AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-02, 19:58   Link #161
Cyz
"Show it to me"

For people who love animal tails and ears and do I see a chocobo in there too?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 20:17   Link #162
Avvesione

Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-02, 21:04   Link #163
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm... not sure what to think of this anime yet. The twist in this episode was definitely a spectacular one, I'll give them that, but on the other hand... I'd kind of hoped for -and expected- a serious story.
Thery're at war for a reason. As long as it doesn't descend into Madoka territory, I'm happy. It was a light and fun 1st ep.
Old 2011-04-02, 21:10   Link #164
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Spoiler:
Well it was hinted to be that when it was revealed that even though the leaders of both armies are on opposite sides, they were good friends/rival was an indication it wasn't going to be dark. Just be careful of any "newcomer", I can bet he/she will be much darker and try to subvert the system, making it violent and brutal as they actually get injured or killed.

Also, now seeing how long before we get a girl floating inside a glass jar sequence
Old 2011-04-02, 21:24   Link #165
Kagura89

Spoiler for Dog Days 1:
Old 2011-04-02, 21:27   Link #166
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Japan just got trolled with Walpurgisnacht, then a then had a earthquake-tsunami-nuclearmeltdown triple-whammy that made 2012 appear REALISTIC. The timing of some simple fluffy non-Nanoha non-Madoka non-ZnT non-TSUNOVERLOAD is just right.

So I ask those who are shaking their heads at Dog Days about 'being trolled'...

Why. So. Serious.
Old 2011-04-02, 21:29   Link #167
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

If I was the main character, I would've been like ,"What the hell is this?!"

The first episode wasn't too bad, but I am quite worried about the direction this anime is set off to take. I mean, I don't think it was quite appropriate to troll the audience the way they did. I was gearing up for a possibly interesting serious anime, with the first few minutes, and then in turned into THIS?!?!

Ugh. I don't know. They'll have to convince me that this is going to be interesting. I give this episode a 7/10.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 21:29   Link #168
TrueKnight

I find myself amused and grinning in the entire episode. A boy who could jump probably 3 feet from rooftops in the 2nd floor then land in concrete without getting injured. Cats (?) and dogs countries engulfed in war with each other....only to find that they’re actually just sparring with each other in an athletically ways. No one dies, they just become plushies...The war events are being broadcasted live with commentator in each side. If one of them loses, their citizens just become depressed...so they desperately try to win. The maids of the castle trained like Formula 1s pitstops capable changing outfits less than 30 seconds.

Finally a healthy young boy being summonned and hailed as a hero, in a group of dog people whom most of them are moe females...Harem scene bound to ensue sooner or later.

Actually I was expecting a more serious tone.... But I guess the show’s premise was meant to be light hearted. At least the main character is sorta likeable...and if I saw a kid trying to pull out stunts like he did (jumping from the 2nd floor) I would definitely have him grounded lol.

Imo the message of the show was obvious...make love through sports, not wars.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 21:32   Link #169
Midonin
Last Engage

See, this is what I mean. The term "troll" is really starting to lose all meaning.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 21:37   Link #170
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Why. So. Serious.
Because just as how you are of the opinion that this is a good premise for the show, others are of the opinion that it is disappointing. That is called 'having an opinion' and no amount of "oh but Japan just had an earthquake and a tsunami" is going to make your opinion any more justified. The advertising gave us the illusion of a relatively serious 'boy gets summoned to magical kingdom to fight a war' story, and that's what many were expecting. Not presenting what is expected has a 50/50 chance of the people watching to be disappointed. Some of us are part of that half.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 21:41   Link #171
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

In that sense, I much prefer to be disappointed in this manner than be ultimately let down by ZnT long ago.
Old 2011-04-02, 21:55   Link #172
Calca
Expressionless

The violence of Utawareumono kind of caused me to think that this would be a bit more violent.

Even a similar colorful anime, MAR had quite a bit of blood in it (especially the manga)
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 21:56   Link #173
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
I find myself amused and grinning in the entire episode. A boy who could jump probably 3 feet from rooftops in the 2nd floor then land in concrete without getting injured. Cats (?) and dogs countries engulfed in war with each other....only to find that they’re actually just sparring with each other in an athletically ways. No one dies, they just become plushies...The war events are being broadcasted live with commentator in each side. If one of them loses, their citizens just become depressed...so they desperately try to win. The maids of the castle trained like Formula 1s pitstops capable changing outfits less than 30 seconds.

Finally a healthy young boy being summonned and hailed as a hero, in a group of dog people whom most of them are moe females...Harem scene bound to ensue sooner or later.

Actually I was expecting a more serious tone.... But I guess the show’s premise was meant to be light hearted. At least the main character is sorta likeable...and if I saw a kid trying to pull out stunts like he did (jumping from the 2nd floor) I would definitely have him grounded lol.

Imo the message of the show was obvious...make love through sports, not wars.
The question is once the "NEW CHALLENGER" Comes in who plays hardball, actually fights for real and then killing one of Izumi or Leonmittel's friends in cold blood all with the intent of claiming both kingdoms. I can almost expect that to happen at some point.
Old 2011-04-02, 22:27   Link #174
nicky_008
Fate-Chan FC

Spoiler for Really, This is what you call troll?:

But I think it's so great. lol
nicky_008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 22:29   Link #175
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 22:41   Link #176
karuroso

The major impression i had with this first ep was a light and colorful version of Utawarerumono. So was i disappointed? At first yes, i was like "what the? is this really war?come on..." but then the princess explained everything and Shinku seemed cool + great ratio of bishoujos make up for that to me.
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 22:41   Link #177
Elestia

Just looking at the soldier's faces was a huge tip off on what kind of anime this series was going to be. I don't know why people were so surprised, the mood and tension of the first few minutes didn't paint a dark, grim, or terribly serious story driven plot.
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 22:47   Link #178
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Just looking at the soldier's faces was a huge tip off on what kind of anime this series was going to be. I don't know why people were so surprised, the mood and tension of the first few minutes didn't paint a dark, grim, or terribly serious story driven plot.
Neither does MAR but later in the story you have people getting their heads cut off fully shown.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 22:52   Link #179
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Tis true. I don't believe that generals drink wine the night before going into battle.

With all the death in anime now, it's nice to have a light hearted title.
Old 2011-04-02, 23:14   Link #180
Fawx9

Shin Izumi, a Brit from Cornwall (ok thats weird, moving on) gets sucked into a magical world of cats vs dogs(oh fantasy war this may get better). Turns out to be an elaborate game of Wipe Out(Uhh ok this is different...)

Mostly girls, generic pink haired princess, childhood friend that is irrelevant, superior female warrior as rival

Oh wait its the same as everything else.

At least the MC look interesting this time, will probably depend on just how they expand this latest version of Wipe Out.
Fawx9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, shonen