AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-30, 16:47   Link #1
sayde

[NOVEL/OMAKE]"Spirits are Forever With You" discussion thread

Apparently, translations for all 4 volumes of this official novel/omake have already been released and translated by fans from various sources. The events that occur within each volume are said to take place between the 17 month gap of the Deicide arc and the Tale of the Lost Agent arc. Fan translated summaries for each volume have also been provided. Credit for the following brief summaries and for the lengthened fan translated summary for volume 4 goes to verduister from narutofan.

Volume 1:
Quote:
Brief intro: A captain meeting takes place. Apparently the name Kenpachi is passed on to every new 11th division captain. And former captain, Azashiro Kenpachi, who was imprisoned in the Muken has disappeared.
Volume 2:
Quote:
Brief intro: After his defeat Aizen was imprisoned in the Muken. There Aizen talks with Azashiro Kenpachi and a woman in a white kimono.
Volume 3:
Quote:
Brief intro: Don Kanonji runs into a female Hollow at an abandoned hospital. Unbeknownst to him this meeting will lead him to a path full of danger.
Volume 4:
Quote:
Soul Society is shaken by the attack of a mysterious Arrancar----

The person who appears at the Research and Development Institute is----
So to kickoff discussion here, I'll post fan translated summaries to 3 out of the 4 volumes (vol 1, 2, & 4 respectively).

I haven't been able to find a translation for vol.3 that I can copy & paste here. I only found a scanlation for it. So I'm not going to link to it since I believe that's against forum policies. If you're diligent enough, you should be able to find it yourself though.

For the first 2 volumes, I wasn't able to find the username of the person who initially provided translations for it. If someone finds out, let me know, and I'll edit this post accordingly to give credit where its due.

Spoiler for Spirits are Forever With You Vol.1:

Spoiler for Spirits are Forever With You Vol. 2:

Spoiler for Spirits are Forever With You Vol. 4:
I look forward to discussing some of these volumes with those of you who are interested. The discussion between Aizen and Azashiro Kenpachi in particular intrigues me greatly. It'll be interesting to see how these events may tie in with the canon plot (if at all).

Last edited by sayde; 2012-06-09 at 17:24.
Old 2012-05-30, 18:01   Link #2
Alchemist007
*Author

I read the first two there...interesting but too non-revealing.
Old 2012-05-31, 14:42   Link #3
sayde

I'd agree that what's written doesn't necessarily give away a whole lot or reveal answers to many unsolved mysteries. But the interesting bits still seem discussion worthy nonetheless. For instance, Azashiro Kenpachi betrayed SS and was captured 200 years ago. This time frame also coincidentally coincides with the events of the Quincy massacre. Could there be a connection?

Azashiro Kenpachi's zanpakuto also seems interesting. Based on the hints given within the first 2 volumes, it sounds like it could have quite an OP ability--perhaps even moreso than Kyouka Suigetsu. It's an ability that almost sounds like it can be everywhere and yet nowhere at the same time while allowing its wielder to perceive things far beyond the normal range. With that said, he might be hiding in some deep dark corner within the sereitei right now watching this war unfold waiting for his opportunity to make a move.

We now have confirmation (for anyone that was ever in doubt) two things.
The first being that Aizen is truly immortal. They can't sentence him to death, because he can't die. The second thing it kind of confirms is that the hougyoku is still under his control since we know it grants his body the ability to adapt to extreme conditions. So since this is the case, Aizen could still very well become a threat if he's freed.

And finally, its revealed that Espada number 8 came back somehow. How might this affect things I wonder?

This is all just off the top of my head. I haven't even considered possibilities for anything else. Case in point, we have here an ample amount of material to speculate with should anyone be up for it.
Old 2012-05-31, 16:19   Link #4
Alchemist007
*Author

Aizen being immortal is just a load of bull.
Old 2012-05-31, 16:52   Link #5
sayde

I'm not exactly sure why you'd feel that way, but okay.
Old 2012-05-31, 17:37   Link #6
Alchemist007
*Author

Because it doesn't make any sense? I mean aside from the fact that none of the good guys ever dies (plotkai), but to actually give just this guy who doesn't really even need it? Through a thing that's simply a "science ball"? (hougyoku). Though it could just be a giant target meant to have him killed through some other means in the end for all we know.
Old 2012-05-31, 19:44   Link #7
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Because it doesn't make any sense? I mean aside from the fact that none of the good guys ever dies (plotkai), but to actually give just this guy who doesn't really even need it?
He did kind of need it though. Kubo's been pretty good about killing off the bad guys for the most part. Because the arrancar saga introduced tons of them. And only a very small number made it out alive. What's more is that, some of the so-called "bad guys" turned out not to be so evil to begin with. So if popularity, redeeming traits, and qualities alone couldn't provide enough plot armor to spare some of those old antagonists, then by all means Aizen had every excuse to get killed. Afterall, he was king of the bad guys. Even now, he hasn't seem to gain any redeeming factors that would've otherwise made him worthy of having his life spared by dumb luck alone (as was the case with Harribel and her fraccion). So yeah...I guess Kubo figured Aizen needed a solid excuse to live through the war. He clearly wants to make use of him again. But at the same time, he knows very well that Aizen was the last person who deserved to get out of that war alive. That's why he needs the Hougyoku (more than anyone else). Right now, it's the ultimate plot armor. So it naturally, needs go to the guy who deserves to get killed off the most. That's how I look at it anyways.
Old 2012-05-31, 21:36   Link #8
Alchemist007
*Author

I think I see you point, but it just seems more badass if he just lived out of sheer tenacity or smarts (like taking Ichigo's last attack at a certain angle or something to barely escape alive). So if he simply lived because of plotkai alone, I think it sounds better than 'because he's immortal now.'
Old 2012-06-01, 16:50   Link #9
Calca
Expressionless

Only interesting is how the Zero Division would have stopped Aizen.
Old 2012-06-09, 18:42   Link #10
sayde

So now that a couple volumes have officially been released, it seems more info has come in. Granted, I think I read something about this novel being well over a few hundred pages, so if we're to ever get a full translation, it won't be for quite awhile, I'm sure. But nonetheless, a few interesting bits of info have been provided by various people. However some of this sounds pretty suspect though. So take it with a grain of salt until more reliable translations come in.

First I'll start off with a post provided by czeliate from BA:
Spoiler for synopsis of a few Shien and a few Kenpachi's:

Noticible highlights:
-7th Kenpachi had an extremely destructive bankai that's use was forbidden. However, if used, it would take 6 months to recharge.

-Shien is supposedly a privaron espada who ate Szayel's soul in hell to obtain his powers. I think this might be the actual being introduced in the 4th volume. It's not actually Szayel. His power seems to surpass Espada #0 and is on par with Ichigo's perfect hollowfication form.

-Whereas Zaraki and Ichigo both have constant shikai released zanpakuto's, the 8th Kenpachi seems to have a constant bankai released zanpakuto. And from the sounds of it, it seems EXTREMELY OP. After his initial betrayal 200 years ago from the Gotei 13, intervention from Squad 0 was needed before he was finally willing to give up.

Now that that's out of the way, I can continue onto this part.

From Ano on NF:
Spoiler for Kubo's acknowledgement/approval of Narita's interpretation regarding Zaraki power level:

Apparently, a scanlation of this particular segment has been provided.
Here's the next part of Ano's post:
Spoiler for Feats of Zaraki's OP strength:

Highlights of the above:
-Zaraki's so powerful that we're supposed to believe Aizen intentionally lured him into HM during the war for the sake of avoiding a battle with him.

-According to Shien, Zaraki's so powerful, that he could easily blow away Barragan's respira and Starks wolves. Shien also apparently tried to use Szayel's voodoo doll trick multiple times on Zaraki, but to no avail since Zaraki's organs are too hard.

-Finally, Zaraki's OP reiatsu makes him practically immune to all hax--which allows him to defeat someone as powerful as the 8th Kenpachi. So yeah...if this is to be believed, Ken can even endure a blitz composed of hundreds of 90's level hado spells. That $*** sounds nuts.

On a final note, czeliate found this with regards to Szayel Apporo:
Spoiler for Szayel Apporo's background:
Old 2012-06-09, 19:40   Link #11
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Kenpachi, King of Hax

meh...I still love him as the crazy bastard he is
Old 2012-06-09, 20:14   Link #12
sayde

Hax aside, it looks like the author of this novel might be trying to use this project to tie up some loose ends and explain some inconsistencies. Zaraki in particular has been the focal point of many fans to highlight power level inconsistencies throughout this series. So now the answer we're possibly looking at to explain his sudden leaps of strength (despite very little training) comes down to an actual ability--an ability that allows him to match his opponents strength for the sake of prolonging a duel. In fact, I'm seeing a lot of people across various message boards coming to the same conclusion. That being Zaraki's actual undefined power level could reach somewhere within the vicinity of Ichigo's transcended mugetsu level. But his zanpakuto's ability (whether he realizes it or not) sort-of auto adjusts his reitasu down to match his current opponents strength.
Old 2012-06-09, 22:17   Link #13
Alchemist007
*Author

Didn't Zaraki kill the former Kenpachi (#10?), when did he ever fight #8?
Old 2012-06-09, 22:18   Link #14
sayde

It would have to be during the timeskip. I'm assuming this fight happens sometime after the 8th's discussion with Aizen in Mugen.
Old 2012-06-09, 23:05   Link #15
Calca
Expressionless

I see, so in order to become a Kenpachi, you need hax cheating Aizen level powers.
Old 2012-06-09, 23:14   Link #16
sayde

Either that, or reitasu so powerful, that you can simply power through anyone's hax abilities. At the very least, this is finally giving some credence to the name of "Kenpachi"--a title handed down to each generation's strongest shinigami. For the longest time in this series, there seemed to be a few too many shinigami characters who's strength contradicted the purpose of that title. It got to a point where it felt like the title itself was just for show.
Old 2012-06-10, 16:52   Link #17
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I bet he can also resist Kira's ability. (and death note kira lol, "Kill my self?... how?)
Old 2012-06-10, 20:57   Link #18
Alchemist007
*Author

Spirit power > abilities of less spirit power. It actually kinda makes some sense. Within its fictional context perhaps...I mean even kevlar won't protect you from a full clip of a rifle to the chest point blank.
Old 2012-06-11, 23:55   Link #19
Kitsueki
会津

This is definitely badass.
Old 2012-06-12, 03:18   Link #20
Mateus

So does anyone have idea who the bound/blindfolded looking male/female on one of the covers is?