AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-09-13, 07:32   Link #1
Soulnin
Seeking a new anime

[Manga] Sasuke - Do we believe his words?

Sasuke - "As long as my goal is accomplished, Orochimaru can have my life and my after-life for that matter."

While Sasuke stating that both he and Orochimaru as one can take Itachi was convincing, I don't think I believe him. I would say that these words were for Team Kakashi's benefit so that they'd leave him alone for good. If Sasuke really doesn't care then it'll be way too difficult for Naruto and the others to save him, and we all know Sasuke has no loyalty to Orochimaru anyway.

If Sasuke's body does get taken I suppose that would be original though, but then again can you really see the creator doing this to his favourite character? Unless there's some kind of cop out for this jutsu, or yet another sharingan device which lets Sasuke get rid of Oro's soul.
Soulnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 07:46   Link #2
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
He calls himself an "avenger", and says that he lives only to kill Itachi, and that his dreams are in the past, not in the future etc. I don't think he cares about what happens afterwards, as long as he gets power to kill his brother.
Old 2006-09-13, 08:29   Link #3
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

I don't believe Sasuke's words. Sasuke is going to be the one that rids us of the likes of Oro and Kabuto for his own selfish ambitions. It's pretty snake like when you think about it: you shed yourself of old skin and start anew. Sasuke's going after Itachi with his own power the moment Oro becomes useless.

As a matter of fact, after seeing Sasuke literally hold Kyuubi back, I wouldn't be surprised if he would be the only one that can combat the body transfer jutsu if he wanted to. I also think Sakura could too, but that's another story.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 08:52   Link #4
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I agree with tramadrama's statement. If you think about it, it makes sense that Sasuke would say something like that since both Orochimaru and Kabuto were around at the moment though Oro couldn't be seen. Sasuke is obsessed with revenge against Itachi but he still has some principles that he adheres to. For example, he decided not to kill Naruto to gain MS. If he wouldn't do something like that, I doubt that he'd sacrifice his body to Orochimaru.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 09:07   Link #5
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
He said to himself that the reason he didn't kill Naruto was that he didn't want to follow his brothers path, but to obtain power in his own way.
Old 2006-09-13, 09:42   Link #6
Wrath of the Uchiha

He's sure put Itachi on an extremely high pedastal to reach, the way his wording was done it was almost as if he heavily doubted defeating Itachi even after the fuse with Orochimaru. Not to mention before it was -

1/ Kill Itachi

2/ Revive the clan.

Now it's reduced to only 1 :|

I hope Sasuke has got some kind of betrayal set up or Naruto saves\converts him :P

Speaking of which, why in the blazes doesn't Naruto ask Kakashi more about Sasuke, if he truly wants to help him he'd want to find out more clearly about Sasuke's past :/
Wrath of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 14:15   Link #7
Soulnin
Seeking a new anime

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Baring in mind that Sasuke still is a main character, he would be redeemed somewhat by taking on Orochimaru.
Old 2006-09-13, 14:49   Link #8
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulnin
Yeah thats what I was thinking. Baring in mind that Sasuke still is a main character, he would be redeemed somewhat by taking on Orochimaru.
I think it's safe to say that Sasuke isn't a main character anymore. He's a "supporting actor" now. It's been ridiculously too long since Sasuke has had a constant flow in the manga. Even when the manga focused on Naruto training with Jiraiya twice, Sasuke wasn't away this long. He was shown just enough to be considered a main character.

I think in both instances, he was absent due to the cursed seal. But now, Sasuke is more of a backburner character, similar to how Knives was in Trigun. It's like Kishi is making Naruto say, "There is a man, I know he exists, and I have to find him." It's that kind of thing to let you know that he exist out there and that's the end of Sasuke.

It's probably easier to look at it as saying that Sasuke is Naruto's Itachi.
Old 2006-09-13, 17:00   Link #9
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

He won't have a reason to exist after he gets his revenge, so I do believe his words.
Yazakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 17:08   Link #10
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazakura
He won't have a reason to exist after he gets his revenge, so I do believe his words.
His reason to exist will always change. He's so hellbent on revenge that the moment that issue is taken care of, he'll want to prove his worth against Naruto, then Rock Lee, then others. He'll find a reason.
Old 2006-09-13, 17:11   Link #11
minuteman

dose he mind if oro is in his body to kill his brother?
minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 19:48   Link #12
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by minuteman
dose he mind if oro is in his body to kill his brother?

He actually says that he wants Oro to take over his body b/c that's the only way they can kill Itachi.
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 00:06   Link #13
Hage-bai
Banned

Regardless of whether he believes in his own words or not, it would be a very major (and pleasant) surprise if he were allowed to go through with it and give his body to ORO.

He'll either be stopped by someone like Naruto, or he'll trick/defeat Orochimaru somehow. Unless Kishimoto wants to surprise us, we should start taking bets on how the mangaka will draw Sasuke out of the mess he's in and at the same time defeat his brother.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 00:59   Link #14
Ichimaru

i dont think he be loyal like kimmimaru, after all he is emo
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 09:18   Link #15
Soulnin
Seeking a new anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama
I think it's safe to say that Sasuke isn't a main character anymore. He's a "supporting actor" now. It's been ridiculously too long since Sasuke has had a constant flow in the manga. Even when the manga focused on Naruto training with Jiraiya twice, Sasuke wasn't away this long. He was shown just enough to be considered a main character.

I think in both instances, he was absent due to the cursed seal. But now, Sasuke is more of a backburner character, similar to how Knives was in Trigun. It's like Kishi is making Naruto say, "There is a man, I know he exists, and I have to find him." It's that kind of thing to let you know that he exist out there and that's the end of Sasuke.

It's probably easier to look at it as saying that Sasuke is Naruto's Itachi.
Fair point but regardless, he has been proven to be the most popular character, so I'm assuming his fan base (and possibly creator) wouldn't want him to meet a grim end.
Old 2006-09-14, 09:23   Link #16
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulnin
Fair point but regardless, he has been proven to be the most popular character, so I'm assuming his fan base (and possibly creator) wouldn't want him to meet a grim end.
True, he's popular even after his absence, and like I said earlier, he's going to be the one that kills Oro and Kabuto, but don't be surprised if we don't see Sasuke for another year (in the manga timeline, not actual) or couple of months. Both Naruto and Sasuke have the "That Jutsus" just waiting to be used on each other.
Old 2006-09-14, 10:09   Link #17
Wrath of the Uchiha

Quote:
but don't be surprised if we don't see Sasuke for another year (in the manga timeline, not actual)
omfg, actual one year, you almost made me mad at you until I read inside the brackets while fuming :/
Wrath of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 12:01   Link #18
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
True, he's popular even after his absence, and like I said earlier, he's going to be the one that kills Oro and Kabuto, but don't be surprised if we don't see Sasuke for another year (in the manga timeline, not actual) or couple of months. Both Naruto and Sasuke have the "That Jutsus" just waiting to be used on each other.
I think he would appear in less than 6 month actual manga timeline, everything is pointing out towards Akatsuki reaching its goal and Oro getting inside Sasuke. that it are governed by the 6 months rule.
Old 2006-09-14, 13:30   Link #19
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
I think he would appear in less than 6 month actual manga timeline, everything is pointing out towards Akatsuki reaching its goal and Oro getting inside Sasuke. that it are governed by the 6 months rule.
You chose to say "getting inside Sasuke" on purpose didn't you? I didn't even think about 2.5 years being two years six months, I forgot that it takes 3 years for Oro to "reinsert" himself into someone.
Old 2006-09-14, 14:24   Link #20
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
You chose to say "getting inside Sasuke" on purpose didn't you?
No, I Did not….. [Rurik cranks up an evil laugh]

Quote:
I didn't even think about 2.5 years being two years six months, I forgot that it takes 3 years for Oro to "reinsert" himself into someone.
Yeah, And I don't think Oro will waste one second once he can do it, neither Sasuke, and Kabuto, who likes to watch on a Monitor.