AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-06-09, 16:19   Link #21
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
wat's the difference between vol.1 to vol. 2?
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 16:22   Link #22
method

Vol 1 covers the fights with Oren, and Vernita. Vol 2 covers Bill, Budd, and Elle.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 16:29   Link #23
wnkryo
HainShodan

I'm the only one I know who thought it sucked.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 22:05   Link #24
Archuka
A territory most absolute

I saw the uncut version and yeah, it was awesome. One of the best films ever. Even I could easily tell Uma couldn't pronounce Japanese properly, which annoyed me a bit (also the unrealistic switching between Japanese and English). Otherwise the movie was pure beauty. It was so different from the average Hollywood garbage that is made these days.

I heard that in the cut version you can't see Lucy Liu's brain when she gets a piece of her head sliced off. Otherwise they are pretty similar I think.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 22:53   Link #25
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka
I saw the uncut version and yeah, it was awesome. One of the best films ever. Even I could easily tell Uma couldn't pronounce Japanese properly, which annoyed me a bit (also the unrealistic switching between Japanese and English). Otherwise the movie was pure beauty. It was so different from the average Hollywood garbage that is made these days.

I heard that in the cut version you can't see Lucy Liu's brain when she gets a piece of her head sliced off. Otherwise they are pretty similar I think.
Isn't she American though? Cut her some slack. In vol 2 her mandarin was horrible. But who cares, I can't expect her to be fluent.

And if you go to Hong Kong, people switch between Cantonese and English all the time. Hell there are even sentences where an English word is just thrown in there but it has the Cantonese Accent. It's really strange.

Vol 2 is a lot more talking. It digs deeper into the Brides character then Part 1. You understand why Bill went to kill her, why she wants to kill Bill, and a bunch of other stuff.

The old man kicks ass too.

However Vol 1 > Vol 2
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 00:27   Link #26
HoboGod
Necromancer

indeed, that old man was condescending as all hell, why couldn't more of the movie be about him.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 01:15   Link #27
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

One question though... How did that woman become so powerful? I mean the one who wants to kill Bill?

And did anyone else think that that 17-year old twisted girl was sexy ?
Old 2004-06-10, 01:23   Link #28
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
One question though... How did that woman become so powerful? I mean the one who wants to kill Bill?

And did anyone else think that that 17-year old twisted girl was sexy ?
You learn that in Vol 2. don't wanna spoil, best you go find a movie theater that still shows it.

No the 17 year old girl, Gogo is a freaky bitch. Lucy Liu on the other hand....
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 01:30   Link #29
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Basically ... I'd rewatch the movie just to see Pai Mai and Gogo ...

Of all the characters ... those 2 were teh pwn.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 02:31   Link #30
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Gogo was definitely great in that movie... but I wouldn't call Kill Bill Vol. 1 the "best action movie ever" ...

on the topic of lucy liu and her brains showing when she got chopped... they showed that in the theatres didn't they? I'm pretty sure I saw that when I saw it in the theatres on opening day... and what are these cut and uncut versions you guys are talking about? I've never heard of such versions... special dvds?
Old 2004-06-10, 09:08   Link #31
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
The only negative points that this movie has are its story and its stereotypical all mighty American guy whom is much stronger than the best Japanese samuray -_-. It is not original at all, especially if you watch a lot of anime. At the same time it is very unrealistic, but hey who cares? It is an action movie right?
Bill wasn't neccesarily the strongest person in those movies. Bill's former master Pai Mei(?) in volume two could wipe the floor with Bill. The other two characters (Honzo the swordmaker and the pimp guy in Volume two) who were also both former teachers of Bill and could probably wipe the floor with him as well. Besides the characters seen in the movie there could exist others outside the story's characters that were stronger than Bill. We don't know/care about those characters because the Bride doesn't care about them either.

Also the movie paid homage to far more than anime. As many others mentioned already the samurai/kung fu movies but also westerns as well. The entire revenge/flashback sequence was from Death Rides a Horse. That movie seemed to also influence O-Ren's parents' murder scene as well. (My only complaint about the soundtrack was that the theme from Death Rides a Horse wasn't on there despite being in the film )

Far as I know the only difference between the cut and uncut is the same as others have said. The black and white sequence during the crazy 88's fight is still in color in the Japanese version. So I'd much rather have the "cut" version myself since it seemed like a better nod towards Japanese samurai films.

Don't care much for the people that seem to think Tarantino should make movies "their" way rather than his own. The guy is gonna make the movies he wants to make the way he wants to make them. If it's not your brand of liquor, than oh well, maybe next time. If it's your kinda flick, you buy the ticket, you take the ride. Personally, can't wait for his next flick which is supposidly a WW2 version of "the good, the bad, and the ugly" which is one of my all time favorite movies (Hell watch it just for that theme music!!.

Edit: sorry had to edit out the bride's name, forgot some of you haven't seen volume 2 yet even if it is pretty obvious from the first one
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 22:00   Link #32
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

uncut?

Just wondering, can you buy the uncut version through amazon or such? And whats the difference between the normal and uncut versions? I haven't seen any of them yet and I feel so left out , lol. I was just wondering which version you would reccomend and if the uncut has english audio.
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 23:57   Link #33
Daemon
Design Master

I agree, I consider KILL BILL the best movie ever, for all the actions and story telling elements included.

Tarantino is one great director, you really should see other films he has made.
Daemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 03:40   Link #34
Shadowlord
~DESU

I laughed soo hard when i saw these movies. They have to be the worst movies ever. The plot is horrible, and by far the worst part of all is the script. What they say in the movie is retarded, obviously this script was written by non other than George W Bush, because it has moron and Idiotic written all over it. Many of the sentences they say sound stupid and make little sense. Not only that, Uma is a horrible actress, at least in this movie. I could bash this POS for hours, but everything i want to say is getting jumbled and its hard to write a post with soo much disguist inside of me, especially when there is soo much wrong. This movie was all action, but in a bad way . The fight scenes were the worst, they obviously don't know what to do with swords, so its hack and slash, no grace. Quinten should quite movies, because he obviously sucks at making them.
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 08:26   Link #35
Blodvatten

The one who does the movie is Gogo. *drool drool drool*
I could rape her :D..
Or.. maybe I couldn't > .>
She would kill me before I even would get started.
But.. She's damn the sexiest girl ever :D
I love her * .*
Blodvatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 10:25   Link #36
method

Aznfilms.com has the boxset and single disc editions up for sale.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 11:31   Link #37
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

lol it wasn't the best action movie ever, but it was really good and fun to watch. The story telling is crap but the fight scenes totally make up for it. It IS an action movie after all
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 12:00   Link #38
Joe Dalton

Bad Boys 2 was also a pure action film, but because they had a good director it was still cool to watch...
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 13:40   Link #39
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord
I laughed soo hard when i saw these movies. They have to be the worst movies ever. The plot is horrible, and by far the worst part of all is the script. What they say in the movie is retarded, obviously this script was written by non other than George W Bush, because it has moron and Idiotic written all over it. Many of the sentences they say sound stupid and make little sense. Not only that, Uma is a horrible actress, at least in this movie. I could bash this POS for hours, but everything i want to say is getting jumbled and its hard to write a post with soo much disguist inside of me, especially when there is soo much wrong. This movie was all action, but in a bad way . The fight scenes were the worst, they obviously don't know what to do with swords, so its hack and slash, no grace. Quinten should quite movies, because he obviously sucks at making them.
I said in my review that this movie was not realistic at all. So you don't need to worry, because it is an ACTION MOVIE But the action secuences are superb, the fight with swords was really well coordinated and sometimes even funny
Old 2004-06-13, 14:32   Link #40
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by method
Vol 1 covers the fights with Oren, and Vernita. Vol 2 covers Bill, Budd, and Elle.
I thought in Kill Bill 2... there she'll kill Bill and the other assassins...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote