AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-21, 16:14   Link #261
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Was it just me, or did it look like Tsuchi might have had a slight crush on Sakura back when they were kids?

Today's ending was really nice, but I still say episode 3's was the best one.
Old 2010-02-21, 17:27   Link #262
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Was it just me, or did it look like Tsuchi might have had a slight crush on Sakura back when they were kids?
Yeah i'd say so, seeing as though he pretty much said it.
Old 2010-02-22, 00:15   Link #263
AlaAlba

the ending is so lol

I like Hii-chan even more in this episode, she is really cute in her fish outfit ^^

and next episode; Anzu's rival XD
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 00:53   Link #264
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Hii-chan was just adorable with her hair in twintails

Yamamoto-sensei and flowery backgrounds sure do work their magic.

More Satsuki bro-con action, it's a good follow up that we got more from her in the next ep rather than later on.
Satsuki in the yukata = Tenma

next ep looks like it should be great fun, Anzu's Rival!
Old 2010-02-22, 02:07   Link #265
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.7

time for summer break so anzu's mom say go place where & tsuchi grew up for summer vacation
anzu invite yamamoto to the place too
on the train talk honeymoon & lol tsuchi water out of his mouth, sneeze, etc
walking a field of sunflowers & tsuchi carry the luggage
tsuchi's sister excite her brother coming home & anzu-hii koume stare at toad
tsuchi's mom ask about betrohal money, engagement, & marriage with calling tsuchi "naozumi-san"?!
nighttime sparkle fireworks so morning go the lake lol hii-fish & yamamoto & anzu' mom & yep tsuchi stare at yamamoto again?!
tsuchi & anzu's mom talk about history in the past & tsuchi got punch & splash
after talking of the past tsuchi take a jump

tsuchi's sister was talking to tsuchi till hii got a mantis
tsuchi's sister make lots of food all for a surprise
so dinner time the food taste good & tsuchi askin who made the food & all his guessing are wrong till pwn'd by his sister
tsuchi got pwn'd again cause anzu-hii-koume mention things tsuchi did
later in the night tsuchi's sister look at her paper then anzu knock to go for the restroom & talk about tsuchi
next day it's festival time & lol at anzu's wish saying while got stare at yamamoto & upset sister run away
another past memory between tsuchi & his sister
then after remember that past tsuchi found his sister & talk about the food the night before
fireworks tsuchi try to get yamamoto but anzu & his sister jump him

ed vid seem decent with old movie showing, anzu on piano, etc very old school style

next ep we get a fishmonger (what is that?) & anzu's rival & lol on the hanamaru claw game
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 02:44   Link #266
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post

Today's ending was really nice, but I still say episode 3's was the best one.
It's worth noting that everything Sakura says seems to be true about him.

She blatantly says things that he denies (i.e. that he had a crush on her back then), but throughout the show everything that she's said has been true in some form or another.

In a sense she's the opposite of Yamamoto in terms of having awareness of Tsuchi's (and more generally a male's) feelings, probably because she was so precocious with respect to those things (being in such a rush to grow up, get married, and have kids), whereas Yamamoto seems to totally ignore those things.

I have to say, I really like how the show has developed thus far; obviously they're still keeping the Anzu/Tsuchi/Yamamoto thing going, but they've done a good job of not letting it get stale while keeping the rest of the cast involved at a level that few other shows of the genre really manage to achieve.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 07:05   Link #267
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well count me impressed that this show can dish out decent heartwarming and introspection in between moments of inappropriate hilarity.

Anzu playing in the ED is almost an obvious homage to Schroeder of the late and great Charles Schultz's (God bless his soul) incomparable Peanuts. The animation on the other hand looks like something Studio 4C would make. Such it is a very impressive combination.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 09:23   Link #268
CWW
Lurker

My mind isn't particularly corrupted, but oh god 4:49 looked so wrong. D:
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 11:06   Link #269
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Anzu playing in the ED is almost an obvious homage to Schroeder of the late and great Charles Schultz's (God bless his soul) incomparable Peanuts. The animation on the other hand looks like something Studio 4C would make. Such it is a very impressive combination.
Oh definitely. The music also fits the image perfectly, being very reminiscent of Vince Guaraldii's score to the old Peanuts cartoons. Brilliant ED.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 14:20   Link #270
HandofFate

Pretty good episode, I enjoyed seeing them visiting their hometown.

Spoiler for episode7 impressions:
Old 2010-02-22, 19:20   Link #271
Tatakae

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Oh definitely. The music also fits the image perfectly, being very reminiscent of Vince Guaraldii's score to the old Peanuts cartoons. Brilliant ED.
20 bonus points and a smile of acknowledgement from my humble self () for anyone who recognizes the other huge homage in this weeks ending...
Tatakae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 22:31   Link #272
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Tsuchida is still hopeless when it comes to any girl even with his sister but Hii is still so cute when she dress up as a fish this time
Old 2010-02-22, 22:50   Link #273
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Hii is, by far, my favorite among the trio. Anzu I can take or leave, to be honest.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 00:30   Link #274
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Hii is, by far, my favorite among the trio. Anzu I can take or leave, to be honest.
Same here.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 00:46   Link #275
cherrycolaz

this anime is sooooooooooooo cute i just wanna hug the kids, especially koume ._.; she's just so adorable o 3o;
cherrycolaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 01:50   Link #276
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say I was impressed with Sakura in this one. Seemed she was being irresponsible pushing the Anzu and Tsuchi pairing, yet she got Yamamoto invited on the trip. Which of course made the whole trip fun. You have to admit Yamamoto makes the whole flowery background thing work .

Pretty safe to say Tsuchi did have feelings for Sakura. But I suppose you can attest things not happening to their personalities. Sakura's the type to jump into things and Tsuchi clearly is more cautious. Clearly once Sakura decides on something there is no stopping her. Which considering she seems to be supporting the Yamamoto efforts might actually guarantee Tsuchi's victory .

Poor Satsuki. She really lost the whole bathing suit thing . Plus she has a few tough times during this trip. Of course it worked out nicely at the end. Obviously with more people it's tough for Tsuchi's focus to be everywhere at once. But they are still a nice pair of siblings. Certainly have a more peaceful relationship than I have with mine .
Old 2010-02-23, 18:57   Link #277
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The movie scenes in the ED are an homage to French filmmaker Jean-Luc Godard's À Bout du Souffle (1960), known as "Breathless" in English. This is one of the signature movies of the "nouvelle vague" or "new wave" in French cinema. Juxtaposing it against Anzu-chan's Schroeder imitation is just another way this series pushes the boundaries between childlike innocence and adult knowledge. I actually think the ED music itself is closer to the jazz soundtracks of French films from this period than Vince Guraldi's work on "Peanuts."

(If you watched the linked trailer you'll see the originals from a number of scenes in the ED animation. What gave it away for me was the reference to the "Herald Tribune." Jean Seberg's character hawks the paper on the streets to earn a little cash. That scene is in the trailer as well.)

I was surprised at how readily Anzu accepted the notion of Yamamoto-sensei's joining them on the vacation. It seemed remarkably open-minded of her to encourage her "rival" to participate.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 00:07   Link #278
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

the newest episode was hilarious. The whole bride talk and tsuchi's reactions made me laugh so hard. Hiragi is adorable as always. XD

Yamamoto-sensei.... Ah~ Yamamoto-sensei... This episode was godly once again because of you. <3

lol. Satsuki sure has a severe case of brother complex.

Moar~ I want moar Satsuki~ щ(゚Д゚щ)
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 00:52   Link #279
FateAnomaly

Has anyone keep track of how many costumes Hii has gone through?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 02:31   Link #280
Fuze

^ http://www.flickr.com/photos/hiiicha...7623175561485/
It has pics of Hiiragi manga cosplay too. But most of them are from the anime.
Fuze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen