AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-25, 20:57   Link #361
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Bad choice though, Aria might not be totally in-your-face ecchi, but there's certainly more than enough of it.

Enough to put a big fat 'HAREM' label on the front cover and does very little to cover it.
------------
Not a good idea to compare a powerless character with a powerful character, off the top of my head I would link him more along the lines of Quenser from [Heavy Object] or even Narumi from [Kamisama no Memochou].
Is HnA really ecchi, I do not think so. Maybe it is because I happen to see more text than images, but it is not ecchi in the sense that it is not superficial, but natural, meaning that they go with the text and not on top of the text. Man, it's hard to explain, but I'd say that series like these fall more with the "romantic comedy" rather than the ecchi tag. Though "harem" is indeed as big as you can even think of.
------------
I'd compare him more because of the fantasy in which he got dragged in. Plus, so far, I do not think that he's similar to Narumi. You have different personalities here. He is usually in high spirits whereas Narumi looks as if he is going to jump from the roof anytime ( ) and has a hot spirit, leading him to go nose-to-nose with Nobuna.
Old 2012-07-25, 21:00   Link #362
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey-kun View Post
How nice of him to take the time and effort ^_^

So if it gets enough votes, some1 will do an unofficial translation, correct?
No, votes in Baka-Tsuki actually helps to get it translated. The more votes, the more exposure which will attract translators to translate the Light Novel because many are interested in it. It works like how currency exchange rates have on the Global economy which is not directly, but indirectly. Votes does not necessarily mean the project will get translated, but it will increase the chances very highly. Nom@n or Code-Zero is waiting to see the result of the polls to make a decision to either translate or not. You can make a translation unofficial, but many prefer official. If we achieve like maybe 200 votes than this translation project will become official and will begin translating. Up till recently Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? was a request page, it exceeded 200 votes and almost went to 300. Then translators found it was worth doing and the project became a teaser project which is close to becoming a real project.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 21:06   Link #363
Mikey-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
No, votes in Baka-Tsuki actually helps to get it translated. The more votes, the more exposure which will attract translators to translate the Light Novel because many are interested in it. It works like how currency exchange rates have on the Global economy which is not directly, but indirectly. Votes does not necessarily mean the project will get translated, but it will increase the chances very highly. Nom@n or Code-Zero is waiting to see the result of the polls to make a decision to either translate or not. You can make a translation unofficial, but many prefer official. If we achieve like maybe 200 votes than this translation project will become official and will begin translating. Up till recently Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? was a request page, it exceeded 200 votes and almost went to 300. Then translators found it was worth doing and the project became a teaser project which is close to becoming a real project.
Ah I see, interesting! I'll keep tabs on it then and just await more spoilers until the time comes
Old 2012-07-25, 21:12   Link #364
Athena
The Power of One

@Reaper
One word about the translation possibility: Anime

This usually helps a lot, and when you fail to grasp the opportunity, it is hard to end up translated. Think series such as Daimaou, and such that are not bad at all, but didn't get the pretty timing.
Old 2012-07-25, 21:16   Link #365
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Zombie is unique in that an external translator (NanoDesu) picked it up later, so it's not need on BT anymore. For the time being, let's focus on the poll, get some votage power first. Besides, the best time to post the poll would probably be after the anime ends, depending on how well it ended, because that's when people will want more and go searching for the source material. Just remember though, if we still need votes by then, to post something on that week, so that our thread gets bumped up to top.

P.S. If any of you ever go on vacation, invest in satellite internet connections, resort Internets are VERY aggravating..
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 21:22   Link #366
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Athena and Chad101, both of you are correct. Nothing drives more attention than anime and Oda Nobuna no Yabou looks like a good one. Most people are hooked into anime within 5 or 7 episodes. So far Oda Nobuna no Yabou has 3 episodes already, yet already it received a total of close to 60 votes on the request polls. I really like this Light Novel, although we just got summaries it is very good stuff. Also, we as a whole bring attention to the Light Novel. The more activity in both the anime and Light Novel thread will spark interest to the Light Novel and we will get more votes. It may be weird to say, but when there is a lot of noise people will come to check what is going on.

Oh and Chad101 good advice, when me and my girlfriend went to Rome, it was hard to get a connection.
Old 2012-07-25, 21:34   Link #367
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Is HnA really ecchi, I do not think so. Maybe it is because I happen to see more text than images, but it is not ecchi in the sense that it is not superficial, but natural, meaning that they go with the text and not on top of the text. Man, it's hard to explain, but I'd say that series like these fall more with the "romantic comedy" rather than the ecchi tag. Though "harem" is indeed as big as you can even think of.
These days, RomCom and ecchi are kinda hard to separate.

No matter, I won't strongly debate this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
------------
I'd compare him more because of the fantasy in which he got dragged in. Plus, so far, I do not think that he's similar to Narumi. You have different personalities here. He is usually in high spirits whereas Narumi looks as if he is going to jump from the roof anytime ( ) and has a hot spirit, leading him to go nose-to-nose with Nobuna.

Ahaha, yeah I did say off the top of my head so I didn't quite put much thought into the details The reason why I jump to Narumi is because of his normal student status being toss into an abnormal situation but with no special powers or skills, and has to use his highschool education to survive. Granted Sagara is alot more enthusiastic about his circumstances.

Situation-wise, Sagara is like Saito- No arguments there. But unless it's a modern weapon, Saito doesn't really bring much of his Earth Knowledge to bear.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 21:54   Link #368
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Sagara is an interesting harem protagonist. He has no combat experience whatsoever, but his knowledge is fearful. It is ironic later on that in the beginning of the Light Novel, Nobuna and the Oda Clan named Sagara "Monkey" as a joke. Later on that joke becomes like a secret identity since Sagara did so many things in the Sengoku era that people are wary of him as a threat, so the nicknamed "Moneky" becomes a security thing. I read off spoilers that said this, so I am not sure if it is correct unless Mechatrill corrects me.
Old 2012-07-25, 22:18   Link #369
Mechatrill

Quote:
Sagara is an interesting harem protagonist. He has no combat experience whatsoever, but his knowledge is fearful. It is ironic later on that in the beginning of the Light Novel, Nobuna and the Oda Clan named Sagara "Monkey" as a joke. Later on that joke becomes like a secret identity since Sagara did so many things in the Sengoku era that people are wary of him as a threat, so the nicknamed "Moneky" becomes a security thing. I read off spoilers that said this, so I am not sure if it is correct unless Mechatrill corrects me.
This...

The only time this came out was when Sagara and Kazumasu met Shingen Takeda in that hot spring. My Chinese isn't good enough for me to really understand all the details, so I went back and reread the part, with help from an online translator someone suggested to me earlier in this thread. Here's what I got out of it.

I think what happened was when Sagara and Kazumasu got found out as Oda people, Sagara proudly declared his name, but Shingen had no idea who he was even though she had people gathering information on Oda for a while now. Kazumasu told him that although he's very famous in Kyoto and the Oda controlled regions, but in the country areas, the name Sagara Yoshiharu is only associated with a foot soldier. Sagara immediately guessed that that's Nobuna's handywork. He then revealed his nickname as "Monkey", and Shingen admitted that she has indeed heard a ton of information on "Monkey".

It's never explicitly said that Nobuna hid his name as security, though. It's quite possible that she might have just done it as a joke. Still, given her general shrewdness when not emotionally charged and her tsundere-ness, I think it's a safe bet to say that both of those played a part in her reasoning.
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 22:18   Link #370
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Look, the issue is that you need a translator who's interested in working on the series. The biggest appeal to most of the translators at B-T is one thing: "Hm, I like this series. I'll work on this." Votes don't matter that much. I don't think IS got more than 60 votes when we first started on it in the first place.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 22:21   Link #371
Undertaker

Quote:
The "monkey" nickname itself was ironic to begin with as it's Hideyoshi's nickname by Nobunaga in history, which is the main reason Sagara realized he took the place of Hideyoshi in this timeline.

But it could just be Nobuna's way of preventing more outside tempetation to Sagara. Either way as Mechatrill said so far there isn't a mention that this is done purposely and it seem more so as a running gag that everyone knows of "Saru", but not "Sagara"
Old 2012-07-25, 22:27   Link #372
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
The "monkey" nickname itself was ironic to begin with as it's Hideyoshi's nickname by Nobunaga in history, which is the main reason Sagara realized he took the place of Hideyoshi in this timeline.
Good info there, I didn't know that. Oh and Teh_Ping, regarding Infinite Stratos it was already popular to begin with. It was one of top 10 on the Oricon charts a couple of times so there was no need for a lot of voting.

Right now, I had sudden realization. I will be off for 2 weeks starting tomorrow due to College for final exams. So any questions regarding the request polls, please ask someone else who is knowledgeable.
Old 2012-07-25, 22:29   Link #373
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Good info there, I didn't know that. Oh and Teh_Ping, even though Infinite Stratos it was already popular to begin with. It was one of top 10 Oricon charts a couple of times so there was no need for a lot of voting.

Right now, I had sudden realization. I will be off for 2 weeks starting tomorrow due to College for final exams. So any questions regarding the request polls, please ask someone else who is knowledgeable.
The funny thing about the IS thing was that I was the one who started that project Regarding the issue about the images, well, I have to say it's too raunchy for my liking.

Good luck with your exams.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 22:36   Link #374
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Setting up future reminder to bump thread at end, and... it's done.

Oh, and I was just rewatching the episodes for the fourth time and I took notice that Nobuna says: "Then if my dream never comes true, you won't be able to go home." Now, I may just paranoid, but something tells me that is something worth noting when it comes time for the ending...
Old 2012-07-25, 22:51   Link #375
Murakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
Okay, me again. I know I said I'm not going any further, but I couldn't help it...

So here's volume 5, chapters 1-4

Spoiler:

And that's the last of my summaries, period. Unless someone can find me a Chinese translation of the rest of volume 5 (I can't find anymore on the lightnovel Chinese site), this is as far as I read for Oda Nobuna no Yabou. I'll be eagerly awaiting any further spoilers, summaries, or actual translations eagerly with everyone else.

Spoiler for spoiler of volume 4 + history:
Old 2012-07-26, 00:05   Link #376
Mechatrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murakumo View Post
Spoiler for spoiler of volume 4 + history:
Spoiler:
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 00:44   Link #377
whsie

From my impressions of the Chinese translations, takeda seems to be the most powerful warlord in the story.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 00:56   Link #378
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
From my impressions of the Chinese translations, takeda seems to be the most powerful warlord in the story.
Remember: Power isn't the only necessary to rule a nation. Power =/= threat level, or proficiency, it's just means in a fair 1v1 fight, that person would probably win. If it came down to MC vs. Shingen, unfair means allowed, even without Deus Ex Machina, I'd place my money on the MC. Why? Because he's more dangerous, Sunomata Castle is a perfect example: just by having basic knowledge of building practices he created a legend in Japanese history. Heck, he gained MASSIVE points in Nobuna's books just by knowing that the world was round! What if he teaches Oda how to make magazines, or smokeless powders? What about trenches? I mean, half the lethality of guns in that era is because they don't know about trench warfare! That's why is hard to defends locations... Even worse, what if he teaches them guerilla warfare, ex: Takeda goes for Gifu Castle, empty out the castle, sprinkle the forest floor with gunpowder or oil. The cavalry of the Takeda would never notice what they're trampling on, then light a match on the floor, BAM inescapable forest fire, and the entire army is screwed. Honestly, we take the whole "goes-to-the-past-with-basic-knowledge" thing pretty lightly, but just teaching them a few small things could be catastrophic. So yes, while Shingen is currently the most powerful daimyo, she is not the most dangerous, or the most likely to win BY FAR.

P.S. Man, what is it with me and ranting tonight?

P.P.S. I just had a though: what if he makes a paper airplane for fun in front of an engineer or something... O GOD NO.
Old 2012-07-26, 01:18   Link #379
wagnerr
philosopher stone power

1. negotiator
2. gun
3. strategist
4. economy
5. technology
cmiiw
hideyoshi is one of the reason nobunaga success
genius negotiator and strategist
wagnerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 01:19   Link #380
Sumeragi
Banned

Volume 1 Illustrations

Spoiler for The Beauty and the Beast:

Spoiler for Battle of Okehazama:

Spoiler for The Princess of Princesses:

Spoiler for Your Local Loli Ninja:

Spoiler for The Monkey and the Warrior:

Spoiler for The Pinch of the Tiger!:

Spoiler for Loli "Bride":

Spoiler for The Oath:

Spoiler for The Tiger Fighting the Shadow!:

Spoiler for The Monkey, the Wife, and the Lord:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem