AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-02-21, 17:44   Link #8241
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
Has anyone here ever been in love?
yes. its a world of difference being in love and being infatuated.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 17:45   Link #8242
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Already I can tell I'm not in love in my relationship. How do I end it?
I'm sincerely sorry, but I really laughed about that. That kind of maniac is-she-crying-or-laughing villian-laugh. That's just me being sick and remembering a similar situation. Simply put:
You're fu~~ed!

It doesn't matter when, it doesn't matter how, you'll be the evil heart breaker and have to live with crushing a heart and all the shit that ensues.
It's inevitable, unless Armor suddenly stabs you in your sleep with an arrow. Or she suddenly decided she doesn't love you after all.

The only thing you can do is be as gentle and honest for her and your conscience sake. Endure and be kind.
You won't get a thanks for it, but doing the right thing is rarely rewarded.

Other than that: What Ricky said, I won't even attempt to try; he already said it all and very well, too.

Quote:
In all honesty, I think I'd have to say "no". If you mean love love.
I had crushes, I've been seriously in love, but I don't think I've experienced true love yet.
I was crazy about my boyfriends, I was miserable when we broke; but I never had this "puts the past experiences into perspective" thing Kaijo describes.
I think there are many different kinds of loves and while I had my heart broken, I don't think I ever truly gave it away - fully and earnestly; I always kept a part to myself.

I'm still young, so I hope there are a lot more experiences to come. I think it would be conceited to truly measure my experiences till now, but I think I'm only a low/mid-leveler in the love games as of now, with a lot to look forward to.
Joy and pain wait for me, I'm on my way!
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 17:55   Link #8243
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Vis a vis the "in love" question? Yes. Clearly. If you have to think about it, the answer is no, but I can pretty firmly say it has happened five times. Some people may say that at my age, that means my love is cheap, but I don't think anyone's love can be cheap. Some people just experience it more readily than others, and I'm one of the ready ones.

Anyone who knows me well knows that I wear my heart right out on my sleeve, and that I'm pretty bad at holding back.
Old 2011-02-21, 18:08   Link #8244
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
I'm sincerely sorry, but I really laughed about that. That kind of maniac is-she-crying-or-laughing villian-laugh. That's just me being sick and remembering a similar situation. Simply put:
You're fu~~ed!

It doesn't matter when, it doesn't matter how, you'll be the evil heart breaker and have to live with crushing a heart and all the shit that ensues.
It's inevitable, unless Armor suddenly stabs you in your sleep with an arrow. Or she suddenly decided she doesn't love you after all.

The only thing you can do is be as gentle and honest for her and your conscience sake. Endure and be kind.
You won't get a thanks for it, but doing the right thing is rarely rewarded.
Well put? Just have to wait it out, I guess. Lovely.
Old 2011-02-21, 18:12   Link #8245
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
Anyone who knows me well knows that I wear my heart right out on my sleeve, and that I'm pretty bad at holding back.
I have to say I really admire that. I'm the exact opposite.

One of my closest friends is like that, too. Even so it brought her much more heart break than necessary, I'm still envious how she is able to offer her love so freely.
Old 2011-02-21, 18:25   Link #8246
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
I have to say I really admire that. I'm the exact opposite.

One of my closest friends is like that, too. Even so it brought her much more heart break than necessary, I'm still envious how she is able to offer her love so freely.
Eh, everyone has their own way, and each has its ups and downs. It's a bit of a weird paradox, because giving all of your heart to someone is something that's only really okay if you have a lot of confidence and peace with yourself, because it will hurt that much more if/when things fall apart. But the point you're able to come out of it without permanent damage, many people decide that they don't necessarily want companionship all that badly.

In my case, I don't want companionship in a general sense. I only ever feel the desire if there is a specific someone in my purview that stirs me up.
Old 2011-02-21, 18:25   Link #8247
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Oh, yes. I've been in love before. Best feeling in the world, but it can damn well hurt you like nothing else can.
Old 2011-02-21, 18:56   Link #8248
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Done the best I can? I'm saying it again in a more detailed manner, but she isn't particularly funny, bright, caring... Her methods of speaking are starting to really irk me. It has nothing to do with acting in my prime.
Granted, this is my first real relationship, and I have no experience, but I can tell when things aren't connecting. It really started with her liking me, so I decided to try. Who knows? Maybe it will turn around, I'm not sure. In fact, I have no assurance whatsoever, being new. All I can say now is that it's not what I'd call true affection. On either side.
A relationship takes work, and you will not always "like" your partner. You have to be able to talk to them about what's bothering you, and if you can't do that, then you aren't ready for any relationship. My advice would be to talk first; perhaps she's open to change, and can become someone you become more fond of. If she loves you, she'll be willing to change. If you simply cut her out, though, you'll make hurt her greatly.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 02:57   Link #8249
Knightrunner

Okay, I think I need to listen to other peoples perspectives.

How can I introduce myself to a girl in my class (university level) without looking odd. Lets just say the setting is in the University cafeteria and she usually talks to her friend for 20 minutes then leaves.
Old 2011-02-22, 03:38   Link #8250
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Pheh, walk into the group, excuse yourself for the intrusion, then say you noticed her over the past couple of 'times' and was wondering if you could buy her something to drink or something

You're gonna look odd anyway, but at least odd with balls
Old 2011-02-22, 03:49   Link #8251
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat® View Post
Pheh, walk into the group, excuse yourself for the intrusion, then say you noticed her over the past couple of 'times' and was wondering if you could buy her something to drink or something

You're gonna look odd anyway, but at least odd with balls
I'm trying to figure out a way to look more causal. Is there any other options? What if she is with one friend? She is definately a science person with big glasses, but I know it is just only a little part of her personality.
Old 2011-02-22, 05:00   Link #8252
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Uh, just sit next to her/the group and try to start a conversation? It's normal to greet each other or ask if the seat is open when sitting down at least. First line spoken! It depends on the mood but casual conversations often come out of that.

At least it's not that unusual here.
Old 2011-02-22, 05:56   Link #8253
Knightrunner

Around my area it is strange for random people to say "hi". Then again now that I think about people don't usually look at each other when walking. People usually ignore the outside by listening to their ipod, text, or talk to there friends if they have time.

I guess I'll do what Zebra said about the sitting down part if there is a seat avaliable. Table and seating arrangements can be tricky sometimes.
Old 2011-02-22, 10:24   Link #8254
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Around my area it is strange for random people to say "hi".
Huh, really? Interesting. Where I'm from (and where I currently am) it's not all that odd to say hi to someone you don't know, or to smile and wave at them if you look at each other. It's a nice little way of acknowledging each other, even if we don't know each other very well.
Old 2011-02-22, 11:26   Link #8255
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
Quote:

How can I introduce myself to a girl in my class (university level) without looking odd. Lets just say the setting is in the University cafeteria and she usually talks to her friend for 20 minutes then leaves.
bump into her, with books flying all over the place. apologize. ask out to date. cliches rule IRL.
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 11:33   Link #8256
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
bump into her, with books flying all over the place. apologize. ask out to date. cliches rule IRL.
That's not funny in IRL. Getting shoved on purpose is not romantic.
Old 2011-02-22, 12:30   Link #8257
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Huh, really? Interesting. Where I'm from (and where I currently am) it's not all that odd to say hi to someone you don't know, or to smile and wave at them if you look at each other. It's a nice little way of acknowledging each other, even if we don't know each other very well.
When you live in a big city, that sort of behavior is looked upon as odd. The only people who will smile and wave at me are old folks (65+) who still have some notion of manners and politeness.

Everyone else, unless I know them, will ignore me, even if we accidentally make eye contact.
Old 2011-02-22, 13:18   Link #8258
JC...
I am a Pie

Interesting replies guys, I believe I was in love, once. Though I've never been in a proper relationship. I never had an interest in her, just another person. But we did become friends at some point, and it kind of grew from there. I suppose it was mostly her personality and our similar interests, Quite outgoing and makes people feel good. Also likes attention to an extent and quite intelligent. She likes physical contact with friends (Which I am not used to) so perhaps that led me on/made a stronger relationship. So yeah...

I don't think I've ever really had any 'crushes', maybe just sexual attraction or mild infatuation.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 13:37   Link #8259
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
That's not funny in IRL. Getting shoved on purpose is not romantic.
I can remember an incident where I accidently bumped into a girl on a party. As I was trying to appologize she was taking my hand and we went to the dance floor (I think alcohol was the other reason).
Old 2011-02-22, 13:39   Link #8260
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:

Try with an old classic. Make some arrangements with your friends and fallow her around. When she is alone in the alley, give a sign for your friends to attack. Then few second later you jump in and scare them away. Everything else will come by itself, trust me, it works... in my dreams.

Ok, please don't be offended by my joke, I'm just that kind of a guy. I know this is serious matter and I really feel for you. But I'll tell you one thing in serious manner. No matter how you start the conversation, if she doesn't show any interest in the beginning don't go kicking yourself in the head and thinking how you could have handled that differently, because the end result would have been the same. Then again, they say first impression is the important one so... bah, what do I know. Good luck, ether way.

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom