AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-20, 19:01   Link #61
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
It's always possible she got a hair cut, it's been 4 years since after all.
The way hair parts isn't that easily changed, especially when we're talking about going the opposite direction.

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but the VAs sound kinda similar.
I've thought about that too, but at the same time Sherry's voice was also similar.

But in the end, this is a wild speculation. If I'm right, I'm going to be the happiest girl around.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 19:03   Link #62
Kallen4life

there is Ashley, Hunnigan, President's advisor, maybe some female partner for co-op ? and Ada's campaign
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 19:06   Link #63
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If Jill was anything to go by, appearance can change quite easily in Resident Evil

Quote:

Maybe it's just me, but the VAs sound kinda similar.
I've just saw an RE4 walkthrough days ago so I'm rather confident that it's Ashley's voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
there is Ashley, Hunnigan, President's advisor, maybe some female partner for co-op ? and Ada's campaign
Oh btw, since nobody mentioned it yet- Leon's new female partner is a new character, her name is 'Helena Harper'.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-01-20 at 19:16. Reason: typo
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 20:25   Link #64
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

IGN confirms it's Sherry.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216937p1.html
Old 2012-01-20, 20:30   Link #65
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
huh, so it is sherry. Well it's fine either way.
Now just to find out what the heck Sherry's been doing for the past 10 years.

As for this mercenary dude

Quote:
the character is related to a major Resident Evil character in some manner
So, it's even more possible that he's Alex
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 20:33   Link #66
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Then you should know from the Degeneration movie that Claire wanted out-
Nope. I said I hadn't played past 3, and that includes watching Degeneration too.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 20:36   Link #67
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I don't play RE for the logic. If that is indeed Sherry then it's a welcome addition. The only real requirement I have for the game is for Leon and Chris to at least work together at some point since Chris seems to know some things about Leon, as suggested in 5.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 20:37   Link #68
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
That would be fantastic.
That would NOT be fantastic. Stop destroying pixiv and the futures of innocent little girls for your own personal gratification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
NOOO MY LOLI! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY LOLI SHERRY?

No matter. She returned.

And I am guessing the other guy is either HUNK or the last survivor of the Wesker project. Both of them are the only ones who are technically immune to the T-G viruses - the former through repeated exposure (which is why he is always the only one who survives) and the latter through genetics.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 20:44   Link #69
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That would NOT be fantastic. Stop destroying pixiv and the futures of innocent little girls for your own personal gratification.

No matter. She returned.

And I am guessing the other guy is either HUNK or the last survivor of the Wesker project. Both of them are the only ones who are technically immune to the T-G viruses - the former through repeated exposure (which is why he is always the only one who survives) and the latter through genetics.
The mercenary guy seems to have fighting abilities like that of Albert Wesker, which makes it more likely he's Alex and not Hunk. As to why Sherry is with an (former?) Umbrella operative, well...
Old 2012-01-20, 20:56   Link #70
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The mercenary guy seems to have fighting abilities like that of Albert Wesker, which makes it more likely he's Alex and not Hunk. As to why Sherry is with an (former?) Umbrella operative, well...
Two final pieces to the puzzle. Alex has Progenitor-antibodies and Sherry has G-Antibodies (thanks to the DEVIL back in RE2).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-01-20, 20:56   Link #71
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:

Jeez, I guessed correctly? PERFECT

Quote:
Need more RE Yaoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
It may be that Sherry's G-virus is a key component in Alex's immortality virus. Or with the President dying, there might be some problems with Sherry being kept safe by the US government, and she's also being hunted along with Alex. Speculations, speculations.

Quote:
Two final pieces to the puzzle. Alex has Progenitor-antibodies and Sherry has G-Antibodies (thanks to the DEVIL back in RE2).
There's more than that. Alex was the head researcher for Spencer's immortality project, and it seems he had succeeded in it beyond all doubts. However, he took the research and disappeared, Spencer would die because of that.
Old 2012-01-20, 21:14   Link #72
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Need more RE Yaoi!

We need a DMCA takedown on this. Right now.

Stop squealing like a rabid fangirl dummy. That sort of stuff is disgusting.

Quote:
It may be that Sherry's G-virus is a key component in Alex's immortality virus. Or with the President dying, there might be some problems with Sherry being kept safe by the US government, and she's also being hunted along with Alex. Speculations, speculations.
I am more inclined to think that they are both fugitives hunted by Big Pharm so they could harvest them for $$$.

Though I wonder what kind of backlash is this going to get with Americans shooting Chinese.

Quote:
There's more than that. Alex was the head researcher for Spencer's immortality project, and it seems he had succeeded in it beyond all doubts. However, he took the research and disappeared, Spencer would die because of that.
Wesker was an incomplete version of the immortality project I think. And he died in RE5.

What worries me is that this might be the last RE game we'll ever play. Or maybe there is one last one : 7 is a pretty inauspicious number in the stock market.

Or we might even get Mizuki Nana to voice one of the characters in RE7 in the future. She already voiced characters in a couple of the most popular franchises in Japanese game industry (Nagisa from PS:I and Paz from MGSPW), it would be great if she did a third one.

Old 2012-01-20, 21:15   Link #73
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Whatever the case, this game is going to be fucking awesome.

If Sherry has the G-antibodies you'd think she'd play a role in RE5, since Wesker obviously needs his shots, and Jill apparently has antibodies too. Considering that, it would be safe to assume that ALL the living antagonists have antibodies, which is why they're survivors after all.

In theory if this were the case, they can survive a G-virus infection and gain its abilities like Albert, but maybe without the medications he needs to keep the virus under control.
Old 2012-01-20, 21:28   Link #74
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:

We need a DMCA takedown on this. Right now.

Stop squealing like a rabid fangirl dummy. That sort of stuff is disgusting.
Thank you for the treat. I'm downloading all the related videos right now.

Quote:
Wesker was an incomplete version of the immortality project I think. And he died in RE5.
I think I should give you some background.

Basically, only two of the Project W candidates survived, Alex and Albert. With Albert we all know what happened, but Alex remained loyal to Spencer, becoming the head researcher of the immortality project. It also seems like he SUCCEEDED, but then disappeared. Now, how he got that success we don't quite know, but I'm thinking Sherry might have a role in it.
Old 2012-01-20, 21:36   Link #75
com_gwp

Some gameplay speculation. The mystery guy doesn't seem to be using any weapons at all. If anything, they way he's fighting using only CQC reminds me of God Hand. Now who played that game?

This might just be one of those 3 in one packages. RE4 styled actionHORROR, RE5 ACTIONhorror and God Hand in one game. Now that's a crazy deal right there.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 03:49   Link #76
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

No matter. She returned.

Let it go my friend. 1998 when she was just 12 is gone, look forward to how she's grown. Reminds me of Nanoha.... XD

Pretty much alot speculated the bald guy is indeed Hunk. When did the agent of death had a sense of humor? lol.

As far as I've seen in the trailer.

Leon's gameplay similar to RE4 with new moves.

Chris's gameplay looks like alot has been taken from Mass Effect

Sherry and speculated Hunk is the one with the partner engine like in RE5.
Old 2012-01-21, 04:14   Link #77
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Leon and Chris' gameplay are within familiar territory- they both have guns and they both can melee. But this new guy is a mystery, he's like a pure melee character And not even with Knives or axes or any weapon at all.
Old 2012-01-21, 04:30   Link #78
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Chris though now can ride and drive a tank, can "dash" and has more new physics when dealing with non-infected people.
Old 2012-01-21, 05:03   Link #79
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Chris though now can ride and drive a tank, can "dash" and has more new physics when dealing with non-infected people.
I don't think he's actually driving the vehicle I think it's a on-rail shooter sequence.

'Interacting' with the civilians was cool though, Uncharted 3 did a similar thing when Drake touches the walls as he runs pass them... A pain to control though... Speaking of UC3 as well, I think Leon grabbed a bottle to smash a Zombie in one scene, similar to the bar fight where depending on your surroundings the character would do a different action.
Old 2012-01-21, 05:44   Link #80
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't think he's actually driving the vehicle I think it's a on-rail shooter sequence.
Guess your right about that. Seems like the stage in RE5 Chris and Sheva needed to shoot down the giant ogre.