AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-11-20, 07:40   Link #2441
Gradlein
The Lazy Scholar

Send a message via Yahoo to Gradlein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
P.S. Alibaba probably has the best and worst household in the whole series, sure they all love him and would follow him wherever he goes..............it just so happens that he inadvertently becomes the butt monkey of the group
I'm sure it happens to Sin as well.
Gradlein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 04:30   Link #2442
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Well, the misunderstanding end better than I expected. Alibaba still got troll but at least he know that even if all hell break loose, he still have a girl caring for him .

On the new chapter of Sindbad's adventure, I think the monster' s horn look like Hinahoho' sword.
Old 2013-11-23, 13:00   Link #2443
Awrya
U mad?

Sinbad chapter out.

Looks like I was wrong last chapter, Yunan didn't tell Sinbad about Djinn equip, he used weapon Djinn equip subconsciously. So Sinbad was really just nice to Alibaba when he said Alibaba didn't lack talent to use a Djinn (sometime during Balbadd arc I think).

That tribe chief didn't seem like the same tribe chief that showed up in 194 (scars are different), maybe that man isn't Hinahoho but the person who will become the tribe chief shown in the main series?

So Sinbad later adopted the Mahrajan tradition from the Imuchak, makes sense since his country has a relatively short history since it was founded.
Old 2013-11-23, 17:50   Link #2444
CBredbeard
Banned

I don't know about you guys, but ever since playing Grandia, muscular girls with exposed calves, arms, and midriffs in the middle of winter are freakin' hot.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 18:25   Link #2445
Kazu-kun

Translation for chapter 205 is out. It's about Yunan and Aladdin talking about Sinbad and king candidates in general. It seems the king candidates are supposed to fight until there's only one standing or something.

Next chapter we'll go back to Balbadd.
Old 2013-11-23, 19:34   Link #2446
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Magi-lander! How did I not see that coming...
Old 2013-11-25, 12:56   Link #2447
Avaricia
My Lord

No doubt about it, Yunan is the strongest magician
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 18:39   Link #2448
ChampDream
Alive

It look like something happen to Balbadd, because of Morg's reaction and Alibaba's face
Old 2013-11-25, 22:13   Link #2449
CBredbeard
Banned

Yunan really isn't doing anything that special. Djinn have performed similar feats and they don't even have the Rukh to work with. Kou has managed to create chimera and artificial mages. Manipulating the Rukh to weave proteins into a structure that he's probably built numerous times with practice. Well, it wasn't as casual as he made it seem.

He's not the most powerful magician. I'd give that honor to Gyokuen. She is a magi from the much larger and more advanced world of Toran. She also defeated 2 magi of presumably similar prowess and a king that surpassed Sinbad. She also has control over the Black Rukh on top of everything.

I wonder if in the past Magi did not summon dungeons? That previous King Vessels only had the Magi to rely on for magical power. Yunan seems to have ushered in a new age, likely because of Sinbad's birth, because Sinbad is close to that "perfect" king. And there don't seem to be historical accounts of kings turning into dragons or fish or demons and laying waste to armies and cities.

Yunan knows about Ugo, but he doesn't know about Aladdin? As his Rukh self he was able to recognize the palace guardian, but he did not notice Aladdin's presence, who we can assume spent a long time (centuries) in the palace?

You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. It's hard to find fault in the formation of Reim and Kou under the circumstances that they faced. Although I wonder if a magi actually helped Kou to form? The only Magi we know of active in that area at the time of it's founding was Gyokuen. It'd make sense that she was able to marry the emperor because she was his magi, but it's never been alluded to by anyone that is the kind of relationship she had with him.

I would like to know how she became his wife.

I'm going to assume that Alibaba is putting on his man face, because Balbhad is actually in pretty good shape, and he doesn't want to seem thrilled to meet En. I mean, the last time Morgiana had seen Balbhad, it'd practically suffered a civil war on top of an economic depression. For it be worse than that, En would have to be hanging bodies from posts lining the streets, while everyone was made to crawl on their hands and knees as they struggled through their daily lives.

