AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-12, 11:09   Link #681
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I think it depends on the situation when or where you need to leave someone you love in the case of the writters of FSN it all depends on you "Shiro". XD
Old 2007-07-12, 19:41   Link #682
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
You are so wrong, so wrong... Real men do not allow romance to interfere with their duty.

You can have whatever personal opinion you wish, but to imply that the Chinese culture places more importance on romance is blatantly wrong. The highest Chinese ideals also set patriotism, filial duty, and self-sacrifice over personal happiness, e.g. romantic involvements.

This is why all other romance pale in comparison to Shirou x Saber. Because they rise above selfish attachments.
Sorry I should've said Taiwanese instead of Chinese because I read that comment about "that's what real men should do" from a Taiwanese board...and I know a few of my Taiwanese friends will never admit they are Chinese. I don't know what the people in China think about FSN as I can't read simplified Chinese...

btw I am from HK and people say that I'm Chinese (although I'm now an NZ citizen), I still think HF Shirou is the best when he places romance above all else.
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 20:08   Link #683
mlai

Quote:
Originally Posted by p997tt View Post
Sorry I should've said Taiwanese instead of Chinese because I read that comment about "that's what real men should do" from a Taiwanese board...and I know a few of my Taiwanese friends will never admit they are Chinese. I don't know what the people in China think about FSN as I can't read simplified Chinese...

btw I am from HK and people say that I'm Chinese (although I'm now an NZ citizen), I still think HF Shirou is the best when he places romance above all else.
I'm from Taiwan as well. And I also don't identify with mainland China in its current commie gov't rule.

However, what I'm talking about is basic Chinese value system which goes far beyond China's current commie regime. I believe it's Confucian. Personal happiness is less in priority to ideals of the greater good. That defines what "real men" should do. This is not just the Chinese value system; you'll find this in other cultures.

Relevant Game Discussion:

BTW, I read up to the 1st H part in the Fate branch. I had been asking for a while now what the H story parts are really like, because I was unhappy with Shirou's role in those segments. Just by looking at the H pictures, it looked like he was a selfish wanker who didn't care at all about the partner who he supposedly cared so much for.

But now I see he's the same old Shirou who cares very much about the ladies, even in the H part. So I'm happy with Shirou again. I should have had more faith in him.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 13:24   Link #684
sjk12

I just downloaded this game, and I pretty much skipped everything after the prologue because there's so much dialogue (well, it is a visual novel after all... :P) and I watched the anime already so I know what happens...

Anyways, I have a few questions:

1. How do you unlock all the images in the "Another" Gallery? I want to unlock all of them and see if they make sick wallpapers. :P

2. What do I have to do to play the Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel scenario? (I'm assuming by playing this scenario will also unlock the remaining galleries?) Any walkthrough on this?

3. On the ED list, I unlocked "Continuation of the Dream" ending... so I'm guessing the other two is UBW and HF?

4. Tiger stamps... what do those do?

5. I started over again to try other choices and some of them gave me "Status and Weapon Updated" or something along those lines... I don't see much difference in the Status and Weapon menu, do they do unlock something?

6. What is the total number of BGM and SEs? Any idea on how to unlock them all?

Sorry for the newbie questions but I thought this is the best place to ask them. Thank you in advance.
sjk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 15:45   Link #685
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjk12 View Post
I just downloaded this game, and I pretty much skipped everything after the prologue because there's so much dialogue (well, it is a visual novel after all... :P) and I watched the anime already so I know what happens...

Anyways, I have a few questions:

1. How do you unlock all the images in the "Another" Gallery? I want to unlock all of them and see if they make sick wallpapers. :P

2. What do I have to do to play the Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel scenario? (I'm assuming by playing this scenario will also unlock the remaining galleries?) Any walkthrough on this?

3. On the ED list, I unlocked "Continuation of the Dream" ending... so I'm guessing the other two is UBW and HF?

4. Tiger stamps... what do those do?

5. I started over again to try other choices and some of them gave me "Status and Weapon Updated" or something along those lines... I don't see much difference in the Status and Weapon menu, do they do unlock something?

6. What is the total number of BGM and SEs? Any idea on how to unlock them all?

Sorry for the newbie questions but I thought this is the best place to ask them. Thank you in advance.
1) Continue playing the game.

2) UBW: Stop Saber before she strikes Archer. HF: Finish UBW, then get closer to Sakura in the first three days.

3) The other two are actually UBW's endings. There are five endings total.

4) Collecting Tiger Stamps unlocks bonus Tiger Dojo skits.

5) When the game says something like "*something* Updated", that usually means that there was new information (Like an identity of a Servant, or a profile of a Weapon) was added to the menus.

6) I do not know how many different BGMs and SEs there are, but they should all be unlocked as you progress through the game.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 20:55   Link #686
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
There are 40 BGM songs, from what I have counted in the BGM pack I have.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 01:56   Link #687
lordkroq

how do i dl the subs of mirror moon

ok...i got the game of my friend but i dun noe how to dl the subs of mirror moon
lordkroq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 16:06   Link #688
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
However, if you wait for the Chinese patch(which is rumoured to be completed by the end of this year), it will come with voice where they import the voices from the PSP version.
english or bust. i bet that is why he asked in the first place.

Last edited by X_Danny_X; 2007-07-14 at 16:40.
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 16:17   Link #689
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkroq View Post
ok...i got the game of my friend but i dun noe how to dl the subs of mirror moon
you mean downloading the patch? if so just go to http://mirrormoon.org/ and scroll down a bit and there are the links to the fate stay night translation patch for the Saber route only.

UBW is 86% complete and they are finishing the 14th day and endings. still it is going to take time to finish and patch/nitch all the touches, so i expect them complete the game around the beginning of September
Old 2007-07-16, 02:25   Link #690
WhiteWings

Thanks to such hard working people translating some of us can see the games properly in english that we most likely never would have so soon. Animes, mangas, and games.... give thanks to those who make it possible for us all.
Old 2007-07-16, 03:37   Link #691
kureshii
Disabled By Request

The translators at mirrormoon have my eternal gratitude. Never has playing an english translation been so easy. Trying to play Kiminozo in a readable fashion had me searching high and low, and the only feasible solution I found was so troublesome I simply gave up.

Mirrormoon's solution is a single exe file that actually works. Better still, it even patches Fate.exe so I don't have to do the whole makeunique shebang.

I'd paypal them if they had a link... after they finish UBW and HF, of course ^_^
kureshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 07:58   Link #692
kureshii
Disabled By Request

A question about tiger dojo: I've played up to Shirou's second peeping scene, looked at some of the bad/dead endings for the heck of it and at the end they ask you if you want to get hints from Tiger dojo. What happens if you click yes? What happens if you click no?

Also, in the list of EDs, there seem to be 40 endings. Other than the 5 complete endings , what are the other 35? How do you unlock them? None of the bad/dead endings I've seen so far seem to be inside...
Old 2007-07-16, 09:14   Link #693
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

If you click yes...you get hints from Tiaga herself(If I remember correctly) about where you messed up and how you should make your choice)

For the bad endings...just keep trying. I suggest you play through each scenario once, and save at every choice making point and come back later for the choice you didn't make--after all you have 99 save slots...
Old 2007-07-16, 10:10   Link #694
kureshii
Disabled By Request

Done that... I've clicked through the bad/dead routes until the words bad end or dead end appear, then click no at tiger dojo. But still no unlocked endings, all the squares are still blue. What kind of endings are eligible for unlocking, anyway?
Old 2007-07-16, 10:17   Link #695
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kureshii View Post
Done that... I've clicked through the bad/dead routes until the words bad end or dead end appear, then click no at tiger dojo. But still no unlocked endings, all the squares are still blue. What kind of endings are eligible for unlocking, anyway?
Those are Tiger Dojo stamps, which record how many Tiger Dojos you've gone through. Obviously, if you don't go through any, then you don't get the stamps. >>;
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 10:25   Link #696
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Don't expect UBW to be finished for a while, the translator is heading to Japan on a trip before the translation will be completed.
Old 2007-07-17, 01:56   Link #697
zero7090

i just download F/SN from torrent but why i said some error when i try run the game ? after nearly 1 week seeding it like a shock to me >.< please help me

here is picture of error: http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/7485/fateyb0.jpg
thank for reading
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 05:09   Link #698
kureshii
Disabled By Request

Go to regional and language options -> advanced, select japanese from the drop-down menu, restart.
Old 2007-07-19, 17:06   Link #699
mlai

Can anyone give me or point me to the uncensored version of the FSN chapters Chinese scripts? I'm currently reading censored scripts, but I'd like to read the uncensored versions.

I'm not talking about the game patches. I'm talking about text scripts of the game.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 08:40   Link #700
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
Can anyone give me or point me to the uncensored version of the FSN chapters Chinese scripts? I'm currently reading censored scripts, but I'd like to read the uncensored versions.

I'm not talking about the game patches. I'm talking about text scripts of the game.
When it comes to hentai, you can always count on me. pm me your e-mail address.

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-07-22 at 04:35.

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel