AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-24, 23:27   Link #21
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The the same should applied in every single girl interested on him, don't you think?
Well, yes. But I think yanderes are more prone to being more selfish than tsunderes...at least from my personal observation of them in anime and manga I've seen or read.

When it's not treated as a comedic scene, but a serious one, should a tsundere see her beloved with another, it seems like her most common reaction is to run away and cry somewhere...go take a walk in the rain, etc. Her attitude turns into " How could you do that to me? I hate you. Fine, I'll just never trust anyone again. See if I care. "

But if it's a yandere?

"[Insert name here] is with her? How dare she trick him. I will make her pay. She'll be sorry she ever messed with me because he's MINE. If I can't have him, nobody will!"
This is a more selfish (and painfully blind) attitude than the tsundere's sulk reaction. And depending on how unstable the yandere is, everybody's life could be in danger.

I would compare a hurt tsundere to a hurt kitten. A hurt yandere...well, they're just plain scary to think about. The tsundere retreats. She is more likely to accept the loss and just let the boy go in the end. The yandere plots revenge. She's not accepting the loss. She's not letting the boy go til the day he dies....and even then, some go BEYOND that *coughniceboatcough*

regarding that last sentence, I DID feel insanely awful for Kotonoha, even though she's yandere...she was too mentally unstable to begin with in a most unfunny way so I pity her so much.

But like everyone else is saying, Shirayuki's yandereness is played for laughs...so she probably won't cross into Kaede/Kotonoha mode....
Old 2011-05-25, 01:34   Link #22
tsunade666

I think you you tsunderes are mild ones. Well originally that's true but more of the latest tsundere chara are acting to much bit*h like unlike the past ones. Tsundere takes their anger on the mc or the male lead while the yandere takes their anger on the woman. That mostly differs the two nowadays. You won't see a tsundere attack violently openly on the other girl that the mc is with. But you can expect lightning to fall on the mc or been shot by beams.
Old 2011-05-27, 13:48   Link #23
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Well, yes. But I think yanderes are more prone to being more selfish than tsunderes...at least from my personal observation of them in anime and manga I've seen or read.

When it's not treated as a comedic scene, but a serious one, should a tsundere see her beloved with another, it seems like her most common reaction is to run away and cry somewhere...go take a walk in the rain, etc. Her attitude turns into " How could you do that to me? I hate you. Fine, I'll just never trust anyone again. See if I care. "

But if it's a yandere?

"[Insert name here] is with her? How dare she trick him. I will make her pay. She'll be sorry she ever messed with me because he's MINE. If I can't have him, nobody will!"
This is a more selfish (and painfully blind) attitude than the tsundere's sulk reaction. And depending on how unstable the yandere is, everybody's life could be in danger.

I would compare a hurt tsundere to a hurt kitten. A hurt yandere...well, they're just plain scary to think about. The tsundere retreats. She is more likely to accept the loss and just let the boy go in the end. The yandere plots revenge. She's not accepting the loss. She's not letting the boy go til the day he dies....and even then, some go BEYOND that *coughniceboatcough*

regarding that last sentence, I DID feel insanely awful for Kotonoha, even though she's yandere...she was too mentally unstable to begin with in a most unfunny way so I pity her so much.

But like everyone else is saying, Shirayuki's yandereness is played for laughs...so she probably won't cross into Kaede/Kotonoha mode....
Read some of Tsunade666 post.

Well, the way I see it is tsunderes sinking themselves on self pity, usually because of her unstable/lack of confidence, making others feel hurt and give up their wishes/pretentions if they are women interested in the same guy (example: Toradora, damn you Minorin! I was your fan), tsunderes don't really give up, the "plot" armor makes others give up leaving the path for the MC free and at the very end they can't just verbally admit they like the guy. That is more selfish, also not every yandere turns dangerous towards the MC as long as the guy doesn't do anything stupid or asshole as Itou M. ...
Old 2011-05-27, 15:50   Link #24
Athena
The Power of One

The way I see the diference between tsundere and yandere is easy. Normally, tsundere would never want to seriously hurt someone. You can't say the same for yanderes.
Old 2011-05-27, 19:31   Link #25
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
The way I see the diference between tsundere and yandere is easy. Normally, tsundere would never want to seriously hurt someone. You can't say the same for yanderes.
Yes, exactly my point.
Old 2011-05-29, 02:55   Link #26
shishio

Maybe we can phrase it the other way around

Tsundere = won't acknowledge MC as her love = claim MC as not her property

Yandere = acknowledge MC as her love = claim MC as her private property.

Now we all know when you encroached into other people's private property, you'll be shot but in this case, slice in half
Old 2011-05-29, 22:42   Link #27
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
Let me be the first to say that Shirayuki was extremely awesome and hilarious in the last episode. Also I did not know she was a M.
Yes, that surprised me a bit as well.
Also, she seems to know more about "kissing and such" than Aria, who proclaimed that she didn't get pregnant from kissing
With how sheltered Shirayuki grew up, you might think it was the other way round.
Old 2011-05-30, 02:14   Link #28
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Read some of Tsunade666 post.

Well, the way I see it is tsunderes sinking themselves on self pity, usually because of her unstable/lack of confidence, making others feel hurt and give up their wishes/pretentions if they are women interested in the same guy (example: Toradora, damn you Minorin! I was your fan), tsunderes don't really give up, the "plot" armor makes others give up leaving the path for the MC free and at the very end they can't just verbally admit they like the guy. That is more selfish, also not every yandere turns dangerous towards the MC as long as the guy doesn't do anything stupid or asshole as Itou M. ...
Kyou the tsundere in Clannad who wasn't made to win by "plot". While she was sad when she realized lost, but she didn't do anything stupid and realized she should give up on the MC, and she still remained friends with the MC and The winning girl, so not every tsundere is like that either . So I don't see how a tsundere has to be selfish like that when yanderes are almost defined by that trait.
MAL
Old 2011-05-30, 05:56   Link #29
shishio

Is Shirayuki really a yandere? I mean she is not really psychotic, brutal or deranged right? (refer to Kaede from shuffle). Isn't she just really possessive maybe OCD?

Maybe she is pure at heart (not the mind) so she will devote herself fully to the only male which makes her heart skip a beat.
Old 2011-05-30, 06:10   Link #30
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishio View Post
Is Shirayuki really a yandere? I mean she is not really psychotic, brutal or deranged right? (refer to Kaede from shuffle). Isn't she just really possessive maybe OCD?

Maybe she is pure at heart (not the mind) so she will devote herself fully to the only male which makes her heart skip a beat.
Her violent outbursts are meant to be taken as a joke.

She's a yandere but not the psycho violent kind. Just possessive. And yeah...ultra loyal.
Old 2011-05-30, 07:26   Link #31
shishio

So, what is background story of Shirayuki? I mean the mysterious background of hotogi family is just as intriguing as the tohyama family. I understand that Hotogi clan is a very rich clan with prestigious social standings, something about she having 7 sisters but nothing about brothers. So who is the head of the family? Shirayuki's dad?...or mom? Did the novels tell anything about them?
Old 2011-05-30, 09:15   Link #32
tsunade666

Nope, no info yet so far in the translated one. But one things for sure. I haven't heard news on Shirayuki's dad or any guy in Hotogi family or maybe Hotogi shrine. Because it's impossible to be no guy in the family.

As for the most intriguing family it would be Tohyama family for me. Hotogi family are well known shrine practitioners and battle maidens. But For Tohyama family. There are no news. They are the followers of absolute justice. Just look at his big bro. But Even if every generation they serve Japan. No info about them at all. And it looks like they aren't that rich or big of a family because Kinichi is the one who takes care of Kinji.
Old 2011-05-30, 09:29   Link #33
shishio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Nope, no info yet so far in the translated one. But one things for sure. I haven't heard news on Shirayuki's dad or any guy in Hotogi family or maybe Hotogi shrine. Because it's impossible to be no guy in the family.

As for the most intriguing family it would be Tohyama family for me. Hotogi family are well known shrine practitioners and battle maidens. But For Tohyama family. There are no news. They are the followers of absolute justice. Just look at his big bro. But Even if every generation they serve Japan. No info about them at all. And it looks like they aren't that rich or big of a family because Kinichi is the one who takes care of Kinji.
I hope the author will write about these two families. Well, i think almost all the heroine's background had been explained and some does not interest me at all except Shirayuki's

As for Tohyama, I expect the family to have deep connections with EU, maybe the Big boss of EU.

I think that Tohyama's bloodline is the origin of all abilities therefore a pure blood origin like Kinji interest the EU so much....imagine tohyama gigolos roaming around the planet since 1000 BC spreading their genes worldwide which will then evolve to a more specialized/ advance ability like Riko's ability or Jeanne's ability. . Maybe Shirayuki's dream of having 7 mini Kinji may not be a fantasy at all with Kinji having tohyama's gigolo tendencies
Old 2011-05-30, 09:43   Link #34
tsunade666

ah... have you read the novel? because if you read it you knew who is the big boss of EU. And EU is not interested at Kinji or Tohyama family at all. Only one person peaks interest in the blood line of Tohyama. The enemy of Riko. Though it looks like you read the novel if you knew
Spoiler:
But Tohyama family aren't ability users. They are humans normal humans... wait not normal, super human category maybe but not ability users or
Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-30, 10:07   Link #35
shishio

I don't think the old man is the real boss. I mean it seems to be a bit too easy. Maybe there is a shadow shogun of EU hiding in the shadow.
Spoiler for spoiler:

About the ability user, I think I've read somewhere about his ability being a passive type compared to others which are active type. What I mean is that his is more of the instinctive ability (super enhanced version) type while other people are the kind which can be freely activated according to will and no need to resort to special tricks Kana style.
Old 2011-05-30, 10:42   Link #36
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishio View Post
I don't think the old man is the real boss. I mean it seems to be a bit too easy. Maybe there is a shadow shogun of EU hiding in the shadow.
Spoiler for spoiler:

About the ability user, I think I've read somewhere about his ability being a passive type compared to others which are active type. What I mean is that his is more of the instinctive ability (super enhanced version) type while other people are the kind which can be freely activated according to will and no need to resort to special tricks Kana style.
I also agree with this part of the big boss not being the big boss or maybe he is still the big boss even if he is suppose to die.

Spoiler:

Shirayuki is a 100% choutei

Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-31, 00:24   Link #37
tsunade666

^ this is getting off topic. It's pure LN info's so better ask there.
Old 2011-05-31, 15:15   Link #38
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Kyou the tsundere in Clannad who wasn't made to win by "plot". While she was sad when she realized lost, but she didn't do anything stupid and realized she should give up on the MC, and she still remained friends with the MC and The winning girl, so not every tsundere is like that either . So I don't see how a tsundere has to be selfish like that when yanderes are almost defined by that trait.
She got her OVA though .

BTW, as far has been show Shirayuki's outbursts are `played for fun in this series.
Old 2011-05-31, 19:48   Link #39
shishio

Quote:
She got her OVA though .

BTW, as far has been show Shirayuki's outbursts are `played for fun in this series.
Yea. I don't think Shirayuki was even serious. If she was, I believe nobody can even catch the blade like how Aria did.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters