AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Old 2012-10-10, 18:01   Link #21
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Considering how Little Busters and Rewrite went, it is doubtful they are going with the season pattern anytime in the future.
Old 2012-10-10, 18:04   Link #22
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Technically, Rewrite falls under the autumn category already - though the seasonal aspect is not so much emphasized as the time of the harvest festival.
Old 2012-10-11, 08:59   Link #23
Insane
Banned

Pretty unusual for a Key series having a girlish looking protagonist with a female seiyuu instead of the cool one’s we’re used to. I somehow feel that Kyosuke is most suited as the MC.

After watched Episode 1 i, who never play this VN, haven’t yet to get any clues what this anime is all about. Baseball? Fighting? Harem? Adventure? Or all of it? So, I guess I had to watch more Episode then.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 05:33   Link #24
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Pretty unusual for a Key series having a girlish looking protagonist with a female seiyuu instead of the cool one’s we’re used to. I somehow feel that Kyosuke is most suited as the MC.

After watched Episode 1 i, who never play this VN, haven’t yet to get any clues what this anime is all about. Baseball? Fighting? Harem? Adventure? Or all of it? So, I guess I had to watch more Episode then.
To become the protagonist, you don't need to possess coolness or manly charm just like any other MC in most Key's works. What matter is your "charisma" and ability to manage your harem. Also, probably you didn't notice this, but Riki is definitely the most "normal" out of the male members in Little Busters. And because of that, Riki with his normalness can become voice of reason of his pals, thus making him best suited as the MC. It's just my opinion as an avid VN player, so please take it with a pinch of salt.

Just my 5 cents. The guy who uttered “Kyousuke is back” is none other than Sugita Tomokazu, who is credited in the credits. We also have Clannad girls Hirohashi Ryou, Kanda Akemi and Nonaka Ai cameoing as Sasara’s cute minions.
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 07:01   Link #25
Insane
Banned

To be honest, it’s rather disappointing for me in term of visual and animation though it’s by no means bad. Love the musics and our charmingly simple-minded characters. The characters also quite likeable. As for Rin and Masato, you might be able to get some hints but Masato being the object of violence is one of the running gags of the series (like setting him on fire). Rin is shy and not yet at the age where she is really interested in the opposite sex. I really hope it won’t turn into a harem with Riki going out with all the girls or something.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 07:08   Link #26
backbone
Banned

Quote:
To be honest, it’s rather disappointing for me in term of visual and animation though it’s by no means bad.
Honestly, I suppose it will all depend on how well JC Staff does with the adaptation. A major part of LB is about close friendship and lighthearted school life. No disrespect to JC Staff, but a way to deal with expectation of this adaptation is to see JC Staff as a 3-4 star hotel and Kyo-Ani as a 5-6 star hotel.

If you know you’re going to lodge in a 3-4 star hotel and you expect 5-6 star service, you’re most likely going to be very disappointed. But if you go in fully expecting them to deliver 3-4 star quality, then you would most likely be satisfied with the work they’ve done.

Quote:
Love the musics and our charmingly simple-minded characters. The characters also quite likeable. As for Rin and Masato, you might be able to get some hints but Masato being the object of violence is one of the running gags of the series (like setting him on fire). Rin is shy and not yet at the age where she is really interested in the opposite sex. I really hope it won’t turn into a harem with Riki going out with all the girls or something.
As for Rin, I don’t think it comes so much from her age, but more just from her personality – she’s antisocial and a little awkward, that’s all. She’s the same age as the other characters, who each show varying levels of interest in the opposite gender. And about Riki, he is a departure from the usual cool, hunkish, and occasionally snarky Key male lead. At first glance, one would have thought Kyousuke to be the main character as he fits all those characteristics. That said, Riki is extremely likeable, and Maeda Jun didn’t just make him androgynous for no reason. Riki should be kept as pure and adorable as he already is. Besides, his androgynous feature means he has lots of potential, if you know what I mean. Considering Horie Yui’s previous prominent male role is in OtoBoku…
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 10:13   Link #27
Serphirs

Some preview images of the 3rd episode.

Was announced the animation director to this chapter?
To me, it looks by far the best (in visual aspects) until now. Even with just those few images...

I bet to some director of Zero no Tsukaima or even, Shakugan no Shana. Some faces resemble the style that I saw in some chapters of those shows. However, I can't find out who is...
Serphirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 10:48   Link #28
OPN

The animation director actually wasn't announced but i think it might be someone from zero no tsukamia.
Old 2012-10-19, 10:58   Link #29
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serphirs View Post

HARUKAAAA!!! OMG! I was not expecting her to appear in the next episode, I thought it was going to focus on Anego. Now I'm really excited, I've been a kinda bored with how the show has been going, now all that's going to change with my favorite character finally appearing.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 11:06   Link #30
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serphirs View Post

Was announced the animation director to this chapter?
To me, it looks by far the best (in visual aspects) until now. Even with just those few images...

I bet to some director of Zero no Tsukaima or even, Shakugan no Shana. Some faces resemble the style that I saw in some chapters of those shows. However, I can't find out who is...
I see Haruka. So they're not going to just introduce one new heroine per episode and spend a quarter of the show just on character-introductions. Good to know.
Old 2012-10-22, 05:10   Link #31
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Hmm I'm having trouble fleshing out a character for Riki. So far I feel like he doesn't have any personality, at all. He's so... under the radar. It's not a problem, but interesting. All the past Key anime MCs stood out, it was something I really liked about watching the anime.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 06:50   Link #32
Serphirs

Episode 4
Script: Shimada Michiru
Episode director: Hashimoto Keiichi
Storyboard: Yamakawa Yoshiki
Animation director: Itou Kaori, Kajitani Mitsuharu

Second episode storyboarded by the main director. That's good.

Looks really fine in "visual" aspects, Kaori Itou directed some Tsuritama, Shana final and Yumekui Merry chapters. And Kajitani Mitsuharu directed several Nodame Cantabile chapters, and did the Key animation of the Aria OP.
Old 2012-10-28, 04:23   Link #33
Crontica

The animation looks slightly better this episode especially with komari's hairstyle.
Old 2012-10-31, 07:25   Link #34
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
The show will be longer than the initial 2 cours

Quote:
Kawase Kohei, the producer of Warner Entertainment Japan, revealed in a web radio program that there will be an announcement at the end of the final episode of Little Busters!. He said "We know it's impossible to cover the whole story with the current pace. We have promised to animate the entire scenario of the game. I cannot make it clear here but you know what I mean, right? If you watch the 26th episode, there will be a message that you want. Please don't be suspicious. The arcs of your favorite characters will surely be animated. We know 26 episodes are too short."
Old 2012-10-31, 07:49   Link #35
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yup, this is basically what everyone should have expected based on all the hints/comments beforehand. ANN has an article about the same up now too. I'm a bit surprised he leaked it, but I suppose it's better that way (because VN fans were starting to get anxious because of the speed at which it's diving into the first arc). J.C.Staff never does shows longer than two cours in one shot anyway, so the original 26-episode count didn't really mean anything in this regard to start with, just the length of the first part.

I suppose this can also be taken as confirmation that they'll animate all the routes in the expansion as well as the original, which was again suspected from previous comments.
Old 2012-10-31, 13:44   Link #36
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

so we can finally stop to worry xD
Old 2012-11-02, 11:05   Link #37
Serphirs

Episode 5
Script: Shimada Michiru
Episode director: Matsuo Kenichi
Storyboard: Matsuzawa Kenichi
Animation director: Yasuno Masato

Curiously the animation director for this episode, never has done a "direction" before. That means, this is his debut. For me, the art looks average just like ep-2, but could have some nice "Key animated" moments, since JCstaff tends to look very good and very bad in a single chapter.

The same with Masato Kenichi (ep.director) he not even has information in ANN. xD That's worrying considering that we already are in important chapters. Could be a hit or miss.

Matsuzawa Kenichi (story) did directions to Okami-san, Moshidora, Sola, Ef: tale, but commonly just a single chapter.

In general, an average (or inexperienced) staff this week.
Old 2012-11-02, 23:30   Link #38
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Muscle is the guest on this week's radio, and Rin and Kud are gone, so it's Kanna and Midorikawa and their Brotherly Love.
Old 2012-11-04, 22:30   Link #39
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Now I see why he said that 26eps wont be enough a whole year woundnt be enough
Old 2012-11-04, 23:04   Link #40
supermegasonic

what was with those eyes at the end??