Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-07-26, 22:58   Link #81
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
1 I'm trying to found out why the novel is so popular with its not-so-special premise (Ben-To)

Never read the novels but I beg to differ on the premise having nothing special.

It's so ridiculous that the result will be amazingly awesome or a complete trainwreck.I see no in between.

Looking forward to:
fate zero
mirai nikki
bakuman 2
sqid girl 2
guilty crown
un go
chiyahafuru
tamayura
persona 4
kimi to boku

That's a lot
Old 2011-07-27, 21:24   Link #82
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Will plan to watch:
GuiltyCrown: Good-looking premise imo, and edit:Production I.G(liked some of their recent series) plus noitaminA ftw
SnSIII: Pretty sure I don't have to explain why
Persona4: Yet to play the game, but the latest PV pulled me straight in

Might consider:
C3: Out of sheer curiosity
Kimi to Boku: Could make a good slice-of-life show
UnGo: Same as C3
Mirai Nikki: Checked out a bit of the manga, and there's a lot of hype for it too for some reason.
FateZero: Thinking about watching FateStayNight, though I hear it's a prequel series I figure it's worth a shot.

Last edited by Student no.0; 2011-07-28 at 08:37.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 21:41   Link #83
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
Will plan to watch:
GuiltyCrown: Good-looking premise imo, and BONES plus noitaminA ftw
Guilty Crown is animated by Production I.G. UN-GO is the BONES noitaminA.
Old 2011-07-28, 08:35   Link #84
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Guilty Crown is animated by Production I.G. UN-GO is the BONES noitaminA.
Oh yeah that's right. Must've gotten mixed up between the two. Thanks.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 09:27   Link #85
Seijaku Saiko
NOW I LOST IT

Shows I'm definitely watch (in order) :
Persona 4
Seitokai no Ichizon II (is this confirmed or not?)
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Working`!!
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
Guilty Crown

Will checkout :
C3
Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle
Mirai Nikki <not a fan of manga but well...>
Gundam AGE
Old 2011-07-28, 10:25   Link #86
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Ichizon S2 isn't confirmed for fall. My guess is it will air in Winter.
Old 2011-07-28, 18:37   Link #87
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Never read the novels but I beg to differ on the premise having nothing special.

It's so ridiculous that the result will be amazingly awesome or a complete trainwreck.I see no in between.
Should have phrase it better as "How in the world they turn something that doesn't sounds anything special (i.e. Battle of discount bento) into a fairly popular LN series"...
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 20:11   Link #88
saya_leviathan

Updated Fall chart:

http://neregate.com/blog/wp-content/...1-Anime-v4.jpg
Now includes the new Hunter X Hunter reboot and the 2nd season of Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-08-08 at 15:33. Reason: Please use thumbnails when posting big images!
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 21:32   Link #89
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

over 10 of em will be an episode one watch for sure.
mostly lookin forward to Shakugan no Shana, fate/zero, C3, ben-to, boku-tomo and guilty crown.

(and whenever Hayate the movie comes out lol...thought it would be sometime this fall)
Old 2011-08-07, 21:51   Link #90
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Definitely watching:

Spoiler for Fall 2011:

Looks like Fall 2011 is gonna be a good one. So far this year I have only picked up 1-2 series each season, were as before I used to pick around 6-8 series, so I'm definitely looking forward to Fall 2011 as I haven't been enjoying anime much lately.
Old 2011-08-08, 00:15   Link #91
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
- Gundam AGE
- Gundam Unicorn PT4
- Phi Brain: God's puzzle (Puzzle-themed anime)
- Last Exile Fam the silver wing (I liked Last Exile)
- Tekken: Blood Vengeance (When it's out on DVD)
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 00:21   Link #92
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Sequel City, but most of them are interesting properties. Looks like a good season, though it would look a helluva lot better with "RK: Jinchu" slotted in there.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 04:31   Link #93
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post
Updated Fall chart:

http://neregate.com/blog/wp-content/...1-Anime-v4.jpg
Now includes the new Hunter X Hunter reboot and the 2nd season of Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi.
And also Maken-ki! !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-08-08 at 15:34.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 06:20   Link #94
Seijaku Saiko
NOW I LOST IT

lol... Maken-ki's author is Takeda Hiromitsu.. no wonder...

^I think you should wait for BD instead =)
Old 2011-08-08, 06:47   Link #95
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijaku Saiko View Post
^I think you should wait for BD instead =)
Just because its TV version is too censored ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 07:19   Link #96
Kakkou
Tch.

Oh my... this season isn't any better than the last. In fact... it's worse!

Definitely watching:

Last Exile 2 - Last Exile was good.
Un-Go - noitaminA + interesting premise
Guilty Crown - Redjuice designs are awesome + noitaminA
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Looks good. Plus, I get to hear FukuJun voice another sly/pervy lead male. Minorin for extra points.
Kimi to Boku. - Really like the manga. Will be my feel good show of the season.
Fate/Zero - How could I NOT?
Persona 4 - Always liked the Persona series despite not really playing the games.
Bakuman 2 - Only in it for the manga side of the story. Saiko's love life can go to hell.
C^3 - Sounds really nice + BakaTest staff.
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Liked Denpa Onna, plus the author likes Nisioisin. Good taste.
Shana III - I liked I, was bored by half of II but overall I still like the series. Needs more Pheles.
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi 2 - I... tried the first season on a complete whim... may as well finish what I started...

Will definitely try:

Hunter x Hunter - Never saw the original, so it's worth a shot.
Working!! 2 - Depends if I watch the first season on time and like it. FukuJun is already a strong incentive to watch though.
Phi Brain - Sounds interesting.
Ben-To - Premise is so silly this could be really good or awful.
MajiKoi - The voice cast.
Mirai Nikki - Had almost zero care towards the manga by the final chapter. I'll stil have a look but if it's Assread then I dunno... That extended PV they called an OVA wasn't exactly attractive either.

Several OVAs are also on my radar but none has me as excited as the 3rd and last Yozakura OVA. Pre-ordered and waiting for the release date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Looks like a good season, though it would look a helluva lot better with "RK: Jinchu" slotted in there.
No, no more! This season is jam packed with good looking shows I don't need Ruroken joining that list .
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 14:19   Link #97
Yuutsu

Absolutely:

Fate/Zero - I am so pumped for this anime! The visual novel blew me away when I first read it. Archer, why so gar?! As a result, it wasn't entirely unexpected for me to dread reading the light novels that were written by an author unaffiliated with Type-Moon (at the time, I didn't know who Gen Urobuchi was). Again, I found myself devouring the first 3 novels with pleasure; and again, I can't wait. This is good stuff, people.

Persona 4 - Persona 4 is my all-time favourite game, bar none. I went into the game a little jaded by jRPGs in general, and came out swearing that what I played couldn't possibly be this good. Thus, to be honest, I'm a little worried here. I can't think of a single video game that was adapted in an anime that was anything more than harmless fun. I'm not expecting Persona 4 to blow me away in that regard either considering the sheer amount of content that exists in the source material and the unlikelihood for most of it to be covered. However, be damned if I don't watch the anime and enjoy it.

Working!! - I'm not really sure I can explain this one. The first season was the sort of anime that I typically abhor. That is, I highly dislike anime with a predominately 'moe-blob' art style (no idea why, I don't mind 'moe' characters), that feature 4-koma type comedy (in anime form, I don't mind actual 4-koma), and I couldn't think of a sillier premise (I can, but I like hyperboles. : )). Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I actually enjoyed it! It didn't help that Inami's crush on Souta was so cute nor the fact that Yamada and Poplar sent me into fits of sugar-induced spasms. Sigh... because of this anime, I'm forced to reluctantly admit that there is a certain appeal to be found in moe-blob animu...

Will watch and probably/hopefully like:

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! - I'm not the biggest fan of harem anime (lytotes for the win) because the protagonists tend to be mind-numbingly dumb or offensively generic. If you gave me more harem leads like Battler or Key (Seitokai) or Okazaki or Kenichi (Sharin), then I would definitely be much more enthusiastic for harem anime. Despite that, I've been tracking this particular series for a while now. The manga, from the 2 chapters that I've read, were enjoyable and the male lead seemed like a pretty savvy dude. The visual novel looks like it won't be translated before the anime will begin to be aired, so I guess I'll be watching the anime first. : )

Last Exile - I enjoyed the first anime very much. Loved the opening and the steam-punk setting really drew me in. Unfortunately, I haven't finished the first series; however, that won't stop me from giving its sequel a try. I don't know much about the story, but still look forward to it nevertheless.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai! - I really like the manga (haven't read the light novels). Despite that, I'm going to withhold judgement on the anime until I actually watch it. My enjoyment will hinge on how much focus the director/producer/team gives to the rudeness of its dark-haired female lead. Normally, I would have never cared about something like this, but that viewpoint changed after watching Ore no Imouto. Someone, or a group of people, decided to turn Kirino from the generally likeable girl she was in the manga into the hellspawn that she was (much to my utter annoyance and fury) in the anime. The anime rendition of Kirino stands right up there as one my most loathed characters. : \ Hopefully, the same thing won't happen with Boku Tomo.

Will definitely give a try:

Guilty Crown - Sucker for anything Noitamina. The Tatami Galaxy, Usagi Drop, and some of the other anime from this block are absolutely lovely. I dunno much about this anime, but hope that it won't disappoint.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Like I said before, I'm game for anything that even remotely resembles fantasy. Kyoukai Senjou looks to deliver that.

Mirai Nikki - I'll probably watch this on-and-off. I did enjoy the manga, but never really liked it that much. Will stay for the antics of the yandere, however.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 15:29   Link #98
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Aw boo. The only thing worth watching for me is Shana III.

.......no, wait, that's okay. I have too much to watch and do as it is.
Old 2011-08-09, 20:08   Link #99
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
This looks interesting, there's probably at three series here that I'm definitely going to watch (Shana, Ika Musume, Mirai Nikki) and at least 2 or 3 more that I'm on the fence about right now (Fate/Zero, C3, and Persona 4). Given the incomplete nature of the number of this current list, the number of series I intend on watching could increase. (Note that this does include any OVA's I might watch, of which there are two or three I'm interested in.
I've decided to add a few more series to my "On the fence" list (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and Working!!) and a few more to my "Definitely going to watch" list (Hunter x Hunter and Fate/Zero).
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 21:48   Link #100
zerodragon

I will most likely watch and finish fate zero, mirai nikk,i shana III, guilty crown, and c3

i will try gundam Age and another that i can't remember right now.

Last edited by zerodragon; 2011-08-09 at 21:51. Reason: forgot something and mistakes
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series