AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-11-14, 14:13   Link #1541
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Got to hand it to Kubo, the trolling is top notch.

That being said, this was a good chapter; the only sour part about it (and probably the entire manga at the moment) is Ichigo, and his total lack of direction as a character.
Old 2012-11-14, 14:17   Link #1542
Casshern

Hahaha oh Renji... the only guy who gets weaker from training
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 15:51   Link #1543
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
i still dont get the power comparison they made of the 5 zero captains being stronger than the entire gotei 13. i mean...firstly, does that mean like current or in general. if its current thats somewhat maybe understandable but generally i don't get it. that would include yama, unohana, kyoraku, ukitake, aizen.....urahara, all the rest....not sure where tk is goin with this.

Also i thought yama would've been smart enough to know the real juha and not get blown to kingdom come
ShinAkuma135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 16:01   Link #1544
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma135 View Post
Also i thought yama would've been smart enough to know the real juha and not get blown to kingdom come
I guess it's because fake Juha never stabbed him like Aizen did - he can tell the reiatsu in his stomach but not anywhere else (and was so psyched about his own power that he didn't realise that Juha wasn't fighting back at all) - such is the way of the Yama
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 16:02   Link #1545
SeanQ

Considering Aizen is stronger than Gotei 13 altogether, it's not hard to understand 5 people together being stronger than Gotei 13 combined no?
Old 2012-11-14, 16:14   Link #1546
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
now for the Zero Squad... Kubo could have just made them arrive in a clown car - ok that's probably too harsh, Mature-Soifon and the Bosozoku Guy look interesting enough
Lol so I was not the only one thinking that

But really... what's wrong with Kubo? This designs don't look impressive at all, they look like some filler character.

Only mature-Soi Fon looks decent.

Well let's wait and see what this guys can do.

I hope they will actually live up to their hype unlike Vizards...
Old 2012-11-14, 16:15   Link #1547
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
^ Whatever man, fat chicks try harder. Skinny chicks are lazy/boring as hell. The educated man will know what I mean by this.
And you're saying I'm uneducated? =\

I said nothing about fat women.
Old 2012-11-14, 16:16   Link #1548
sayde

Quote:
i still dont get the power comparison they made of the 5 zero captains being stronger than the entire gotei 13. i mean...firstly, does that mean like current or in general.
In general, I'm sure.
Quote:
if its current thats somewhat maybe understandable but generally i don't get it. that would include yama, unohana, kyoraku, ukitake, aizen.....urahara, all the rest....not sure where tk is goin with this.
It doesn't seem too hard to comprehend IMO. Soul Society has existed for a very long time. And there's so much about the Gotei 13's history we still don't know about. So that leaves plenty of unaccounted time for a few Aizen-level prodigies to have come and gone.

With that said, if they happen to be 5 shinigami who are on par with shinigami Aizen, then I could see the total sum of their power probably would surpassing the sum total of the Gotei 13--especially if a couple of these guys have zanpakuto abilties that can make Kyouka Suigetsu look like childs play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Considering Aizen is stronger than Gotei 13 altogether, it's not hard to understand 5 people together being stronger than Gotei 13 combined no?
I don't know if I'd go that far. But he's definitely enough to handle the majority of the main force of their power (the captains) alone. Hypothetically speaking, Yamamoto alone would pose a serious threat to Aizen 1-on-1, even with hypnosis. He also even admits that Yama-jii's raw power surpasses his own. In all honestly, I could see 2 Aizen-level opponents being needed to take down Yamamoto. Chalk one more up to handle the rest of the captains and VC's to make 3. Then add #4 to take on all the fodder from 4th seat downwards. And then that'd still leave you with Aizen-tier captain number 5 for some extra overkill.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 16:20   Link #1549
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
good ol Aizen still prefered to "invent" Wonderweiss because he wasn't too comfortable taking on Yamamoto.. he clearly feared Ryujinjakka's destructive force for a reason
Old 2012-11-14, 17:19   Link #1550
Alchemist007
*Author

Middle left guy looks like he might've been a former Kenpachi. Also in agreement with the Soi Fon vibe (perhaps former ninja squad commander?).
Old 2012-11-14, 18:30   Link #1551
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Middle left guy looks like he might've been a former Kenpachi. Also in agreement with the Soi Fon vibe (perhaps former ninja squad commander?).
Depends on how canon we're taking the novels that came out not too long ago. From my understanding, the Kenpachi featured in that story was the one exception to the rule of each Kenpachi dying to get replaced. But he DOES look like a japanese gangster and fits the role of someone I could see in 11th squad.

Looking at the woman on the right that everyone's talking about, her clothing and the bit of hair we could see doesn't give off the assasin vibe that Soi-Fong has. If she has ties and whatnot in her hair, I can definitely see her as the previous 12th squad captain that left...but then she wouldn't really fit the role of a woman that Hiyori looked up to...unless her personality is different from her appearance =D.
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 19:08   Link #1552
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
but it may be better not hope a link between this and soifon captain must first see the next chapter if Hikifune or not because if it is then Hikifune this hypothesis falls into the water and any link with Soifon also

Quote:
Looking at the woman on the right that everyone's talking about, her clothing and the bit of hair we could see doesn't give off the assasin vibe that Soi-Fong has. If she has ties and whatnot in her hair, I can definitely see her as the previous 12th squad captain that left...but then she wouldn't really fit the role of a woman that Hiyori looked up to...unless her personality is different from her appearance =D.
yes we must first see how it is, it is probably a very gentle woman
Old 2012-11-14, 19:35   Link #1553
Critias

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
If they only have 5 members, what happened for them to require Hikifune? Training accident?
Or do they just have such a glacially slow recruiting schedule that they only get a member every few centuries?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
If Masaki was a Quincy then the two of them being together during the shinigami/quincy war could have been interpreted as an act of high treason = expulsion from SS.
Maybe this?
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 19:40   Link #1554
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
If they only have 5 members, what happened for them to require Hikifune? Training accident?
Or do they just have such a glacially slow recruiting schedule that they only get a member every few centuries?
Every century can not be .... Hikifune after knowing that was the latest to be promoted to the division 0 ... then I do not know how its done the selections of five members, who know there is no such selection tournoit or request Hikifune probably did not ask what is probably the senior who noticed his great power and prefer to put the division 0 ...
Old 2012-11-15, 00:31   Link #1555
Slayerx

I got my money on Hikifune being the fat one; hiyori looked up to her like a mother and her appearance just screams "big mama"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
i feel bad for ikkaku.... it's not like his bankai was all that strong to begin with...
I feel bad for Ikkaku too...
Just like kenpachi, He was neutered off screen... that's the worst way to go
Old 2012-11-15, 00:44   Link #1556
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I got my money on Hikifune being the fat one; hiyori looked up to her like a mother and her appearance just screams "big mama"
If we say that is really it like that if the next chapter learns that it is the other well will not have disappointed so far
Old 2012-11-15, 02:40   Link #1557
Excelion

I'm not feeling this whole bankai destruction thing. Feels like its been made up on the spot to give Ichigo a new, stronger sword (or Quincy bow?). Seen no problems with Renji's bankai thus far.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 02:42   Link #1558
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
I'm not feeling this whole bankai destruction thing. Feels like its been made up on the spot to give Ichigo a new, stronger sword (or Quincy bow?). Seen no problems with Renji's bankai thus far.
yes the bankai renji of it because it will have lost only 2 -3 rings but were talking about the mode zanpakuto Bankai Ichigo is cut in half ...

Old 2012-11-15, 05:06   Link #1559
chancs

Renji's Bankai can separate into various bone blades and he is able to control them. I can't see the point if the numbers only increase
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 05:14   Link #1560
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
The whole Hikifune story is a bit odd when it comes to powerlevels, because.. just how strong is a single member of the royal guard really? Do they have to be on the Captain Commander's level to get the promotion or "just" above average? Would Kyouraku fit the requirements for promotion then?

I guess I have problems with the idea of a Captain being on Yamamoto's level while serving under him. It's a bit hard to imagine.

Back then when we first heard of Hikifune's promotion my first feeling was: that's just a made up story to cover that she was put to jail in the maggot's nest or something.

Tags
bleach, chapter