finally after 106 episodes, Sasuke's Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu works. :fingers:

I think there will be a filler in between this major arc though
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 09:25   Link #82
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerv
Not something he would say? He almost always talks trash to his opponent before a fight...
Um, Naruto (at least the one in the manga) would never call someone a failure. That sounds more like something Sasuke or the old Neji would say. Talking trash and belittling others are different things.

If you disagree name at least one time in these past 106 episodes or 238 chapters of manga where Naruto has EVER called someone a failure or a loser.

The anime guys probably just wanted to make Sasuke's behavior more excusable.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 09:39   Link #83
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi
I'm not sure if this is anything but.. i did notice something peculiar in this episode. Naruto and Sasuke finally fight... and it seems naruto is still somewhat the underdog, they are both countering each other's attacks, and naruto's hits do land .. just not as much as sasuke's.. however when Naruto used his taji kage bushin.. and the screen shows Sakura's face.. did you all notice it seemed like she was somewhat concentrated on naruto? or more like hoping naruto won't lose.. It seemed like she was worrying about Naruto more ...could it be she cares for him more subconsciously already??!?
No way man she's worried more about Sasuke the person she loves.
Old 2004-11-04, 09:41   Link #84
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Well this episode moved a bit slowly for me, the fight scene more than made for it though it was tight! They depicted Sasuke's taijutsu exceptionally well and made him so stylish. You got a better sense for the fact that Naruto was no match one on one with Taijutsu so he had to use his specialty, Tajyuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu. I was surprised at how much dirtier they fought in the episode, they even traded trick for trick. Sakura was a bit annoying worrying so much about Naruto and it was good to see her witness Naruto finally being on par with Sasuke and not just being some failure although she should have had more faith after seeing him kick Neji's ass. Overall the fight scene was spectactular and ofcourse the highlight of the episode. I hope they have animation of this caliber throughout the arc!
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 09:57   Link #85
swerv
Stay Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
Um, Naruto (at least the one in the manga) would never call someone a failure. That sounds more like something Sasuke or the old Neji would say. Talking trash and belittling others are different things.

If you disagree name at least one time in these past 106 episodes or 238 chapters of manga where Naruto has EVER called someone a failure or a loser.

splitting hairs...

He tries to get his opponents angry, the end.

This is the anime discussion thread not the manga discussion thread.
Old 2004-11-04, 10:01   Link #86
Iron Giant

Send a message via ICQ to Iron Giant Send a message via AIM to Iron Giant Send a message via MSN to Iron Giant Send a message via Yahoo to Iron Giant
Well...

The episode was not that good I have to admit...
Only the last 5 minutes were quite good.
I didn't like the way the creators tried to spend the time with some unimportant subjects for 15 minutes.

But yeah Naruto is finally back!!!
Iron Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 10:27   Link #87
PsiNide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Giant
I didn't like the way the creators tried to spend the time with some unimportant subjects for 15 minutes.
huh? you mean Shikamaru's promotion.... unimportant???

sorry man but this is what we call 'character development' its what is needed to make any story interesting...
PsiNide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 10:31   Link #88
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Haha, that is fucking hilarious

Well, well. It appears that Sasuke has learned the sexy no jutsu partially. Or he's been watching Tsunade a bit too much.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 11:26   Link #89
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Man, I wonder if Dattebayo's translation is right for Naruto & Sasuke's conversation prior to the fight...if so, naruto really came off like an asshole. to Sasuke. He just seemed happy to fight him in the manga, but in the anime he seems just as much of a jerk as Sasuke prior to the fight.

Examples:

Naruto: I'm really happy, just thinking about how easy it will be to take you down right here.

Naruto: At least I'm not a failure that's always dragging others down!
Hrm, if thats their translations I'd say they took some liberties with the dialog.
Speedsubbers can ruin an episode by giving people all these dumb impressions, but OTOH, oftimes the slow subbers do the same thing. Its pretty hard to translate both meaning and nuance from Japanese to English without losing something.

Pick any two: accurate wrt meaning, accurate wrt nuance, match animated mouth speech timing.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 11:29   Link #90
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Incarnate//
Sasuke's magic foot work was jus crazy, especially the sound effects. Im pretty sure sasuke got kage bunshin now trust naruto to do it blatently infront of him

wats all this lee/gaara was best :fingers: 3RD/ORO ultimate.
Hah, Sasuke is good, and probably knows *HOW* to do kage bunshin now, but that doesnt mean he has enough chakura to do it. He has to conserve his power and simply cant afford to split it up like naruto can.

Maybe he can make one or two real kage bunshin like kakashi can (the ones kakashi made on the bridge were simply regular genjutu bunshin), but probably never as many as naruto can. (besides its not sasuke's style)
Old 2004-11-04, 11:34   Link #91
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalisAkujin
I don't think Naruto can control his clones as well as himself so they are pretty easy opponents to Sasuke.
Each kage bunshin is supposed to be 10% as good as naruto himself at taijutu, but they each get an equal share of his remaining chakura which they can use for taijutu or ninjutu as needed. So they are still tough. Sasuke just happens to have a jutu perfect for killing off large numbers of weaker opponents, so its a good counter to kagebunshin. I dont think well see naruto try that trick again vs sasuke too often.
Old 2004-11-04, 11:48   Link #92
Srin Tuar
無謀

Hrm, I think she needs to work on some hips...
Old 2004-11-04, 11:53   Link #93
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
splitting hairs...

Just admit you lost the argument, fool.
Old 2004-11-04, 11:56   Link #94
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
splitting hairs...

You're lucky there is a manga discussion thread because without the manga...Like someone already said, trash talking and name calling are two different things, although one can be influenced by the other. Of all of the words for Naruto to use, "failure" is something he had never used because he's been called a failure, loser, whatever, his entire life. So, the question on whether it's a translation error or something is a very valid question, IMO. It's out of character. I mean, it's no big deal, Naruto deserves to be confident and all, but I am curious as well now. All in all, the fight was cool, very well animated.

Since I crammed all of the filler arc in the same day and then watched this episode, I didn't realize that the fight was going to happen this episode. I like how they focused all of Lee's problems first in the earlier episodes and then went to the Naruto fight immediately after the filler arc. This arc is going to move faster than I thought it was.

I am really feeling the opening and closing more and more since it first aired also.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 12:18   Link #95
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Each kage bunshin is supposed to be 10% as good as naruto himself at taijutu, but they each get an equal share of his remaining chakura which they can use for taijutu or ninjutu as needed. So they are still tough. Sasuke just happens to have a jutu perfect for killing off large numbers of weaker opponents, so its a good counter to kagebunshin. I dont think well see naruto try that trick again vs sasuke too often.
You confuse them with mizu bunshin. Kage bunshin are exact copies and therefore most likely exactly as strong as the original (otherwise, the jutsu would be even crappier than it is now).
Quote:

I now I'm not supposed to spoil in an anime thread, but he asked for it. ^^;
Spoiler for Manga:
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 12:24   Link #96
Anthriel
天使

Crap, a double post. Sorry, I didn't realize it. ^^;
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 13:15   Link #97
-TheAnimeGuy-
I will..Protect Everyone!

Send a message via AIM to -TheAnimeGuy- Send a message via MSN to -TheAnimeGuy- Send a message via Yahoo to -TheAnimeGuy-
i thought this was an awesome episode, and it will finally answer alot of people's question to which is better, Rasengan or Chidori?? i was on soo much intensity after the episode that i didnt even bother to watch whats gonna happen next week, cause i dont wanna know and usually i watch what is going to happen. i wanna be left in suspense for the next episode
-TheAnimeGuy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 13:22   Link #98
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheAnimeGuy-
i thought this was an awesome episode, and it will finally answer alot of people's question to which is better, Rasengan or Chidori??
No it won't. Not next week, anyway.
Old 2004-11-04, 13:34   Link #99
Palani
///_^

Quote:
SPOILER !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't spoil !!!!!!!!!
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 13:40   Link #100
xavier8200

Quote:
No it won't. Not next week, anyway.

I totally agree. Its going to be a LONG LONG TIME before you see whose jutsu is better. and even then people will have bases to dispute both sides.

I thought that the episode was very good and well put together. The build up of Sasuke's anger with mini flashbacks was a nice touch and the filler arc was a needed monster but wasnt necessary. Needed to get some more separation from the manga. But thats beside the point. The chouji shika ino trio was nice b/c we saw well, more shika who is in my opinion one of the most vital and interesting characters in the anime.

We even saw a bit of Rock lee and some Tsunade which is always good (the part with the windin her hair was hilarious to me).

People are always going to find ways to whine about naruto episodes you would think after 107 eps people would calm down a bit. but i guess its their way of showing how much they like the show. I really hope no one bitches in about ten episodes or so.

Anthriel: Dont worry about the double post it happens to the best of us. I just noticed your sig. I don't think you should worry about not being a good speaker of english. Your english is above my japanese and probably anyone else's so dont worry.

Last edited by xavier8200; 2004-11-04 at 13:53.
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote