AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-22, 01:04   Link #1361
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I kind of think of Natsuru's density as karmic justice. Shizuku's feelings may be honest, but you can't deny that she made a pretty bad first impression on him and even her actions after that have always been as a "manipulator". It's no surprise that he takes nothing she says at face value and can't even imagine the idea that she seriously likes him. She dug her own grave here.
While I kind of agree with you here... Natsuru is still unbelievably thick.

This guy really does make Sakai Yuji look like a romance expert in comparison.

While I can honestly understand Natsuru suspecting that this was all a ploy on Shizuku's part... he has to be awfully thick to not get the hint by the mid-way point of the date.

On the positive side, though, it looks like Akane at least has a small chance of winning Natsuru's love, as she's apparently the first girl Natsuru think of (in a good way) when he's not thinking about Sakura.

I feel a bit badly for Shizuku because she really did go out of her way to make this the perfect date, but the combination of her past behavior with Natsuru's thickness made it all for naught... Yeah, she made her own bed, but Natsuru's thickness makes it harder than it should have to be for her to get out of it.

And... Mikoto is quite the eccentric. She's a bit strange even for this cast. Yandere by proxy... what a concept!

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-11-22 at 01:16. Reason: Editing in take on Mikoto.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 01:05   Link #1362
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
it was absolutely funny how this episode indicates why Shizuku might never get Natsuru.He's too cautious of her.
However, considering the fandom surrounding Shizuku and how she's the one who had the most interaction with Natsuru so far leads me to believe it can be possible, in the anime.

Akane was so irritating these last 2-3 episodes. Meh.
Old 2009-11-22, 01:28   Link #1363
Nemesis

This episode was still full of funny though.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 03:32   Link #1364
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Whoa Shizuku was incredible. Natsuru you blockhead! All these girls who are trying to gain some affection from him and all he thinks about is boring ol' Sakura. Like Mikoto, I want punch him that dense idiot. *sigh*
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 04:43   Link #1365
Mentar
Banned

I don't really see though that we need to pity Shizuku. I'm willing to bet that she went home with the feeling that this was a fun day for her - we've seen her smiling preparing for it, while the date lasted, when she left, and also in the end when she unwrapped the sea cucumber

The "you don't need a reason to love someone" line applies to her aswell. As disappointed she briefly was from time to time, she obviously didn't really hold it against him, but accepted the fact that he was so thick that he didn't get it. She'll work on that, she has time. And besides, he at least obediently went through the motions during her dating training with him, even though it lacked the spirit and thus the meaning. I bet that Shizuku thinks that this will come over time.

From the viewers' perspective, I don't mind that all THAT much, after thinking about it. At least, Natsuru's inability to "get" it allows the storywriter alot of freedom to make Shizuku much more alluring and aggresive than other more "normal" harem members. Which we can all enjoy. Especially since she's clearly very tolerant.

Sakura: Natsuru-san is mine. MINE! I won't lose! Get away from her!!

Akane: Natsuru-san is not yours. I want him too! Get away from him!!

Mikoto: Once Natsuru realizes that he won't get Sakura, he's mine. MINE! Get away from him!!

Shizuku: Naturally, Natsuru will be mine. But if he wants to, I'm willing to share.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 04:50   Link #1366
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I just saw episode 8, and all I have to say is...

Natsuru has officially moved from the Incredibly Dense category into the Flat-out Stupid category.
Old 2009-11-22, 05:03   Link #1367
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I just saw episode 8, and all I have to say is...

Natsuru has officially moved from the Incredibly Dense category into the Flat-out Stupid category.
I'd put him at at least another two levels lower. But in a way, Shizuku seems to be scolding herself sometimes, like wondering why exactly she likes him.

Mikoto looks like she rebounds pretty fast, doesn't she? Given the preview.
Punching that way might have been possible, but at that speed, there might be chafing along the thighs from how he slid out.

Can't make any actual judgement on spending a near full episode on Shizuku-Natsuru development. (Though calling it Natsuru development is unneeded; we all know he's already an idiot.)
Old 2009-11-22, 05:23   Link #1368
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

God episode 08 was annoying to watch. I'm convinced that Shizuku would bring Nataru to a love hotel, strip naked while say next to him, and he'd still think it was a plan to catch the white Kampfer off guard. God what a moron. Densest harem lead ever, with a whole load of stupid involved.

Ignoring captain stupid, Shizuku was adorable in that episode, together with foot shots. <3

You know, i'd be happy if all the other girls were killed off, and this would just be a love drama based around block head Natsuru and Shizuku, as they begin to understand their feelings for one another. You can keep in the silly Kampfer nonsense as well, just for a plus.
Old 2009-11-22, 05:41   Link #1369
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
God episode 08 was annoying to watch. I'm convinced that Shizuku would bring Nataru to a love hotel, strip naked while say next to him, and he'd still think it was a plan to catch the white Kampfer off guard. God what a moron. Densest harem lead ever, with a whole load of stupid involved.

Ignoring captain stupid, Shizuku was adorable in that episode, together with foot shots. <3

You know, i'd be happy if all the other girls were killed off, and this would just be a love drama based around block head Natsuru and Shizuku, as they begin to understand their feelings for one another. You can keep in the silly Kampfer nonsense as well, just for a plus.
Lol, but somehow, that idea seems to resemble Romeo&Juliet, which is not a good end. Probably would be a lot better than what we're seeing though.
Old 2009-11-22, 10:27   Link #1370
Kait

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaden View Post
Apparently it's an anthropomorphized version of Seppuku Black Bunny (listen to the eyecatch voice). Goes to show you what not having your intestines hanging out does for appearance.

Uhm ... well ... that make kind of sense if u consider the theories that have been said in the Manga Section about this curious dolls .
Kait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 11:17   Link #1371
Fishfood1

epi 8 had me shaking my head... god what an idiot. shizuku is being genuine, yet natsuru thinks it's a trap to lure out the white kampfers.

every viewer probably done a kyon facepalm at least once in this episode.

anyways the only plus about natsuru's behavior in this episode is: he's taking the white kampfer problem very seriously.

+ for mikoto's falcon punch on our dense male idiot
+ for akane's transformation scene

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 12:39   Link #1372
Zetsubo
著述遮断

I swear... if Shizuku's seiyu was Hitagi's, the whole "say ahh" "say ahhh already"
line would be freaky just like Episode 12 of Bakemonogatari.

Yes... ladies an gentlemen, it is I, the guy who always spots the glaring similarities and points them out in order to further my one track mind agenda.

The complete and utter dominance of Shizuku dono over this whole series.

Including that numbskull Otkonoko Natsuru.

I also filled my weekly episode quota of lunacy.

Shizuku and Hitagi are cousins.

Have to be.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 13:16   Link #1373
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
'Ippen shinde miru?' - lolol Jigoku Shoujo.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 16:21   Link #1374
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, episode 8 came out a bit late this week, but only by a few hours, so it's not too bad. I enjoyed the episode, yeah had to do a face palm when he fell asleep. The Hell Girl line made me laugh too. And it's good to see Akane has a 1 in a bazillon chance.
Old 2009-11-22, 17:07   Link #1375
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Oh mAi GawD.

What the hell natsuru. Seriously, the dumb dense idiot is seriously pissing me off...is there anyone in this world who can be as thick-skulled as he is?

This episode, along with bits and pieces from previous episodes, really made me change my opinion about Shizuku. Definitely like her the best out of all the girls, though Shizuku deserves someone much better than this idiot Natsuru.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 18:03   Link #1376
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

I felt sorry for Shizuku as well but it was also a shame that Natsuru didn't change at all, through it was still enjoyable, next one should be great with Akane.
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 20:15   Link #1377
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , the author know how to tease us with those typical anime boy pussy !
Seriously , forget about Sakura , he don't know why he love her just tell some excuses ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 20:47   Link #1378
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Man, how dense can he get? Is he trying to be just loyal to Kaede? Well, Shizuku always show a poker face so you can't tell if she was being serious or not so I can understand that part. But it has some hints that she really is making her move on Natsuru which the latter one is just waay too stupid to notice. Hm, Shizuku seems to enjoyed the time too and the fact that she got the entire day of him with no interruptions....except the part with Mikoto. Is she now ahead of the game?

-> On a side note, Harikiri Tiger struggling to climb on the trash can was funny. He should be used to that by now no?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 21:59   Link #1379
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Man, how dense can he get? Is he trying to be just loyal to Kaede? Well, Shizuku always show a poker face so you can't tell if she was being serious or not so I can understand that part. But it has some hints that she really is making her move on Natsuru which the latter one is just waay too stupid to notice. Hm, Shizuku seems to enjoyed the time too and the fact that she got the entire day of him with no interruptions....except the part with Mikoto. Is she now ahead of the game?

-> On a side note, Harikiri Tiger struggling to climb on the trash can was funny. He should be used to that by now no?
I'm not sure if she's ahead since Natsuru really doesn't get what Shizuru is thinking and doesn't seem to consider her in that way right now. First thing she needs to do is get out the image of someone that's just plotting and manipulating Natsuru out of Natsuru's mind. If he thinks she is plotting something her efforts will never be really appreciated.

Sakura's ahead through no effort of her own. If she just liked Natsuru's male side it'd be over. If she finds out her reaction could get her an instant win. Akane is probably in second being Natsuru's "partner" and having her little head squeeze into his Sakura filled mind. An important lesson, Akane shoots when happy and shoots when she is angry. In the end you better make sure your house is bulletproof .

But yeah Natsuru is truly a dense person. All these girls after him and he doesn't have a clue.
Old 2009-11-22, 23:03   Link #1380
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I wish i could adequately explain my frustration with Natsuru during episode 8. I can understand being suspicious at first given Shizuku's previous record but after a while it got downright irritating. The i remembered as a male lead being this thick headed is a norm. I wish i could say that no one on the face of the planet can be this oblivious but apparently i was wrong.

It was quite clever of Shizuku to strike first and by that i mean the date. So far none of the other girls have come forward and managed to pull off alone time with Natsuru but Shizuku did. I enjoyed the date scenes because we get to see her open up and learn a little bit more about what makes her tick. Shizuku is more complicated than the rest of the girls and thats one of the reasons why i like her. Despite the rude comments Natsuru made during their date. We have a chance to see that she herself has acknowledged the feelings she has developed for him. It started as a mere way to keep an eye on a potential threat but just like everything relationships and feelings change over time. Shizuku is a constant thinker and yes crafty but that doesn't make her any less of woman.The problem is Natsuru doesn't see her as a woman not yet at least.

In the end i got a double pleasure from seeing Natsuru get the infamous falcon punch. But though a little motivational speech we got to hear him call Shizuku by her name with honorific's.

I was actually happy there was no Sakura this time around though i would love to see burnt alive lion again lol.

Tags
action, comedy, genderbender, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen