AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-23, 19:40   Link #3561
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Currently trying to translate these..... but getting too much noseblood to continue for now.
Itsuko should sell those to Haruki. He'd pay a mint.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 19:40   Link #3562
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That's not the reason for my nosebleed.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 19:41   Link #3563
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
She should, but first she uses them as blackmail against Kyon-chan. Actually, that IS the blackmail method of choice.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 19:41   Link #3564
S_Reed

Alright, so I've just gone through Kaisos's version of Chapter 2, and I'm actually
quite impressed. It's much better than the previous one. However, I have a few changes I'd like to make to select parts...

Spoiler:
S_Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 19:42   Link #3565
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Damn, my ideas and I were shot down faster than
Spoiler for ...:
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 19:42   Link #3566
SquishXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Kyon-chan protests and tries to punch him, but he easily grabs her punch. He then enlists Itsuko to cosplay rape her.
I heartily approve of this idea. This definitely needs to go in the novels somewhere.
SquishXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 19:48   Link #3567
S_Reed

Is the composite for chapter 1 done yet? For putting on the wiki, I mean.
Old 2008-03-23, 19:49   Link #3568
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Reed View Post
Alright, so I've just gone through Kaisos's version of Chapter 2, and I'm actually
quite impressed. It's much better than the previous one. However, I have a few changes I'd like to make to select parts...

Spoiler:
She shouldn't be THAT scared of him. Try to tone that down a bit and I'll add it into mine. The present thing is awesome, though.

And please, no Titanic references. Or is that an MGS2 reference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Reed View Post
Is the composite for chapter 1 done yet? For putting on the wiki, I mean.
I was gonna do that with the whole novel, not just with Chapter One.

Mostly so I can keep playing Clannad and not have to work at all.
Old 2008-03-23, 19:53   Link #3569
Jintor

I really do not see the need for a present.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 19:54   Link #3570
Discreet
The Fascist

Quote:
Spoiler:
This was the original part that alerted me to your presence and made me go WTF back on BT.

Honestly, it's way too much of a change for little to no purpose and it doesn't seem to fit Haruki or Kyonko at all.

So I, in my worthless position of two-day editor scream loudly "NO!" and place a huge "REFUSED" stamp on your forehead.
Discreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 19:58   Link #3571
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Quote:
Currently screenshoting three seperate videos, while getting some 4-komas translated.....

This is going to be hell.
Which video you are giong to sreenshoting anyway.Could you show it?
Old 2008-03-23, 19:58   Link #3572
Jintor

While I agree to a certain amount of freedom with the text, and I can compromise with the present thing (it does lead to a nice line with the Chippendale Outfit later), Kyonko and Haruki seem almost majorly ooc.
Old 2008-03-23, 19:59   Link #3573
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
I really do not see the need for a present.
It's funnier...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discreet View Post
This was the original part that alerted me to your presence and made me go WTF back on BT.

Honestly, it's way too much of a change for little to no purpose and it doesn't seem to fit Haruki or Kyonko at all.

So I, in my worthless position of two-day editor scream loudly "NO!" and place a huge "REFUSED" stamp on your forehead.
Yeah, that part gets a "Q" for "Failure".

It's not a bad idea, though, just needs to be TONED DOWN.
Old 2008-03-23, 20:02   Link #3574
colorado storms
I'm Itsuki for... Kyonko?

Mitsuru Beam ! ! !

Well, I've just finished my preliminary first draft of Asahina Mitsuru's Adventure Episode 00. However, before I post it, there is a load of issues/questions I need the community to answer.

The most important question is: would Haruhi and Haruki make the same movie? Are we going with a shota-wannabe-gar Mitsuru, or a major GAR? The latter will require a major movie rewrite. The former requires very few changes, and is what I currently have. This version is cute and works really well, until the final showdown on the roof. Itsuko is now protecting a cowering Mitsuru, which is just too Ikari Shinji for me.

So I ask the community: What film would Suzumiya Haruki make? Since Mitsuru transfers to Itsuko's school partway through, this brings up a parallel to Full Metal Panic. Would Haruki make a character like Sagara Sousuke?

Other questions (some of these are reposted):
Major notes:
  1. I have yet to see a firm decision from the community about just what Kyonko's feelings are for Mitsuru. Are we going with motherly-sisterly, or younger girl-sempai male, or even something else? It will make a noticeable difference. I have decided to go with motherly-sisterly until I hear otherwise. But we need to remember, whichever attraction it is has to be STRONG. Yuki and Itsuki both make mention of the attraction being THE reason someone like Mikuru was sent back.

2. If we recall the personality of the original Itsuki (you remember him, right?), he never once makes reference to his love life with either girls or guys, and the scene where he comes close to kissing Mikuru is the closest he ever comes to it. So, the same will have to hold for Istuko.

Minor notes:
  1. I have decided to go with the chippendale's outfit for Mitsuru. I am not overly attached to this outfit (even though I think it is the proper gender swap for a bunny girl outfit), so if we decide later to switch the outfit, I won't mind making changes. I saw someone suggest simply calling it a stripper's outfit; however, there is a point where Mikuru refers to herself as a bunnygirl, so Mitsuru should have a name for it.

2. I have also made a small alteration to the rule of "All characters will be genderswapped" in order to still have women shopping during the day for food. Of course, now there might actually be a draw with a shota chippendale advertising food . Again, I have no problem switching this. Perhaps if he is advertising in front of a male-oriented shop (electronics)?

3. Japanese feminization of names: The grocer's name- Morimuri Kiyosumi. And the stationary store owner's name- Suzuki Yuusuke. I'm deferring to those with better judgment of Japanese names.

4. Would passers-by that know him refer to him as Mitsuru-kun or -chan? (is -chan too cute for a teenage guy?) (in a chippendale's outfit?)

5. Neither the ads nor the disclaimer are actually in this chapter. I believe they are in Vol2. For the flow of the story, I think the ads should stay out, but should we put the disclaimer in?

6. I'm going with a female cat named Samisen.

7. Should I call Yuuki an evil alien magician, or an evil alien wizard?

8. I'm having Mitsuru refer to Tsuruya as Tsuruya-kun, since they are male classmates.

And
Spoiler for a little teaser:

P.S. Is it a bad sign when I can't remember their unbent names anymore?
colorado storms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 20:02   Link #3575
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Regarding S_Reed's edits from what I've seen and what I remembered:

I approved of the parts that better the flow of conversations and make the characters sound more like their new gender.

However, I do not think that we should overstep any characterization or plot boundaries that the original novels have established. If we did, we might as well write the whole thing from scratch.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 20:02   Link #3576
S_Reed

Alright, let me try again. First part only...

Spoiler:

I included the mace so that it might come into play with the face-off against Asakura later on.

Quote:

Zetsuboushita~~~~!!!
Old 2008-03-23, 20:05   Link #3577
Jintor

It's not initially funny, but it sets up a nice gag later. Major tonedown would definately be a good thing.

Kyonko is fairly unflappable, anyway.

/EDIT Kyonko has a bottle of mace? For no apparent reason? CAN YOU SAY PLOT DEVICE-

I doubt Kyonko would be paranoid enough to carry around a bottle of mace all the bloody time.
Old 2008-03-23, 20:06   Link #3578
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimtasu View Post
Which video you are giong to sreenshoting anyway.Could you show it?
The one where Kyon had a dream of becoming Kyon-chan, resulting in him actually becoming Kyon-chan after he told Haruhi about his dream, "The sexiness of Kyon-chan,"and the "Yuuki-loving Computer Club President"
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 20:08   Link #3579
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discreet View Post

Don't say worthless, you're more important than my ass already. In only two days. Just for finding spelling mistakes and stuff... Aghaa~!!!

*Runs off*
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 20:09   Link #3580
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Quote:
The one where Kyon had a dream of becoming Kyon-chan, resulting in him actually becoming Kyon-chan after he told Haruhi about his dream, "The sexiness of Kyon-chan,"and the "Yuuki-loving Computer Club President"
Oh,so it is the mini fan story,right? Go for it!
And blew,i updated my video post's today.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan