AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 30 44.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 29.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 8.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-15, 21:30   Link #21
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Meh, okay episode. I have one question: where was the romance? I thought she had to fall for him, it didn't feel like she had any special feelings.

I wonder why he has to press so many buttons when he is playing.

Second season has already been announced.
I just threw my arms up in the air and wanted to scream yay! But realised my mum was asleep in the house too.

I wonder though,
Spoiler for 11:
Old 2010-12-15, 21:33   Link #22
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I wonder though since Shiori started to remember Keima, does that meant he could end up with the Harem he deserves? o_o
I think the girls will slowly regain their memories back. As to what happens... who knows. Maybe you're right and Keima will get his harem routes.
Old 2010-12-15, 22:56   Link #23
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Meh, okay episode. I have one question: where was the romance? I thought she had to fall for him, it didn't feel like she had any special feelings.
That's a question that can't be answered in this topic, since I'd have to spoil a later part in the manga.

However, considering that Keima was Shiori's sole emotional support throughout and the only one she could speak to, I'd say that she definitely had special feelings for him. They may or may not be intimate feelings as lovers, but they're special nonetheless.
Old 2010-12-15, 23:29   Link #24
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Very nice episode. I thought the scene with Keima appearing on top of the bookshelf was very nice as well as the trapped under the books scene of course.

The kiss itself felt very abrupt. I won't say that it was abrupt because in retrospect it was justified but when it happened I was like "What? It's time to kiss already? But I was just getting attached to this girl!"

On a related note:

Quote:
It's going to be very hard to notice the emotions of a girl is as withdrawn as Shiori but it was clear that she had developed affection for him even going so far as to think of him as the only person who understands her. When you look at it from that perspective the kiss makes sense even if her outward actions didn't justify it, her inner thoughts reveal her true feelings about Keima.
Old 2010-12-15, 23:32   Link #25
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Just marathoned this anime. It's really really good.

I kinda felt unsatisfied by this episode though. It might be because we had a really good Kanon arc, or because Shiori's my favorite character so far, but I didn't feel like her issue of being able to speak her mind was fixed. All Keima did was pull a, "Depend on me!" which didn't work during Kanon's arc and doesn't make sense if Keima's forgotten.

Did she want someone to understand her? Or did she want to be able to express herself? Like I said before though, really good anime. Everything's just high-quality.
Old 2010-12-16, 00:08   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ahh~ It's finally over. Glad this arc finally ended... No more focus on that crazy silent book-worshiper now.
The kiss was definitely abrupt. Then again, I prefer they just kiss and get everything over with than use another episode to properly develop to the kiss.

Why does an elementary school (kindergarten?) have such a big library...

LC was cute, yeah.

Anyways, last episode for this cour next time...

I didn't recognize the end card artist at first, but after checking, ah~ Key's artist, huh.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-12-16, 00:39   Link #27
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Well that was just great.

One of the things I liked best about Shiori in the manga was that she may be shy and quiet, but that doesn't mean she's a push over. She's got some steel in that spine of hers. And it was handled very well.

When Shiori and Keima were sitting together, her reading, and him playing his game... it was very odd, but I could actually see them as a married couple. Just enjoy each other's company while pursuing their solitary activities. I didn't get that in the manga, and haven't had that feeling before about any of the other girls except one (that hasn't been introduced yet).

And Keima finally came into his own: "I don't give a damn about the real world!"

Now there is that rude, obnoxious yet admirable guy that we know and love. They tried to make him softer for the anime, but underneath, he's still got it. Nice how he was rejecting Shiori's attempt to form an empathy bond with him too. Keima don't need no stinking real girls! (But sometimes he thinks it might be nice...)

@ OceanBlue

That wasn't a "depend on me." If he had accepted Shiori's "we're the same" gambit it would have been. That route would have been the "Shoiri can't talk to others, but she can talk to Keima" ending. Instead Keima challenged her to overcome her problem for herself and talk to anyone. Then he symbolically gave her the courage she needed in the form of a kiss. (Keima has the courage and transferred it to Shiori with his breath- a common symbol for courage). Symbols have power, especially for the literary minded.

I also thought the kiss was well done. With Kanon, Keima could be passive and wait for her to act. With Shiori, well she's a shy and modest girl, he had to be the aggressive male for her and sweep her off her feet before she realized she wanted a kiss. (Just like in the shoujo books and manga she reads).

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-12-16, 02:48   Link #28
Clarste
Human

This is the part where I actually started loving the manga, and it carried over well into the anime too. Definitely better than previous outings.

Basically, the point is that Keima isn't going to take the easy way out. He's not going to settle into a pity thing where Shiori can only talk to him and she continues to hide from her problems. She definitely needed his help, but the point of the end is that her voice did reach someone. She did that all on her own. She thought she couldn't talk to people, but in the end that was just a thought. The truth of the matter is that she can make herself understood and she did, and she continues to have that power, even without Keima.
Old 2010-12-16, 03:04   Link #29
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

This episode was beautiful and very symbolic and the use of "God only knows" was perfect as well. Everything about this episode was lovely.

The Shiori arc is currently in my view, the best arc of this anime. A 10 out of 10!
Old 2010-12-16, 03:12   Link #30
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Kana Hanazawa. Why are you such an amazing seiyuu?!

Fantastic performance.
Old 2010-12-16, 06:04   Link #31
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Yeah, count me in as those who loved this episode, one of the best in the series perhaps. Well, perhaps I'm biased because Shiori is one of my favourite "conquest" (and definitely number one compared to all Keima got so far in the anime) but I think it's pretty well done, the BGM was great and the animation (like with the books) is amazing. Sure, maybe it's a bit different than in the manga, but I think it stands up pretty good on its own, even if it's not 100% faithful (and it still got the main parts right anyway).

Sure, the kiss felt abrupt but mirroring what you guys said, unlike with Kanon Shiori has to be kissed before she realized she needs one, and the fact that Keima isn't taking the easy way out of making Shiori depending on him but actually wants Shiori to grow out of his shell is great too. In fact, it may be important later...but I better stop before I spoiled anything. No, my main beef with the anime adaptation is that this should not be in a 1-cour series, this is much more fitting if it's a long-running anime like Fairy Tail. Sure, there's a sequel, but they'll lose a bit of gas...well, think of the first cour as an introduction arc, really.
Old 2010-12-16, 07:11   Link #32
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Everything was fine. Quality was very high and it was much better than usual episodes they showed (Mostly due to Kanazawa-chan's na-dek-ho voice that melts my soul xD....). I liked everything, except this one particular thing that Manglobe keeps failing at.

Directions.

Let's say for example, that book flooding scene was indeed very beautiful and creative, I admit. It could've been prefect direction, if it was not placed in that out-of-nowhere sequence. I don't really care about pacing of story. What I do care is pacing problems in 'specific directions'. There are parts where it needs dramatic tag or comedic skips; manga has already providing all the ideas for the good directions. However, they don't know how to use it properly. This has been Manglobe's recurring mistakes on all their series, including Boobsmiths and House of Five Leaves.
Old 2010-12-16, 08:17   Link #33
hai_san

Boa what a wonderful episode, the first half was kinda normal but the second half was in best so far in the serie for me. When the music started and the book starting to fall down on Shiori and her speaks... just great and then the kiss... so great. I dunno what some ppl have problem with the episode but i definite like this episode the best. Second best would be the Kanon ending.

ps: the psp ist THE LIGHT, i always wondered why Keima only play with a psp and not with e.g a nintendo, seems gal games are only for psp or? are their some license problems or underlining advertisement.

Last edited by hai_san; 2010-12-16 at 08:45.
Old 2010-12-16, 10:19   Link #35
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Good god, that looks breath-taking! So does your sig. lol...
Old 2010-12-16, 10:30   Link #36
velvet
"with you, happiness"

I ... what? God Only Knows is a hymnos?
I have never heard the full version God Only Knows before this episode and damn, the first part really sounded similar to Ar Tonelico's BGM. A pleasant surprise as soon as the episode started~

So, nearing the end of this cour, I had to say that this series deserved its second season so far.
Well, seeing girls doing their best is my main weakness afterall (that'd be... every arc?), so yeah.

Old 2010-12-16, 11:10   Link #37
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Let It All Out.

Definitely the best arc of the series so far. I found Manglobe's free yet judicious use of original scenes and creative content to excellently portray the characters especially Shiori, to an extent I haven't even seen in the manga. I now have much more reason to believe this is all tied in to the manga and I wish the second season manages to continue this.

Also if the image on Keima's PFP at the preveiw is to be believed, I do believe we're getting "that" lecture for the season finale.
Old 2010-12-16, 13:03   Link #38
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Boa what a wonderful episode, the first half was kinda normal but the second half was in best so far in the serie for me. When the music started and the book starting to fall down on Shiori and her speaks... just great and then the kiss... so great. I dunno what some ppl have problem with the episode but i definite like this episode the best. Second best would be the Kanon ending.

ps: the psp ist THE LIGHT, i always wondered why Keima only play with a psp and not with e.g a nintendo, seems gal games are only for psp or? are their some license problems or underlining advertisement.
Don't think too seriously about it. The PSP is popular in Japan, and a lot of galge get a PSP adaption, if they don't get a PC or PS2 game.
Old 2010-12-16, 17:19   Link #39
ChronoReverse

Shiori ended up a lot more memorable and cute (no small part due to the wonderful voice acting) in the anime for me.
Old 2010-12-16, 18:57   Link #40
Jao
panchi~

Well, I thought that nothing could beat Mio's climax and no seiyuu after her could carry as much emotional impact.

I was wrong. Mostly down to manipulative techniques such as the song and animation quality, but when you get down to it this episode was just plain good and replaces episode 3 as my favourite.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Closed Thread