AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-10-02, 02:23   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

To Aru Majutsu no Index Movie - News & Speculation (NO Spoilers)

Per ANN and as indicated on the Official Website, a movie is in production to continue the Index Franchise.

This thread is for News & Speculation about the upcoming movie, but Novel-based spoilers are not allowed even behind spoiler tags. If you wish to speculate based on the novels, please go to the Spoilers & Speculation thread instead.
Old 2011-10-02, 02:25   Link #2
Drifting Wolf

Nice! Thanks for the thread!

I wonder what this movie will be about though. I doubt it's in the canon timeline but if Kamachi has a say over it then who knows?
Drifting Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 02:49   Link #3
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Whoa, so is this movie based on the novels or a new original story?
Old 2011-10-02, 02:59   Link #4
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I suspect it's original, judging from the responses of the anime project team in one recent discussion here.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 03:08   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

My first impression opinions about this matter in a nutshell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Fuck, I was right about a Movie, but wrong about the series

(For those of you that only join recently, several months ago I was strongly pushing for a Railgun Movie about the Sister's Arc.)

From the promo cover, my guess is that it's either a remake like what they did for the Shana movie, or a completely original material... Why? Because Touma and Mikoto are in their Summer Uniform.

Why do they still like that Summer uniform, the Winter ones are much cooler -_-
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 03:15   Link #6
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i once writed here, this was gonna happen, and people called me crazy, but i quess itisnt going to be of LN vols 15-16.
Old 2011-10-02, 03:31   Link #7
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Eh so there really gonna make a movie..WOW which one Index or Railgun....
Old 2011-10-02, 03:34   Link #8
Eratas123

It's original? So will it be canon or non canon? Maybe Touma and Mikoto being in summer uniforms has nothing to do with it and they just used it since it's their iconic outfit.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 03:35   Link #9
Xenosnake
Badass

Hell yes. Can't wait. And even if it's an original story, it'll probably still be considered canon if Kamachi is part of making the script.
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 03:47   Link #10
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
It's original? So will it be canon or non canon? Maybe Touma and Mikoto being in summer uniforms has nothing to do with it and they just used it since it's their iconic outfit.
Then it would look very weird if they're wearing their winter uniform while being promoted in their summer ones.
Old 2011-10-02, 04:10   Link #11
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Then it would look very weird if they're wearing their winter uniform while being promoted in their summer ones.
Sorry about that. I tend not to take images at face value since they can easily be changed mid production. I've seen promo images and trailers which had almost absolutely noting related to the actual end product itself
Old 2011-10-02, 04:16   Link #12
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well there are little spaces in the timeline to make it canon, since the story is practically day by day, so maybe what touma and mikoto were doing in the timeline of novels 15-16( well i dont remember what touma was doing atm probably overseas or hospitalized), or a prequel(would be awesome to get some answers in movie form) or sequel(wich i really doubt).
Old 2011-10-02, 04:16   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Sorry about that. I tend not to take images at face value since they can easily be changed mid production. I've seen promo images and trailers which had almost absolutely noting related to the actual end product itself
Well, let's hope this is one of those cases then
Old 2011-10-02, 04:24   Link #14
Eratas123

I was hoping for the battle royale and the shiage vs mugino arcs to be animated, hopefully they add some parts of either in the movie since they showed GROUP's formation and Hamazura's introduction at the last 2 episodes.
Old 2011-10-02, 04:49   Link #15
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Index Movie!!?!!?!? Not Railgun?!?!?! Rages terribly* Loljk I like Index too so and more of the franchise is enough for me.
Old 2011-10-02, 05:19   Link #16
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Index Movie!!?!!?!? Not Railgun?!?!?! Rages terribly* Loljk I like Index too so and more of the franchise is enough for me.
This will at least satisfy both Railgun and Index fanbase, because they can make both Railgun Season 2 and Index movie next year.
It's unlikely that they will make Railgun and Index anime at the same time, even though they have different fanbases, but a movie/ova together with anime is OK.
Hypothetically they can make Index anime and Index movie, but I have crossed fingers for Railgun anime and Index movie.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 05:23   Link #17
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Maybe there make movie between after Daihasei Festival Arc and before Touma go Italy...i think something like that
Old 2011-10-02, 06:06   Link #18
Rovert10

I was expecting at least Index 3 and maybe 4 then save a movie for the WW3 arc. Didn't expect one this fast.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 06:15   Link #19
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
This will at least satisfy both Railgun and Index fanbase, because they can make both Railgun Season 2 and Index movie next year.
It's unlikely that they will make Railgun and Index anime at the same time, even though they have different fanbases, but a movie/ova together with anime is OK.
Hypothetically they can make Index anime and Index movie, but I have crossed fingers for Railgun anime and Index movie.
I was thinking a Railgun movie about the Sister's Arc paired with Index III would had been more ideal. With a Movie budget, the Sister's Arc would be shown in all it's glory.

But since this is the card that we've been dealt with, I would REALLY REALLY REALLY prefer if the Index movie is an original story rather than an adaptation or worse, a remake.

I want to going into it, completely not knowing what the hell would happen... Of course, assuming I didn't spoil myself months before the subs comes out
Old 2011-10-02, 06:28   Link #20
Qikz

As I read somewhere else.. 2 hours of touma punching people, I'm in.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote