AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-08, 23:06   Link #981
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

Asakura stuff...
Asakura Character songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THfeuyXM9Bg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYcDkiuEHVc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUKuhvJBxQE

They are bit weird but It's all good.
Tunafishisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 23:07   Link #982
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I absolutely loathe Imageshack for the inability for downloadthemall extension of firefox to batch download easily... repetitive hand motion while rightclick and save image after opening them onto separate browser tabs frustrate me.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 23:19   Link #983
Tangowr

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
I absolutely loathe Imageshack for the inability for downloadthemall extension of firefox to batch download easily... repetitive hand motion while rightclick and save image after opening them onto separate browser tabs frustrate me.
....I like imageshack for the easy ability to upload batch image and easy to link to.

Nagato and Kyon Drama...recommended good japanese listening skill.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2572566
Old 2008-03-08, 23:36   Link #984
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

My opinion on several points of discussion at this point.
  • Combat Maid -> Combat Butler. Although... if we apply this in reverse, then Neo-Itsuki's Head Butler (now Maid) will be rather interesting to write about, given his age. Will he become like a saner version of Roberta from Black Lagoon?
  • John Smith -> Jane Smith, I dunno about most of you, but this seems very logical to me since John and Jane are the designated generic names in the English language.
  • Keep Asakura's weapon as a knife.

I don't have much opinions about the Chippendales, since I don't really know much about them, but I wouldn't mind them since they seem to be the male equivalent of the bunny-suit.

About the computer club, I just thought of a more elegant solution to the issue of blackmailing. Instead of threatening to sully their reputations, Neo-Haruhi can use the photos to threaten them by using them to get the school teachers to close the club down due to illicit behaviour. Given that they are already using school funding to fuel their Yaoi activities (and other otaku stuff), they should be already at a borderline.

Cheers.
Old 2008-03-08, 23:44   Link #985
Hayatso
Not Found

OMG??? search from my lost post and I find this, and 50 pag???? lol

duyaaaaa!!!, I join the project... I draw a other fan art kion-ko Bunny XDD RIGHT NOW!!!!

Meanwhile, an animated GIF

Hayatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 23:45   Link #986
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
My opinion on several points of discussion at this point.
  • Combat Maid -> Combat Butler. Although... if we apply this in reverse, then Neo-Itsuki's Head Butler (now Maid) will be rather interesting to write about, given his age. Will he become like a saner version of Roberta from Black Lagoon?
  • John Smith -> Jane Smith, I dunno about most of you, but this seems very logical to me since John and Jane are the designated generic names in the English language.
  • Keep Asakura's weapon as a knife.

I don't have much opinions about the Chippendales, since I don't really know much about them, but I wouldn't mind them since they seem to be the male equivalent of the bunny-suit.

About the computer club, I just thought of a more elegant solution to the issue of blackmailing. Instead of threatening to sully their reputations, Neo-Haruhi can use the photos to threaten them by using them to get the school teachers to close the club down due to illicit behaviour. Given that they are already using school funding to fuel their Yaoi activities (and other otaku stuff), they should be already at a borderline.

Cheers.
Combat maid -> Combat butler: Agree.

John Smith -> Jane Smith: Agree.

Asakura's weapon remains a knife: Disagree. With the amount of art that is being generated around the situation of Ryo wielding a katana, I am more inclined to depict his weapon of choice as a sword. One of my personal reasons is to bring out the flirting with Kyon-ko scenario, where I envision Ryo philosophizing on the things he has learned as a humanoid interface, while Kyon-ko helplessly stands immobilized, making snarky comments in her head as she usually does. The other reason is to have an even crazier epic fight when Yuuki joins the fray.

As it stands right now, I'm still not behind the idea of the Chippendale's outfits, but we'll see how those chapters turn out in the rough drafts.

And the scenario with the Fujoshi Computer Society is still up in the air for me.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 23:57   Link #987
Jintor

/me twiddles his thumbs waiting for Kaisos to write something to edit.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 00:03   Link #988
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
/me twiddles his thumbs waiting for Kaisos to write something to edit.
Eheheheheh.

Sorry.

I need to finish other stuff.

Like Eva.

I'm working on it tomorrow, don't worry.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 00:05   Link #989
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Stream of consciousness thoughts:

For "The Adventures of Asahina Mitsuru," is he a combat butler from the future, or something else?
I think that Yuuki should be an alien warlock and still wear the hat/cape combo.
It would be hilarious if Mitsuru played the combat butler all cool and everything, but unfortunately, fails miserably at it.
So Shimasen would be a true calico cat?
What would be the "Mitsuru Beam" attack be? Same as canon, or something like a DBZ ki attack?
How can Kyonko be the "keymaster" if she's female?
We can also get a laugh at Itsuko's carrying of Mitsuru into his room.

The part where Haruki "extorts" Kyonko's help: He should drag her the first time, but the second time carry her and point out that she was too slow the previous time.

I agree that ENOZ should be a metal band... like Rendevouz, but good. I suggest a '70's metal band influence...

More to come as I think of them...

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 00:10   Link #990
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Stream of consciousness thoughts:

For "The Adventures of Asahina Mitsuru," is he a combat butler from the future, or something else?
I think that Yuuki should be an alien warlock and still wear the hat/cape combo.
It would be hilarious if Mitsuru played the combat butler all cool and everything, but unfortunately, fails miserably at it.
So Shimasen would be a true calico cat?
What would be the "Mitsuru Beam" attack be? Same as canon, or something like a DBZ ki attack?
How can Kyonko be the "keymaster" if she's female?
We can also get a laugh at Itsuko's carrying of Mitsuru into his room.

The part where Haruki "extorts" Kyonko's help: He should drag her the first time, but the second time carry her and point out that she was too slow the previous time.

I agree that ENOZ should be a metal band... like Rendevouz, but good. I suggest a '70's metal band influence...

More to come as I think of them...

To answer a few:

Yes he'd be a combat butler from the future, and Itsuki is the ojou-chan with esper powers he's been designated to protect.

Yes Yuuki's still gonna wear a ridiculously cheesy outfit.

Yes Mitsuru will attempt to be cool and somewhat GAR, but will fail.

Shamisen's gonna be a girl cat, but still not a true calico. Her seiyuu must be someone of god-status. By the way, will her name still be Shamisen?

BIG YES to Mitsuru executing a KAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEH AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Old 2008-03-09, 00:17   Link #991
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Shamisen's gonna be a girl cat, but still not a true calico. Her seiyuu must be someone of god-status.
Megumi Hayashibara?

Old 2008-03-09, 00:20   Link #992
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Megumi Hayashibara?

Perhaps.

Old 2008-03-09, 00:23   Link #993
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Perhaps.
And appropros. Considering that the seiyuu who played Genma Saotome played Shamisen, why not have the gender-reversed cat played by the seiyuu who played the gender-reversed Ranma?

Old 2008-03-09, 00:30   Link #994
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
And appropros. Considering that the seiyuu who played Genma Saotome played Shamisen, why not have the gender-reversed cat played by the seiyuu who played the gender-reversed Ranma?

Wow. That seems a little too perfect.

Old 2008-03-09, 00:36   Link #995
dreamoflife
SIDE

Send a message via AIM to dreamoflife
What's all this not-a-true-calico business? I always thought Shami was a true calico, just one of the rare male genetic aberrations.

And I think Shamisen is just a name for a pet, like naming a cat Fluffy, so a genderswap shouldn't require a name-swap. (Albeit a weird pet name, the only time I've heard the word before is the name of an instrument, that would be like me naming a cat 'violin'...)
dreamoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 00:38   Link #996
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamoflife View Post
What's all this not-a-true-calico business? I always thought Shami was a true calico, just one of the rare male genetic aberrations.
Eh, well that's what I remember. We'll get to that when we revisit the original script in volume two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamoflife View Post
And I think Shamisen is just a name for a pet, like naming a cat Fluffy, so a genderswap shouldn't require a name-swap. (Albeit a weird pet name, the only time I've heard the word before is the name of an instrument, that would be like me naming a cat 'guitar'...)
Sounds fair enough then.

Old 2008-03-09, 00:38   Link #997
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Shamisen's the name of an instrument. It is not gender specific.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 00:40   Link #998
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

A shamisen is a traditional Japanese instrument made of catskin.

So it's actually like naming a cat "tennis racket".
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 00:42   Link #999
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Gah. We'll get there when we get there.

Old 2008-03-09, 00:42   Link #1000
dreamoflife
SIDE

Send a message via AIM to dreamoflife
I just checked, Kyon even comments on how weird it is to find a male calico cat. But yeah, we're getting ahead of ourselves here. xD

And yeah, that's why I gave the violin example, since violin strings were originally made out of cat gut... xD
dreamoflife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan