AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2012-04-16, 16:23   Link #1121
Warrof

Im too lazy to look through this whole forum topic for my question so here we go,

I was wondering: 1. If the full voice version will work on Windows 7 after patching it? 2. Can you use the Full Voice ver. patch on the Memorial Edition?

I've already played through the game but i wanted to buy it and it seems easier to get the memorial edition.
Warrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 00:08   Link #1122
Jecht2

I can answer Question 1 for you... Yes it does work on Windows 7!

~EDIT~

Just did a little look over on the Baka-Tsuki wiki, Memorial Edition is not currently supported.

Last edited by Jecht2; 2012-04-17 at 00:29. Reason: Adding more information.
Jecht2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 10:07   Link #1123
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Thank you for your helpfulness, Jecht2! It's currently a solo effort, so I appreciate you taking time to answer project queries.

@Avuridash, editing on the Wiki is open to public and is very welcome. You can also submit screen caps in a "New Ticket" at http://www.assembla.com/spaces/clannad_mk2/tickets

@ Warrof, the new technologies used in the Memorial Edition are incompatible with the translation tools available, unfortunately. I'm looking at getting it to work, but it's unlikely to happen within the next year.

I think it's ok to use the Full Voice version after buying the Memorial Edition, but that's just my personal stance.

Last edited by Polarem; 2012-04-17 at 10:10. Reason: More info
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 00:16   Link #1124
Jecht2

No worries! I like to keep myself upto date on this project so it's only natural to help answer questions that others may have.
Old 2012-04-26, 12:07   Link #1125
Shmoof

I have a couple questions if anyone is available to assist.

I have my discs for Full Voice and the latest patch ready to go. Unfortunately, my computer isn't recognizing any of the characters. And even if it did, I clearly do not speak or read Japanese. Could anyone help with which button is which to install everything? I've been fooling around with it for a little while but it seems I hit the uninstall key after a half hour and everything's gone down the drain now.
Shmoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 16:14   Link #1126
Madman6510
Child of Man

You should probably set your system to the Japanese system locale and install the required language files (XP only) first to prevent installation issues.

System locale: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...-system-locale
East Asian language support for XP: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true

After you get that sorted out, the "install" button should be the one in the dead center of the install menu, IIRC.
Madman6510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 23:10   Link #1127
Shmoof

Got it working. Thank you!
Shmoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 05:04   Link #1128
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Hi guys, for some reason the old website link stopped working. Please use http://clannad.game-maps.net/ instead. Spread the word!

Also, apologies for the slow progress. I'll be a lot freer towards the end of June, and I hope to get cracking on the project then. Thanks for your patience!
Old 2012-05-02, 08:32   Link #1129
Saito123

is there a english translation for Clannad PSP VERSION,if yes how do i install it
Saito123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 21:32   Link #1130
Jecht2

No sorry. Translation is for PC only.
Old 2012-05-04, 14:05   Link #1131
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Damn!!! I'm just starting to play Clannad VN now and seeing Nagisa is already making me cry.... I'm just so happy!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 20:46   Link #1132
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Damn!!! I'm just starting to play Clannad VN now and seeing Nagisa is already making me cry.... I'm just so happy!!!
*Facebook like*
Old 2012-05-28, 01:24   Link #1133
Ogred

Need help! How i may fix this font (russian translation)
big distance between symbols is
Spoiler for screenshot:
Ogred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 06:15   Link #1134
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogred View Post
Need help! How i may fix this font (russian translation)
big distance between symbols...
VNs by Key are often translated into other languages with the help of special software called rlBabel. Unfortunately, that has only been designed to properly handle Chinese, Korean and English... Russian isn't properly supported. Ask the Russian translation team and see if they have found a way to deal with this: http://5uddiuzqr7dickl1.vasilloff.narod2.ru/

The Spanish team (http://blog.keysf.com/) might know something too. Good luck!
Old 2012-06-02, 14:32   Link #1135
Saito123

Clannad Full Voice

Firts of all, I know this should go to the Clannad game thread, but I fear as it's retired, that nobody will answer, so I thought of posting it here.
So yesterday, I got Clannad Full Voice for PC and I wanted to ask if someone knows a walktrough, that's precise.
Saito123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 18:55   Link #1136
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I got a walkthrough from the web. Don't know if its allowed.
Spoiler for My current routes:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 20:17   Link #1137
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saito123 View Post
Firts of all, I know this should go to the Clannad game thread, but I fear as it's retired, that nobody will answer, so I thought of posting it here.
So yesterday, I got Clannad Full Voice for PC and I wanted to ask if someone knows a walktrough, that's precise.
I've personally used this spoiler-free guide to run through the game. It can be a bit hard to figure out what one should pick at times but it works decent enough and it doesn't spoil anything imho.
Old 2012-06-07, 17:45   Link #1138
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Hi folks, I bring you a big announcement:

This project now has been officially transferred into the capable hands of Doki Fansubs. They will bring the full weight of their fansubbing experience and VN translating experience to bring this patch to completion. With a sizeable team of translators, editors, and quality checkers, they will be able to finish this project at a much faster rate, at much higher quality.

I'll be working under the leadership of Doki Fansubs from now on.

Check out their website, give them your support, and let's all root for the day that Clannad English will be available in high quality!

Last edited by Polarem; 2012-06-07 at 17:53. Reason: Formatting
Old 2012-07-15, 15:25   Link #1139
Neetani

Actually. Can I still use this thread to explain my situation? n_n

I installed the game + followed a guide to install this game. I eventually did 1 failure in not switching language settings, but the game still installed without a warning o.e. - Anyways: When I now try to start the game, my desktop will turn black + switch between on and off.

I know that's a settings thingy, where I should change sizes 'cause my TV can't handle the normal game settings, but I really don't know where to switch or if it's something completely different.

I'd really be thankful for incoming help and wait 'til then.
Neetani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 08:00   Link #1140
Jecht2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neetani View Post
Actually. Can I still use this thread to explain my situation? n_n

I installed the game + followed a guide to install this game. I eventually did 1 failure in not switching language settings, but the game still installed without a warning o.e. - Anyways: When I now try to start the game, my desktop will turn black + switch between on and off.

I know that's a settings thingy, where I should change sizes 'cause my TV can't handle the normal game settings, but I really don't know where to switch or if it's something completely different.

I'd really be thankful for incoming help and wait 'til then.
The game might be trying to run in full screen mode. Pressing Alt+Enter will switch it to windowed mode.

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation