AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-20, 23:05   Link #81
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'd go with Arpeggio's Takao all day, everyday.

Though I'm still on the fence with both Haruna. Still, Kancolle's Kongou > Arpeggio's Kongou.
Old 2013-10-20, 23:17   Link #82
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

Though I'm still on the fence with both Haruna. Still, Kancolle's Kongou > Arpeggio's Kongou.
Kancolle's Kongou > lots of things

Having said that, my favorites are still Akagi and Kaga, even if it means incurring in the princess' wrath.

Also, here's one crossover I think none of us expected

Spoiler for She still has it:
Old 2013-10-21, 06:59   Link #83
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Shimakaze does look like Konata ^
Old 2013-10-21, 07:33   Link #84
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Why was Akagi portrayed as a gluttony for bauxite in those 4-koma, anyone? Is it ingame joke or based on real world events?
Old 2013-10-21, 09:20   Link #85
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

While you have to spend bauxite for aircrafts loaded in carriers, regular aircraft carriers are much more expensive than their sea and light counterparts.
It is so different that if you don't pay attention to that, your bauxite stock will plummet within few sorties early on. Since Akagi is usually the very first aircraft carrier you get in Kancolle, this trend is sort of attributed to her when you figured out the bauxite consumption rate.

To add that issue, Akagi has the unfortunate tendency to eat crits every time (which is also the reason why she is often seen with a bucket, which is an item used for instant ship repair), so in general, she is quite expensive in term of resources.

Hence why it turned out as a community joke.
Old 2013-10-22, 02:42   Link #86
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
While you have to spend bauxite for aircrafts loaded in carriers, regular aircraft carriers are much more expensive than their sea and light counterparts.
It is so different that if you don't pay attention to that, your bauxite stock will plummet within few sorties early on. Since Akagi is usually the very first aircraft carrier you get in Kancolle, this trend is sort of attributed to her when you figured out the bauxite consumption rate.

To add that issue, Akagi has the unfortunate tendency to eat crits every time (which is also the reason why she is often seen with a bucket, which is an item used for instant ship repair), so in general, she is quite expensive in term of resources.

Hence why it turned out as a community joke.
But everyone loves her anyways.
Old 2013-10-22, 08:47   Link #87
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It doesn't help that prior to the standard carrier, people have little to none usage for bauxite, so their bauxite always in abundant amount, then after getting the usual first CV, Akagi, most people were just panic seeing their bauxite disappeared after awhile

Spoiler for The secret behind Akagi's gluttony:
Old 2013-10-22, 10:10   Link #88
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Still waiting on a peep on which media the project will be based on. 4koma aside, there are THREE other manga in the wings, and an apparently "serious" light novel, so that opens... well a lot of avenues for the show.

I'm perfectly fine with following Fubuki and her friends in ship school as in the 4koma, but I might be the minority in that.
Old 2013-10-22, 10:47   Link #89
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Still waiting on a peep on which media the project will be based on. 4koma aside, there are THREE other manga in the wings, and an apparently "serious" light novel, so that opens... well a lot of avenues for the show.

I'm perfectly fine with following Fubuki and her friends in ship school as in the 4koma, but I might be the minority in that.
I'd welcome that route as well since it has Kaga and Akagi being super close and it being common knowledge among the rest of the crew, but since we already have Yoshika for sailor wearing MC, using Fubuki would be a little upsetting for quite a few people. And that's not even considering the wrath of the Shimakaze and Kongou lovers.

Now I'm wondering just how "serious" Tatsuta and Tenryuu's manga will be.
Old 2013-10-22, 15:58   Link #90
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

I don't wanna pick fight or anything (actually I do),but Arpeggio's Kongou (manga version) > whole Kancolle fleet.
Old 2013-10-22, 18:47   Link #91
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I don't wanna pick fight or anything (actually I do),but Arpeggio's Kongou (manga version) > whole Kancolle fleet.
This has nothing to do with power levels. Frankly, Arpeggio's Kongou is not moe. Kancolle's Kongou however, has a lot of moe points. Engrish and genkiness are just two of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Now I'm wondering just how "serious" Tatsuta and Tenryuu's manga will be.
Given how Tatsuta seems to be turning into Kancolle's version of Kazami Yuuka (DANGER!! DANGER!!) I expect lots of blood and insane laughter.
Old 2013-10-22, 19:04   Link #92
Tenzen12

I didn't mean power level (That A!Kongou stomp it's too clear to be mentioned), but overal awesomness. Breasts and Moe can't top Real Steel queen and her magnificent legs!!

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-10-22 at 20:31.
Old 2013-10-22, 19:50   Link #93
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
This has nothing to do with power levels. Frankly, Arpeggio's Kongou is not moe. Kancolle's Kongou however, has a lot of moe points. Engrish and genkiness are just two of them.
There's also the awesome design.

Quote:
Given how Tatsuta seems to be turning into Kancolle's version of Kazami Yuuka (DANGER!! DANGER!!) I expect lots of blood and insane laughter.
I'm thinking of something more along the lines of Soraoto's Mikako: A sultry onee-san who loves to troll anything that moves. And yes, I know Tatsuta is the imouto, I'm just saying she seems like that TYPE of character.
Old 2013-10-22, 22:41   Link #94
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Images
Have anyone of you been naughty today?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-10-22 at 22:59.
Old 2013-10-22, 23:08   Link #95
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Images
Have anyone of you been naughty today?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This just reminded me of a fun fact

Spoiler for Related to the games, but could affect the anime:

Isn't that just cruel?
Old 2013-10-22, 23:10   Link #96
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
This just reminded me of a fun fact

Spoiler for Related to the games, but could affect the anime:

Isn't that just cruel?
Spoiler for spoiler reply:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-10-22, 23:19   Link #97
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Spoiler for spoiler reply:
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2013-10-22, 23:32   Link #98
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Kantai Collection is likely the only other series in recent memory (the other one being Arpeggio) where I can say "Symmetrical Docking" with a straight face, and people will agree fits with the series.
Old 2013-10-23, 01:02   Link #99
Seitsuki
Onee!

From what I remember you could be a female admiral too right? There's no need to pollute the series with men right!?
Old 2013-10-23, 01:28   Link #100
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Love your kanmusu...
http://imgur.com/a/BbjVY
Closed Thread

Tags
ship girls