AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 12 13.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 5.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 14.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 9.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 13.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 9.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 9.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 8.05%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-28, 01:17   Link #181
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
Illegal fishing means that you dont have permission from the authority to fish there,
for example if you are from country X but you fish in the Y country's water
I thought that they said that the area should have been blockaded...

Ichika says that it may be a illegal fishing boat. His HUD displays unknown, not illegal, their IFF might be tied into their radio.

Pretty sure that in modern "democratic" countries a jury judges if a person is guilty or not.
Old 2011-03-28, 01:47   Link #182
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I thought that they said that the area should have been blockaded...

Ichika says that it may be a illegal fishing boat. His HUD displays unknown, not illegal, their IFF might be tied into their radio.

Pretty sure that in modern "democratic" countries a jury judges if a person is guilty or not.
Democracy doesn't apply to a military (or quasi-military) unit.
Old 2011-03-28, 04:21   Link #183
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Wait, but then why is it so popular (also sales wise)? Type B overwhelm?
Wait, you actually believe in that stuff about Type A/B viewers? Hahaha oh wow.

And the reason about why it is popular...well. Because it is the best harem currently airing. Simple, isn't it? In a genre with so much competition the one who stands out wins.
Old 2011-03-28, 05:35   Link #184
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
Democracy doesn't apply to a military (or quasi-military) unit.
I thought IS were all about not being military, and even the French navy investigate before condeming it.

BTW notice the quotes around democratic....
Old 2011-03-28, 05:36   Link #185
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Idiotic holier-than-thou protagonist putting the safety of a illegal fishing ship before the safety of his harem and the safety of the entire world...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2011-03-28, 06:07   Link #186
Elladan
Ichika no Ecchi!

Send a message via AIM to Elladan Send a message via MSN to Elladan
meh.. on some way i'm undecided on how to judge the situation..
on one hand, even if they were criminals for illegal fishing, they were uninvolved in their fight, so in some way 'protecting' them was the right thing. On the other hand, the enemy didn't even notice the ship so what Ichika did put them into even more damage.

*bump head on table*
Old 2011-03-28, 06:11   Link #187
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

He had the shot. He could have ended it right there and everybody would have been safe. The thing could have pointed the gun at the fishing boat for all it was worth, tacking the shot would have been the best and most logical option at the time.
Old 2011-03-28, 06:50   Link #188
Belgaesh

This episode was just so bad, hope the next episode is better.

My main ource of displeasure is due to Ichika trying, and failing, to mimick a Jedi and reflect all those shot aimed "at" the boat. And forget that it was him that attracted it's attention in the first place after missing on purpose his one-hit kill strike, which now I now that it only works in the female leads.
Old 2011-03-28, 08:26   Link #189
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladan View Post
meh.. on some way i'm undecided on how to judge the situation..
on one hand, even if they were criminals for illegal fishing, they were uninvolved in their fight, so in some way 'protecting' them was the right thing. On the other hand, the enemy didn't even notice the ship so what Ichika did put them into even more damage.

*bump head on table*
Very well. The writers are out of mind, forcing the situation for put Houki down.

I liked all Houki moments very emotive. Nice shots for her too.

Hoiki without ponitail is too.
Old 2011-03-28, 08:55   Link #190
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
My main ource of displeasure is due to Ichika trying, and failing, to mimick a Jedi and reflect all those shot aimed "at" the boat. And forget that it was him that attracted it's attention in the first place after missing on purpose his one-hit kill strike, which now I now that it only works in the female leads.

Meh, Siths are cooler anyway. :P
Hope there will be no more scene like this and Houki won't go green. Newtype girls don't last long, although they will be long remembered

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-03-28 at 09:48.
Old 2011-03-28, 10:07   Link #191
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
Wait, you actually believe in that stuff about Type A/B viewers? Hahaha oh wow.

And the reason about why it is popular...well. Because it is the best harem currently airing. Simple, isn't it? In a genre with so much competition the one who stands out wins.
I guess I underestimated the power of harem. I was too naive.
Old 2011-03-28, 10:47   Link #192
kramerica

Harem is a male fantasy that has probably been in existence since the dawn of man :P

For me, IS is good since it executes the harem antics nicely. I just like seeing the Jelly Factory in maximum production.

Nanael is not amused.
Old 2011-03-28, 16:15   Link #193
Enternal

Wow all this Ichika hate is annoying.

First thing is that Silver Gospel can do wide area attacks (you see how it used that attack so many times during the 1st episode?) so when it did after it broke free from Houki, Ichika had to get between there to block of the attacks that were coming that way so he had no choice at that moment but to stay at that location after he stupidly got distracted by the boat. The thing with him and Houki is that Houki have always been violent to vent her frustrations. Not only that, her "They're criminals so let them die" was just not a good way to think about it which is why Ichika yelled at her. If it wasn't true then Houki would have not acted that way but it was and it was also shown in one of the episode with Laura where Houki was thining about that as well. Furthermore the LN does a better job at explaining what happened with Ichika:

Spoiler:

About Houki, she also had issues which is what this episode was all about. If she had no issues, there would be no point in Chifuyu telling Ichika to watch out for Houki and even all the other girls were worrying about it. Ichika pretty much was trying to bring her back to her true self and he was correct and Houki knows that herself which is why she acted that way. Cmon, it's Houki we're talking about. She's not the type to let a statement that's not true get to her like that.

All in all, the scene was horribly done by the animators while the writings itself were fine. Freaking they're doing a great job of hurting Ichika's reputation when in fact it's not like that in the source material. That's why adaptation can be so annoying sometimes. In other words, the animators screwed up.

Also Ichika's not weak. He just happens to fight against really tough enemies. It's not like those guys are just going to let him hit them.

EDIT: Oooh, I just found a post which does a better job at explaining it. Be warned that the thread contains spoilers.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...23#post3546623

and to sum it up by Javiersansano "In other words, the anime made look like ichika wasted a "perfect", 100% sure kill oportunity, to save a boat in "NO INMEDIATE" Danger, while the LN describes it as a a mere chance, and there is more danger to the boat." and of course there's no NewType sequences. Still not a good decision but a logical one.

Last edited by Enternal; 2011-03-28 at 16:27.
Old 2011-03-28, 17:32   Link #194
Kaerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post
Harem is a male fantasy that has probably been in existence since the dawn of man :P

For me, IS is good since it executes the harem antics nicely. I just like seeing the Jelly Factory in maximum production.
And the dawn of some animals such as lions.

That aside nice episode.

"Only a few find the way; some don't recognize it when they do; some don't ever want to."
Old 2011-03-28, 17:42   Link #195
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Wow all this Ichika hate is annoying.

First thing is that Silver Gospel can do wide area attacks (you see how it used that attack so many times during the 1st episode?) so when it did after it broke free from Houki, Ichika had to get between there to block of the attacks that were coming that way so he had no choice at that moment but to stay at that location after he stupidly got distracted by the boat.
Except he broke off the attack before Houki let go. In one stupid move, he:
- let Gospel escape.
- made the boat a target.

Quote:
The thing with him and Houki is that Houki have always been violent to vent her frustrations. Not only that, her "They're criminals so let them die" was just not a good way to think about it which is why Ichika yelled at her.
True, but neither is "I'll lose the fight to protect them". It's like those cops who drop their weapons the instant an hostage taker asks for them. It just makes the situation worse.

Quote:
If it wasn't true then Houki would have not acted that way but it was and it was also shown in one of the episode with Laura where Houki was thining about that as well. Furthermore the LN does a better job at explaining what happened with Ichika:

Spoiler:
I wouldn't know. I haven't read the novel, so I'm judging on what happened in the anime. Which really doesn't look good for Ichika.

Quote:
About Houki, she also had issues which is what this episode was all about. If she had no issues, there would be no point in Chifuyu telling Ichika to watch out for Houki and even all the other girls were worrying about it. Ichika pretty much was trying to bring her back to her true self and he was correct and Houki knows that herself which is why she acted that way. Cmon, it's Houki we're talking about. She's not the type to let a statement that's not true get to her like that.
Maybe she has issues (aside from loving Ichika...). But the bottomline is that in spite or her issues, she did the right thing, and Ichika didn't. So why does he get the moral high horse?

Quote:
All in all, the scene was horribly done by the animators while the writings itself were fine. Freaking they're doing a great job of hurting Ichika's reputation when in fact it's not like that in the source material. That's why adaptation can be so annoying sometimes. In other words, the animators screwed up.

Also Ichika's not weak. He just happens to fight against really tough enemies. It's not like those guys are just going to let him hit them.
Ichika's dumb. He plays to his suit's weakness by treating it like a tank instead of a (very short ranged) glass canon.
Old 2011-03-28, 18:25   Link #196
Enternal

What I get from this episode is Ichika did not do the right thing but was in the right state of mind. Houki wasn't in the right state of mind but was doing the right thing. The mission failed. Both paid for it but Houki got something from it and that is she is now "cleared". Furthermore Houki did not "maybe" have issues. She did have issues. That's the whole point of this episode which is to develop her character. If she did not have an issue (which was subtlety pointed out in previous episodes) then this episode was just pointless.

How is it that Ichika is treating his IS like a tank? Furthermore he is not acting like he's on a moral high horse. He cares for Houki and thus tries to stop Houki from thinking the way she did. Caring for someone and acting like someone with a superior morals is different.

You have not read the light novel that is why I'm providing more information for people who haven't to complement the anime. I think that would help you more to understand what really happened. Knowing more information always help unless you think otherwise which I then have nothing else to say.

At the same time I do feel really upset about this episode. I know what the point of this episode was to be but the script did not do a good job at expressing that and in fact twisted everything.

My whole point was that Ichika's not dumb, weak, unmanly, retarded, dumb as rock. What it is that he made a decision that was logical but was not the better one paid for it. Furthermore, Houki was not free from fault either as she enters a real fight cheerful and a bit cocky (when Ichika tells her to be careful she just brushes it off). The result is that they both paid for a failed mission.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-28, 18:31   Link #197
justpassingby

@ Enternal
In certain anime franchise, there is this thing called Law of Canonicity, where what is animated takes precedence from any other forms of media (LNs, games, etc). Of course I don't think IS is following that rule.
What I'm trying to say is we're in anime episode thread, and not everyone will or have read the novels. We're discussing what were presented, and those didn't give Ichika many positve points.

If you prefer the LNs, you can always treat this episode doesn't exist, and vice versa

Spoiler for a teeny bit of novel, mods please don't delete :D:
Old 2011-03-28, 18:37   Link #198
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
@ Enternal
In certain anime franchise, there is this thing called Law of Canonicity, where what is animated takes precedence from any other forms of media (LNs, games, etc). Of course I don't think IS is following that rule.
What I'm trying to say is we're in anime episode thread, and not everyone will or have read the novels. We're discussing what were presented, and those didn't give Ichika many positve points.

If you prefer the LNs, you can always treat this episode doesn't exist, and vice versa

Spoiler for a teeny bit of novel, mods please don't delete :D:
Actually I prefer both because the anime gives me all the visual and sounds goodness so I cannot really treat that it doesn't exist because there are parts I still enjoyed. Anyways I know that the anime did not give Ichika many positive points so I was hoping that presenting some more details from the LN will alleviated the hatred.
Old 2011-03-28, 18:41   Link #199
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
What I get from this episode is Ichika did not do the right thing but was in the right state of mind.
I'd argue that seeing how easily distracted he got from a mission critical for the safety of potentially thousands of civilians, his state of mind wasn't anything to brag about.

Quote:
Houki wasn't in the right state of mind but was doing the right thing. The mission failed. Both paid for it but Houki got something from it and that is she is now "cleared". Furthermore Houki did not "maybe" have issues. She did have issues. That's the whole point of this episode which is to develop her character. If she did not have an issue (which was subtlety pointed out in previous episodes) then this episode was just pointless.
She obviously has issues because she hits people with a wooden stick whenever she gets pissed, which is often. The episode introduced, out of nowhere, issues about her having a suit and letting it go to her head. Of which we have seen nothing. She was, if anything, calmer now that she could stand on an equal footing with her rivals.

Quote:
How is it that Ichika is treating his IS like a tank?
Standing around to get pelted by attacks.

Quote:
Furthermore he is not acting like he's on a moral high horse. He cares for Houki and thus tries to stop Houki from thinking the way she did. Caring for someone and acting like someone with a superior morals is different.
He made the wrong call and acts like Houki's a horrible person for relying on him not to. He thinks it's so important to tell her so he does it in the middle of the fight instead of over the victory beers juice.

Quote:
You have not read the light novel that is why I'm providing more information for people who haven't to complement the anime. I think that would help you more to understand what really happened. Knowing more information always help unless you think otherwise which I then have nothing else to say.
No, no, it's nice to know it may have made some sort of sense in the novel. I think it could still have been a bad call, but at least it doesn't look so cut and dried.

But anime and novel continuity are different, so I'm judging anime Ichika by anime events.
Old 2011-03-28, 19:00   Link #200
grey_moon

Woah I don't think he did try to treat his IS like a tank, the way I see it was he did strike the shots away, but Gospel is that much more powerful, so even it was his sword striking the shots it drain his energy like it did. Any hoos, we will see next week actually how powerful Gospel is coz anything that can a team containing Laura and Charlotte must be arse kicking..... Unless ofc the girls pony Gospel and show sleeping beauty and stupid instructors the way it should be done!