AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-31, 00:19   Link #201
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
It was also nice to see Shiho again. She was my favorite of all the supporting cast.
Who's Shiho? It's been too long. Thanks for the pleasant surprise of two episodes. And only one more episode to go!
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 02:08   Link #202
Lady_D
Bishounen Watcher

Go back and watch eps. 11-13 and you''ll remember her. If you don't have those eps. anymore- she's the youngest of the 3 sisters that Sakon met when he was giving a private performance for their family. She's the one that practically tore Ukon in two, trying to figure out how he worked. I still love that scene!

Last edited by Lady_D; 2007-08-31 at 02:16. Reason: addition
Lady_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 02:40   Link #203
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_D View Post
Go back and watch eps. 11-13 and you''ll remember her. If you don't have those eps. anymore- she's the youngest of the 3 sisters that Sakon met when he was giving a private performance for their family. She's the one that practically tore Ukon in two, trying to figure out how he worked. I still love that scene!
Oooh, her! She's funny. But I actually liked the orphan girl from the puppet hotel better for some reason.
Old 2007-09-01, 16:28   Link #204
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

wow Im loving this final arc! Ill tag incase ppl are gonna wait for 26
Spoiler for 24 and 25:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 17:45   Link #205
Lady_D
Bishounen Watcher

Well, I'm one of those people waiting for ep. 26. It's getting about time for that last episode isn't it?! I can hardly wait! I really hope it has a good ending. This final arc so far has been well worth the wait.
Old 2007-10-10, 17:57   Link #206
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It is definitely time for ep 26. I start to get the feeling that some people just don't want to let go. It's finished the first QC pass (maybe technically the scond QC pass, but we had a curse incident so I can't count the previous as a real QC pass) and is waiting for another encode.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 19:56   Link #207
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

The other day I saw a ref to Sakon on another board and my first thought was "omg 26 is out!!" I was half happy, half sad. Then when I found out it was out yet, I was kinda relieved XD Its gonna set hard to see this series end, I feel like Ive been watching it forever but Im dying to know what happens
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-10-10, 21:21   Link #208
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
The other day I saw a ref to Sakon on another board and my first thought was "omg 26 is out!!" I was half happy, half sad. Then when I found out it was out yet, I was kinda relieved XD Its gonna set hard to see this series end, I feel like Ive been watching it forever but Im dying to know what happens
I feel like that times 10.

So happy to see the end and so sad to no longer be able to sub this. It has been my best experience so far as a subber. Damn I love this show. And my co-conspirators are the best. Several of us are moving on to sub Legendary Gambler Tetsuya, but it just won't be the same.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-10-10, 22:13   Link #209
Sakuya
*Artist

I haven't even had a chance to start this last arc yet. Are you guys going to consider subbing the upcoming Kindaichi 2-episode special since the genre is pretty much the same. But since you didn't do the TV series for it... And the other group has just started on the TV series so I doubt they'll sub it maybe...

But yeah, for those who will have nothing to watch, there will be 2 special episodes for Kindaichi. The cases are stand-alone and other than the 2 main characters being best friends, I think that's all you need to know to prep for it.
Old 2007-10-10, 22:29   Link #210
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Sorry, but as far as I know, nobody even thought of subbing Kidaichi. At least nobody mentioned it. I don't know if anyone even has the DVDs.

Old 2007-10-10, 22:35   Link #211
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Sorry, but as far as I know, nobody even thought of subbing Kidaichi. At least nobody mentioned it. I don't know if anyone even has the DVDs.
Maybe at least sub these 2 specials from the raws. Nah nah, you probably have lots of projects to work on besides Sakon.
Old 2007-10-18, 13:24   Link #212
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Maybe at least sub these 2 specials from the raws. Nah nah, you probably have lots of projects to work on besides Sakon.
Runpsicat doesn't wanna keep going with ASP, that means we don't have a tl, and without a tl, no group.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 09:32   Link #213
Lady_D
Bishounen Watcher

Yeeaahhh! Finally the final episode is out! Go get it. *runs off to download*
Old 2007-10-24, 10:20   Link #214
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_D View Post
Yeeaahhh! Finally the final episode is out! Go get it. *runs off to download*
Oh man...I cant believe it...Im happy and sad right now. Well off to dl as well.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-11-06, 23:01   Link #215
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Unhappy Ouch its Over : (

I really felt bad today watching the last episode of Sakon … my magical journey into the world of mystery and puppetry has come to an abrupt end . The last episode was really heart wrenching and touching . I can believe we won’t get our fix of Sakon anymore .Though the mystery and who dun it factor was not there in this arc it was volumes in terms of character development . If Sakon had continued he would have possibly gotten a girl friend . Also the relationship between Sakon and Ukon has further developed and insightful …

Though I decided to dwell on the good points of the serial I can’t believe it’s finally over. My knowledge into performing arts was minimal but after this show its been enriched . Now I too can brag a thing or two about Japanese arts thanks to Sakon . This arc was a full circle in terms of understanding Sakon his fears and inhibitions , this arc also felt biographical ….

I hate to say this is end I guess but a really beautiful and touching series . Hats off to the manga ka and the anime team which brought Sakon to us . Last but not least a huge thank you to Seichi for bringing Sakon to us and ASP for continuing subbing this wonderful show . Domo Arigatto

WMB I wuv your icon - steals it -
Old 2007-11-07, 04:09   Link #216
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I answer on behalf of ASP that you are quite welcome. It is quite wrenching indeed to say goodbye to it. Subbing Sakon has been the high point of my fansubbing career to date.

I consider that Sakon definitely got a girlfriend in these episodes. Actually formalizing the relationship seems inevitable since they have already meant so much to each other. We can only speculate how long that lasted and if they married, but Shiho is definitely his girlfriend.

I've also enjoyed learning about traditional Japanese arts and theater. That's been one of the two best things about Ayatsuri Sakon. The other one is Ukon, of course.

As an interesting note, these last episodes that you found so heart wrenching and touching were anime original stories. This is a rare case where the anime exceeded the manga.

Old 2007-11-07, 09:41   Link #217
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I had the same response to watching it as Geta had, it was very hard since I knew this was the last epi. I really didnt want this to end. I didnt realize how attached Id gotten to this series til I saw epi 26 and knew there would be no more.

The last arc did surpass the manga and though I havent read the last couple of manga chaps I know what happened and Im actually glad the anime took a different direction (probably only time Ill ever say that).

Shiho is a good fit for Sakon I thought the same thing, Sakon finally got a girlfriend. Her yelling at him about Ukon was awesome and that scene over all just pulled at my heart strings.

Thank you ASP again for sticking with this

Geta: thanks! I have more MS avys in my icon gallery, the link in my sig
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-12-13, 16:44   Link #218
Sakuya
*Artist

I finally finished watching it. Thank you very much to ASP for finishing fansubbing this project. I thought the last arc was only okay. It was obviously an anime-original story since the mystery was not as deep and twisty and the style is somehow just different.

Spoiler:

Either way, I'm glad there is a conclusion to Sakon's character and past in this story. It ended nicely.
Old 2007-12-14, 16:51   Link #219
sangofe

zomg, i just noticed the last sakon release was on my b-day \o/
Someone write a comment about sakon on anidb so people downloads it :P
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 18:18   Link #220
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
Yep, was definitely a great series to watch. I especially enjoyed the musical score to it...really worked fantasticly quite often. Great work by all!
Spirit Chicken! is offline   Reply With Quote