AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-07, 21:05   Link #581
iBeast

Honestly, if Tobi turns out to be Izuna, Madara's younger brother is the biggest troll in history.

Why? He has basically been the narrator since Sasuke vs. Killer Bee.

Re-read the chapter where he was telling stories to Naruto, Kakashi, and wood.

I believed he said something along the lines of how he looked up to the first hokage etc... is he saying that he (Izuna) respected the first Hokage or his brother (Madara) respected the first hokage? Troll.

If indeed Tobi = Izuna... Madara's lil brother has crazy issues... lol
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 05:38   Link #582
HasuMasu
*Artist

He wouldn't be the first crazy little brother though.
Old 2011-11-08, 15:51   Link #583
uchihacrimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Honestly, if Tobi turns out to be Izuna, Madara's younger brother is the biggest troll in history.
If he's not Madara's brother Izuna which I believe, the only other theory which is not Obito is Shisui Uchiha. Not sure on that particular theory.
uchihacrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 12:43   Link #584
farhan

im thinking that one of tobi's eye is not his....

i have no idea why tobi has half-sharingan half-rinnegan...
farhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 12:51   Link #585
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Is there anything against him being the sage of 9 paths? (or however many paths it was)
Old 2011-11-11, 06:37   Link #586
HasuMasu
*Artist

Well, he said he was the 2nd Sage of the 6 Paths.
Old 2011-11-12, 14:10   Link #587
Seventh-Path-of-Pain

it has to be madara!
i'm sure it is.
coz he has those bags under his eyes it makes him look old and it can't be obito because he showed his left half and right half but obito was crushed.
and obito would be the same age as kakashi.

Last edited by Seventh-Path-of-Pain; 2011-11-12 at 14:12. Reason: none
Seventh-Path-of-Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 10:24   Link #588
pwnorbepwned

You're "sure"? Have you been reading the manga? Madara's dead, Tobi's an imposter, apparently it was all part of the real Madara's plan, their plan, but Kabuto expresses he might not go exactly according to said plan. The only things Tobi's sais about his life in flashbacks and whatnot that are still true are teaming up with Itachi to kill the Uchiha clan and summoning the Kyuubi and fighting Minato. Everything else, from his fights with Hashirama to "I am Madara Uchiha" is a lie. Well, those things did happen, just not to him. This means that Tobi was at least there through a lot of Madara's important moments and shared much of Madara's sentiments. I cast my vote for Madara's brother (does he have a name?). That, or he's an Izanagi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Says You . I think it's Madara's clone, the Jyuubi in disguise, or even a possessed Tobirama.
The Jyuubi is a little...incapacitated. His soul was ripped into nine pieces and embodied as nine separate beings, all accounted for, while his body was encased in massive amounts of compressed earth and sent into orbit (moon). I don't think Big J is currently capable of pretending to be a human, or anything for that matter, being just short of dead.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-11-17 at 11:55. Reason: double post...
pwnorbepwned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 02:54   Link #589
HasuMasu
*Artist

Tsk tsk, you forget that it was not the Jyubi's soul, but his chakra which was split into nine, otherwise the sage wouldn't have had to use yang chakra to give it life.

So he's definitely still alive, just not...complete.
Old 2011-11-18, 18:53   Link #590
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I really hope it's not Shisui. A character we know practically nothing about being the mastermind? That would be such a massive plot cop-out. Not that we haven't seen those before, but still.

Sure as hell can't be Obito. I think we can all safely say that Obito's body was more or less beyond recovery after being crushed under two tons of solid rock.

Izuna.... might actually make sense. He would be the right age, and plus if him being Madara was a lie all along, the fact that Madara took Izuna's eyes might be a lie too, and he lost the respect of the Uchiha clan for a different reason entirely, assuming any of his tale was true at all. They could have easily swapped eyes instead of one being blind completely.

[crazy theory time]
It could be that Madara and Izuna traded eyes, then hatched this plot long before, faking Madara's death at the hands of Hashirama along the way. Given what we know about the Rinnegan being the evolution of the MS, it could be that Tobi (whoever he is) originally had Rinnegan, swapped them out for Mangekyou Sharingan, then played at being Madara while simultaneously posing as Mizukage and the phantom leader of Akatsuki. The unleashing of the Kyuubi could have been planned simply to get rid of the Yondaime Hokage (who was arguably the strongest and smartest of all the Hokages), and force the Kyuubi to go into a more pliable/weak host, since it can be assumed that Uzumaki Kushina was far too strong-willed and powerful (since she could control the Kyuubi) for Akatsuki to easily capture. Though I'm not sure that Tobi or Madara could have predicted Naruto's progression as a superior host, as I doubt he could have predicted that Yondaime would give up his life to seal the Kyuubi in his newborn son. Everything since then has more or less gone as he planned, but Kabuto and the skill of the Konoha shinobi have probably thrown off his calculations a bit, as 1) he hadn't expected to lose so many members of Akatsuki, and 2) Kabuto's power and abilities as a semi-reincarnation of Orochimaru were insane.
[/crazy theory time]

That's all I got as far as my theory goes. It's based on a shitload of assumptions, so it could all be completely wrong. I wouldn't be surprised.

But I do think I know why Tobi uses a Sharingan and Rinnegan simultaneously. I think it's because the two have abilities that don't overlap, and he might not have the ability to switch between them at will like our undead Madara. For instance, we haven't seen the Rinnegan use abilities like Izanagi or Susano'o. While the Rinnegan has fantastic powers, I am willing to bet that not all of them overlap with the MS or normal Sharingan abilities. The Rinnegan might be the evolution of the Sharingan, but it may not be necessarily the most powerful for some things such as high-level genjutsu or space-time ninjutsu. For instance, we haven't heard of any characters haveing to avert their eyes from the Rinnegan for fear of being instantly entrapped in a genjutsu, right? Yet the Sharingan, while it has awesome combat, predictive, illusionary, and space-time powers, can't be used to communicate for long distance, nor can it be used to activate that statue that holds the Bijuu or suck up ninjutsu like Naruto's Rasenshuriken (or use any of the other Six-Path Sage techniques).

Last edited by Spectacular_Insanity; 2011-11-18 at 19:03.
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 18:59   Link #591
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Tsukuyomi (of Itachi) can control your sense of time.
If Madara fully masters that power, couldn't Tobi be a "blank being" that was Tsukuyomi'ed all of Madara's memories?
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 19:04   Link #592
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Tsukuyomi (of Itachi) can control your sense of time.
If Madara fully masters that power, couldn't Tobi be a "blank being" that was Tsukuyomi'ed all of Madara's memories?
Oh, that too. Sharingan (and by recent association Rinnegan) is so goddamn overpowered that I've completely lost track of the bajillion powers it has.
Old 2011-11-18, 23:57   Link #593
HasuMasu
*Artist

Kishi's eye fetish knows no bounds.
Old 2011-11-19, 15:44   Link #594
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Tsk tsk, you forget that it was not the Jyubi's soul, but his chakra which was split into nine, otherwise the sage wouldn't have had to use yang chakra to give it life.

So he's definitely still alive, just not...complete.
haha I hadn't thought of this theory. very unlikely, but fits the 'incomplete' tobi angle.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 22:48   Link #595
HasuMasu
*Artist

I'll be really disappoint if the big bad wolf doesn't appear by the end, then again, what's Naruto going to do without the fox?

Theories are fun.
Old 2011-11-20, 08:41   Link #596
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
My guess is, he is Madara's ghost/soul. He's intangible (props to Minato for hitting him with a Rasengan before dying at the Kyuubi's hands) and uses the same weapon as Uchiha Madara - the Gunbai (this may be due to Tobi wanting to show that "he" is Madara).
Old 2011-11-22, 19:13   Link #597
Mateus

I think Tobi being the clone/soul of Madara is right, I was thinking about it and did the manga ever say that Madara achieved Rinnegan before his death? When Edo-Madara came back he also had the rinnegan, but Tobi made the upgrade not long before he was resurrected. I think eventually Edo-Madara & Tobi will merge into one complete entity thus solidifying the master plan. Also I was thinking back when Itachi told Sasuke that Tobi/Madara is a shell of his former self...maybe he was being literal?
Mateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 01:36   Link #598
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

as amusing as the "Tobito" theory is...I think Madara hacked some of the 1rst Hokage's DNA and as his body died (oh what a world, what a world...) Tobi-Madara's resurrected persona- took on a chunk of his power and personality. I think he's made from the cells of the first Hokage and Madara, has a chunk of Madara's consciousness, but is in fact an amalgamation of Madara. Ew.

Another factoid that boosts my hokage-cells-reincarnated-Madara theory. You know how the 2nd half of Zetsu is made from the first hokage's cells? And that Zetsu has a weird, split personality problem?

Well, tobi has an inner dumb-ass maniac, but is also a seriously evil dude. Hokage cells = induce bipolar...am I right or am I right?
Old 2011-11-23, 08:28   Link #599
yakumo-chan

naruto 564!!!!! hahahaha!!!
Old 2011-11-24, 05:17   Link #600
HasuMasu
*Artist

That still doesn't give us much, but Tobi's reaction is still ROFL up to now.

Tags
tobi