AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-07-04, 12:59   Link #57121
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Ugh great. Now that you made me think more on the IS side. I'm suddenly imagining Tabane getting her hands on the Tachyon technology that runs the rider systems. FTL Golems anyone?
One would think that for space travel she'd be working on such. Those golems probably need faster processors first though.
Old 2015-07-04, 22:18   Link #57122
demino_hellsin
That one guy

When you really think about it. Isn't FTL less suited for space travel than using wormhole bridges? I mean both are closely interlinked but shouldn't they have different mechanics? Maybe IS can go into warpdrive or something? :/
Old 2015-07-05, 01:13   Link #57123
SRW-Otaku
The Corniest Mecha Fanboy

Wormholes and Warp Drive....Granzon vs Enterprise...
Tabane effing shit up with a Granzon IS...
or...
...Tabane explo-
eeehhh, wormhole.
Tabane: YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE GRAVITATIONAL PULL!
SRW-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 01:33   Link #57124
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Fail points for wrong version of Treknology.

Wormholes and warp are essentially two phenomenon of the same principle, folding space upon itself to make a short cut, or go faster.
Old 2015-07-06, 01:40   Link #57125
SRW-Otaku

But you can't have a Galaxy-class that fires a goddamn COMPOSITE BLACK HOLE MADE OUT OF THREE BLACK HOLES!
HI JAPANESE BILLY MAYS HERE!
Old 2015-07-06, 02:28   Link #57126
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The Yamato from the mirror universe not only survived into the 24th century, she was converted into a dreadnought cruiser. The spinal phaser lance has been used to fire many things, including for all intents and purposes, a subspace warp blast, ie treknobabble for wave motion gun.

Alas this was only in the expanded universe.

That being said, I've been so bogged down by earthly matters that I haven't really explored space travel. Sure, in the ending credits we will have cosmonaut Anya leading the first manned mission to Jupiter, but I'd say warp drive isn't for this generation. Baby steps for now and it distracts from my narrative a lot.

Maybe, in future, I'd revisit the Idol Stratos as Humanity begins their Trek through the Stars, cheered on by the Idols that light their way. But that... Will be a different story.
Old 2015-07-06, 03:30   Link #57127
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So yeah then. Maybe IS can open wormholes and Tabane just didn't think to let people know she had broken yet another law of physics. But all in all I still don't think she's decoded FTL capability for the IS.
Old 2015-07-06, 04:07   Link #57128
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The thing about physics is that breaking one law breaks all of them. Like, because the AIC effectively renders the IS almost mass less, a fully powered one will have 0 effective mass, can circumvent the energy requirements of superliminal speed, and therefore grant the power of warp drive.

This is one of 2 reasons why Laura despite being a crap pilot is considered number 1 of the Terminates Espada. She can almost Clock Up in the Meisterverse.
Old 2015-07-06, 04:34   Link #57129
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Edit: this only works while she encases herself in the aic field. If she locks something in the aic, then the inertia is set so high the target cannot move. This also applies to her own bodyparts in contact with with the field.

Iroically, this would make the target invincible (max inertia = difficult to damage with force) so the part she's attacking has no field around it.
Old 2015-07-06, 04:54   Link #57130
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But that wpuld be some kind of false assumption. Lack of inertia does not make you massless but makes you more prone to external forces. IE distant magnetic/gravoty fields, minor collisions with other bodies. One of the reasons why the AIC rendered me stymied upon introduction.

Inanimate weapons running on a force already exerted would certainly stop if they lost all ability to hold said energy with inertia while having gravity act on them. However to have that agfect other IS is sort of stupid because the pilot themselves cam still move the IS even if the systems fail because it could stop electron flow or something like that.

To move something without inertia should still be different frpm moving something without mass. It still requires research on my part but I don't believe the rules for 0 mass will be the same for 0 inertia. I believe PIC is only a part of the overall physics smashing system that Tabane crammed into the IS alongside the anti-gravity unit.
Old 2015-07-06, 06:54   Link #57131
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hmm let me run my thought experiments again and I'll get back to you.
Old 2015-07-06, 06:56   Link #57132
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Say, have anyone though about how different a pilot from a Soviet-influenced family treat her base/runway to a Westerner? Soviet and Russian pilots are known to leave their base in weed and rubble.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 07:37   Link #57133
SRW-Otaku

Guys, does making the Orimuras all Psychodrivers and giving Chifuyu a Cybuster with Nendo Field while also giving Madoka the Shurouga count as a sin?
Old 2015-07-06, 08:06   Link #57134
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hmmmmmm I can't say, I never heard of that about Russians firstly.

And then Anya has a Russian mother and a Japanese father so her upbringing is also different.

And yes I know I have a billion halflings in meisterverse. >.>
Old 2015-07-06, 08:08   Link #57135
SRW-Otaku

Wait, did we just have a conversation about Russian without somebody saying any variaton of "Getting drunk as fuck"? Holy shit get the be-
SHIT I RUINED IT!
Old 2015-07-06, 08:25   Link #57136
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Okay meister. The numbers say that it's true. Eliminating inertia is similar to eliminating mass. However the sole weakness of that method of FTL I can think of is that you have pretty much no offensive or defensive options on you. Sure your armor will hold but your strikes will lack force as the inertial mass principle is F=ma. Whenever you take a hit, you might not get hurt but you will be sent flying more often than not.
Old 2015-07-06, 08:34   Link #57137
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That's... Balanced. If you want speed and absolute defense, you have no attack, AND you are draining your battery while in that mode.

You have to juggle switch between offense and speed. pilot skill comes into play.
Old 2015-07-06, 08:45   Link #57138
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't think you'd be draining battery per se... unless you're setting PIC to an absolute 0 instead of something infinitely approaching such. I refuse to admit it can reach an absolute 0 because world rules still have a way of fuckng up your dreams of an ideal material state which can only be achieved after pyrrhic losses as compared to something close by a few percent but a lot less resource consuming. Anyway, I'd say you just have super speed period. The idea of F=ma, as you can see is that for is equal to acceleration by inertial mass. However if you render the mass approaching 0, like say 0.01kg while the original inertial weight is about 1000kg. Well let's just say the acceleration would be very different if you maintain force(energy consumed to generate acceleration) as a constant.

Another problem will probably be control. Because the difference in force exerted in regular motion vs in near 0 inertia will be different if this also applies to the motions of the pilot themselves and not just the propulsion systems of the IS. Her reflexes which know how much force to exert when performing one action at a certain pace will be bombarded with very different feedback. She'll likely need not only get used to the sensation but it would be like learning to walk all over again because of the extreme difference between normal function of limbs and limbs performing under extremely low inertia.
Old 2015-07-06, 09:09   Link #57139
SRW-Otaku

Okay too much science confuses the planet Earth. Let's just say Laura have her IS powered by a piece of Ratsel's hair combined with a Getter Ray engine and leave it at that.
Because clearly railguns that spent cartridges are so scientific.
PS, I do know that there exist a variant of railgun that utilizes chemical reaction instead of gigantic batteries, I'm just making a joke here.
Old 2015-07-06, 09:26   Link #57140
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Why not combine both? I'm not sure but some chemicals only require a slight charge before they start generating a massive volt power. Ofcourse that's relatively speaking as that would be like generating 3-5 volts from practically nothing since you're just agitating naturally rwactive chemicals into action. But say you handwave something into generating enough amperes to run a railgun from a disposable battery. Maybe even more aince you have the luxury of burning out the energy source as compared to having to restrain the power output before it fries the generators. You get plus points if the slugs were connected to the battery like standard ammunition. Then again the IS core is a well of unlimited and unrestricted output of power so the design would be stupid

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest