AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 06
10: Amazing... 3 4.62%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 4 6.15%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 11 16.92%
7 out of 10: Good... 16 24.62%
6 out of 10: Average... 14 21.54%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 7 10.77%
4 out of 10: Poor... 5 7.69%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 1.54%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 2 3.08%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 2 3.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-13, 16:13   Link #41
GundamFan

I enjoyed the episode. The pace is a bit fast but it needs to be if your going get through 3 generations of characters in around 50 episodes.
Liked the Desperado, and as far as Emily goes all I can awww Flit's girlfriend is trying run his life he might as well get used.
You know my first thought was Grudech is a weasel for selling MS data for his private war then it occured to me it might be just the data for a standard Genoace which is pretty much a lemon compared to tech used in a Gundam.
It looks like the G-Exes is probably going turn out to be the Tallgeese jr.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 16:18   Link #42
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Interesting world building. Unlike the UC and Seed continuities where Earth is pitted with colonies its the space colonies that had a civil war in space.

No indication yet if the Federation came after as a direct consequence of the treaty or colonies were independent in the first place, with the Federation staying out of the fighting generally.

We also learn much like in UC the Gundam is hero unit. One that is legendary.

Another thing we learn why the Federation's MS sucks is that it may be strung up in legalities to use MS technologies of old.

It almost sounds like the Inner Sphere in Battletech where there is a mech technology stagnation that old mechs are far more advance than current ones. The equivalent of the Clans here is the UE who has far more advanced technology than the locals.
I ranted and raved last night on the unicorn thread how I feared AGE would become a rehash of IS vs Clans. Needs more Timberwolf
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 17:03   Link #43
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
1. AGE weapons are ineffective against UE mobile suits.
2. AGE Builder creates new weapons.
3. UE brings out new mobile suits.
4. Repeat step 1 for 100 years, 3 generations, and 50 episodes?
That sounds just about right, the AGE System is suppose to be more reactionary than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
It's kinda slow and I'm not a fan of this kind of drawing 'cause it looks like it's made for kids.
Flit & Emily's little fight was also kinda childish.
-if your referring to the teenage character designs, they were indeed made for kids.
-Seem like the usual boy upsets girl, then girl says "Suit yourself!" and goes sulk before the boy tries to find the girl and make things right again cliche to me.
Old 2011-11-13, 17:42   Link #44
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

A seven for the episode.

It moved at a good pace but it was more or less set-up for the things to come.

I'm surpise that the Gundam doesn't have a proper beam saber, thats standard for the lead Gundam. Instead its got those silly beam daggers.

The best part was Grodek in my opinion. Though his desire is revenge, he is not doing it blindly. He's being very calculated and tactical about it. He just keeps impressing me more and more.

The ending of the episode left me saying 'WTF' but then I started to think that maybe the Zalam group is blaming Flit just so they can get their hands on the Gundam and use it for their silly civil war. Hell they were recorded so thats the only thing that makes sense.

I'm actually hoping that UE mobile Suit come back and just deal with those idiots even though it might spell the end of the colony.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 17:53   Link #45
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I like how lighthearted everything is. On the other maybe it's not actually light hearted but but just the lack of drama or the whole "we don't really take ourselves too seriously". Either way it's pretty enjoyable for me, particularly when I'm watching it 1 episode at a time and not the complete package.

I find it quite interesting purely because frankly I completely forgot how shows like this actually work. Well, oops. If this was a serious show eventually we would get this gray over the top antagonist, since it's a robot battle type probably an entire nation/army/civilization war or something, and by the end the protagonist would be shooting rainbows out of his ass as he flyies though the skies killing 50 enemies at once and spewing all sorts of anti-war nonsense. But since this is not that kind of show, god knows WTF Flint is going to be doing at the end. Right now I'm loving the "I'm going to go and beat up bad guys" theme it's got going for it, I hope that never dies.

I like Emily's character too. The voice acting is pretty top notch fitting; really brings out the character moreso then the story or actual dialog. Same for the other characters.

I did find one tiny plot hole in all of this, well not so much a plot hole as priority problem. When Flint was about to fight the peons there it seemed strange he didn't really think "oh wait, if I shoot them their pilots will die"

Quote:
Mobile suit Gundam was way better than this one.
Aren't they all called "Mobile Suit Gundam"?

Quote:
It's kinda slow and I'm not a fan of this kind of drawing 'cause it looks like it's made for kids.
IT IS made for kids dangit. The main characters are even kids.

Quote:
Flit & Emily's little fight was also kinda childish.
Really? How many braincells did you burn to come to that realization.

Honestly what the hell do you want them to talk about?
Flint: Emily, sorry but I can't be your hubby. I must go and fight tin cans of death from space to eradicate all war. We need to make them understand that spilling blood and oil is not the way and that we're all human; well half of us anyway.
Emily: Oh Flint but what are we gonna do with the wedding preparations? You lowlife, you NEET! All you do is sit in the gundam all day. You need to get a real job where you actually get payed. How are we gonna feed our 12 blonde children and support my future housewife status! Do you want to drag our family across the universe in that space-sardine; top of the line federation battlecruiser my ass. The professor's electric jolkswagen beetle has more armor on it.
Quote:
The fighting was ok.
What fighting? The best fighting was chibi muscle dood sticking a lazor shovel and drawing out his collectors edition minecraft lazor picaxe.

I tell you, if he just drew his lazor crowbar everything would have been fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Wow, literally everything in this episode happened out of plot convenience and made no logical sense. I'm so dumbfolded I don't know where to start, lol.
Everything makes perfect sense if you don't take it too seriously actually.
Old 2011-11-13, 18:01   Link #46
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Mobile suit Gundam was way better than this one.
I feel quite the opposite on this since I'm trying to make myself watch episode 22, but everytime I gather up the energy another anime catches my eye. 0079 is boring as hell I found its sequel Zeta to be 100x better then again this is just my personal opinion.

Quote:
-Seem like the usual boy upsets girl, then girl says "Suit yourself!" and goes sulk before the boy tries to find the girl and make things right again cliche to me.
lol this cliche happens in every anime/manga out there so its no surprise seeing it here. xD

Well anyways either Emily is pumping iron or that kid is light. xD

That guy had balls to fight the mobile suits in a work only one. Pfft heat shovel right through the head.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 18:16   Link #47
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
Well anyways either Emily is pumping iron or that kid is light. xD
This is the future, it's normal. Her only defect seems to be she's a worrywart (when it comes to Flint anyway), but she's not weak nor afraid of anything as it seems. From the preview looks like she's going to bust Flint's sorry ass out of jail or something like that. Emily is pretty much 12-year old version of Wonder Woman.
Old 2011-11-13, 19:02   Link #48
Key Board
Carbon

I think it should be clear by now that UE are pulling the strings around Diva and manipulating things to go their way

Anyone get the impression that UE may be like the Corner faction of Celestial Being?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 19:27   Link #49
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

the UE appearing and then vanishing all of a sudden, then flit getting framed just .. felt stupid.

i'm disliking this show more and more for each episode :/ i'm going to give it a chance until the second generation starts, if that doesn't pick it up this will be the first gundam show i wont finish watching.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 19:38   Link #50
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Just finished the episode now. I liked it a lot more than the previous one. Mainly because of the Baqto and the Zalem and Euba MS, I LOVE the sound effect you hear when their mono-eyes light up. Plus, solid ammo firing guns, everyone loves those!

As for the possible situation of the Zalem having a UE in their possession due to retreating right before it arrived, I didn't really get that feeling. I saw the situation as them seeing the Baqto before the Gundam, and got the hell out of there, but stuck around just in case either MS won so they could get their hands on it.

But anyway I liked this ep a lot. Good action, awesome new UE, no mysterious stuff to bring about more questions, etc.

8/10 for me.

The highlight of the episode for me was Flit telling Emily that he's gonna stick around the Diva by his own will. Regardless of the dangers, good man. Of course Emily was still "But you have to consult me before making important decisions about YOUR LIFE, how dare you!"

Regardless, I think she's gonna realize that there is nothing she can do to stop him.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 19:48   Link #51
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I'm going to be pretty upset if Flit surrenders after being surrounded by 5 measily MS's that won't even put a dent in the Gundam.

His Gundam got stolen, now possibly captured(already???).
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 19:50   Link #52
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I'm going to be pretty upset if Flit surrenders after being surrounded by 5 measily MS's that won't even put a dent in the Gundam.
From the next episode preview, doesn't look like he was taken captive. Considering how he feels with the Gundam being in another person's hands, I'm fairly certain those MS are going down.
Old 2011-11-13, 20:16   Link #53
ion475
にこにこにー

Well, start with the preview, Largen seems screwed...(Probably not, unless they're THAT stupid to show a death in the freaking preview...)

Now back to the episode...
1. The Fadain civil war seems to be out of nowhere. Oh, suddenly, you have a bunch of freaking MS fighting each other?
2. The random UE. Of course, this time, it's able to stop Dots Rifle. Hey, I mean, it have to just so that the Gundam get some new weapon...
3. Grodek is still awesome. I always love cunning people more anyway.
4. Finally comes the point that I really can't stand - Seriously, you just send out a freaking WMD just b/c a freaking kids ask for it, then no one seems to even care about it afterward (Other than "Wait, Gundam? When did it happen? Who cares, Flit can just destroy those stupid Zakus anyway").
5. Well, of course, depending on next episode, we'll see what Zeon Zalam do with Gundam. If it is me, I would force Flit out of it, execute him, then use it to wipe out those Eubas. (On the other hand, if I am Flit, I'll just use Dots Rifle and wipe those 5 MSs out already. I mean, like those Zaku Gala/Zela can even scratch Gundam...)
6. And I wish the episode would have been a life lesson for Flit. So far, no...

I don't know, 6/10 is higher than the episode REALLY deserve. At least Grodek is watchable, Emily didn't annoy me this episode. Other than that, though, while it's nice to finally have a Gundam series that doesn't involve 1 Gundam destroying 500 MS in 30 seconds, the plot is also too simplistic...

Last edited by ion475; 2011-11-13 at 20:27.
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 20:23   Link #54
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Well, start with the preview, Largen seems screwed...(Probably not, unless they're THAT stupid to show a death in the freaking preview...)

Now back to the episode...
1. The Fadain civil war seems to be out of nowhere. Oh, suddenly, you have a bunch of freaking MS fighting each other?
2. The random UE. Of course, this time, it's able to stop Dots Rifle. Hey, I mean, it have to just so that the Gundam get some new weapon...
3. Grodek is still awesome. I always love cunning people more anyway.
4. Finally comes the point that I really can't stand - Seriously, you just send out a freaking WMD just b/c a freaking kids ask for it, then no one seems to even care about it afterward (Other than "Wait, Gundam? When did it happen? Who cares, Flit can just destroy those stupid Zakus anyway").
5. Well, of course, depending on next episode, we'll see what Zeon Zalam do with Gundam. If it is me, I would force Flit out of it, execute him, then use it to wipe out those Eubas. (On the other hand, if I am Flit, I'll just use Dots Rifle and wipe those 5 MSs out already. I mean, like those Zaku Gala/Zela can even scratch Gundam...)
6. And I wish the episode would have been a life lesson for Flit. So far, no...
It may have come out of nowhere in the show, but we've known of the civil war for a few weeks now.

Flit can't use the DODDS rifle because it's too powerful. It would tear through the Zaku's and then pass through the metal protection for the buildings.
Old 2011-11-13, 20:42   Link #55
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
It may have come out of nowhere in the show, but we've known of the civil war for a few weeks now.

Flit can't use the DODDS rifle because it's too powerful. It would tear through the Zaku's and then pass through the metal protection for the buildings.
Lol do you thing maybe we should start a general FAQ for Gundam. Not to pump our own tires but are we not just lightning quick with the clarifications and corrections. It'd be like something we could refer people too whenever the same tired, "things that don't make any sense (tm)" but actually do pop up.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 21:54   Link #56
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I was not expecting the Baqto to be a lightning bruiser.
Old 2011-11-13, 21:54   Link #57
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Lol do you thing maybe we should start a general FAQ for Gundam. Not to pump our own tires but are we not just lightning quick with the clarifications and corrections. It'd be like something we could refer people too whenever the same tired, "things that don't make any sense (tm)" but actually do pop up.
Are you even sure it's worth it because in my experience people will always find something to nit pick about...
Old 2011-11-13, 22:50   Link #58
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Don't believe in the previous gundam heroines' personalities, Emily is what a real wife would look like in the gundam universe

In the second arc, we will probably seeing more nagging from her...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 23:11   Link #59
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Needs more delicious old nation ships
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 23:53   Link #60
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post

How in the world can the colony conduct business and what not when you got giant Mobile Suits conducting "duels" every 5 minutes where the street gets locked up?

And on that matter, was there any details in regards to the Diva's mission? What was the Federation's plan for it to begin with? I mean in Gundam SEED/Year One it was the pilot project for the Alliance/Federation to build new MS but for this? I mean it seems Grodeck is already doing the mission unless it was for something else aside from engaging the UE>
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion