AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-28, 00:44   Link #281
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lutecia: I'm looking... For my "important thing"...
Erio: What's that?
Lutecia: ...My "important thing"...
Erio (Thinking) : Must be one of those 'girls stuff' that Chrono-san was talking about...
As long as she doesn't hug Erio all of a sudden and say, "I've found you."

Quote:
EDIT (1):

Wait, if Erio brings home a girl...

I wonder what would be the reaction...?

"Wow, thats a big Oden ingredient...!"
You've lost me there. Lutecia doesn't look like konbu or anything else to be added to Oden for that matter.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-05-28, 00:46   Link #282
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Lutecia: I'm looking... For my "important thing"...
Erio: What's that?
Lutecia: ...My "important thing"...
Erio (Thinking) : Must be one of those 'girls stuff' that Chrono-san was talking about...
Rofl

Zest:"WHERE did Lutecia goes again?"
Agito:"Relax she should be able to take care of herself"
Zest:"That's not what am worried about...She is unstable and tend to go berserk once in a while"
Agito:"Ahh You told me about that.Isn't it when she started saying something about her important thing?"
Zest:Yep!!

Quote:
You've lost me there. Lutecia doesn't look like konbu or anything else to be added to Oden for that matter.
It is a reference btw guess which anime ?easier than you thought.

Last edited by raidou; 2007-05-28 at 01:18.
Old 2007-05-28, 00:51   Link #283
Dark Wing

okay it looks like the trolls had turned thread into a full out war zone while I was away...to bad I missed the party.

Anyhow back to the episode. While it was kind of sad for Tea to have to become the SrikerS series wiping girl for the third episode in a row (Ep.7 Vita chews her out, Ep. 8 Nanoha lays the Smackdown on her, and finally good old Sig gives her a right hook.) so much befriending...I wondered how much the girl could've taken?

Also despite what others are saying I think this was the best way to resolve the whole Tea emo-ness issue. Showing Tea what Nanoha was trying to prevent from happen to her was most likley the only thing that would've gotten through to her at that point and Nanoha showing Tea that her training isn't a waste of time sealed the deal. Seem like Nanoha just got another addition to her harem. Nah, I think Tea is still hung up on Subaru...(darn these Yuri loving feeling of mine sometimes I just can't stop myself)

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2007-05-28 at 01:16.
Old 2007-05-28, 01:06   Link #284
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
About Erio taking Lutecia home, where exactly is he staying again? I mean he spent his youth in the military right? I'm doubting he's sharing a bunk with Caro...though that opens up some interesting thoughts that probably aren't appropriate. I'm doubting he's staying with Fate, since she's occupying a big bed with Nanoha. If talking about Lutecia's 'precious thing' makes her go berserk, be careful Erio.

Hopefully this triple run of Teana getting knocked around emotionally will be done for a while. Seems like everything has been settled and after a rough time she's finally back to normal. Going out with Subaru and everything, in a good sense that she's not training. If getting beat up is a sign of friendship Teana must be very close with a lot of the cast.

While it was rough on her, I think everything worked out alright in the end. She learned a hard lesson, but it was something that needed to be done before she went down a path of self-destruction. Finding out about Nanoha's past is helpful in showing her what can happen if you push yourself too hard.

No worries about Teana going into Nanoha's harem. Subaru wants in anyways so Teana can have her moment with Subaru while inside the harem. Besides with Fate guarding it there might not be much room for either of those girls.
Old 2007-05-28, 01:27   Link #285
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

This was an especially terrible week for Sunday Nanoha raws. Meh. At least it's marginally better than the flv. The key word being marginally.
http://www.seiha.org/blog/?p=109
Old 2007-05-28, 01:31   Link #286
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I'm not entirely certain how to react to this episode.

Actually, to be precise, I'm pretty sure how I feel about this episode. I'm just not sure if I should say what I feel, for fear of sparking off yet another twenty-page debate about the previous episode.

I'll just mention that my views on Nanoha's actions (that they were not wholly logical) remain unchanged, but in the efforts of not causing too much outcry, I'll agree to disagree with what is obviously the majority.

(Mind you, if challenged, I will repeat my objections, and we shall once again have a very lively discussion. But I'd recommend against that.)

I'm not happy with this episode, though. Mostly because what it resolved, it did so by out-of-characterness, in my view.
Old 2007-05-28, 01:36   Link #287
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
This was an especially terrible week for Sunday Nanoha raws. Meh. At least it's marginally better than the flv. The key word being marginally.
http://www.seiha.org/blog/?p=109
meh, reading from this blog, seems like the only highlights of this episode was
Spoiler for spoilers:

haven't seen the RAW, I was lucky last week to see episode 8 RAW because someone posted it up on youtube...oh wells, until the fansubs for this episode come out...
the guy in this blog sounded like he didn't really like this episode...
Old 2007-05-28, 01:46   Link #288
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Spoilers aside though. Who's thinking ShinnxStellar right now?
Old 2007-05-28, 01:52   Link #289
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Shinn x Stellar ONLY IF it happens. Otherwise, it's just excessive speculative rambling that's ruined.

Besides, if we assume Elio is something like Lutecia (( also a created being )), then it's really closer to Kamille x Four's "we are the same, kindred beings" attraction with each other. It also allows flak for Lutelio attachment without needing assumed bonding time Elio/Caro shares outside the anime, etc.

And I can understand dkellis's stance. This episode wasn't bad in my opinion, as it was argubly the best route to temporarily close the Teana issue and move on with...the actual plot, but just because it's the best doesn't make it very good either. The way it was presented had both logic and overconvinience attached to it. Oxymoron, I know but that's just how I felt.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-28, 01:54   Link #290
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Add me to the list of people not pleased with the way this series is going. I feel that Nanoha is written out of character lately. If she's so nice, why doesn't she talk first before shooting, instead of the other way around?

That aside, I'll give them a pass on this episode IF they don't wrap up Teana's emotional turmoil with this episode alone. There's no way she would feel better about being on the team just like that.
Old 2007-05-28, 01:58   Link #291
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Kanon.

The same thing was said when Yuuichi brought home an unknown girl when he was sent to buy Oden ingredients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
okay it looks like the trolls had turned thread into a full out war zone while I was away...to bad I missed the party.
You can't really call it a 'war' , it was pretty one sided to begin with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
About Erio taking Lutecia home, where exactly is he staying again? I mean he spent his youth in the military right? I'm doubting he's sharing a bunk with Caro...though that opens up some interesting thoughts that probably aren't appropriate. I'm doubting he's staying with Fate, since she's occupying a big bed with Nanoha. If talking about Lutecia's 'precious thing' makes her go berserk, be careful Erio.
He's a big boy with his own room...

... Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Spoilers aside though. Who's thinking ShinnxStellar right now?
Depends, who are you refering to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
Add me to the list of people not pleased with the way this series is going. I feel that Nanoha is written out of character lately. If she's so nice, why doesn't she talk first before shooting, instead of the other way around?
OH. MY. GOD...

NOT. AGAIN.

Does Teana look like she's in the right mind to be talked to? Didn't Nanoha already warned her several times before?

And for that matter, does she even have the TIME to talk?! Teana was pointing a GUN at her.

YOU try talking then.

EDIT:

brb after an hour or 2 again...
Old 2007-05-28, 02:09   Link #292
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Did Subaru ever get a direct explanation for Nanoha's actions?
Old 2007-05-28, 02:11   Link #293
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
*shrugged*

Haven't watched it yet, you tell me.

Then you tell me if it matters to them.
Old 2007-05-28, 02:16   Link #294
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
*shrugged*

Haven't watched it yet, you tell me.

Then you tell me if it matters to them.
I've watched the eye-bleeding raw a couple of times, and I didn't get any sign of such.

It may not matter to them, but it certainly matters to me.
Old 2007-05-28, 02:20   Link #295
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Honestly as the episode ended my thoughts were on how dkellis would respond to things. This was the center of a lively debate last episode so I wasn't sure how things would go. Was half expecting a comment on Signum's....old school teaching method.

I don't know if Nanoha explained everything to Teana. Not understanding much Japanese I can't give an explanation there. Had a feeling Nanoha was apologising for being tough on Teana, but I couldn't say for certain.
Old 2007-05-28, 02:21   Link #296
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Oh wow, I knew GUTB had to join AnimeSuki Nanoha section sooner or later, too bad I've missed all the fun.

I won't bring that theme up again, but as long as I took my time registering an account I just have to start at least a small discussion, so here you go:

Does anyone agree that TSAB completely fails as a decent military/police organization in many aspects? I'll point out some examples:

- S1 - TSAB discovers two underage girls, one of which without even proper training in magic usage, armed with powerful Intelligent Devices and doing Lost Logia hunting, most probably violating several TSAB rules; TSAB actions - in Nanoha case they allow her to keep the device and even cooperate with them further, later ignoring direct insubordination when she's told not to interfere with Fate's multiple Jewel Seed activation; they do nothing about Yuuno going after Jewel Seeds alone ending up with entrusting a dangerous weapon to some random girl and continuing his quest without notifying the higher-ups; they let Fate use her device in the finale without any means to be confident she'll be staying on their side whatsoever.

- S2 - TSAB finds nothing better than to allow Fate, who had not that much time since S1 to earn their full trust, act at her full magic power in a dangerous and delicate case of dealing with the Book of Darkness; when faced by powerful opponents TSAB implements dangerous and unstable upgrades to the girls' devices instead of bringing their own reinforcements; with admiral Graham's treason uncovered he's left practically unpunished on the basis of the case ending without any deaths by some miracle.

- S3 - (here comes Ep.9 so I'm not writing off-topic stuff) I won't mention the issues with RF6 creation and limiters, only direct TSAB failures: Dr.Spaghetti is a wanted criminal for years, yet he's able to conduct researches in huge facilities, mass-produce combat drones and get access to Jewel Seeds without TSAB having a slightest idea about his whereabouts; smuggling Relic-class objects doesn't seem to be a rare occasion; combat drones, some of them being comparable to a tank or a fighter-jet, are able to deploy almost anywhere with TSAB noticing only when they actually start acting (in Ep.9 a whole squadron of flying ones appears all of a sudden - where were they hidden? teleported? where are they produced?); and most recent one I'm not 100% sure due to moonspeak - was the "unknown" entitiy that ambushed Nanoha ever identified and dealt with?

So I come to the conclusion that either TSAB is a totally incompetent organization or there's a really big conspiracy after all of this which is yet to be revealed.
Old 2007-05-28, 02:26   Link #297
Ottocycle

Quote:
Quote:
I've watched the eye-bleeding raw a couple of times, and I didn't get any sign of such.

I would be inclined to say that yes, she did, along with the rest of the forwards, during that little video presentation on Nanoha's past.

I have limited understanding as well, but it seems that Nanoha doesn't want reckless behaviour on her wards, which they fully demonstrated during the mock battle, and also which she had been guilty of during the first 2 series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight
I don't know if Nanoha explained everything to Teana. Not understanding much Japanese I can't give an explanation there. Had a feeling Nanoha was apologising for being tough on Teana, but I couldn't say for certain.
The apology was apparently for the training Nanoha had been assigning to be so plain and 1-D that Tia couldn't feel any improvement at all on her end(confirmed by Tia's own monologue from pre-OP speech of ep8), and hence leading to her developing melee close-in techniques from Subaru.
Old 2007-05-28, 02:33   Link #298
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Honestly as the episode ended my thoughts were on how dkellis would respond to things. This was the center of a lively debate last episode so I wasn't sure how things would go. Was half expecting a comment on Signum's....old school teaching method.
I was going to mention something about it, but again, I'm not sure whether this would result once again in Me vs. Almost Everyone Else. It's three thirty in the morning here, and I'm not really in the mood for an extended debate... yet. In fact, now that my video has finished encoding, I'm going to sleep right after this post.

Tomorrow, you'll find me ready to go for the long haul. For now, let's just say that I've lost most faith in the TSAB being anything like any military organization I'm familiar with, or the characters acting like any normal person I'm familiar with.
Old 2007-05-28, 02:33   Link #299
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Since I still have some time...

Quote:

Uh-huh...

@An Hero in Disguise
Base just on the first two season...

Season One: It's not the TSAB on the whole who had found Nanoha/Fate/Yuuno, it's just one ship and her crew.

The decision was up to the ADMIRAL in charge.

Do you see any error and/or fault with the result of her decision?

Season Two: The TSAB's soldiers are not as impressive as you think they are. Both Nanoha and Fate were some of their strongest on the scene.

As for Fate's case, she has ADMIRAL Lindy and ENFORCER Chrono to vouch for her.

And what do you want to do to Graham? He's about to retire anyway, why destroy his name with this incident when he probably had done alot better deeds in his career.

EDIT:

Quote:
I was going to mention something about it, but again, I'm not sure whether this would result once again in Me vs. Almost Everyone Else. It's three thirty in the morning here, and I'm not really in the mood for an extended debate... yet. In fact, now that my video has finished encoding, I'm going to sleep right after this post.

Tomorrow, you'll find me ready to go for the long haul. For now, let's just say that I've lost most faith in the TSAB being anything like any military organization I'm familiar with, or the characters acting like any normal person I'm familiar with.

Goody, by tomorrow I should have aquired the chinese sub myself...

... Be seeing you
Old 2007-05-28, 02:38   Link #300
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Ah thanks for the explanation. It's too bad that things had to go this far for a change to the training regiment to occur. I'm sure Nanoha would feel bad as the instructor that something surrounding her training might cause a problem.

Just glad they all got a quick explanation for what happened. It really could've been a problem if Nanoha had just blasted Teana and nothing happened after.

Yeah it's pretty late here too. So no way would I be up to a major debate. Good time to take a break for sleep.