AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-03-29, 22:18   Link #1401
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

If you're using Vista, I believe it has selective volume control?
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 00:01   Link #1402
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
I've thought of changing the name of the BGM folder, but decided against it, as I don't really want to mess with it that much, and maybe even risk a reinstall, replay.

Well no as I said, I don't hate it (actually I rather like it, it is completely needed to feel the creepy atmosphere), but whenever I'm alt tabbing or whatever I'm surfing on the internet in the meantime (it's usually rare when I'm entirely immersely focused on VNs, therefore I keep alttabing like every hour for a bit depends on my focus), however I'm a bit lazy to save quit, relaunch and reload 5 minutes later, just because I wanted to do something else which needs sound. That's why I was hoping if there might be somesort of hidden inbuilt volume setting implemented. It's not a big deal though, especially if the music really improves at the later parts so much that it keeps me entirely immersed.
If it's only to surf internet, then just disable wave volume on your sound control.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 23:43   Link #1403
Mikachiru
test

What happened to the music box in Ep. 1?
Mikachiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 18:53   Link #1404
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Just a few things I have noticed:
Is anyone else experienced serious lagging during the scenes where the rain is shown onscreen? Even though my computer is beyond the recommended requirements, whenever it's raining in the game (the screen only, it's fine with the sound of rain), everything starts lagging, the text appears in slowmotion, and even the blinking text ikon/arrow laggs.

The only bearable solution I invented against that, is that I'm playing by advancing the story with CTRL (skip) key, as it makes it faster a bit, and unlike other Novels it's not that ultrafast.

Of course I pretty much started using CTRL throughout the normal scenes too, but that causes the game to freeze down like every hour or so (it froze down four times and only during times when I'm playing with CTRL advancing method, once in the rain, thrice in indoor normal scenes).
Am I the only one with these issues or is there anyone who experienced these so far?

Edit: Bah last save 3 hours ago...

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-03-31 at 19:03.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 19:05   Link #1405
tcaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Spoiler for Saving space:
Sounds to me like you're using an old patch. I know the control freeze bug was fixed in the Ep4 one, and I haven't been getting lag in the rain scenes in 4 either so I'm assuming that was too.

You just need to upgrade to fix it.
tcaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 19:19   Link #1406
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
Sounds to me like you're using an old patch. I know the control freeze bug was fixed in the Ep4 one, and I haven't been getting lag in the rain scenes in 4 either so I'm assuming that was too.

You just need to upgrade to fix it.
Oh I see, that's great. Yeah I'm still using older patch, as I'm still not that far in the story, but if I can get rid of that inconvenience I'm gonna upgrade it asap. Thanks for the help.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 01:53   Link #1407
777chris777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
What happened to the music box in Ep. 1?
If you mean that you're using the episode 1 demo game, with the episode 1 patch, then it is because the demo does not include the music box.

Whether it is included in the official game (of episode 1) or not I could not confirm, but I assume so :S
777chris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 04:28   Link #1408
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That is correct: the music box only appears in the retail version of episode 1, and was needed to unlock the ura tea party.
Since Ryukishi removed the Music Box for the demo, we considered that as a feature that he didn't wish to let it public for the demo, hence we didn't change anything about that.
Old 2009-04-01, 16:53   Link #1409
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Just want to say, for those that didn't have all music transfer over when they installed the game, some Sound Effects might not have installed as well. You may want to check out if that happened, because I was missing a lot of sound effects. Compare the SE, sys_se, and ME folders with the original disk.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 17:41   Link #1410
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777chris777 View Post
If you mean that you're using the episode 1 demo game, with the episode 1 patch, then it is because the demo does not include the music box.

Whether it is included in the official game (of episode 1) or not I could not confirm, but I assume so :S
I actually have Ep. 4. But I was going through the Ep. 1 thread and apparently there's was some secret tea party.
Old 2009-04-02, 11:06   Link #1411
maximilianjenus
[E]

IIRC, the secret tea party os only secret if you only have the first game, if you are playing it on a latter game disk, you odn't need to unhide it. you should be getting it right after reading the first tea party.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 17:45   Link #1412
tcaz2

Hm, question about something that... not really bugs me but I was just curious about.

How come when someone uses red, the punctuation is sometimes red and sometimes white? Sometimes I'll see a whole page in red including exclamation marks and periods and then next I'll see a whole page in red but the exclamation marks and periods are white.
Old 2009-04-03, 17:51   Link #1413
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That is because it is in the original script, and we don't know whichever is the correct layout: that the punctuation is included or not (rias actually brought this up in episode4 thread as well).

Since we can't exactly call head or tails, we decided to stick with the script until Ryukishi makes another patch that fix that... or not.

Also, since we don't want to let you guys in the dark, we have to announce sort of "bad news".
Considering the current period of the year, chrono (our main and only translator, as you probably know) will have to take a break in order to invest himself fully for his studies (last quarter). Therefore, we probably won't have any progression for the next 2 months.

Of course, we will work on episode 4 as soon as we got more free time, but at least, you now know why there will be a lack of updates for some time.
Old 2009-04-03, 18:01   Link #1414
tcaz2

That... is certainly bad news

Well of course I (and hopefully everyone) understand that you all have lives, so I suppose it wasn't too unexpected, but it is definitely bad news. I hope everything goes well for you guys though.
Old 2009-04-03, 18:12   Link #1415
UnknownBeast

That's.... really disheartening for me... but I can understand... I'm also hoping for the best for you guys...

Maybe the editors can fix up the Saikoroshi patch in the meanwhile? Hehe, just jokin' ^_^;

... ; _ ;

Last edited by UnknownBeast; 2009-04-03 at 18:29. Reason: ;_;
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 19:03   Link #1416
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Best of luck to Chrono, may he come back to us with a smile of achievement. Godspeed!

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 19:09   Link #1417
Mikachiru
test

Hopefully everything will go well for Chrono. Good luck! XD
Old 2009-04-03, 21:44   Link #1418
bigemperor

Really MI HEART IS BROKEN i can't believe this =(

Best of luck to Chrono
bigemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 21:53   Link #1419
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I guess the other people of Witch Hunt are going to enter their exam term soon as well, but sure, I hope Klashikari's, Mion's and co. luck goes to you, Chrono.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 00:55   Link #1420
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Curse you exaaaaaaaaams *shakes fist*

Ahaha, oh well, these things happen, and doing well in studies is the wise choice. Good luck Chrono!
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation