Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-03-08, 17:31   Link #3061
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It's supposed to look cute. Need any other reason?
Well, I think this is way understandable but I'll never do it... but a female classmate of mine all always do it... v=_=
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 18:07   Link #3062
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Well, I think this is way understandable but I'll never do it... but a female classmate of mine all always do it... v=_=
I've been doing it as a kid actually, before I was even aware of Anime or even Japanese culture. My classmates had been doing it so it grew on me. I do it occasionally when my picture is being taken.

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 18:19   Link #3063
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually, I still find it cute. Maybe it's because I am a lolicon that is why I find it so
"Cute" for me refers to young children acting innocent, puppies, baby animals, etc... Probably the reason why I don't understand the moe phenomenon very much either.

http://www.economist.com/news/asia/2...-two-birds-one

^Interesting article explaining how the Japanese cedar became so prominent in Japan and that its pollen is a common allergen. I thought the history behind it intriguing as the trees are somewhat ubiquitous, but many are actually the result of purposeful plantations for lumber after WWII. Many of these plantations have now been abandoned, yet the trees live on.

Last edited by ChainLegacy; 2013-03-08 at 18:39.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 18:20   Link #3064
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Cow View Post
I've been doing it as a kid actually, before I was even aware of Anime or even Japanese culture. My classmates had been doing it so it grew on me. I do it occasionally when my picture is being taken.
Probably I'll do it over some other peoples head...
Old 2013-03-08, 23:06   Link #3065
Ridwan

Quote:
That's because you're not fabulous !
Old 2013-03-09, 05:52   Link #3066
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
That's because you're not fabulous !
So doing it makes you FABULOUS?
Old 2013-03-09, 09:02   Link #3067
Ridwan

Quote:
So doing it makes you FABULOUS?
Old 2013-03-09, 16:39   Link #3068
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Did someone say fabulous?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 18:18   Link #3069
Zakoo

Hello shokun.

after watching sakurasou no pet na kanajo and watching the MC and the usual tsundere working their ass so much to get work or do a game, I have been wondering if japenese society really asked so much works for mere highschoolers or if it was simply an overly dramatic exageration to make the plot somehow decent.

No because really, those guys barely are 16 or 17 years old and it's as if they are fighting with their life on the line in a shonen manga.

Edit : Haa, thank you Sume, I can now sleep the mind at peace.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 18:24   Link #3070
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
overly dramatic exaggeration
This would be your answer. Of course, there will be cases like that, but it's rare.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 18:40   Link #3071
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You could of course wait a few more years to pursuit your ambition if you wish.

At the same time they're not exactly aimming for your run of the mill career choice either.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 19:53   Link #3072
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

OTOH, though not for work, Japanese (or perhaps Asian in general, as I live in SEA) students have an extraordinary burden and expectations in their studies. We often hear a Westerner being shocked at how packed the Asian curriculum is (if I remember right, Japan and India have very high rates of student suicides). Of course, I can't compare for sure since I don't live in western countries so what I went through here just felt normal to me.
Old 2013-03-12, 01:45   Link #3073
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^ When I was in Junior High in Japan (in the late 80s), I'd come home from a full school hours only to head back out to Juku school in the evening, and didn't come home till like 10PM.
I don't even know how I managed that crap, but it seemed like a normal curriculum at the time.

It actually gets worse as you come close to graduation time in Highschool.
Now that I've been living in the US for two decades, I keep thinking how Americans kids don't know how easy they have it.
Old 2013-03-12, 01:48   Link #3074
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Did your generation had school on Saturday?
Old 2013-03-12, 01:52   Link #3075
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Did your generation had school on Saturday?
Yes we did. Half-days though.

We spent a lot of time in schools compared to the post-Yutori-education generation. LOTS.
Old 2013-03-12, 01:53   Link #3076
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
OTOH, though not for work, Japanese (or perhaps Asian in general, as I live in SEA) students have an extraordinary burden and expectations in their studies. We often hear a Westerner being shocked at how packed the Asian curriculum is (if I remember right, Japan and India have very high rates of student suicides). Of course, I can't compare for sure since I don't live in western countries so what I went through here just felt normal to me.
How do we all even get by I wonder....When you look at European schools it all seems so retarded...
Old 2013-03-12, 02:03   Link #3077
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
How do we all even get by I wonder....When you look at European schools it all seems so retarded...
No idea- I think my brain black out a few of those months....
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 02:04   Link #3078
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
^ When I was in Junior High in Japan (in the late 80s), I'd come home from a full school hours only to head back out to Juku school in the evening, and didn't come home till like 10PM.
I don't even know how I managed that crap, but it seemed like a normal curriculum at the time.

It actually gets worse as you come close to graduation time in Highschool.
Now that I've been living in the US for two decades, I keep thinking how Americans kids don't know how easy they have it.
It is still content. When I was in secondary I constantly had lessons until 3pm; half of the time after 1pm is struggling to stay awake because whatever they are teaching didn't make any sense.

I gave up tutoring people younger than me because they think calculus is all about memorising formula and the school removed limits from the syllabus (which means they didn't know how the small change in value for differentiation came about).

Yeah, we had US exchange students and Japanese exchange students before. The US students were usually asleep after lunch and the Japanese students whose girls are rather cute and lolicious have a hard time because they couldn't catch up with the pace of our English speaking teachers.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 02:09   Link #3079
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It is still content. When I was in secondary I constantly had lessons until 3pm; half of the time after 1pm is struggling to stay awake because whatever they are teaching didn't make any sense.
I mean like we had regular school till 3~3:30PM. Then after going home, around 5~6PM we head to juku school (a school after school) and don't come home until 10PM.
Effectively going to school twice a day on the days we had Juku school.

I went to Juku school 3 times a week, I think that was pretty normal.
Old 2013-03-12, 02:15   Link #3080
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I think we're shifting towards western model lately.

Tags
culture, discussion, japan, japanese culture