AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 7 9.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 21.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 40 52.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 13.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-29, 22:41   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Higurashi Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koroni, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Game or Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Game / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

ADDITIONAL RULES FOR Higurashi no Naku Koroni
  • Make sure you read the English wikipedia article for Higurashi no Naku Koroni before you ask questions!!!
  • Feel free to share your theories and speculations. In fact, I encourage you to do so as this is what makes this series interesting.
  • I am designating Sushi-Y and Freakman to lead the discussion in the correct path without spoilers as they have played the game in advance. I put confidence in them that they will recognize a member has spilled the beans too far if any other members has begun to play the game.
  • SPOILERS FAR ADVANCED THAN THE CURRENT AIRED ANIME EPISODE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. THIS INCLUDES THOSE IN SPOILER TAGS!!!. People tend to peek at spoiler tags; especially when they do not know such tag is meant for the episode, only to find it spilling the beans too far advanced in the game storyline.
Old 2006-05-30, 14:46   Link #2
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Looking at the caps from 2chan, it seems the Kameda-kun scene with Kei was taken out. I agree with the anime staff's decision to shorten that section as it was rather insignificant. Also, it seems that Hoshi-san had caught a cold so Kei's voice sounded a bit nasal in this episode. Hm, I have to hear this for myself tomorrow.

And as I said previously, this episode brings the whole "director/manager" debacle into the spotlight - people will finally understand why I preferred to use the term "manager" instead of "director" for translating the Japanese word "kantoku" in Ep. 4.
Old 2006-05-30, 16:00   Link #3
Freakman

Indeed, they took out that baseball Keiichi scene, which although funny, wasn't exactly necessary. Too bad they didn't insist a bit more on Irie's fetish though ^.^
Otherwise, quite a lot of information about Satoko and Satoshi as expected.
As you said, Keiichi's voice sounded a bit strange at times.
And just like the ladder scene, Rena's voice didn't exactly match her face in the Oyashiro-sama scene : the voice is too soft and the face too deformed. Somewhat of a shame.

By the way, I forgot to mention : there was an overload of "Miii"'s from Rika this episode

Last edited by Freakman; 2006-05-31 at 01:24.
Old 2006-05-30, 20:06   Link #4
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Unlike Onikakushi and Watanagashi-hen, Tatarigoroshi-hen's focus isn't on the Watanagashi festival, that's why this chapter might appear to be proceeding more "slowly" to some people.

The episode itself was nice, although it felt like they were pushing the "fast-forward" button on the sound novel and only focused on 4 important scenes: Keiichi's cooking incident, the baseball competition (more significantly, the talk between Keiichi and Irie), Shion's anger, and the talk between Keiichi, Rena, and Mion about Satoshi.

The important clues from this episode are much more subtle, so it'll take more effort to notice them. But do pay attention to our main characters, and you should find yourself learning a little bit more about them in this episode.

Now then, some highlights:
Spoiler for highlights:

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-05-30 at 20:50.
Old 2006-05-31, 01:26   Link #5
USCPharmacist

fugly art so I gave it an 8 this time, but the story was interesting.

It seems that the Obsidian lor-- I meant the director/manager shows up. I wonder if he carries that "crazy" needle around him ehhehe.

Also, Shion...ahhh how I missed her...don't turn psycho and survive this time will you? Although I have a feeling that a lot of people are gonna die this time around, and the fact she became angry when K1 mention Satoshi did not bode well for her...

And of course, batman Rena is gone and my favorite Pyscho Rena is back. Go Billhook girl, show the infidels what real pain is like.

Finally, I am surprise that Mion slapped Rena, and Rena did not look too happy about that....I wonder if they will treat us a scene from the "Daybreak" Demo.....lol
Old 2006-05-31, 05:22   Link #6
Keitarou
Ninja

They shortened every single one of the events drastically and left out quite some stuff (again), where's my curry addicted Ciel-senpai~ :(

Besides I'm somewhat annoyed with the animation hick-ups, like previously mentioned, the Rena scene was somewhat awful to watch due to that. :(

Anyway, still worth an 8 for everything else.
Old 2006-05-31, 13:25   Link #7
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Looks like Mion might be the sane, reliable one like Rena was last arc, but that remains to be seen obviously.

I concur. The art does seem to have suffered. I hope it's only a temporary thing.
Old 2006-05-31, 13:53   Link #8
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
沙都子お持ち帰り~

I enjoyed this episode... although the animation lacked a little in places, I feel like the animators have done a pretty good job with not letting quality drop too low. Either way, for me Higurashi isn't so much about the animation anyways! It's all about the story and mystery~

Seeing Shion get angry makes me even more impatient for Meakashi-hen.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-05-31 at 16:00.
Old 2006-05-31, 14:05   Link #9
MarmoO

I think it is safe to assume now that twin we have seen during ladder scene in 7th episode was indeed Shion. Scene with Rena was almost as grotesque as Mion in ladder scene, I hope they will change it in dvd release. And what I'm now most curious about is if demon/mental ilness/virus/whatever what is in deal here may also change it's victim's memory.
Old 2006-05-31, 14:56   Link #10
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Either that, or I'm beginning to sense that the production staff intentionally does those scenes to provide clues of when a person is in oyashiro-mode.
Old 2006-05-31, 16:14   Link #11
Cyz
"Show it to me"

that murder scene is really really disturbing.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-06-02, 00:03   Link #12
蜩の泣

rena's tone in oyashiro-mode was just wired(way 2 normal lol).same thing happened in episode 7 when Mion turning mad. i dunno if staff did these on purpose or something ,but for me it's like some kind of quality drop
Old 2006-06-02, 00:45   Link #13
LordAshram

I'm beginning to think the animation is too extreme for the voices in said two scenes, because Keiichi is overexaggerating/taking things the wrong way/hallucinating with their actions but not their voice.... Meaning maybe Rena and Mion were actually psychotic in the first arc.
Old 2006-06-02, 04:55   Link #14
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Either that, or I'm beginning to sense that the production staff intentionally does those scenes to provide clues of when a person is in oyashiro-mode.
If they are, they do it very inconsistently.

Angry Shion still doesn't reduce the factor...

And psychotic Rena is always a good thing Pity I don't have enough Japanese to understand the details of their conversations...I just get what they're talking about
Old 2006-06-02, 05:26   Link #15
Sir Alex

*reads deleted post note*
If you want to know when an episode will be subbed and released - presumably by Wind, since the other groups working on the show are several episodes behind as of yet - come to #windfs on irc.rizon.net (ninja edit - .net not .com. Or does .com work? I don't know.) and ask there. We don't object as long as you're polite. This forum isn't really the place for it, though.

As for this episode - well, I'm glad that
Spoiler for minor spoilers, characters who appear and thoughts on them:

Last edited by Sir Alex; 2006-06-02 at 23:48.
Old 2006-06-02, 15:59   Link #16
I<3killerloli's

^ I don't understand your link, it leads me to either an error page or a weird nonrelated page.
Old 2006-06-02, 16:05   Link #17
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Er, what's not to understand about the link? It's an IRC server, not a normal webpage server. Do you understand how to use IRC?
Old 2006-06-02, 16:48   Link #18
I<3killerloli's

I'll be honest, no. I'm not very computer literate. What does IRC mean?
Old 2006-06-02, 23:30   Link #19
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Internet Relay Chat. A very low-bandwidth, real-time chat type that can support hundreds of people in a single room.

A good IRC client to start with is mIRC. Rizon should already be in the drag-down server menu, so just get on that and type /join #windfs once you're connected.
Old 2006-06-09, 14:15   Link #20
Boukenxha

Spoiler for ep 9 thoughts and speculative connections to Watanagashi-hen:
Closed Thread