AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-05, 15:23   Link #4301
Soji

Adan@ Well from where Zen bickering with Najimi ....with him more agitated and she seems more calmer is something that a couple do.
But who know.

Used Can@ I'm sure will be explained if Zen starts to get in touch with Najim every day.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 15:31   Link #4302
Homura7

After sealing the deal Najimi will be on top of him (literally XD) every day. Also, to the Shiranui relative... turn around already, you bastard!
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 15:36   Link #4303
Soji

^And I am pleased because I want to see how She and Zen will interact .
As for Haten .. Zen saw his face in the last ch (116) Haten was turned towards him.
We the one that have not seen him in the face.
Old 2011-10-05, 15:40   Link #4304
Homura7

It's like he only turns around towards those who he respect or something along these lines.
Old 2011-10-05, 15:48   Link #4305
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
It's like he only turns around towards those who he respect or something along these lines.
So if you're right, he respects only Najimi and Zen
Old 2011-10-05, 16:24   Link #4306
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler for last untranslated pic:

Zen's ability to connect with people should help him to gather some interesting characters in the upcoming future arc if he decides that he wants to face the council as a whole, especially since he knows the inside members so well. I'm also interested if Kuma will have an important role in all this <3
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 16:36   Link #4307
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Spoiler for last untranslated pic:

Zen's ability to connect with people should help him to gather some interesting characters in the upcoming future arc if he decides that he wants to face the council as a whole, especially since he knows the inside members so well. I'm also interested if Kuma will have an important role in all this <3
Lummie I think is Najimi who said that...At least when I read the phrase you translated I thought so .
For the rest I agree with you, it will be really interesting to see if such a thing happens.
Old 2011-10-05, 16:39   Link #4308
Lummie

Quote:
Lummie I think is Najimi who said that...At least when I read the phrase you translated I thought so .
It might aswell have been someone from the 5 who were overlooking the whole thing. You can't rule out that possibility, hence I left it as ??.
Old 2011-10-05, 16:42   Link #4309
Soji

^I do not deny this that' s why I said I think is Najimi.
But as you have translated the phrase seems more something that Najimi would says and not one of the other 5.
I mean I can not see Meguro, Naze, Mukea, Munakata or Hadsone say something like that.
Old 2011-10-05, 17:10   Link #4310
Lummie

Quote:
^I do not deny this that' s why I said I think is Najimi.
But as you have translated the phrase seems more something that Najimi would says and not one of the other 5.
I mean I can not see Meguro, Naze, Mukea, Munakata or Hadsone say something like that.
Well, who it may be, it's not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think she did that in order to take the role of the antagonist and allow Zen to become the MC.
But why would she? (I wanted to comment on this in case the manga drags down this route) Putting herself in the role of antagonist in front of her successors (the 5 girls) doesn't earn her any points with the girls. Isn't her goal to guide them on the correct path? This is far from being an good example.
Old 2011-10-05, 17:53   Link #4311
Homura7

Though Najimi contributed to, this turn of events was bound to happen sooner or later. Zen has obviously already reached the limits hardwork could take him, and the gap between him and Medaka has grown to the point where he can't "hang" with her anymore.

To me it was the one and only logical progression the plot could take, and it happened, eventually.
Old 2011-10-05, 17:54   Link #4312
Used Can

It depends what kind of things she does. If she does truly villainous things, then yes, she'd be going against what she was trying to do. If she simply pretends to have gone bad, then I don't see the problem. Say, in 115, when she hit Zen, it was said her eyes where the type she makes when checking a solved problem. It sound me like plotting.

For all we know, she may be aware of Najimi's plans. For all we know, right now, they're currently plotting against each other and Zen is in the middle of that.
Old 2011-10-05, 17:58   Link #4313
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I hope in the end, Zen will beat Medaka and Ajimu. I want him to surprise them not to be part of of their plan....
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 18:06   Link #4314
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I hope in the end, Zen will beat Medaka and Ajimu. I want him to surprise them not to be part of of their plan....
Their plan? Medaka isn't even aware of what happened. In fact, for every time Najimi vanished without warning, Medaka had a worried look in her face. In adittion, the very fact she didn't even notice Zen wasn't with the rest of the Studen Council members and their successors means she was being serious when she smacked him.

Don't misinterpret, I explained in my previous post about what it made this turn of events possible.

Btw, I know this has been discussed many times, and there were days where it even pissed me off to talk about the issue. Najimi's statements in the previous chapter leave no further doubts about who is the true main character of this story. The whole plot spins around him, around Zenkichi.
Old 2011-10-05, 18:15   Link #4315
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I want Zen to leave the student council.
Old 2011-10-05, 19:35   Link #4316
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
I want Zen to leave the student council.
D:

Well I don't, so there >:3
Old 2011-10-05, 19:38   Link #4317
Last Carpet

Quote:
It depends what kind of things she does. If she does truly villainous things, then yes, she'd be going against what she was trying to do. If she simply pretends to have gone bad, then I don't see the problem.
The problem is that it wouldn't be real.

If she's actually trying to be the antagonist to his main character, then she would be a major obstacle or genuine threat to Zen, his cause, or his goals.

But if she's only pretending that she's against him in order to make him feel better about himself, then where's the purpose here? Zen seems to honestly believe that joining the Flask Plan is his only shot at still keeping up with Medaka. If she's not taking him or his goal seriously, then it'll only serve to push Zenkichi even further away.

We've never seen Medaka, the real Medaka, fight Zen herself. And at this point we can't tell if Zenkichi really means anything to her at all. But if he does, and she's going along with this just to pity or humor him, then I don't think she realizes just what she's gambling with. This fight could make or break their "so-called" friendship.

I say "so-called" because it's like no friendship I've seen.
Do friends force you into situations without getting your input?
Do friends ignore your feelings and opinions?
Zenkichi seems to have been a much better friend than Medaka really deserves.

What I'm wondering is, can she honestly lose?
She always wins, so I'm wondering if she could throw a fight even if she tried.
And if she can't even lose a match that she's trying to lose, can someone beat her no holds barred?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 19:56   Link #4318
Eudial

I'm actually glad they're refocusing on Zenkichi now. I was getting bored with the previous arc.
Eudial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 20:04   Link #4319
Last Carpet

Quote:
It depends what kind of things she does. If she does truly villainous things, then yes, she'd be going against what she was trying to do. If she simply pretends to have gone bad, then I don't see the problem. Say, in 115, when she hit Zen, it was said her eyes where the type she makes when checking a solved problem. It sound me like plotting.

For all we know, she may be aware of Najimi's plans. For all we know, right now, they're currently plotting against each other and Zen is in the middle of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudial View Post
I'm actually glad they're refocusing on Zenkichi now. I was getting bored with the previous arc.
Same here, although I don't like where this arc is headed right now. I really feel like he should be doing this for himself not so he can cling to Medaka.

And may I add, I love your screenname
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 20:17   Link #4320
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
If she's actually trying to be the antagonist to his main character, then she would be a major obstacle or genuine threat to Zen, his cause, or his goals.

But if she's only pretending that she's against him in order to make him feel better about himself, then where's the purpose here? Zen seems to honestly believe that joining the Flask Plan is his only shot at still keeping up with Medaka. If she's not taking him or his goal seriously, then it'll only serve to push Zenkichi even further away.
By pretending, I didn't mean her not fighting him seriously. She could "play" the role of Zen's antagonist and beat his ass until he gets tired. By not being an actual villain I mean her not going out of her way to harm other people.

Right now, Zen's immediate goal is to beat Medaka. So, as long as she keeps on beating him, she'll prove to be an obstacle. Furthermore, she can keep taunting, berating and treating him like shit to play her part of a villain.

Quote:
I say "so-called" because it's like no friendship I've seen.
Do friends force you into situations without getting your input?
Do friends ignore your feelings and opinions?
Zenkichi seems to have been a much better friend than Medaka really deserves.
Well, to be honest, I've always wondered about Zen's fascination with Medaka. Back when they were kids, they seemed to be friends and nothing more. Then in middle school we know they weren't particularly close. They didn't become close again until high-school, though Zen's interest in Medaka seems to have started after the Kumagawa incident.

This makes me wonder, what role does his apparent relationship with Najimi play here. Zen doesn't remember her, but Najimi seems to have some obsession with him, even if she has also displayed interest in Kumagawa. And he refers to her as Zen's girlfriend.

Quote:
What I'm wondering is, can she honestly lose?
She always wins, so I'm wondering if she could throw a fight even if she tried.
And if she can't even lose a match that she's trying to lose, can someone beat her no holds barred?
Well, if she cannot lose, then I guess the Flask Plan can be deemed a failure, no?

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council