Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-13, 08:55   Link #581
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatakae View Post
It didn't look bad or awful to me. It's simply the work of another key animator with a distinct way of animating things. I never quite understood why some fans always want a "clean", non "jerky" animation style in their daily anime fix, seriously.
ho so thats what he means by jerky, i like that jerky style of animation to be honest i think those kind of jerky movements are made through computer animation tools/techniques, naruto and naruto shippuuden likes to use that jerky animation style on big battle scenes like sasuke vs naruto, killerbee vs sasuke, pain vs naruto, hidan and kakuzu vs kakashi and shikamaru's gang

i like to see more anime made through that "jerky" animation style, but i dont know if that style is cheap and easy to made
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 10:05   Link #582
Tatakae

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
The animation was never Fractale's strong point. Animators use various techniques to compensate for low frame rate, as it's inherent to most anime productions. Yamamoto Yutaka had made characters look slightly deformed and didn't pay much attention to the quality of line art in order to make the transition between one frame to another as painless as possible on a tight budget. He clearly wants to do more and is stretching that budget as thin as possible. I don't remember Kannagi all that well--I do remember A-1 Pictures fixing parts of animation for the home video release--but Ordet's BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER had pretty much the same problems, at least as far as line art is concerned. What saved that series were highly stylized characters and backgrounds. Fractale is weak with character designs, but the backgrounds and color palette are pretty good. It's too bad too, because Fractale is showing much promise in all other production departments, yet animation quality has always been king.
Well, you have to know that the animation director for episode 4 was Isao Hayashi, the same guy who was responsible for the animation in some episodes of Birdy the Mighty. Whereas episodes 1~3 were mostly Studio Ordet's work, this episode has animators which were affiliated with Birdy, so I'd say it's less a lack of quality control but more about a different approach of how to animate in general.

Last edited by Tatakae; 2011-02-13 at 10:24.
Tatakae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 10:18   Link #583
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatakae View Post
It didn't look bad or awful to me. It's simply the work of another key animator with a distinct way of animating things. I never quite understood why some fans always want a "clean", non "jerky" animation style in their daily anime fix, seriously.
Ah, I was wondering if another animator had worked on that part since it was so distinctive to me. And that's why it annoyed me, it was a completely different style from the previous shots (which bugs me, I like consistency in any medium). Besides that, I'm allowed to like one style of animation over another right? And I just happen to like the ones that are more fluid and have a higher frame rate (I even like live action movies that have a slightly higher frame rate), if y'all can a more stylized form of animation I think I'm allowed to like a different kind of it.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 10:47   Link #584
Tatakae

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Ah, I was wondering if another animator had worked on that part since it was so distinctive to me. And that's why it annoyed me, it was a completely different style from the previous shots (which bugs me, I like consistency in any medium). Besides that, I'm allowed to like one style of animation over another right?
Oh, but you are, and you're also in good companion, because most people nowadays want consistency and fluency in animation at all cost, I guess because they don't want to be constantly reminded of looking at a piece of animation instead of being immersed in it's story. I say, more power to you man, but don't call the animation in certain shots bad solely on the fact that they look and feel quite distinctive from the rest . For an example of truly bad animation, look at this short clip of Shakugan no Shana (scroll all the way down)
Tatakae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 13:22   Link #585
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 5:
Old 2011-02-17, 13:51   Link #586
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Spoiler for episode 5:

And the ED is now in Japanese, think I like how it sounded in Engrish better though.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 18:21   Link #587
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep5:
I'm not going to say it's better than Yeats, but I liked hearing the Japanese adaptation of the ED. And the perfect pronunciation is a relief, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 22:55   Link #588
Jehuty

I dunno, Kaoru. I liked the perfect pronunciation, but I felt the song was given respect in English.

Hearing it in Japanese did not leave a pleasant taste in my mouth. It's like it was... tainted? Some songs just weren't meant to be sung in other languages. To me, at least.
Old 2011-02-17, 22:58   Link #589
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
the ED is now in Japanese, think I like how it sounded in Engrish better though.
It's not the Yeats poem any more, either, or at least not according to the translation I've seen.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 23:23   Link #590
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

just like that Nessa and Phryne are friends now

interesting stuff on this episode is that Nessa holds old data records
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 01:28   Link #591
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

LOL, Clain wears fundoshi! He really is old-fashioned.

Spoiler for Fundoshi, Doppels & You - An Afterschool Special:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 03:43   Link #592
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Frankly, I think the series is a mess so far, but we'll see. It hasn't really gone anywhere, which would be fine if it was a longer series, but it's not.

Phryne is almost a poster child for multiple-personality disorder. The pervert meme stopped being funny several episodes ago, and the plot is still mostly non-existent despite being halfway through the series.

I had high hopes for this series, but this far in, I have a hard time seeing it magically turning itself around to delivering something I'll be talking about several years down the road.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 06:14   Link #593
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

An old college professor of mine used to say that you cannot truly learn and understand a culture and society just by reading a book or interviewing the people. To learn about them, you must live with them, eat with them, bathe with them, cook with them, clean with them, laugh with them, sing with them, cry with them, among so many others. The sudden shift to a peaceful slice-of-life episode might come as rather disjointed considering the violence in the last two episodes, but I think it managed to accurately portray what Lost Millenia is outside of the civilian massacres. The moment of respite would allow Clain time to process what he had just seen and, more importantly, put into perspective just how different the group is compared to others and on first glance. As I had said, you learn about others by being with them, and despite their violent methods the episode allowed us a look into their more mundane and daily lives where, I think, allows us more understanding of the people who make up not just their organization but their family. It shows us who they are and who they are not.

Blog post later.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 08:24   Link #594
antigone

considering this is Yamakan at the helm, i was not surprised at all that this latest episode was a stinker. here to save anime, he said.
antigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 08:35   Link #595
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It was a bit jarring to suddenly go from comedy/slice of life when they were holding funerals the previous day but it was a decent episode nontheless. The drama was good. I'm guessing something bad happened to Phryne's sister and the result was Nessa or something like that.

I'm not sure what to make of the loincloth thing, though...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 08:47   Link #596
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm not sure what to make of the loincloth thing, though...
Mission successful then i'd say.
Old 2011-02-18, 11:02   Link #597
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
LOL, Clain wears fundoshi! He really is old-fashioned.

Spoiler for Fundoshi, Doppels & You - An Afterschool Special:
I firmly believe it's the former, because clearly, those guys aren't evil. I'm not saying they're angels either. They are just normal humans fighting for a cause. A good cause, in my opinion. This is what Clain came to realize in this episode. He didn't drop his guard nor was he lulled by what they had to offer, he simply started to look beyond the terrorist "facade".

As for killing innocents, the temple is just as guilty. You can clearly see some of the old hags' beams hitting people from the crowd at the end of episode 3. In fact, I'm pretty sure they're the ones that killed the most innocents, maybe even all of them. They were shooting indiscriminately rather than aiming, unlike Lost Millenium.
Old 2011-02-18, 11:58   Link #598
klare

nothing much happened, except we know the temple is actually watching them every moment

i still do not understand Phryne, her words and actions not making much sense, did she trying to help by getting out of the ship?
Old 2011-02-18, 13:49   Link #599
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Hmmm.... I'm beginning to wonder if Nessa is the boot disk that Fractal requires for restarting.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 14:39   Link #600
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 5:

Tags
a-1 pictures, noitamina, yamamoto yutaka