defense to Uranus' offense). Venus and Moon seem to be ranged (with Mars to some extent, though I think Mars can take the most punishement of the original group). Pluto and Saturn are the "You want to end the Universe?" powers (mixed with Moon it becomes "You want to Remake the Universe?"). Most have serious Area Effect weaponry later in the series.

Chibiusa is the only one with limited power due to age. Her role in combat tends to be either comic relief or support for Moon.
Old 2013-02-06, 04:20   Link #638
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Saillors Jupiter and Uranus (and perhaps Mars and Neptune) are the potental close in fighters. Mercury is usually support (with perhaps Neptune as defense to Uranus' offense). Venus and Moon seem to be ranged (with Mars to some extent, though I think Mars can take the most punishement of the original group). Pluto and Saturn are the "You want to end the Universe?" powers (mixed with Moon it becomes "You want to Remake the Universe?"). Most have serious Area Effect weaponry later in the series.

Chibiusa is the only one with limited power due to age. Her role in combat tends to be either comic relief or support for Moon.
Sailor Moons power makes enemies heart warm... LOls
Old 2013-02-06, 17:37   Link #639
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Quote:
Yeah, why can't the SM anime have awesome old people? Poor Chibi-usa, one of the oldest charaters of the cast, has it hard.

Plus, in the manga she doesn't need to act as support. Much like the other Senshi, Chibi-usa has enough power to defeat enemies by herself (her Pink Sugar Heart Attack is only for comic effect in the anime, but if my memories serve correctly, it one-shot of the of Witches 5 in the manga. Dunno if it was one of the Witches 5, but she killed someone with it in the S arc).
Old 2013-02-10, 21:07   Link #640
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Well, since I beat Assassin's Creed III a little bit over a week ago, I've not really had a game to play... But, since this topic has been getting me re-excited about Sailor Moon stuff, I've decided to break out the Snes9x emulator and restart Sailor Moon: Another Story for SNES.

Really hope we get some decent news about this soon. It's driving me nuts to not know what this will be like!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo