Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-14, 15:52   Link #141
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post
Are you sure I thought ceaser knew it was momo who ate the df and if ceaser knows then dof knows.

This of course is all just guesses but if:

- momo is not to be sogun
- not about the df

then what else is special about momo. He is kinemons son so unless kinemon is shogun now then I doubt momo can be used to blackmail anyone.
Well if you can show me the scene in which he either witnessed it himself or an underling I'll be convinced but I can't remember any such scene (neither from the manga or anime).

Well that's the mystery right, we might learn more from that other samurai guy who Dofla has locked up.
Any way there's probably a lot more to the samurais then meets the eye. For one they are a shut out country not interfering with world, yet Momo and co have apparently left the island for some sort of mission. Then there's their unexplained fear of Kaidou and Dofla's interest in Momo. I doubt we'll learn all the details this arc but it seems to be part of the set up for the next arc.

Last edited by mrShady; 2013-12-14 at 17:17.
Old 2013-12-14, 16:07   Link #142
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Considering Doflamingo's interest in Momonosuke, it is very suspicious that Luffy found him on the verge of death from hunger/thirst in a garbage dump.
Old 2013-12-14, 16:56   Link #143
janipani

Momosuke has a dream, Momosuke for Nakama!

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2013-12-14, 17:29   Link #144
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Well if you can show me the scene in which he either witnessed it himself or an underling I'll be convinced but I can't remember any such scene (neither from the manga or anime).

Well that's the mystery right, we might learn more from that other samurai guy who Dofla has locked up.
Any way there's probably a lot more to the samurais then meets the eye. For one they are a shut out country not interfering with world, yet Momo and co have apparently left the island for some sort of mission. Then there's their unexplained fear of Kaidou and Dofla's interest in Momo. I doubt we'll learn all the details this arc but it seems to be part of the set up for the next arc.
I am not going over manga pages to find one sorry i just don't care that much about momo to go over it all to find a page that may or may not exist. just to prove a passing thought may or may not have a chance to be true.

Could be anything just off current info the df he ate seems to be the only thing that makes him special and the way the one df was kept when he produces them by the truck load seems odd aswell.

so as i said based on current info it can be my only conclusion to momo being important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Momosuke has a dream, Momosuke for Nakama!
hell no I say momo would make a crappy crappy crappy nakama and tho i would not stop watching I would hate it.

So far I want rebecca
Old 2013-12-15, 08:13   Link #145
mrShady

Quote:
I am not going over manga pages to find one sorry i just don't care that much about momo to go over it all to find a page that may or may not exist. just to prove a passing thought may or may not have a chance to be true.

Could be anything just off current info the df he ate seems to be the only thing that makes him special and the way the one df was kept when he produces them by the truck load seems odd aswell.

so as i said based on current info it can be my only conclusion to momo being important.

hell no I say momo would make a crappy crappy crappy nakama and tho i would not stop watching I would hate it.

So far I want rebecca
While I can't force you to do anything you can't expect me to have a proper discussion with you if you can't even be bothered to look up the facts supporting your: "Passing thought".

Any way I'm not trying to push your buttons or slam your opinions for no reason but it would be a lot more beneficial to discuss things while presenting facts and not just your "feelings" about the matter.

But to get a bit more on-topic. It was stated that the DF Momo ate was created by Dr Vegapunk, the reason nobody used it was because (according to some henchmen) it was a failure. Also with Momo unwillingly changing into a dragon it sort of proves that his fruit is out of whack.
Now as to why Dofla wants to have Momo is anyone's guess. However you would at least think he would inform his crew if he was looking for a kid that can change into pink dragon, but whatshername art-woman didn't even notice him in that form which makes that theory highly unlikely.

Last edited by mrShady; 2013-12-15 at 10:26.
Old 2013-12-15, 11:50   Link #146
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
While I can't force you to do anything you can't expect me to have a proper discussion with you if you can't even be bothered to look up the facts supporting your: "Passing thought".

Any way I'm not trying to push your buttons or slam your opinions for no reason but it would be a lot more beneficial to discuss things while presenting facts and not just your "feelings" about the matter.

But to get a bit more on-topic. It was stated that the DF Momo ate was created by Dr Vegapunk, the reason nobody used it was because (according to some henchmen) it was a failure. Also with Momo unwillingly changing into a dragon it sort of proves that his fruit is out of whack.
Now as to why Dofla wants to have Momo is anyone's guess. However you would at least think he would inform his crew if he was looking for a kid that can change into pink dragon, but whatshername art-woman didn't even notice him in that form which makes that theory highly unlikely.
Ya Im just throwing thoughts out there as why dof wants momo info is slim pickings. Even If I proved dof knew about the df and it was vega punks etc its still proves nothing in the long run. For that reason I figure whats the point right In Looking through to prove something that does not matter anyway.

If what I had to say had proof I considered worth it I would be happy to go get it but that is not the case in This subject.
Old 2013-12-15, 14:20   Link #147
mrShady

Quote:
Ya Im just throwing thoughts out there as why dof wants momo info is slim pickings. Even If I proved dof knew about the df and it was vega punks etc its still proves nothing in the long run. For that reason I figure whats the point right In Looking through to prove something that does not matter anyway.

If what I had to say had proof I considered worth it I would be happy to go get it but that is not the case in This subject.
I wasn't so much "attacking" you as I was trying to disprove that specific theory. However I took issue with your reply because you didn't seem to care about whether it could even be supported by facts. Making a discussion impossible (which is not why we are here for right?).
So regardless of what kind of theories you come up with you can probably agree that people need to explain how they came to that conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
That was pretty ad hominem.
Besides, most of the facts in these chapter threads are speculation and semi-educated guesses. The debate over theories and "Passing thoughts" are what make this fun.
I agree that it was bit harsh, but what's the point in debating about something if the other party doesn't even try to support his theories with facts. If you don't you would just be rambling and not adding anything to the discussion, right?

So I would like to apologize if I was too harsh but I thought it necessary to express my opinion about the matter, obviously if everyone else disagrees I'll take it all back.
Old 2013-12-15, 15:34   Link #148
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
I wasn't so much "attacking" you as I was trying to disprove that specific theory. However I took issue with your reply because you didn't seem to care about whether it could even be supported by facts. Making a discussion impossible (which is not why we are here for right?).
So regardless of what kind of theories you come up with you can probably agree that people need to explain how they came to that conclusion.

I agree that it was bit harsh, but what's the point in debating about something if the other party doesn't even try to support his theories with facts. If you don't you would just be rambling and not adding anything to the discussion, right?

So I would like to apologize if I was too harsh but I thought it necessary to express my opinion about the matter, obviously if everyone else disagrees I'll take it all back.
I never said you were attacking me? I dont think I could feel attacked on the internet because its nothing but words and opinions. I will feel attacked when you come to my house with a baseball bat an knock on my door haha. My theory is based on my memory and sometimes there is obviously hole in it because I like most have plenty going on and cant make one manga my life. Sometimes I make solid theories and back it up with facts and proof and will defend it until I feel proven wrong. Other times im just throwing out ideas.

Sometimes you see these long 20 page theories with references all the way back chapter 1 page on linking in some dot in the corner between the blades of grass. I for one far from have the time or dedication to pay that much attention to a manga. I read the forums and throw in my 2 cents when I can afford it.

Lately tho I have been giving thought to just giving up. Forums seem to be mostly stress then fun filled conversation. Even when you back up your words with evidence there is plenty still willing to see a five dollar bill and tell you its a ten.

Had a debate with one of the mods earlier and gave so much proof to back up everything and all I got was no, no, no, no. posts deleted and warning about some made up insult like saying someone is acting fanboyish and not accepting the truth is a criminal offence. When really what do you call it when someone sees a five dollar bill and still calls it a ten even after you zoom in on the number 5.

To be quite honest I read manga because I love it and I discuss it on forums because No one I know is into it or ever has been. But when discussion turn into something that causes stress over enjoyment it get to be to much.
Old 2013-12-15, 17:15   Link #149
MobBossLuffy

Quote:
To be quite honest I read manga because I love it and I discuss it on forums because No one I know is into it or ever has been.
This made me finally register an account as well. I tried convincing people to watch it but it's tough haha.

I've been reading this forum like half a year now, and it makes every new manga chapter much more fun.
Thanks you all.

Oh, and good timing obv to make an account with the conformation about Sabo being alive. Didnt choose a name with Sabo though, cause i just love Maffia Luffy.

U prob all know the scene, but it's still worth another watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn5W0UBJygU

Anyway, im glad i finally made an acocunt, maybe ill post some ass well instead of just reading.

Oh btw, i LOVE One Piece.

Why am I smoking a cigar?

Zoro, what ? haha

Lastly, i really liked the theory about Sabo bein a bit more tactician/smart guy. Wold be a nice change.
And as someone else said, (i thought of it after wathcing todays' anime where kuzan appeared) im thinkin maybe Kuzan will arrive at Dressrosa as well, he is nearby after all
Old 2013-12-15, 17:39   Link #150
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobBossLuffy View Post
This made me finally register an account as well. I tried convincing people to watch it but it's tough haha.

I've been reading this forum like half a year now, and it makes every new manga chapter much more fun.
Thanks you all.

Oh, and good timing obv to make an account with the conformation about Sabo being alive. Didnt choose a name with Sabo though, cause i just love Maffia Luffy.

U prob all know the scene, but it's still worth another watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn5W0UBJygU

Anyway, im glad i finally made an acocunt, maybe ill post some ass well instead of just reading.

Oh btw, i LOVE One Piece.

Why am I smoking a cigar?

Zoro, what ? haha

Lastly, i really liked the theory about Sabo bein a bit more tactician/smart guy. Wold be a nice change.
And as someone else said, (i thought of it after wathcing todays' anime where kuzan appeared) im thinkin maybe Kuzan will arrive at Dressrosa as well, he is nearby after all
Ya anime is great but being able to join in and talk and think of whats next with other people who enjoy it makes it that much more fun.

I am still mad at sabo until the explanation of what he has been up to comes out. But ya he seems more like a man of thought then all action like luffy. I consider sabo to probably be like ace A mix of action and brains. Plus i bet he is pretty informed on the world thanks to his time with dragon.

As for aokiji showing up. I am open to it but I Doubt it. I do not know why but I think with all that is going to appear down the line. He seems like he is just wandering right now.
Old 2013-12-15, 18:50   Link #151
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I don't think there are enough samples yet, to be able to speak of a pattern.^^

Hey now, I already mentioned the less extreme face that Robin made before, didn't I? And heck, you can also count Usopp and Franky in that same panel:

Images
trio the face
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And there's also one more example that I believe nobody else brought up yet:

Images
horohorohoWHOA

But like I said before, I'd love to see Zoro make that "shocked" face next (Nami would be awesome too, but I'm not gonna hold my breath for her making it anytime soon).
Old 2013-12-15, 18:59   Link #152
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Hey now, I already mentioned the less extreme face that Robin made before, didn't I? And heck, you can also count Usopp and Franky in that same panel:

Images
trio the face

And there's also one more example that I believe nobody else brought up yet:

Images
horohorohoWHOA

But like I said before, I'd love to see Zoro make that "shocked" face next (Nami would be awesome too, but I'm not gonna hold my breath for her making it anytime soon).
I hope not. zoro is the definition of badassery and to see him with a face like that just would not suite him.

plus other then seeing his childhood friend back to life I cannot think of anything that would effect zoro to that extreme.
Old 2013-12-16, 00:31   Link #153
marvelB

Quote:
I hope not. zoro is the definition of badassery and to see him with a face like that just would not suite him.

This is EXACTLY why I want to see him make that type of face. To see Mr. Stoic McBadAss make that sort of crazy, goofy face would be quite a spectacle, indeed.

And hey, it's not like he hasn't made his share of goofy faces, before. Besides, if super-serious Nico Robin can make a face like the one in the pic I posted above, what's to stop Zoro from making one, eh?
Old 2013-12-16, 08:10   Link #154
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
It doesn't really count without the snot, so you can cross Usopp, Robin and Fanky from that sample list.^^ That being said, I really think that face looks too ridiculous, I don't want to see it on anyone, to be honest.
Old 2013-12-16, 10:12   Link #155
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
This is EXACTLY why I want to see him make that type of face. To see Mr. Stoic McBadAss make that sort of crazy, goofy face would be quite a spectacle, indeed.

And hey, it's not like he hasn't made his share of goofy faces, before. Besides, if super-serious Nico Robin can make a face like the one in the pic I posted above, what's to stop Zoro from making one, eh?
Ya your right it would be funny as hell that face is awsome when used at the right times lol.

Quote:
It doesn't really count without the snot, so you can cross Usopp, Robin and Fanky from that sample list.^^ That being said, I really think that face looks too ridiculous, I don't want to see it on anyone, to be honest.
What are you talking about @bold. That is that best face in manga history. it truly conveys core shaking shock and amazement all while being funny.
Old 2013-12-16, 15:53   Link #156
ZGoten
Custom User Title

I just don't find it funny, plus there are better ways to convey those emotions. And the snot makes it somewhat disgusting as well. Not a pleasent sight all in all.
Old 2013-12-16, 16:19   Link #157
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
I just don't find it funny, plus there are better ways to convey those emotions. And the snot makes it somewhat disgusting as well. Not a pleasent sight all in all.
well to each their own. Most people find it funny as hell so......
Old 2013-12-16, 17:46   Link #158
marvelB

Quote:
It doesn't really count without the snot, so you can cross Usopp, Robin and Fanky from that sample list.^^

But you at least DO acknowledge Perona, yes?

Quote:
That being said, I really think that face looks too ridiculous, I don't want to see it on anyone, to be honest.
"Too ridiculous"? In One Piece?

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Quote:

Out of curiosity...... were you revolted by all the other countless times when Oda drew characters who had snot flowing from their noses when they were crying or showing some other extreme emotion? In fact, I'm pretty sure I even recall that happening to Zoro AND Robin a few times already (in serious scenes, mind you). Honestly, I don't really think that raw emotion is something that requires a "clean and proper" representation......
Old 2013-12-16, 21:25   Link #159
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Most of us are conditioned not to express raw emotion, or at least in controlled circumstances e.g. at work.

So to be forced into displaying raw emotion (shock, horror) when we are not expecting to do so, is basically a loss of control.

Snot is important. You don't normally let it flow, but seeing your brother whom you thought had been blown up? Yes it will flow!
Old 2013-12-17, 04:28   Link #160
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Quote:
Out of curiosity...... were you revolted by all the other countless times when Oda drew characters who had snot flowing from their noses when they were crying or showing some other extreme emotion? In fact, I'm pretty sure I even recall that happening to Zoro AND Robin a few times already (in serious scenes, mind you). Honestly, I don't really think that raw emotion is something that requires a "clean and proper" representation......
'Revolted' is too harsh of a word, but I'm no fan of the overly cartoony expression of emotion with the popping eyes and so on. Yes, I know that it's a manga we're talking about, and I know that Oda's drawing in general is far from realistic, but there's a limit to what I can enjoy. I just can't laugh at panels like those. At best they make me turn the page extra quickly without cringing. Don't take this the wrong way, though, I'm not angry about it or anything, and I don't even feel particularly strong about this. I'm just explaining my position since some people seem to be in disbelief of what I'm saying, lol. Oh, yes, the Perona one is fine. But you should address GreyZone with that, not me. He's the one whose theory and reasoning are ruined by it.^^

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion