AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-08-30, 10:02   Link #181
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Shakugan on SHANA gets another manga adaptation and it will be starting soon Yay Yay

News here:
http://lightnovel.org/2007/08/29/sha...another-manga/

Title of new manga:
灼眼のシャナX Eternal song -遙かなる歌-
Shakugan no SHANA X Eternal song -Harukanaru Uta-

Though this was mentioned before, but now there are news where and when its starting
The first Shakugan no SHANA manga is currently serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Dengeki Daioh.

The second Shakugan no SHANA manga that I mentioned in the above quote will also be serialized in a seinen manga magazine:
http://comipress.com/news/2007/08/30/2559

Yeah, the new manga magazine: Dengeki Kuro Maoh is a manga magazine for adult males.
Old 2007-08-30, 13:44   Link #182
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

So, basically, what's the difference between this new manga version? A more mature faithful adaptation of Takahashi's novels?

So far I've read up to vol 9 (+ vol 0) of the Taiwanese Chinese versions, and a lot more interesting stuff seems to be added.

I'm particularly intrigued by the fact in Vol 0's Q&A session (between Friagne and Marianne, lol) explaining how Flame Hazes used to be influential people when they were still mortal humans.

As we all know, Crimson Denizens steal people's "existence" in order to physically manifest themselves. There are also other Denizens (usually the more powerful Crimson Lords) who want to stop them from upsetting the balance between our world and the Crimson World.

Taking humans' existence in order to physically manifest themselves to stop other Denizens would totally defeat the purpose of stopping them upsetting the balance. It's like killing someone before a serial killer does in order to catch him. So in order to allow their power to manifest properly in this world without stealing anyone's existence, they needed humans whose "existence container" was large enough to hold them.

People with a "huge existence" are those who have a lot of social connection and influence, hence most peoples who were chosen as Flame Hazes tend to be royals or nobles in the past. Khamsin was a prince from some long-forgotten desert empire, while Wilhelmina was once referred to as "Princess" by Tiamat. I won't be surprised if Margery turns out to be some Scottish Highland noble.

That leaves just Shana. Alastor says she's a huge enough container for him, one of the most powerful Crimson Lords. Wonder if Shana hails from a family with a long heritage?

I've some question for some of you guys concerning vol 9, but please don't spoil beyond that. (I'm aware of a major event in vol 14, but I don't wanna know, yet. )
Spoiler for Question concering vol 9 "Johann":
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 15:03   Link #183
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
So, basically, what's the difference between this new manga version? A more mature faithful adaptation of Takahashi's novels?
I'm not sure if it will be faithful or not. whats known for now that this new manga will be an adaptation of the 10th light novel. Thats whats known for now about this new manga.

Other than that, the publisher is mentioning that this new seinen manga magazine Dengeki Kuro Maoh (the magazine that will serialize the new Shakugan no SHANA manga) will be a little bit adult and a little bit ecchi
Old 2007-08-30, 18:06   Link #184
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Johan is not a big problem for yuji at the moment since Johan has no intention as of now of resurrecting himself using yuji. yuji got bigger problems with the crimson lord that already possessed his body. read the spoilers in all my posts on page 9 and you will understand.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 20:22   Link #185
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
So, this manga is based on tenth novel, which is flashback on previous slayer with burning eyes, right?
That's the one, yes.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 20:53   Link #186
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

Does anyone knows who she is?

Raykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 23:41   Link #187
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raykun View Post
Does anyone knows who she is?

Spoiler for who that person is:

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2007-08-31 at 21:54.
Old 2007-08-31, 07:17   Link #188
UPR

so this goes from love triangle to harem.
Old 2007-08-31, 09:32   Link #189
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

It's a pity there's no still independent section for Shana here, as I do have a bunch of interesting philosophical stuff to discuss about, concerning existence and the metaphysics of how these powers work in the "Shana-verse". And these deserve its own thread.

Here's hoping we'll get something like that when the second series begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Spoiler for who that person is:
So that's what she looks like. Wonder if Johann resembles Yuji in anyway? And I wonder if there's any connection between Johann and Yuji, or is the transfer of the Reiji Maigo into Yuji purely coincidental?
Old 2007-08-31, 11:04   Link #190
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
So that's what she looks like. Wonder if Johann resembles Yuji in anyway? And I wonder if there's any connection between Johann and Yuji, or is the transfer of the Reiji Maigo into Yuji purely coincidental?
Well here is what she looks like in the anime:
Image thanks to Omni's Random Curiosity blog
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...Large%2006.jpg
And regarding whether the Reiji Maigo was put into yuji, personally i believe that the reiji Maigo was not put into Yuji because of Johan but because of another more important reason,of course i could be wrong.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2007-08-31 at 13:55.
Old 2007-08-31, 12:01   Link #191
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I re-read that explanation by Wilhelmina in vol 9.

While hunting for a certain Crimson Lord, Wilhelmina stumbled upon the legendary "Appointed Couple" Pheles and Johann somewhere in Central Asia, who happen to be on the run from that Crimson Lord (nicknamed "Broken Blade" or something, but I'll call him "Broken Blade" for convenience's sake here).

According to Wilhelmina, "Broken Blade" was well-known amongst the Crimson World circles as a hit-man, and his target this time happens to be Johann and Pheles.

Wihelmina took it upon herself to protect them both, as she realized Broken Blade's clients was aiming for the Reiji Maigo. But in the end, Johann was "critically wounded" after an ambush by Broken Blade.

Just before Johann's body disintegrates, Pheles quickly used some method to stuff Johann into the Mistes Torch inside of him, thus forcefully transferring the Reiji Maigo to a random location (Yuji) away from Broken Blade's grasp.

This is done in order to prevent the Reiji Maigo from falling into Broken Blade's hands once Johann's body disintegrates, as well as prolonging Johann's existence.

To this day, Pheles is still searching for the Reiji Maigo so that she could resurrect her lover.

Normally, Wilhelmina should be assisting Pheles, whom she has befriended, in her quest. However, here comes the twist. Just before the Reiji Maigo got randomly teleported, Broken Blade managed to stuff some sort of mysterious spell inside the Reiji Maigo.

Only Wilhelmina witnessed this (maybe Pheles went unconscious while Broken Blade did that). Wilhelmina must be guessing that this spell was most likely malicious (something like a Trojan horse virus), and if Johann was resurrected, that spell would be triggered, causing widespread havoc to the balance of the two worlds.

Wilhelmina knows Pheles is intent on resurrecting her lover, so persuading her not to is useless. The only choice Wilhelmina has is to get to the Reiji Maigo before Pheles and destroy its host (Yuji) again and again, preventing Pheles from ever reaching the Reiji Maigo, i.e. a perpetual race against time.

Thanks to Shana interfering, Wilhelmina now has to contemplate fighting her friend Pheles.
Old 2007-08-31, 19:04   Link #192
Kisuke06
I see...

A question for the novel readers, do you guys think it's worth buying the novels or the anime is good enough?

I'm a big fan of SnS, I bought and read the first novel. It's quite enjoyable, and I can say that the anime wasn't a bad adaptation. But I only read the first volume.

What do you guys think? The anime let some important things out, or is it good?
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 20:24   Link #193
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

Buy the novel its good covers everything in the anime and its more detailed and tyvm angryporkstick because I was reading it and couln't find out who she is.
Raykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 20:33   Link #194
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
That leaves just Shana. Alastor says she's a huge enough container for him, one of the most powerful Crimson Lords. Wonder if Shana hails from a family with a long heritage?
Have we ever seen her unknown past before? I guess this could be a possibility, but only if someone who knew her from way back manages to tell the story somehow.

I've some question for some of you guys concerning vol 9, but please don't spoil beyond that. (I'm aware of a major event in vol 14, but I don't wanna know, yet. )
Spoiler for Question concering vol 9 "Johann":
[/QUOTE]

Spoiler:

Apologies...I've been reading up to volume 9 so far as well, but those are just some assumptions.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 21:53   Link #195
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Yes, you are right, to revive Johan. Pheles would have to do it at Yuji's expense. Originally Pheles planned to sacrifice Yuji to bring back Johan. However.....

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-01, 14:45   Link #196
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
I re-read that explanation by Wilhelmina in vol 9.

Only Wilhelmina witnessed this (maybe Pheles went unconscious while Broken Blade did that). Wilhelmina must be guessing that this spell was most likely malicious (something like a Trojan horse virus), and if Johann was resurrected, that spell would be triggered, causing widespread havoc to the balance of the two worlds.
Spoiler for Question About The "Trojan Virus":
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 00:20   Link #197
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Spoiler for Question About The "Trojan Virus":
Spoiler for Novels:

Grrr... at Vol. 15 been yet another flashback/side arc. Maybe its to set the stage for the 2 new Flame Haze to be introduced, I don't object one more loli Flame Haze .

Last edited by Darco_emp; 2007-09-02 at 00:31.
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 01:44   Link #198
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

the merging theory is plausible, and is also the one that i lean towards to. but i still get this feeling that the snake's original personality is like that already.

Maybe for the final stage they will have all the flame hazes fight Yuji. I mean thats how the Ceremonial Snake was taken down before( being surprise butt-se*ked by all the flame hazes at once).
Old 2007-09-02, 03:01   Link #199
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Spoiler for A bit spoilerly so I'll tag it as well just in case:
Spoiler for :
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 12:05   Link #200
Raykun