AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-13, 21:43   Link #1181
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Miyanaga Mode, eh? Who's willing to bet that it's actually something the sisters got from the mother's side of the family tree, eh?
Wouldn't be surprised ... at all.
Old 2012-06-13, 21:46   Link #1182
Sumeragi
Banned

You know, one of the wackiest ideas: Saki's mother separate from the father for he lax way he was educating Saki on mahjong. So while Teru would grow into the stern brutal mass murderer, Saki follows her father's more relaxed method of playing.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 21:58   Link #1183
Qilin
Romanticist

As much as I love watching Teru stomp everyone into pulp, I couldn't help but feel bored with this chapter since practically nothing changed since the previous chapter, as in no significant change to the flow of the match. Toki's backstory was okay, but I think I've had enough of that for the past few chapters. Though, I have to admit that that page with Teru standing over her fallen foes was pretty cool.

Anyway, I hope that in the next chapter, someone disrupts Teru's streak (probably Kuro), or else Teru should finish this already. No point in dragging this out any more than it needs to.

On another note, I don't see what Toki is getting worked up about. I mean, if she just sits back and plays defensively, Senriyama would probably end getting second place anyway. Why does she have to risk her life like this?

Last edited by Qilin; 2012-06-13 at 22:18.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 22:04   Link #1184
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You know, one of the wackiest ideas: Saki's mother separate from the father for he lax way he was educating Saki on mahjong. So while Teru would grow into the stern brutal mass murderer, Saki follows her father's more relaxed method of playing.
To be honest I don't know for sure if it was specifically mahjong related (though it could have been), but considering father and mother's presumed personality traits (as reflected in Teru) then I could see all kinda personality clashes.... :\
Old 2012-06-13, 22:25   Link #1185
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
On another note, I don't see what Toki is getting worked up about. I mean, if she just sits back and plays defensively, Senriyama would probably end getting second place anyway. Why does she have to risk her life like this?
Because thanks to the devil mirror, she's just as vulnerable as everyone else and if Teru is allowed to keep her streak someone will get down to 0 eventually and there's nothing ensuring it won't be her.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 00:15   Link #1186
Key Board
Carbon

remember Teru's record of a previous match?

it's show that she changes her target accordingly to make sure that everyone else will have the lowest scores possible
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 00:30   Link #1187
toriayumi

Wait~ so don't tell me they haven't finish their game (in main manga) yet! I thought that was the last hand >< so let me get this right, only 1 team gets to go to semi-finals.
toriayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 00:38   Link #1188
Xacual

No, top two from this round will move up.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 02:00   Link #1189
kona~chan
ヘタレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post

As for Achiga hen Ch 11, if the match ends, will we see Teru do this:

Spoiler for no spoiler, just another photoshopped image:
for a sadist like her maybe but for other i don't think so...
saki used to hate mahjong after all.
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 03:47   Link #1190
night_sentinel

Wow, synchronized Miyanaga action on both mangas.

Looking at the leaked picture of Saki I think now I have an idea of why Senriyama suspected her being related to Teru.

Spoiler for trigger:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei
Miyanaga Mode, eh? Who's willing to bet that it's actually something the sisters got from the mother's side of the family tree, eh?
Ugggh ... this chapters are just fueling my already intense curiosity about the Miyanaga family. Though I think Miyanaga surname sort of fits Saki and Teru since its kanju can be read as Eternal princess or something to that effect right?

So that meant
Saki Miyanaga = Blooming eternal princess
Teru Miyanaga = Shining eternal princess

On the Achiga's side I agree with Qilin that Toki shouldn't risk herself that much considering that she just needs to be in second place. Instead of using her 3 turns she should save mp and just avoid getting hit by ron using her 1 turn ability. Even, Teru can't ron her if her ability is active right?

Then again that's not a very honorable way to play either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi

Spoiler for Game:
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 03:51   Link #1191
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Because thanks to the devil mirror, she's just as vulnerable as everyone else and if Teru is allowed to keep her streak someone will get down to 0 eventually and there's nothing ensuring it won't be her.
what if everyone's score turned into zero with Teru eating up all the scores then who will be second?
Old 2012-06-14, 04:18   Link #1192
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what if everyone's score turned into zero with Teru eating up all the scores then who will be second?
The match continues even though all 3 of them left with 0 points. Unless a case which Teru gets a tsumo, The 2nd placing is then decided by 3 man mahjong.(Thats my hunch.)

Only difference is:
The 3 of them can't riichi.
Once one of them dies by the other except Teru, the match ends.
If ron off by Teru, may go for 1 more round with 3 man mahjong. Something like elimination match after that. Depends on who got negative after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Wow, synchronized Miyanaga action on both mangas.

Looking at the leaked picture of Saki I think now I have an idea of why Senriyama suspected her being related to Teru.

Spoiler for trigger:

Uh oh... Nice knowing you Kasumi and Kyouko. Though in this case, there is a way to break that flow.

In Teru's case, there is no way... that is, if Kuro does that "thing" quickly... Which will happen a month later. Damn, good things must wait.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-14 at 04:46.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 05:39   Link #1193
night_sentinel

Spoiler for trigger:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666
As scarletknive said it meant the game will still go on until someone goes under zero. In the tournament your still in the game when your score is exactly zero like Kana when Koromo did this to her.

Though that question itself is very interesting... lets say Teru put all competitors at the same score which for this example is zero. If Teru does a tsumo since she is the dealer like 8,000 all or something everyone except Teru will have the same -8,000 score. I wonder then how they will determine second place if such a scenario would occur?
Old 2012-06-14, 05:40   Link #1194
NeutralZero

Hmmm.... so copying her signiture mode merits a death penalty huh? or the very least angers her...
Seems like the training camp did more to Saki than anyone else...
The copycat kohai would really really think twice now if she's ever saw this...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 05:46   Link #1195
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Though that question itself is very interesting... lets say Teru put all competitors at the same score which for this example is zero. If Teru does a tsumo since she is the dealer like 8,000 all or something everyone except Teru will have the same -8,000 score. I wonder then how they will determine second place if such a scenario would occur?
Wouldn't rank still be determined by scores?

I mean, even if they all go below zero, their scores still wouldn't be equal, so wouldn't it just make sense to determine the ordering from that?
Old 2012-06-14, 05:47   Link #1196
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Spoiler for trigger:

As scarletknive said it meant the game will still go on until someone goes under zero. In the tournament your still in the game when your score is exactly zero like Kana when Koromo did this to her.

Most likely a 3-man mahjong. The first person to agari wins.(Thats my hunch.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Wouldn't rank still be determined by scores?

I mean, even if they all go below zero, their scores still wouldn't be equal, so wouldn't it just make sense to determine the ordering from that?
Remember Qilin, Teru IS the dealer... Also... The other 3 can't riichi.(0 points) If Teru tsumo, the negatives will still be the same for the 3 of them.

Something like this...

Teru 424000(+324000)
The other 3 all -8000(-108000 each)

The all points go to 0 cases should not happen unless Teru does a constant win.(eg. mangan all the way.)
Old 2012-06-14, 05:52   Link #1197
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Remember Qilin, Teru IS the dealer... Also... The other 3 can't riichi.(0 points) If Teru tsumo, the negatives will still be the same for the 3 of them.
But their scores aren't equal to begin with. That's only true if you assume that they all have the same score.

Assuming that Teru tsumos indefinitely, their scores would not be equal once they reach the negatives.

EDIT:

Yeesh. It seems I misunderstood the question. Move along...

Last edited by Qilin; 2012-06-14 at 06:10.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 06:02   Link #1198
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin
But their scores aren't equal to begin with. That's only true if you assume that they all have the same score.

Assuming that Teru tsumos indefinitely, their scores would not be equal once they reach the negatives.
Its a hypothetical scenario that has almost zero chance of happening for example Teru managed to get all of her opponents on the same score like zero.

Toki : 0
Kirame : 0
Kuro : 0

If for example Teru did a tsumo like 8,000 all as a dealer everyone will pay the same amount resulting in the final score like this

Teru : 424,000
Toki : -8,000
Kuro : -8,000
Kirame : - 8,000

Since the two top scorer will advance who will be the second school if this ridiculously unlikely scenario come to pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive
Most likely a 3-man mahjong. The first person to agari wins.(Thats my hunch.)
So agari huh, Toki, Kuro and Kirame will play a 3 player deathmatch without Teru to determine the second place? Lol that's surprisingly reasonable...
Old 2012-06-14, 06:08   Link #1199
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Its a hypothetical scenario that has almost zero chance of happening for example Teru managed to get all of her opponents on the same score like zero.

Toki : 0
Kirame : 0
Kuro : 0

If for example Teru did a tsumo like 8,000 all as a dealer everyone will pay the same amount resulting in the final score like this

Teru : 424,000
Toki : -8,000
Kuro : -8,000
Kirame : - 8,000

Since the two top scorer will advance who will be the second school if this ridiculously unlikely scenario come to pass?
Ah, if that's what you mean (blame my bad reading comprehension), I'm not too sure myself.

Whenever I play in Tenhou, I sometimes see that it has this weird arbitrary mechanism that decides rankings even if two or more players have the exact same score. I don't know how it does it, but perhaps the answer could be related to that?
Old 2012-06-14, 06:21   Link #1200
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
So agari huh, Toki, Kuro and Kirame will play a 3 player deathmatch without Teru to determine the second place? Lol that's surprisingly reasonable...
Well yeah, you don't want a hanchan match again with 3 man mahjong... It will get boring after a while... (Plus a match that can last for more than an hour... How painful is that to watch...)

Since all 3 has the same points, if one of them agari, then that person will be 2nd. Then settled.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri