AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-25, 05:55   Link #61
Darmill

If Zoro did lose an eye, then Franky could have installed something cool there like laser gun or electric drill.
Old 2011-02-25, 09:19   Link #62
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana View Post
My main problem is how he keeps his eyelids shut on one side all the time. An eye patch I could understand, or some kind of artificial eye. But try it yourself; holding your eyelids shut on one side is horrible for any length of time.

The only justification I can think of, is if he actually does have both eyes, and he is doing this so when he finally opens both he is more powerful. If the eye is missing, it just seems stupid.
Presumably the eye is gone (or extremely damaged), and the resulting scar formed around the wound has forced the eyelid to stay shut (by growing over the eyelid and forcing the wound to grow back together in such a way that the eylid can not be opened). So, it's not like he is simply keep an eye closed, it is likely he can't open any more.

(Though, it could also be a hoax, and his eye is fine and will only be revealed during intense battles...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmill View Post
If Zoro did lose an eye, then Franky could have installed something cool there like laser gun or electric drill.
I get the lazer gun (that sounds cool), but how does a drill in your eye socket work?
Old 2011-02-25, 09:47   Link #63
Darmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I get the lazer gun (that sounds cool), but how does a drill in your eye socket work?
The minidrill could be charged with solar energy, which means Zoro needs to equip some photovoltaic panels above his head.
Old 2011-02-25, 11:07   Link #64
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana View Post
My main problem is how he keeps his eyelids shut on one side all the time. An eye patch I could understand, or some kind of artificial eye. But try it yourself; holding your eyelids shut on one side is horrible for any length of time.

The only justification I can think of, is if he actually does have both eyes, and he is doing this so when he finally opens both he is more powerful. If the eye is missing, it just seems stupid.
Yeah but it could be some kind of a training to which he got used to already and is capable of keeping his eye closed for long periods of time,it's manga they can say he got used to it,and that's how it's going to be,although i doubt it,i can't imagine how you can do any good by keeping your eye closed all the time,he may be more accurate or some bs,but i don't think it would be g00d for his eyesight.

So i think he actually lost his eye,again i still think that he might have actually killed Mihawk during these 2 years,which is h0w he could loose an eye,yet of course i can't be too confident in this,Mihawk is not a nooby.But i found it weird that we haven't seen Mihawk since before the timeskip.
Old 2011-02-25, 11:14   Link #65
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Deliberately keeping an eye closed is a horrible way to fight no matter how you're fighting; your depth perception would be shot to hell...
Old 2011-02-25, 12:12   Link #66
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

zoro has a "hawk eye" now, n will open it during strong battles
Old 2011-02-25, 12:14   Link #67
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
How does a scar affect his fighting abilities?
A scar doesn't.

Neither does having one less eye. Thats the point

Its a manga...
Old 2011-02-25, 13:55   Link #68
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

Quote:
zoro has a "hawk eye" now, n will open it during strong battles
That would be awesome.
Like if Mihawk gave him one of his hawk eyes because he graduated from his training or something.
After eye surgery you usually have to keep your eye covered. (Usually with a bandage though..) And if it happened then it must of been recently..

But anyways, It's probably just a scar like Rayleigh and Shanks. Just a cool add on with a little background story :P
Old 2011-02-25, 14:32   Link #69
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

The biggest news this chapter was the info about the poneglyph. We might finally get some info on the lost history.
Old 2011-02-25, 14:59   Link #70
marvelB

I've re-read the chapter a couple more times during the past few days and decided that the highlight for me is learning of the existence of Jinbei's old crew. I mean, we've known for a long time that Arlong was a part of his gang, but we never knew of anyone else who was a part of the ex-Shichibukai's inner circle (and he never talked about them during the ID/Marineford arcs.....). Furthermore, Hody's crew described them as being a "pain in the ass", so those guys must all be pretty darned formidable in their own right (not surprising, since we also know they're veterans of the Sun pirates). It really makes me look forward to their eventual introduction more than ever, I must admit. However, I still haven't ruled out the possibility that they may turn out to be foe rather than friend......
Old 2011-02-25, 19:19   Link #71
Meloria

I have this weird idea concerning Decken; He mentioned previously about only being able to have as many targets as he does hands and as far as we're concerned, that's two. Technically only one when ruling out the princess for obvious reasons. His design makes him look hunched, with high 'shoulders'. He has four legs. Could he be hiding two other arms over his head in some arkward position?