He'd basically have to be the most evil character we've seen in the manga up to this point.
Old 2013-11-25, 23:07   Link #2450
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. It's hard to find fault in the formation of Reim and Kou under the circumstances that they faced.
I don't think that's the point Yunan's trying to make. If there are many kings and kingdoms, there's bond to be conflicts between them. Yunan's just noting that this is an unnatural state of things; there should be only one king.

Kouen and Sinbad knows this. That's why the former has been conquering other lands while the latter is forming alliances everywhere. Both are aiming to be the one king.

This chapter raises the question, what is a king vessel? A king vessel is a king candidate, but not a candidate to be king of a particular country. A candidate to the throne of the world.
Old 2013-11-25, 23:23   Link #2451
CBredbeard
Banned

So Yunan only mentioned people being killed during the formation of kingdoms to highlight the possibility of people being killed when a conflict erupts between those kingdoms and their king vessels? I suppose there's nothing wrong with acknowledging the precedent for the consequences of conflict arising.

Guess I'm on a knife's edge since Aladdin stopped a war and avoided any consequences for doing so.

It's also been a fact since the beginning of the manga that a King's Candidate is meant to be someone that will rule the entire world. We didn't start seeing more liberal interpretations of that term until later on when the Kou family interacted with their big brother En. Also when Lejera (I like her by the way, my favorite Djinn so far) said that she didn't like the idea of a world with one all powerful guy at the top that listened to no one.
Old 2013-11-26, 01:23   Link #2452
hamazura
whatever

sinbad vs yunan borg too funny
Old 2013-11-26, 03:51   Link #2453
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

No no, Yunan's tricks are actually normal by Magi-standard. Did we forget that they're called "Magicians of Creation" ?. That's what Magis are specialized at: creating stuff from Rukh...

On the conversation between Yunan and Aladdin, it made me think that this whole "Dungeons with Djinn that will choose their worthy king" thing seems like it's kinda some cruel prank of Solomon. Could it be that he resent the people and the world after seeing his world destroyed that he transfered his 72 Djinn into this world to cause trouble ? This world was not perfect before but I'm sure it doesn't have crazy people like Al Thamen ( The abnormalities only increased after the first Dungeon appeared. )

Or. maybe he just let it be like that as a counter-measure against Al Thamen's Father since Gyokuen said that Alma Toran need 72 people with Djinn power to defeat Father. But even so, he should have done somthing like a first class rule to forbid fight between Djinn. That way, King candidates can only fight with their own skills.

An Sindbad only dislike Yunan because he knew too much about this world ( the origin of Dungeons, Al Thamen and many other things...). He's not the happy and naive boy 15 years ago, he's a king now.
I think Yunan also realize the problem with this world so instead of raising more Dungeons, he goes around to retract them and raise them elsewhere for balance reason.
Old 2013-11-28, 01:43   Link #2454
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 04:41   Link #2455
Awrya
U mad?

I wonder why chapter 15 was split in two parts.
Sinbad about to enter his second dungeon, in M.112 we get a flashback of what I believe is the dungeon shown in S.15. Looks like after this dungeon Jafar will join Sinbad.
Old 2013-11-28, 12:07   Link #2456
CBredbeard
Banned

So he is Hinahoho.
Old 2013-11-29, 09:57   Link #2457
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for Magi 206:
Old 2013-11-29, 19:08   Link #2458
marvelB

Spoiler for Magi 206:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 21:38   Link #2459
ellifeedn
Thinker

The Kou Empire is Communistic?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 22:30   Link #2460
ChampDream
Alive

Balbadd really look different, I guess that the effect of being conquered. wonder what will Alibaba will do about it? and we still have the reason why Kouen calling
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
The Kou Empire is Communistic?
I think yes or at least something really similar.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen