AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-27, 23:55   Link #81
Undertaker

I also like it if Luffy end up having a second fruit, but then Oda will need dive more into how DF works now.

Though I guess he can always set it up as a special secret trait of the D. bloodline, since that will give Luffy a connection to BB.
Old 2013-02-28, 00:01   Link #82
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Would be very interesting if Luffy gains the Mera Mera fruit. The Gomu Gomu is reaching its end sadly when it comes to innovative new moves. Having the Mera Mera fruit combine with the Gomu Gomu or just Luffy using them is tandem is pretty interesting.
Old 2013-02-28, 02:24   Link #83
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As interesting as that sounds, I highly doubt it. Like BDK mentioned earlier, the new warlord is most likely the guy who was mentioned in Film Z (the guy who killed the titular admiral's family, in addition to cutting off his arm). At the very least, we know that person is also a DF user, but there was no indication that he was affiliated with Whitebeard in any way (if he were, I'd already have assumed him to be Chameleone, the enemy pirate Oda created for the OP stage show last year). But at the very least, I'd definitely bet that the new warlord is a new character altogether.....
I see. Ya i haven't been keeping track on the new film... Waiting for it to come out subbed
Old 2013-02-28, 03:10   Link #84
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Another chance of logia-user aboard the Straw Hats.

Nami should get the fruit, that be epic .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Luffy and Blackbeard seems to be opposites so wouldn't it work that Luffy should posses a second Devil fruit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
i think the one who will eat ace devil fruit is luffy/cobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I also like it if Luffy end up having a second fruit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Would be very interesting if Luffy gains the Mera Mera fruit. The Gomu Gomu is reaching its end sadly when it comes to innovative new moves. Having the Mera Mera fruit combine with the Gomu Gomu or just Luffy using them is tandem is pretty interesting.

*groan*

PANDORA'S. FREAKING. BOX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I really cannot see how Luffy would care much about the fruit...I mean, like it was said before the Ace that Luffy knew best, the Ace he grew up with didn't even have a fruit power, he only got it later. Sure it's the same fruit Ace had but it's just a Devil Fruit power...I seriously cannot see how the Luffy we know would logically care so much about a simple Devil Fruit that just happened to be the same his brother ate.

Like I said earlier, just because us readers are more familiar with Luffy's past relationship with Ace doesn't mean that Dofla is. For all we know, he probably thinks that both brothers had their abilities since childhood, though that obviously didn't apply for Ace. Either that, or he believes they both spent a lot of time together in the Grand Line though that obviously wasn't true, either. Either way, I still say that Dofla probably thinks that Luffy would see the fruit as an object of great sentimental value, even if he's far off the mark on that case.....
Old 2013-02-28, 03:18   Link #85
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
I can state categorically that I do not believe that Luffy has any desire for Ace's fruit for himself, for his crewmates or for the sake of Ace's memory.

Firstly it is impossible to eat two devil fruits (unless you are Blackbeard who is a unique case) so that rules himself out. Secondly, he is not the type of person to wallow in the past; rather he is the type to look towards the future, with his dreamer's disposition. Ace is dead, gone. I think Luffy understands this, and that the Mera Mera no Mi is just a fruit, a weapon if you will. It has no connection with Ace any more.

And lol ^ Marvel..
Old 2013-02-28, 04:21   Link #86
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 700
That was an awesome chapter. So many new people and so many players now. There is the two Supernova Alliances, Daflamingo, and Fleet Admiral Akainu. I hope Fujitora one of the new Admirals. Looks like Smoker is now the new G-5 leader. I wonder what kind of orders Fleet Admiral Akainu gave to Fujitora, with Smokers report and with the new events unfolding right now? Law is really cutting it close. He does not know were the factory is located but he made a deal to meet with Daflamingo in 8 hours. This is going to be cool and this should be interesting with who comes out on top in a three way battle. I wonder if Daflamingo has a copy of the Mera Mera no Mi? Akainu killed Ace and Shanks was able to recover the body. So how did Daflamingo get it? Black Beard had to move in right away to get White Beards power.

Chess Game
Law is turning out to be a good player. Letting Smoker know this stuff literally would mean the Marines and Daflamingo will clash at Green Bit if everything goes according to plan. Now the question is what move is Daflamingo going to make. If Dressrosa is truly last place for the SAD plant then Daflamingo will wait at Dressrosa for the L&L(Luffy and Law) Alliance to arrive. Second Daflamingo has Kanjouro(Kin'emon's Friend) and Ace's Fruit. I am curious to see how this will turn out using the divide and conquer method? Fleet Admiral Akainu is very confident of Fujitora, I wonder what he has in store? Right now Vergo(Vice Admiral and agent of Daflamingo) is dead, the were about of CC is revealed, Daflamingo resigned, the Supernova are joining together. Is Fujitora's orders to crush L&L alliance and Daflamingo? That would be interesting to see a team up between Luffy, Law, and Daflamingo to take on Fujitora.

Is the Shichibukai a waste?
I never thought WG would be stupid enough to give Buggy the title. Everyone who really knows Buggy must be laughing right now. Has of now the WG officially has only three Shichibukai (Mihawk, Kuma, Boa) they can rely upon when it comes to strength. Has for the program itself it is probably one of the biggest joke ever. Even among the three they can rely upon one(Kuma). The other two Boa loves Luffy and the Mihawk trained Zoro. At the present time I believe the program has out lived is usefulness. The Shichibukai of the past and present are unreliable. I am truly surprised that even five showed up for Marine Ford war.

Characters
Oda does a pretty good job with creating individual characters. Looking at Daflamingo's crew alone, the crew is unique and you can see there flaws or there weird habits. I am impressed with Oda's ability to create so many interesting characters. I think his manga officially has the most characters has well has impressive ones. I have seen other manga try and produce a lot of characters but they failed to distinguish them or make them interesting.

Mera Mera no Mi
That would be kind of cool if Luffy got a second fruit. I hope him, Zoro, or Sanji gets it. All Black Beard needs is a strong Zoan fruit. But Luffy with the Logia fruit would be a nice combination for him. Zoro and Sanji would also benefit from it. Sanji could use it to light his cigarettes and cook with it. With the combination of Mihawk's training and Ace's fruit Zoro would do some real damage. I hope one of the straw hats get it or the new guy/gal who joins the crew.
Old 2013-02-28, 04:28   Link #87
Undertaker

Quote:
*groan*

PANDORA'S. FREAKING. BOX.

Which is meant to get open.

Just to clear myself, I said it would be interesting, not actually gunning and campaigning for it.

Personally I was hope it ends up as a comedy bit just to see Dofla breaks his character the way Enel did when his power didn't work on Luffy's Rubber...
Old 2013-02-28, 04:56   Link #88
Meloria

Quote:
Also, awesome to see that Dofla's crew are themed around playing cards. So Dofla himself is "Joker", that slimy logia guy is "club" and Diamante is obviously "diamond". I suppose someone else will take Law's place as the "heart", and we've yet to be introduced to the "spade" character. I wonder if there will also be a king and queen, as well (Dofla is joker, so I guess that excludes him from being king, but imagine if the loli were the queen! ).
Wasn't there also some mention of a 'Jack' character 'on the move' during the Punk Hazard arc? Possibly related to Dofla and this card theme?
Old 2013-02-28, 06:42   Link #89
bonsobon

Is Law really planning to hand Caesar back to Doflamingo even though that was the deal? Because if he does then I'm not sure what destroying the SAD factory on Dressrosa would achieve, since Doflamingo could setup another factory someplace else (the world is a large place after all). Even without his Shichibukai status that doesn't mean he is not without resources. He could even go to Kaidou for assistance since he is the main customer for the Smiles.
Old 2013-02-28, 09:13   Link #90
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

A new factory isn't set up in like two weeks though.
Old 2013-02-28, 09:38   Link #91
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Not to mention, he'd have to rebuild both SAD factory and SMILE factory.
(bonsobon, they're going to Dressrosa to destroy SMILE factory, not SAD. SAD factory is already destroyed)

However, it's not a permanent solution.
I think Law's scheme isn't fully revealed yet.
Old 2013-02-28, 11:52   Link #92
golgo13

Doubt that a member of the Strawhat crew will eat the mera-mera fruit. It would be kind of weird, maybe Usopp haha.

How Doflamingo got the fruit is quite interesting. Likely he got it during the war, and its unclear how the power gets transmitted. I don't think it can be transmitted to *any* fruit since the encyclopedia would be useless. Maybe it transforms *any* fruit into the actual fruit or it wanders around, like Brooke's soul did, until it finds a suitable host.

There are a lot of connections between Kinnemon and Law. Either its a plot ploy to keep him along or there are deeper ties.

Trevor's fruit seems interesting. On the one hand the hunched back and up close maybe because of bad eyesight could mean snail type fruit. The way he entered the room with Doflamingo makes it look more like a Logia..
Old 2013-02-28, 13:12   Link #93
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Kinemon and Momonoji might end up being nakama, or if not, at least their spots as honorary nakama (like Vivi-chan) are already secured.
Old 2013-02-28, 15:09   Link #94
noktown

Well that's actually an interesting idea if they "fed" it to an object,although we still don't know how it's done yet.

But knowing Oda,I'm pretty sure Luffy won't have a 2nd fruit,as I'm sure they all developed crazy-ass boosts and techniques we haven't seen yet,since there was no enemy worth wasting their moves on.
Old 2013-02-28, 15:21   Link #95
Rooks

Well that was one awesome chapter ! [imo]

Law is indeed a crafty one
sending Ceasar to Green Bitt, Doflamingo going there, through Smoker's report,
the assumable new admiral probably going there.

while they will annihilate Dressrosa, retrieve the nakama of the samurai and perhaps the mera mera fruit.

things are getting excited!
Old 2013-02-28, 15:22   Link #96
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

since luffy survived Magellan's deadly poison with basically his will to live (n Ivankov's hormones) maybe he can take in ace's fruit too and live due to sheer will
Old 2013-02-28, 15:39   Link #97
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

I can see Usopp getting his hands on the box in future, then tries running but getting overpowered by Flamingo's random boss character and eating the fruit as a final resort. That would be badass.
Old 2013-02-28, 16:22   Link #98
Xacual

It should be a completely dramatic moment, Doflamingo opening the box and showing the fruit thinking Luffy would react and he doesn't, Luffy asks him where the meat is since that's what he was wanting.

I mean Luffy wouldn't recognize the fruit at all, he never saw it before Ace ate it after all.

Also I maintain that the best "eater" for the fruit would be Zoro's sword so he can get the fire sword he wanted.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-02-28, 17:45   Link #99
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
That would be kind of cool if Luffy got a second fruit. I hope him, Zoro, or Sanji gets it. All Black Beard needs is a strong Zoan fruit. But Luffy with the Logia fruit would be a nice combination for him. Zoro and Sanji would also benefit from it. Sanji could use it to light his cigarettes and cook with it. With the combination of Mihawk's training and Ace's fruit Zoro would do some real damage. I hope one of the straw hats get it or the new guy/gal who joins the crew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
I can see Usopp getting his hands on the box in future, then tries running but getting overpowered by Flamingo's random boss character and eating the fruit as a final resort. That would be badass.

"PANDORA'S. FREAKING. BOX. " Redux. But rather than just bitching about it, I think it's time for me to put my two cents on this whole matter:

Obviously, I don't believe ANY of the Straw-Hats will eat the fruit. And I don't really see why they'd need Ace's old power in the first place when more than half the crew can ALREADY use heat-based moves (the whole monster trio included). It just strikes me as wholly unnecessary. It would be akin to attaching a shotgun to a rocket launcher or something (and yes, that's why I don't see Zoro using it on any of his swords, either). Why bother adding an extra weapon to one that's already highly polished as it is? Let's not forget the crew are still relatively fresh from their training, now.

Now, as for what Luffy and co. would do with the fruit if they actually had it? Honestly, I don't see them keeping it. BUT, that doesn't mean they don't have options. In fact, I can already think of a good few:

-They can sell it (remember, we learned very early on in the series that the fruits can be sold for a high price)

-Luffy can give it to Law (not necessarily for him to eat), the samurai, or anyone else outside his crew he deems trustworthy enough to give it to, or:

-DESTROY IT. Now, this last one may sound a bit controversial, but I think this would make a lot of sense. Because if you think about it, Dofla may be right about one thing: Luffy probably WOULDN'T want to let anyone else get their hands on the fruit if it meant creating a powerful new enemy (or an old enemy gaining more power). In that case, 'twould probably be best to not let anyone have it at all. So I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Luffy decided to Red Hawk that fruit out of existence.......
Old 2013-02-28, 18:10   Link #100
james0246

^I think it would be more fun if Luffy gave the fruit to a young inspiring adventurer.
Closed Thread