AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-16, 23:56   Link #901
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
How could the guy miss the vitals at that range with a submachine gun?
In addition to what willyvereb said, Kaburagi is using a Mac-10 and firing on full auto. The recoil would have caused him to miss - there's a reason people using automatic weapons either fire in semi auto, or burst.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 02:32   Link #902
dfens

The reason the SR member missed at close range because his unit has no actual trigger time/experience they were spies not field agents/soldiers.

A mac 10 weighs a ton and add a surpressor to one and try to hold it and fire it one handed is just plain stupid after the first round it will pull upwards. My dad had one 3 round burst way back in the day and even semi it was a chore to shoot. Not really ergonomic or comfortable at all.

Wild Goose: you can fire full auto's with great effect yes short controlled bursts are better and will give you a tighter group but depending on the weapon and distance you still can nail the target with a full 30 round mag.

I got to rent some full autos before and one example the MP-5A3 15-20 yards was dead on it didn't really need to try. With the proper grip and stance even on full auto was able to get all 30 shots into center mass but they were all over the place but they all hit no flyers or misses.

But yeah in the show it seems that their full auto rifles etc last longer than in real life. You can dump a 30 round in about 3 seconds or less that's why it's so expensive to rent a full auto in a matter of seconds more than half a box is gone already. And with todays ammo prices it's not cheap anymore.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 20:53   Link #903
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.7 perfect order
flashback showing wiley's past from meeting with lehm to do some explosion mission during gulf days to make kaboom sink a building.

also mention that during wiley working with koko so much kaboom yea no wonder on fbi most wanted that spooked johan.

cue now koko & crew doing truck shipment riding til mercenary try to attack cue headshot, wiley's bombs hack, & kaboom with johan really not want to skip any of wiley's classes.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 20:58   Link #904
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well that was a unique episode for so many reasons I love these episode where they focus on the background and expertise of a specific member- Jonah's change of attitude to Willey after hearing his stories was lol-worthy
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 23:29   Link #905
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

It's interesting, but it seems to me that Undershaft aside, Perfect Order seems to be moving away from a myth arc or event of the week, and heading instead into character exploration.

That's not a bad thing, btw.

Also FUCK YES A-10. The A-10 is my favorite ground attack aircraft. Listen to that gun~ XD

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2012-11-20 at 23:48.
Old 2012-11-21, 00:08   Link #906
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Oh gawd, with the story seeming to finally get back to the overarching shenanigans of Koko and the butterfly-obsessed "doctor" next week, I just had this horrible premonition that Koko is shooting up satellites with death rays, so she can pull a Zeon on the population of Earth with the ultimatum of peace or else.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 11:49   Link #907
ookamigirl

Nelson, Brick and Echo army days new info was nice.
It's always good to learn something new and interesting about Koko's crew.
The chatty convoy stories and flashbacks were nice.
It's felt like they decided to fill in the gaps with new info while doing a slower story.
The ambush and plan to kidnap and ransom Koko was a raging failure.
Those guys totally underestimated Koko ans her crew.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 23:12   Link #908
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wilee just got more awesome
Old 2012-11-22, 02:24   Link #909
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Looks like the Excalibur PMCs use F-150s and a Renault Koleos from the looks of it.

And is it me or does the Iraqi National Intelligence Service in the episode use Mercedes M-Class SUVs?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 07:00   Link #910
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well that was a unique episode for so many reasons I love these episode where they focus on the background and expertise of a specific member- Jonah's change of attitude to Willey after hearing his stories was lol-worthy
And the irony was on Wiley's side: "C-crap! I did it again, being a bit too bomb-happy! Jonah must be very terrified of me now to come to my language classes!"

Who would've thought that he accidentally pulled a reverse psychology to make Jonah actually not skip his classes

Either way, this episode is quite a step up back to the hilariously awesome evaluation I always give this series after a boring walkthrough on Tojo's memory lane (I'm sorry Tojo! Don't kill me! At least blame your captain for such a boring history that even Jonah slept standing hearing it!)

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 07:48   Link #911
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Who would've thought that he accidentally pulled a reverse psychology to make Jonah actually not skip his classes
Be dangerous, and people will try to avoid you out of fear. But be ludicrously dangerous? Everyone will stick to you and try to appease you
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 12:37   Link #912
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was fun. Never would have thought Willey was such a bomb maniac. I'm enjoying learning more about the members of Koko's team. The fact they never got the spotlight was one of my gripe about the first season.
Old 2012-11-22, 12:45   Link #913
klare

Wilee did not standout much previously, just when i thought he is the more normal one...

nice episode with the flashback and the fight with Excalibur
Old 2012-11-23, 02:32   Link #914
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Be dangerous, and people will try to avoid you out of fear. But be ludicrously dangerous? Everyone will stick to you and try to appease you
He was like a kid in a candy store with those IEDs. This show is still my all time favorite anime. The soundtrack is always on point, and the characters are awesome. It covers contemporary issues too (something a lot of anime shows don't do).. As someone that has traveled a lot. I can tell you a lot of PMCs actively do break int'l law. It's quite scary how lawless a conflict zone is because there is no front-line or back.. IF you're in the area you're in immediate danger.. This show always gives me that sense of it.
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 15:55   Link #915
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Well that episode does have shades of Blackwater's many controversies in Iraq, including shootings in the downtown area even when contractors insisted that gunmen attacked them first.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-11-24, 05:12   Link #916
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

I can understand nothing of guns, but man, this show rocks!

I still wanna see Koko breaking and going all out like with Rex...
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 18:28   Link #917
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Heh. Nazar is Hideyuki Umezu.

I almost thought that Keiji Fujiwara was voicing him, 'til I read his name and remembered Ian Vashti.

Old 2012-11-25, 13:44   Link #918
Darthtabby

Is it strange it one of the things that really drew my attention this episode was the fact that Koko was eatting a cheeseburger? Maybe she and her brother are more similar than she'd like to admit!
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 13:58   Link #919
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Goddamnit Jormungand, stop stealing my OCs! First you all snag a dark skinned white haired boy named Jonathan Mark, then now you're doing a Delta demolitions guy who loves explosives!

That said, Wiley has some really strong concentration. And is his talk with Echo is any indication, he passed Selection and is also a Delta Operator.

... That said, while Lehm being an officer makes sense, I always thought he was a senior Sergeant. I blame The Unit and its crew of Sergeants for that thought.

...inb4 Jormungand/The Unit crossover.

"Snake Doctor? Dirt Diver? You guys are here?"

"If Wile E. Coyote's here, then Major Brick has us in his sights. Cool Breeze, keep an eye out."

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-25, 20:04   Link #920
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Can't do anything about it, can ya bro?

Oh well, there's still maybe some piece of Jormungand fanfiction you can write about perhaps.

Tags
action, gunfights, seinen