AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-12-19, 20:49   Link #1
Blade556

Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo

This looks like a good, new anime to watch. Has anybody seen the first one? Im getting it right now, but if anyone has some spoilers.....please give me here lol!
Blade556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 21:51   Link #2
Blade556

Well, I've finished the episode, and concluded the following things:

*note* these things may be seen as spoilers, so read no further unless you wish a bit of the episode to be revealed, I have yet to learn the tags for spoilers. If anybody wants to help me out with this, then that would be great

1. Genre - This anime is GREAT for all those mystery/suspense lovers. You start off with a bit of a corny mystery, "The 7 mysteries of the school", and you dont really get to know them that well. Of course, it's only the first episode, so we will just have to wait and see how it turns out

2. Characters - Well, the main character is Hajime Kindaichi (hence, part of the name of the anime). He is a fairly clumsy person, but his grandfather is a great and well known detective. He apparently has an IQ of 180, but we have yet to see that type of brainpower in action. Secondary characters include Sakuragi, the Mystery Club Teacher, and Miyuki, who we can only assume develops a romance with Hajime.

3. Design/Artwork - For the most part, the animation is very smooth. The backgrounds and art are VERY nicely portrayed, although it does not have the physique as something like, Chrno Crusade, so to speak. I was reminded one too many times of Dragonball (the first one, the classic you probably watched when u were 10). The characters aren't attractive as they should be, but Sakuragi - Senpai has a nice sex appeal, as well as a nice pose where we get to view her lovely bottom in full view. Unlike a few anime's, the eyes in these characters are rounded, similar yet again to Dragonball, which actually is fitting for this Anime series.

4. Overall - I give the anime a 7/10. It didn't really appeal to me, as there is very little action in the first episode. I will, however, try to keep you updated with it

Ciao!
Old 2003-12-19, 21:52   Link #3
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade556
This looks like a good, new anime to watch. Has anybody seen the first one? Im getting it right now, but if anyone has some spoilers.....please give me here lol!
I don't give spoilers, but this is a great detective anime series. I've seen the first episodes on tape long ago and wish the new fansubs will go on (Kindaichi is a long series with more than a hundred episodes).

BTW, the Kindaichi manga can be bought from Tokyo Pop if you are in the USA. Versions in other languages (like french) also exist
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 04:17   Link #4
Domasai
_=_Mada Mada Dane_=_

Kindaichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade556
It's pretty good. But as introductory episodes to long series go, it's typical in the regard that very little actually is revealed. But the characters are interesting, so it's worth a glimpse - particularly if you're a fan of the genre.

It also, to me anyway, seems like sort of a prequel to the events that take place in the manga, as Kindaichi seems very unfamiliar with his abilities as a detective at this point while in the manga he's more than mastered them.

Just a thought.
Domasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 09:57   Link #5
ShinDragon

If you like "Detective Academy Q"...... then you must see this one.
It's by the same artist. I liked it more than "Detective Academy Q".
The story in Kindaichi is more serious than "Q".
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 12:18   Link #6
MasafumiGotoh

Not really new

Actually this anime is pretty old but it is still good. The reason i Dled it is because i watched the Live action. The main charecter was played by One of the guys from Kinki Kids.
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 12:54   Link #7
Blade556

sweet deals! thx guys. btw, does anybody know, or wanna tell me WHAT the spoiler tags are?
Old 2003-12-20, 12:55   Link #8
Blade556

sweet deals! thx guys. btw, does anybody know, or wanna tell me WHAT the spoiler BB code is?

*EDIT* dammit, it double posted...sorry...
Old 2004-01-14, 18:48   Link #9
Nikolai

Finally, we released episode 2 of Kindaichi. Now that it's done with character introductions, the story starts picking up speed. Even though the pace seems faster than the manga, I think the anime does a better job at representing the characters, giving them all suspicious qualities to make finding the correct suspect more difficult.
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 19:46   Link #10
Bleed Kaga
Basketball Star

Spoiler tags -> [ Spoiler ] Blah Blah [ /Spoiler ] without the place between brackets.

Kindaichi is IMO the best dectective manga/anime better than Conan, Q, Eiji, etc. For those interested, other than the manga/anime, there are also a few novels which are excellent. Also, you may also want to check out the novels about the original Kindaichi, Kosuke, who is the grandfather of Hajime, written by Seishi Yokomizo. While Hajimes' stories are often ecchi and funny, Kosukes' stories are much more dark and serious like most detective/mystery stories.
Bleed Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 11:08   Link #11
RaDiKaRuGuN

Kindaichi Anime

Ermm... I heard that there are 148 episodes of the Casebook of the Young Kindaichi but only 3 are available now. Is it still being subbed or fansubs have already stopped subbing. Pardon me. I'm still a noob here.
RaDiKaRuGuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 11:28   Link #12
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaDiKaRuGuN
Ermm... I heard that there are 148 episodes of the Casebook of the Young Kindaichi but only 3 are available now. Is it still being subbed or fansubs have already stopped subbing. Pardon me. I'm still a noob here.

They stopped subbing it
I think one side of the joint project was looking for another group to help start subbing it again, not sure how that turned out..... but i know i love Kindaichi
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 02:42   Link #13
Nikolai

Yeah, Kyoji pretty much summed it up. Anime-Realm died when we lost our translator, and I haven't found anyone else interested in translating it. We still have raws, a timer, and a typesetter, so I'd love to continue it if I can find the rest of a team to work on it.
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 02:35   Link #14
candy

very good series. the first three episodes isnt how the series start in the manga. in the manga, the whole school incident happens in... the 5th volume? i forget ^^; but yes, i love it a whole bunch.
candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 04:16   Link #15
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy
very good series. the first three episodes isnt how the series start in the manga. in the manga, the whole school incident happens in... the 5th volume? i forget ^^; but yes, i love it a whole bunch.

4th volume i think

But, yes, i love Kindaichi and i do hope it gets picked up again, i even started watching the raws i wanted to see it so much
Old 2004-05-20, 05:13   Link #16
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
I was fortunate enough to be able to catch on the Kindaichi Comics craze in Taiwan roughly 8-9 years back. It was incredibly bloody and traumatizing for me I remember not being able to sleep after finishing the first Jason part--despite that, I followed it religiously. I also read a novel(translated to Chinese) a few years into the addiction--the Snow Cabin one, damn it's good.

There was a live-action series made for this, in addition of the animated series. As far as the animated series was concerned, I thought it ruined the Phantom of the Opera arc with its character/roles switch-around. Comic > Anime is my take on the Kindaichi franchise.

At the end of the "Special" Comics series run, I remember readin the epilogue which said that the creators are going to take a long break--good for them^^

The Conan comparison, while inevitable, really does neither franchise justice. Kindaichi is straight-on murder-fest with its meticulous plot and graphic(and I mean graphic) portrayal of dead bodies--complete bodies or not. You can expect substatial body counts in every Kindaichi arc. Conan on the other hand carries so many comedic elements and recurring cast members, it was a nice break from "Kindaichi"'s sometimes cold and unfeeling carnage to be sure.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 00:02   Link #17
DeathGiga_Itachi

Somehow when i dl the first episode of kindaichi, it has a dl spd of 0.........>_>
Anyone can help me?
DeathGiga_Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 05:19   Link #18
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

im getting episode 4 and it's going really slow too, no seeders or so it says
Old 2006-03-05, 23:47   Link #19
Hima_wari

Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo

Only the first four episodes are available for fansub, but this series is amazing! It plays out similar to Conan, but I think it does the mystery part even better than Conan myself, has anyone else seen this amazing anime? Also, what formats is this available in originaly, its been years since the last release...
Hima_wari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 22:23   Link #20
Sakuya
*Artist

I never knew there was actually an anime since I'm a big fan of the manga! I kept thinking "wouldn't it be great if there was an anime like Ayatsuri Sakon for Kindaichi?" But yeah, over 140 episodes...I'm kind of hesitant. I guess I will at least watch the movies and the live action. And I noticed that KazenoKoe Fansubs just released their episode 1 today. Will they be subbing all episodes and movies? *heads on over to the Kindaichi live action thread*
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote