AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Old 2007-01-11, 23:18   Link #501
Moeney

Doe anyone think they can post a download for a completed really?really! file game save? I lost mine when i reformated my computer and really don't want to play the game all over again.
Moeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 01:21   Link #502
Tabris

Quote:
Ama returns as a secondary character in Really? Really! While still not a persuable character, she does have multiple CG scenes where she appears nude.
WHAT?! Just read it on Wikipedia, I must get this game, NAO!

Damn exams and losing the internet.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 01:26   Link #503
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeney View Post
Doe anyone think they can post a download for a completed really?really! file game save? I lost mine when i reformated my computer and really don't want to play the game all over again.
There are skip/fast forward buttons in Really? Really! that can probably let you get through the game 5 minutes flat, with most of the time spent on selecting the correct Keyword. Go into your game options/set up to figure out what you want as your skip command.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 00:54   Link #504
shinn_asagiri
HEY MAN!!!

where do i get this!? must play it
shinn_asagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 02:44   Link #505
M L Monster
三尉

Just finished the 3rd day and going to move on to the last day.

After gonig thru the flashbacks from both Rin and Kaede's view, I don't see why Rin should not choose Kaede.

Kaede really got her mind wasted with having Rin **** with other girls

I must say this game is the best out of the Shuffle series.
M L Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 06:00   Link #506
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i think most of the Ama scenes are teasers, really.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 12:11   Link #507
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinn_asagiri View Post
where do i get this!? must play it
You buy it from a software export online shop like himeyashop.com or a purchasing agent (visit the translation patch thread for recommendations on those).

It is in japanese, so it's helpful to know the language ...
Old 2007-01-25, 23:53   Link #508
M L Monster
三尉

I've completed the game, but i seem to be missing one CG in the etc section.

Anyone know where can i get the first pic which is on third row of the section?(right above the Rin's REALLY! pic)
M L Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 07:52   Link #509
TomoyoXKurogane

E new girl...
Sakura Yae or sth like tat...
she's cuter than kaede
TomoyoXKurogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 12:17   Link #510
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

I managed to fix the "unable to save" thing in Really? Really! There's two options:

1) change your non-unicode language to Japanese (guide here)

2) Download AppLocale for Windows XP (and server 2003 if you want to run them at work XD) Click here (note, you need a genuine version of Windows to download. If you haven't, Yahoo is your friend)
This program works brilliantly if you can't/don't want to change the non-unicode thing. This is what I did. Install, Run AppLocale, select browse for application, find the application, click next, click next at the "select language" thing (make sure it looks Japanesey), then click finish. You can also set a shortcut to always run the application in AppLocale. The shortcut is saved in the AppLocale start-menu group which you can then move to wherever. Every time you click the special shortcut, it moans that "if you use AppLocale often, think about changing non-unicode". This is fair enough as it's not always 100% accurate and it's only a temporary solution. So, if you have loads of visual-novels and other Japanese programs, changing non-unicode is probably your best option. If you're like me and have a maximum of 2, then AppLocale is better.
bobmarleypeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 13:18   Link #511
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

meh... you should probably switch to non-unicode/use AppLocale for any japanese game anyway ~~ (meh... the good thing with R?R! : they bundled the game with a working japanese font... i got quite annoyed with original Shuffle! )

EDIT : answer in the thread... sometimes, i should read the WHOLE thread beforhand ~~

meh... the "WTF" factor of this game is really great (i didn't even expected to praise Itsuki so much in this... both him and Mayumi are THE characters... just after kaede ^^")

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-03-19 at 13:36.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 13:38   Link #512
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

My opinion is, Navel came up with this "Kaede's fantasy" storyline as an excuse to include H scenes of the girls/women not "winnable" in the first game. : O
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 13:44   Link #513
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

well... the whole "let's fix the memories" is quite the big excuse (though it was well done, since it give a lot of Kaede and Rin Material... omg, i never thought he would gain so much points with R?R! )

but seriously, i would understand if the fantasy was only on screwed memories, but since there are H scenes even AFTER fixing the mess, and EVEN getting the memory card afterwars (i.e Primula's first H scene), it is getting really dubious at times ~~

hu well, sounds like rin didn't want to fix theses "fantaisies" for obvious reasons ~~

meh... the other question is kinda tricky :
does rin and the others are aware of the change? it seems that they are getting back on the "fix kaede's memory" objective only at the "Really Zone".
but outside of this, they seem to follow kaede's mind, and they don't quite act against them oO (i mean... everyone but rin doesn't have a obvious usefulness here... especially how you see the girls reacting after rin got them in kaede's fantaisies ~~)
Old 2007-03-19, 13:59   Link #514
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
but seriously, i would understand if the fantasy was only on screwed memories, but since there are H scenes even AFTER fixing the mess, and EVEN getting the memory card afterwars (i.e Primula's first H scene), it is getting really dubious at times ~~

hu well, sounds like rin didn't want to fix theses "fantaisies" for obvious reasons ~~
I think Rin only has to fix the blatant "wrong-isms" in Kaede's sub-conscious/imagination. She can imagine whatever she wants, but it can't have any blatantly wrong facts. That events never happened, though, may be obvious. He'd have no proof that they didn't happen, except for his word. They're just Kaede's messed up memories, anyway. By pointing out the counterdictions, though, he can seperate reality from fiction and bring Kaede's memories back into alignment with the real world.

Quote:
meh... the other question is kinda tricky :
does rin and the others are aware of the change? it seems that they are getting back on the "fix kaede's memory" objective only at the "Really Zone".
but outside of this, they seem to follow kaede's mind, and they don't quite act against them oO (i mean... everyone but rin doesn't have a obvious usefulness here... especially how you see the girls reacting after rin got them in kaede's fantaisies ~~)
Again, my interpretation here was that, most of the time, they're unwitting participants in the dreamworld. Just like Rin can only point out blatant falsehoods and counterdictions, they can't really affect the dreamworld during a dream much, if at all. They're along for the ride, more or less.

I haven't finished the game yet, but that's at least my interpretation from what I played so far. Maybe someone can offer further insight.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 14:10   Link #515
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think Rin only has to fix the blatant "wrong-isms" in Kaede's sub-conscious/imagination. She can imagine whatever she wants, but it can't have any blatantly wrong facts. That events never happened, though, may be obvious. They're just Kaede's messed up memories. By pointing out the falsehoods, though, he can seperate reality from fiction and bring Kaede's memories back into alignment with the real world.
my concern here was: where are the limits between memories and fantasy/imagination in kaede's mind? because it is a bit weird that her memories, either true or false, might be mixed with her fantasies... to be honest, i didn't see why they didn't fix theses "fantasies" part, where they are as false as her memories. (there are also "rational" parts and they are curiously much more real than kaede would imagine, this is why i got confused. i.e, in the second day, when Sia and Nerine say to Rin that he loves a lot Kaede. this is something kaede would hardly imagine)

but i guess with your insight that it is up to kaede to keep her fantasies or not, and she might already know they are wrong from the start. (while the "falsehood" was taken as "canon" for her, thus it required to be fixed by Rin)
Quote:
Again, my interpretation here was that, most of the time, they're unwitting participants in the dreamworld. Just like Rin can only point out blatant falsehoods, they can't really affect the dreamworld during a dream much, if at all.
well, you are kinda confirming how i saw this : they are mere witnesses, though they are giving some opinion and advices when rin is back in the "main memory world" with Momiji.

*scratches his head* this is where i wished i could have a fluent japanese knowledge, instead of relying on poor translation... (meh... i got already used with "The maple" )
Old 2007-03-19, 14:26   Link #516
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
my concern here was: where are the limits between memories and fantasy/imagination in kaede's mind? because it is a bit weird that her memories, either true or false, might be mixed with her fantasies... to be honest, i didn't see why they didn't fix theses "fantasies" part, where they are as false as her memories. (there are also "rational" parts and they are curiously much more real than kaede would imagine, this is why i got confused. i.e, in the second day, when Sia and Nerine say to Rin that he loves a lot Kaede. this is something kaede would hardly imagine)

but i guess with your insight that it is up to kaede to keep her fantasies or not, and she might already know they are wrong from the start. (while the "falsehood" was taken as "canon" for her, thus it required to be fixed by Rin)
Well, I think your subconscious is like that. Dreams and reality get mixed together and it's hard to know where one begins and the other ends. This is why dreams can seem really vivid to you while you're having them. It's your conscious self that does the sorting; your brain tells you "that really happened", or "no, that could never happen". In other words, your conscious self is grounded in reality. But, that's exactly the part of Kaede that "broke" in the accident. So she can no longer tell what's a memory and what's a dream/fantasy; they're completely mixed up. So Rin basically serves as her temporary conscious, pointing out the logical reasons why one memory is true, and another can't be. That way her conscious self can once again determine what in her subconsciousness is real (memories) and what isn't (fantasies/dreams). That's my interpretation, anyway...
Old 2007-03-19, 14:37   Link #517
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

yep, that's quite true.

however, the issue here : while kaede might have lost her ability to distinguish the difference between memories and imagination, kaede transformed some "memories" with erroneous elements.
this is where rin and the others are acting. they don't do anything with the imagination though. (and if the erratic memories are still considered as "imagination", it is way worse, since they don't fix theses, while they do it with the altered reality)

this is where i can't really follow your interpretation :
if we consider that kaede mix her imagination with the reality, i don't see why then they are fixing the altered memories, but they don't suppress the "wild" imagination (in your interpretation, both the "fixable" parts and the wild imagination would be the same... or did i misread your point? >_>)

our opinions are different because we might name the "screwed parts" differently?
i considered them as "altered memories" which are taken as "TRUTH" by kaede, while she has her imagination going wild in the same way. (but IIRC, momoji might have explained the "wild" imagination parts... DOH)

Gah... headach incoming...
Old 2007-03-24, 03:02   Link #518
shinn_asagiri
HEY MAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomoyoXKurogane View Post
E new girl...
Sakura Yae or sth like tat...
she's cuter than kaede
agree, despite being KKK ill admit after reading her vital stats (she's much thinner than kaede) it's safe to say she's a tad better

still KKK though, loli-kaede was so cute
shinn_asagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 21:30   Link #519
Asa's Shigure Boy
I'm Asa's Boyfriend....!

PleaseThey can give me a tutorial to how "terminate" with ASA in Really?Really!...Please.
Asa's Shigure Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 11:22   Link #520
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa's Shigure Boy View Post
PleaseThey can give me a tutorial to how "terminate" with ASA in Really?Really!...Please.
You can't, because there aren't really multiple paths in this game (just multiple stops along the way). The canon and only "good" ending in the game is with Kaede.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ero-game, eroge, navel, pc game, school life, visual novel