AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Penguin Drum

Notices

View Poll Results: Penguin Drum - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 27 42.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 34.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 17.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-22, 07:08   Link #81
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
what if shouma's friend was the one to lead him there at that precise place and time?
That was him, he says it himelf.

I knew something bothered me in the new opening : Those shoes!
Old 2011-10-22, 07:25   Link #82
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That foot looks far too small to be Yuri's...
Old 2011-10-22, 07:31   Link #83
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That foot looks far too small to be Yuri's...
Nice spotting, and i thought it hinted at a Yuri x Tabuki end...

As crazy as it can be, if Nina.Wolken is correct, then Himari is Momoka? I don't think a red shoe can indicate that through
Old 2011-10-22, 07:47   Link #84
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
As crazy as it can be, if Nina.Wolken is correct, then Himari is Momoka? I don't think a red shoe can indicate that through
It depends on whose memory Himari saw when she descended from the Library to her hospital bed.
If that was her own memory, then Tabuki is kissing Himari's shoe.
If it was the Hat memory, than Tabuki is kissing the foot of the hat inhabitant, ie, Momoka.

Edit: Momoka's shoes in episode 15 : Those are the one Tabuki is kissing. Is left to see if those are the same than the Child Boiler ones...
Old 2011-10-22, 07:54   Link #85
Gohan78
Awakened One

Tabuki kissing Momoka's little foot in the OP is disturbing in a pedo way.

I don't buy the "sex reassignment surgery" theory. For one, Yuri had plenty of time and money to remove any unwanted "appendage"... Second, I don't think that a sculptor has the ability to perform such a surgery. Third, if he was just taking skin grafts from Yuri then why did she wear a sling on her arm?
I think the chisels were a metaphor for physical abuse and/or rape and that he was going to kill her on the final night.

Given the mechanic of Momoka's diary, now I think that Momoka used the diary to change something BIG on March 20, 1995 and consequently the diary took all of her body as payment. That's why they never found any trace of her. This reminds me of Full Metal Alchemist when "God" took all of Al's body as payment for the human transmutation.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2011-10-22, 08:01   Link #86
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Is left to see if those are the same than the Child Boiler ones...
it may be the apple promise in the child broiler was tabuki and momoka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
lol why? they're the same age xD only momoka died while being a child
Old 2011-10-22, 08:02   Link #87
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:

I don't buy the "sex reassignment surgery" theory. For one, Yuri had plenty of time and money to remove any unwanted "appendage"... Second, I don't think that a sculptor has the ability to perform such a surgery. Third, if he was just taking skin grafts from Yuri then why did she wear a sling on her arm?
I think the chisels were a metaphor for physical abuse and/or rape and that he was going to kill her on the final night.

Given the mechanic of Momoka's diary, now I think that Momoka used the diary to change something BIG on March 20, 1995 and consequently the diary took all of her body as payment. That's why they never found any trace of her. This reminds me of Full Metal Alchemist when "God" took all of Al's body as payment for the human transmutation.
Agree on this ^

But then it means, despite how bad that 1995 event seems to be, it was actually already minimised by Momoka's power. Maybe the whole city died in the original world. Momoka then, to save her unborn sister and her two friends (Yuri+ Tabuki), reduced the damage down to only that train?
Old 2011-10-22, 08:06   Link #88
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
and what if yuri's dad being a "sculptor" was that also a metaphor for being a aestetics surceon? :P

Quote:
hope it wasn't saving tabuki from the gas attack, that would make a nice loop

Quote:
That was him, he says it himelf.
so we have our reason for this great coincidence, that friend looks suspicious =.= (for him being never shown in the openings probably he'll remain an hidden fate/plot binder)
Old 2011-10-22, 08:13   Link #89
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
and what if yuri's dad being a "sculptor" was that also a metaphor for being a aestetics surceon? :P

hope it wasn't saving tabuki from the gas attack, that would make a nice loop

so we have our reason for this great coincidence, that friend looks suspicious =.= (for him being never shown in the openings probably he'll remain an hidden fate/plot binder)
Then that Adam statue can't relate to his line of work, and there is no reason to change it
Old 2011-10-22, 08:30   Link #90
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Not more than Sanetoshi falling in love with a 10 years old Momoka and calling her his "lover", or Kanba attract to his 13 years old sister.
Ikuhara pulled it already in Utena, but at least both Utana and Anthy, despite being 14, had full-fledged women bodies. Here Himari really does look like a kid and Momoka is literally one .

Last edited by Nina.Wolken; 2011-10-22 at 08:50.
Old 2011-10-22, 08:39   Link #91
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Not more than Sanetoshi falling in love with a 10 years old Momoka and calling her his "lover", or Kanba attract to his 13 years old sister.
Ikuhara pulled it already in Utena, but at least both Utana and Anthy, despite being 14, had full-fledged women bodies. Here Himari really does look like a kid and Momoka is one .
They are 14? Are you sure they are not at least 16? That Akio should be rotten in jail then.

Natsume is a little bit older than Kanba, isn't she? Like 17 or so. Then Ringo is 16, Yuri is, i guess around 22-26.
Old 2011-10-22, 08:48   Link #92
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
They are 14? Are you sure they are not at least 16? That Akio should be rotten in jail then.
You only understand how messed up RGU is when you realize Utena and Anthy are indeed 14 and in their 2nd year of middle school. Welcome in Ikuhara's world, for the best and worst .
Old 2011-10-22, 08:56   Link #93
Kirarakim

Quote:
Someone said before he/she thought something was up with that classmate and I admit I was skeptic but hell, something is definitely odd. Why can't we see his face? How comes he is always the one connecting Shouma and Ringo?
At first I was like no that character is too silly but then I was like wait and I also remembered that he was the 1st person to show Ringo to Shouma. Now I am really liking this theory.

And you know it would be nice if that character had a purpose besides just random friend (well there are still Ringo's two friends who fit this).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
Funny though, Shouma actually didn't do shit Ya, he was conveniently there ready to save the day, but instead he tripped and hit his head.

Natsume was the true hero for the Ringo Rape Saga (Part 2)!

Well I meant that Shouma being there had nothing to do with finding a solution for saving Ringo from rape (because there were plenty of other solutions). Although we could argue that Shouma bursting in there was what made Yuri change her mind.

But I really think the point of having Shouma there had nothing to do with the rape at all just that Ringo & Shouma are drawn together (even in seemingly contrived circumstances) by fate.

This show is so surreal and symbolic that I am not sure why people would not stop to think there is a deeper reason for that scene.

Quote:
You only understand how messed up RGU is when you realize Utena and Anthy are indeed 14 and in their 2nd year of middle school. Welcome in Ikuhara's world, for the best and worst .
I first thought having seen Utena I was prepared for everything Ikuhara would throw at me with this series. But well after episode 15 I'm not really sure.

Anyways I am kind of hoping the Tabuki kissing Momoka's shoe thing is just meant to be symbolic and there won't be any sexual stuff involving children in this show. It was actually a really cool shot in the opening but it also creeped me out a bit.
Old 2011-10-22, 08:59   Link #94
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Then that Adam statue can't relate to his line of work, and there is no reason to change it
dunno, i found that tower/statue to be very odd
if i had to give it a metaphorical explanation that tower would be the manifest of yuri's father ideal of beauty, so momoka didn't altered a phisical tower, but a simbol which was the cause of yuri's suffering
but if we take all as what we see, yes yuri's father is a sculptor and he's simply mad

Quote:
Someone said before he/she thought something was up with that classmate and I admit I was skeptic but hell, something is definitely odd. Why can't we see his face? How comes he is always the one connecting Shouma and Ringo?
new random guess: shouma's friend is cupid xD

about shouma being a clutz, maybe the penguin#2 ostracized him on purpose, being the penguin invisible to others, maybe the glass bottles were not phisical too :P

Last edited by zeando; 2011-10-22 at 09:12.
Old 2011-10-22, 10:40   Link #95
Ghostfriendly

Great episode, moving from Murakami to Phillip K. Dick. I think rather than warping reality, the 'fates' the diary moved Yuri into a parallel universes (where her father died before he could build the 'David' tower or abuse her). Rather than dying to prevent a worse gas attack, Momoka used the diary to move herself to another universe (possibly the extra-dimensional library). So Ringo and Yuri may still have a chance to find her!

Momoka said that disasters happen to loved ones of people who use the diary. Could some use of the diary in the past be the reason that Himari is so sick?

Can't wait to see how everything will turn out. Interesting to read ideas about Shouma's friend having a hidden agenda; as it stand the next room thing was a cooincidence, but hilarious when Shouma finally realised.
Old 2011-10-22, 11:17   Link #96
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Momoka said that disasters happen to loved ones of people who use the diary. Could some use of the diary in the past be the reason that Himari is so sick?
the diary could be the torch ashes from shouma's tale of the tree and the lambs
Old 2011-10-22, 11:59   Link #97
Kazu-kun

Now that I think about it Ringo couldn't possible answer Shouma's call, or make the first one, since she was bondaged. Meaning that Yuri likely called the number, then whispered in Ringo's ear to have her say whatever she wanted. And then when shoma called back it was the same thing again. Why she wanted to create a situation for Shouma to be there, who knows. It's all fate anyway, and maybe it was written in the diary after all.

It makes me think, Momoka knew that Yuri was going to die, meaning it was written in her diary that it was going to happen that way. So the diary not only can be used to alter fate, but also shows you the original fate.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2011-10-22 at 12:19.
Old 2011-10-22, 12:58   Link #98
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
About Tabuki kissing Momoka's feet... it's as much sexual / pedo / or whatever as it is necrophilia (Momoka being long dead et al). Tabuki (as well as Yuri and Ringo) are still bound by her actions and influence, never able to move on with their own lives, ina sense enslaved to her, if anything that's what kissing her foot implies.

For the alleged rape attempt by Yuri, just keep in mind that she wanted revenge against Shouma, and she was willingly following Yuri's lead... so I am not saying that Yuri was not manipulating/seducing/taking advantage of her emotional frailty (pick what you like), but also that she wanted to be manipulated/seduced/etc. Now is that rape? By the modern ultra-conservative definitions, yes... but according to those the majority of sexual acts today would also be
Old 2011-10-22, 13:13   Link #99
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
For the alleged rape attempt by Yuri, just keep in mind that she wanted revenge against Shouma, and she was willingly following Yuri's lead... so I am not saying that Yuri was not manipulating/seducing/taking advantage of her emotional frailty (pick what you like), but also that she wanted to be manipulated/seduced/etc.
I totally disagree. Ringo was drugged out of her mind. Assigning the word "willingly" to her in such a state is nonsense IMO.
Old 2011-10-22, 13:37   Link #100
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post

For the alleged rape attempt by Yuri, just keep in mind that she wanted revenge against Shouma, and she was willingly following Yuri's lead...
So you're saying that it was Ringo's intention to make her night out with Yuri seem like a night of lesbian passion, so she could then call Sho and try to make him feel jealous over it?

That's vaguely possible, I guess, but I find it unlikely. Wouldn't Ringo bring this idea up to Yuri before the point of getting drugged if this was Ringo's plan all along?

Quote:
...so I am not saying that Yuri was not manipulating/seducing/taking advantage of her emotional frailty (pick what you like), but also that she wanted to be manipulated/seduced/etc.
I doubt that Ringo wanted to be drugged.

That being said, I do consider Episode 15 as evidence that Ringo is not 100% heterosexual, and is willing to go yuri for the right girl.