Yes, it sounds a bit far fetched but I just can't shake the thought. I'm not sure where another two pairs of hands could come in handy in a fight though, except perhaps targeting 'hostages' to throw his opponent off guard.

Last edited by Meloria; 2011-02-25 at 19:36.
Old 2011-02-25, 19:29   Link #72
Slayerx

Decken's design does seem odd to me, but mainly because he does not seem to at all resemble the fish he is supposed to be. Most fishmen you can see how the real fish got translated into a character design; but not so much with decken.
Old 2011-02-25, 19:40   Link #73
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakis View Post
I have this weird idea concerning Decken; He mentioned previously about only being able to have as many targets as he does hands and as far as we're concerned, that's two. Technically only one when ruling out the princess for obvious reasons. His design makes him look hunched, with high 'shoulders'. He has four legs. Could he be hiding two other arms over his head in some arkward position?

Yes, it sounds a bit far fetched but I just can't shake the thought. I'm not sure where another two pairs of hands could come in handy in a fight though, except perhaps targeting 'hostages' to throw his opponent off guard.
I think you could be on to something. At least is million times more realistic than Zoro having Hawk eye's eye.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2011-02-25, 20:35   Link #74
marvelB

Oh, and there's another reason why I'm looking forward to seeing Jinbei's gang: Recall that the founding members of the Sun pirates weren't exclusively merfish-type folk, but slaves from all races. So in addition to humans, maybe this means one of Jinbei's pals is a giant or a longarm (like Apoo), eh?
Old 2011-02-25, 21:28   Link #75
Ermes Marana

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Presumably the eye is gone (or extremely damaged), and the resulting scar formed around the wound has forced the eyelid to stay shut (by growing over the eyelid and forcing the wound to grow back together in such a way that the eylid can not be opened). So, it's not like he is simply keep an eye closed, it is likely he can't open any more.

Good point, that would make sense.

The only problem I have with that, is that if it is true then it should have been made clear. You can't tell from the drawings if it is just closed, or scar tissue grew over it so it can't open.

If it can't be opened, then there will be no "payoff", so no reason to make it ambiguous. In fact the other characters should already be able to tell the difference between intentionally closing it, and it being fused shut.

If it can be opened, then there will be a "payoff", which would explain making it ambiguous.
Old 2011-02-25, 21:33   Link #76
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, and there's another reason why I'm looking forward to seeing Jinbei's gang: Recall that the founding members of the Sun pirates weren't exclusively merfish-type folk, but slaves from all races. So in addition to humans, maybe this means one of Jinbei's pals is a giant or a longarm (like Apoo), eh?
Fisher Tiger did not discriminate when it came to freeing slaves, but it was not said that everyone he freed became part of his crew...
if i recall the sunny pirates were said to only be made up of fishmen; both slaves and non slaves...
Old 2011-02-26, 22:04   Link #77
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So does Vander Decken have a color scheme yet?

Cause I personally picture him with either dark purple skin, or the generic Arlong Light Blue skin~
Old 2011-02-26, 22:52   Link #78
Slayerx

Zoro closes one eye because it eliminates distractions from his vision and allows him to focus on where he's going... Yes that's right, Zoro closing one eye is the reason why he no longer gets lost and why gets everywhere first now
Old 2011-02-27, 01:04   Link #79
longnose-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Zoro closes one eye because it eliminates distractions from his vision and allows him to focus on where he's going... Yes that's right, Zoro closing one eye is the reason why he no longer gets lost and why gets everywhere first now
No Mihawk was so annoyed by Zoro getting lost that he removed Zoro's eye and installed a GPS navigation system for Zoro. Now he will never get lost again, as long as he changes the batteries.
Old 2011-02-28, 08:08   Link #80
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
you know that actually fits the style of answers Oda would give in his SBS.
Closed Thread