AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-29, 16:14   Link #301
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I know if you throw a grenade and it doesn't kill them they won't counter-attack but you better get to cover or end your turn to avoid interception fire. =D

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 21:06   Link #302
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Maybe that's what I'm thinking of.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 00:36   Link #303
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Producer Shinji Motoyama gives particular insights into Valkyria Chronicles 2.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tg...ronicles/57094
Looks like the anime helped VC2 on what to do with the cinematics.
Old 2009-10-04, 01:04   Link #304
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Looks like the anime helped VC2 on what to do with the cinematics.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...................... .............
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 05:25   Link #305
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Jann:Ohh hush you.

With the limitations on what the PSP can do, the makers made a reasonable & understandable choice of using anime cut-scenes.
Even though i can never forgive on how the anime adapted the games storyline, at least the animation was good.

Jann:I didn't think it was that bad.

That's because you got a lot lines to say in the anime.

Jann:Are you jealous? Somebody needs a hug.

I don't need one. BTW is that Largo carrying a box of Vegetables?(Secretly runs away only to be kidnap by Marina & Catherine)

Jann(Oblivious on what's happening):Largo!? Where?! OH LARGO!! JANN IS HERE TO HELP YA!!
Old 2009-10-04, 06:18   Link #306
kalbron

Agreed. Game engine rendering for cutscenes like on the PS3 would take up processing power that the PSP just doesn't have. Having it run a movie file is what it is capable of.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 09:43   Link #307
JagdPanther

*sigh*

WHY is this on PSP?

The Academy idea looks so terrible. If I wanted a slice-of-life setting I'd go watch one of a million animes. The first game was a very good war story with lots of human emotion and human story elements. This is... I get a bad feeling that this'll be something like a typical school anime with guns.

Old 2009-10-04, 10:03   Link #308
Neovoid

I why do I have the feeling that they might make the VC Anime the "Canon" of the VC storyline?

Spoiler for VC Ending:
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 10:45   Link #309
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovoid View Post
I why do I have the feeling that they might make the VC Anime the "Canon" of the VC storyline?
Erk. The anime changed so much from the game's storyline for the worst, I sure hope not.
Besides, that would mean making quite a lot of side character's death cannon and that'd be hard to swallow. Like Vyse, Wendy and Musaad. (not to mention Knute, Mica, Nils, Rosina, Hermes, Salinas, etc.. Herbert and Cezary can die though)
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 18:57   Link #310
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Some members of the GRA are revealed on the official site. Apparently,

Spoiler:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 19:51   Link #311
JagdPanther

Quote:

Spoiler for VC Ending:
OH GOD NO.

Don't even talk about that!

Old 2009-10-04, 23:26   Link #312
kalbron

Quote:

Spoiler for VC Ending:
I don't see how it negates the VC1 story at all. Honestly, EWII could continue on even after the events of VC1, and could be over by the time of the VC1 ending. It's just that the Imperial invasion of Gallia had come to a grinding halt.

It would've been very possible for there to be a peace accord with the Empire -> two year gap -> civil war -> end of VC2 -> ???/VC 3 (against the Federation perhaps?) -> shown VC1 ending.

As for the whole generators thingy: the anime team are lazy. What, you thought there was a deeper meaning to that lacklustre final fight? Pfft.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 16:22   Link #313
cloner4000

I checked Gamestop and the release date for North America is June 2010...wow....I can barely wait.

I have no problems with the setting and what not...I mean if you didn't go WTF when Isara said she took tank repair and driving class in High school... a military academy isn't that far off.

Maybe it's because I've played persona series that I don't mind school setting.

Plus the TGS trailer has ad-hoc multi-player, I am looking forward to that...and the sword slash..if lancer can do that it would be awesome!!!

The PSP probably go with PSP because it's easier to render anime than the CANVAS engine in good quality. And since the game was made by the original team, not the anime team..hopefully we can avoid some of the things they did in the anime.

The development team made it clear as explain by someone quite a while ago, that they are sure they are making it as a direct sequel instead of AU setting..So don't have to worry about that.

Although some people are not happy when SEGA said they'll consider future VC games set in console if this one sells well. Well as a VC fanboy..I myself are very happy at the news..
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 18:46   Link #314
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!

I can't wait for his game, but I love my PSP. That and my DS are pretty much all I play anymore.
Misuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 22:14   Link #315
NettoSaito
Black Knight

Send a message via MSN to NettoSaito
I'm glad this game is coming out for the PSP. I don't have a PS3 (but I may buy one when more games for it come out), and well this is the perfect chance for me to play the game. (Watching it on youtube just isn't the same....)

Really more people have the PSP than the ps3, which making a psp release is good for marketing. You'll gain more money if you sell it for something more people have. Also even though psp games are 30-40 $ and ps3 games are 60. More people having a psp would make up for the 10 or so $ loss.

It really is a good move to move it to the psp. Also on top of that I read that they might make a console version. (If they did that then they would make a lot of fans happy, bring more fans in, and they could make twice the money. Pretty smart move really.)
NettoSaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 05:18   Link #316
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's some sad news for some of you VC1 fans that i read from wikipedia:
Quote:
However, with the intense fight against the Empire having left Gallia's regular army in an exhausted state, there is initially little to stop the insurrection from gaining momentum. Laws preventing the formation of a national militia to fight fellow Gallians force the government to deploy military academy cadets to the front lines in order to combat and defeat the GRA forces.
In order words, don't expect playing anyone from VC1 since the Militia can't get involve in the civil war.
Old 2009-10-08, 06:15   Link #317
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

You forget that there is such a thing as "renegades".
Old 2009-10-08, 06:43   Link #318
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by NettoSaito View Post
I'm glad this game is coming out for the PSP. I don't have a PS3 (but I may buy one when more games for it come out), and well this is the perfect chance for me to play the game. (Watching it on youtube just isn't the same....)

Really more people have the PSP than the ps3, which making a psp release is good for marketing. You'll gain more money if you sell it for something more people have. Also even though psp games are 30-40 $ and ps3 games are 60. More people having a psp would make up for the 10 or so $ loss.

It really is a good move to move it to the psp. Also on top of that I read that they might make a console version. (If they did that then they would make a lot of fans happy, bring more fans in, and they could make twice the money. Pretty smart move really.)
I see the reasoning; those are good points.

One of the game's strongest, best points was "the look," the graphics. Moving to PSP totally kills that point.

Why would you move DOWN the scale of video game systems for the next major installment of a series?

If they bring it back onto PS3 eventually I'll be happy.

Old 2009-10-08, 06:52   Link #319
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I don't know. Those 3D graphics are a little Uncanny Valley-ish. With the new PSP system, sales of PSPs might go up.
Old 2009-10-08, 13:56   Link #320
cloner4000

Well, the graphics looks good compare to other PSP games, and if they do the cutscene in anime...it's be pretty crisp and clear. The gameplay while definitely not PS3, can hold its own.

I remember in gamefaqs..there is this guy who's like they can totally make this game on PSP since it's not "realistic 3d"..ohhh how I would love for him to see this...
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote