AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-16, 07:35   Link #61
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
sucking out breathe is no different than sucking out moist... Luffy beat Crocodile, this is no different.
While similar in design, Crocodile had to at least touch his opponent to drain them. Caesar need only look to suffocate.
Old 2012-08-16, 08:45   Link #62
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I want to say Kaidou, because for some reason Big Mom would make it too much of a "convenient" coincidence for Luffy (who has to face her eventually). But then again, it wasn't stated that the team up would be happening immediately in the near future did it - it could time up to work out with the future Big Mom/Candy Island arc.
I'm leaning towards Big Mom simply because Kaidou hasn't really been mentioned yet. If they all banded together and managed to take one down would that form the alliance around a new emperor, which one of the SN would that be?? Damn.

EDIT: Oh it could also be blackbeard they are going after.
Old 2012-08-16, 15:41   Link #63
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I will admit that One Piece does alot of the "same stuff", the whole barging in and causing chaos is not new and is staple for OP but I still haven't gotten bored of it one bit and I doubt I ever will.
It just puts a stupid grin on my face when I see the gang just doing the crazy.

Some pretty interesting stuff going on but I'm really more into finding out what happened to Capone and Bonny for time being.

Sanji's power up is by far the best definition of "ero power"

And while I loved the open shirt Tashigi, I do like her more refined much better.
I think the open shirt deal would probably work better with characters like Nami and Boa Hancock.

On wards to the chaos!
Old 2012-08-17, 09:50   Link #64
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Answer to your question is common interest or common enemy. Alliances don't always mean they are weak. You can still be strong player and have common interest or a common enemy. Look at White Beard and Shanks they work well together. Shanks intercepted Kaido so White Beard could go save his son. The Marines are always afraid when two Yonkous get together and talk.

Uh, I never said that the people forming the alliances were weak. I'm just saying that the people they plan to topple are THAT MUCH stronger than than. I also notice that you bring up the WG being afraid about a potential alliance between Shanks and Whitebeard, but you also apparently haven't comprehended exactly WHY they consider an alliance between two emperors to be such a big deal (which was something Aohige even addressed in his recent post). Simply put, it's going to take a world-class force to take down a world-class power, and a gathering of supernovas would fit that bill....
Old 2012-08-17, 11:27   Link #65
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Sanji's power up is by far the best definition of "ero power"
lol yea, I expect sanji to worship law after this is all over.

Quote:
And while I loved the open shirt Tashigi, I do like her more refined much better.
I think the open shirt deal would probably work better with characters like Nami and Boa Hancock.
hmm. with those 2 I think an open shirt would actually be less revealing than normal it works well for tashigi since it's OOC. its nice to have her back though. i think she's suffered enough
Old 2012-08-17, 12:03   Link #66
marvelB

Putting aside the whole alliance debate for now, it occurred to me that we don't know what Law did with Monet's heart. And so I started thinking: Maybe he left it with Kinemon's kid? If so, that could explain why we haven't seen him this whole time; that is to say, Law hid him somewhere so he can keep both him AND the heart safe.....
Old 2012-08-18, 09:27   Link #67
marvelB

^Do we know for sure that Law intended to keep Kinemon split apart? The fact that he even restored Smoker and Tashigi to normal already shows that he isn't entirely merciless to his "enemies". Besides, we already knew that he aimed to betray CC at some point anyway, so he probably shambled the samurai as a distraction of sorts, then would have put him (and Monet's heart) back together after dealing with Caesar....
Old 2012-08-18, 13:33   Link #68
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I will admit that One Piece does alot of the "same stuff", the whole barging in and causing chaos is not new and is staple for OP but I still haven't gotten bored of it one bit and I doubt I ever will.
It just puts a stupid grin on my face when I see the gang just doing the crazy.
That's probably because Oda takes a fair amount of time to build up arcs. I got bored of Fairy Tail quickly, because the individual arcs aren't very long, but they still repeat the same stuff over and over again. With One Piece, you spend so much time on getting to know characters, good guys, villains, you understand so well, why people are suffering, why they need salvation, and that's why you long for the trimphant entry of the strawhats so badly. The alabasta arc is a prime example of this. The build up to the big finale was enourmous. We saw how everyone was suffering so much because of Crocodile. When Luffy finally rained his Gomu Gomu no Storm upon Crocodile and punched him through the bedrock, it just felt so f'cking satisfying.
Old 2012-08-18, 15:20   Link #69
janipani

^yeah... He got what he deserved! It felt so good back then... and I felt pretty much the same with all other arcs.. through desperations Luffy always comes kicks ass in the end.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-08-18, 15:24   Link #70
marvelB

BTW, there was something I've been meaning to mention for a while now: All this time we've been making jokes about Monet joining (at least I THOUGHT they were jokes for the most part), but what if she DOES join.... but as a member of Law's crew rather than Luffy's? I don't think it's such a far-fetched idea considering Law gained a new member the last time he encountered the whole Straw-Hat crew (remember Jean Bart?).....
Closed Thread