AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-26, 15:50   Link #2481
m1thril

you know....i just noticed that arguments in the LL/suzaku threads just go around in circles with the same points being made over and over again o.0..btw if there was a fight b/t the 3 superpowers during the era of the japanese invasion...why would it be cf & eu vs britannia and not a free for all? even if it was 2v1...britannia would still dominate due to their sheer technological advantages..it would be like pitting fighters from ww2 (CF + EU) against like raptors/falcons/hornets (britannia)
m1thril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 15:52   Link #2482
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Well let's get this dicussion back on topic.

Now in R2, if Lelouch is given the chance to speak to Suzaku on why Euphie died, do you think it's possible for him to forgive now that he's had a year to think about?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 15:56   Link #2483
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Well let's get this dicussion back on topic.

Now in R2, if Lelouch is given the chance to speak to Suzaku on why Euphie died, do you think it's possible for him to forgive now that he's had a year to think about?
Actually, thinking back, I think its not quite the usage of Geass itself that factors into it. I think that, given the time and the actual truth of what happened, how it all went down... that, I think, Suzaku can forgive. I think its Lelouch's twisting it into his advantage that he can't forgive, which permanently tarnished Euphemia's name.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 15:59   Link #2484
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Actually, thinking back, I think its not quite the usage of Geass itself that factors into it. I think that, given the time and the actual truth of what happened, how it all went down... that, I think, Suzaku can forgive. I think its Lelouch's twisting it into his advantage that he can't forgive, which permanently tarnished Euphemia's name.
That is how I view it as well. Forgiving him for the accident, but not how he used it.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 16:06   Link #2485
Dynastya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
LOL officially Nunally was executed by the Britannians for her actions, that is what the Britannians announced to the world.

The in reality the name tarnishing was done by the Brits, very few people actually saw Zero killing her. In fact it was only CC, Kallen and Suzaku most likely.
Dynastya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 16:08   Link #2486
Dynastya

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1thril View Post
you know....i just noticed that arguments in the LL/suzaku threads just go around in circles with the same points being made over and over again o.0..btw if there was a fight b/t the 3 superpowers during the era of the japanese invasion...why would it be cf & eu vs britannia and not a free for all? even if it was 2v1...britannia would still dominate due to their sheer technological advantages..it would be like pitting fighters from ww2 (CF + EU) against like raptors/falcons/hornets (britannia)
it would be CF+EU because to them Britannia would be the greater threat which needs to be taken out first.

As I said, Hyenas will unite to take care of a lion before fighting amongst themselves.
Old 2008-06-26, 16:15   Link #2487
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

There's no way the name can be cleared unless Lelouch came out and announced it but that would be very bad for Zero.

However, for Suzaku what he wants is to find out the truth.
Old 2008-06-26, 16:17   Link #2488
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastya View Post
LOL officially Nunally was executed by the Britannians for her actions, that is what the Britannians announced to the world.
You mean Euphemia?

Quote:
The in reality the name tarnishing was done by the Brits, very few people actually saw Zero killing her. In fact it was only CC, Kallen and Suzaku most likely.
The entire army under Cornelia knew that Euphie was killed by Zero...
Old 2008-06-26, 16:20   Link #2489
Dynastya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
You mean Euphemia?

The entire army under Cornelia knew that Euphie was killed by Zero...
Yeah sorry meant Euphemia. I said few people saw. Of course the Britannians would know he killed her, after all they didn't actually execute her did they?
Old 2008-06-26, 16:23   Link #2490
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

More likely the military knows but to the general public, Euphie was executed for her actions by the Britannia. They don't want to make Zero look good by making it look like he saved the Japanese by punishing the massacre princess.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 16:24   Link #2491
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Well technically speaking, they need to take responsiblity for what happened.

However it doesn't deny the fact that Euphie DID in fact betray Britannia when she ordered the massacre.
Old 2008-06-26, 16:25   Link #2492
Dynastya

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
More likely the military knows but to the general public, Euphie was executed for her actions by the Britannia. They don't want to make Zero look good by making it look like he saved the Japanese by punishing the massacre princess.
You mean Genocide Princess, has a better ring to it than massacre princess.

How about Bloody Euphy?
Princess Death?
other?
Old 2008-06-26, 16:28   Link #2493
Orga777

Quote:
You mean Genocide Princess, has a better ring to it than massacre princess.

How about Bloody Euphy?
Princess Death?
other?
Ehh.... Moving on from that......

It still stands, Suzaku may not forgive how that was used, but may forgive the cause... Maybe...
Old 2008-06-26, 16:28   Link #2494
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Bloody Euphie... Well whichever Euphie went down in history as a mass murdurer.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 16:30   Link #2495
Aquaman OS

Hopefully her name can at least be cleared by the end of the series. It's bad enough she died.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 16:33   Link #2496
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Hopefully her name can at least be cleared by the end of the series. It's bad enough she died.
I agree here... Just thinking about that episode puts a bad taste in my mouth...<.<
Old 2008-06-26, 16:37   Link #2497
Dynastya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
After Charles had been defeated and Japan regains independence as a nation by it's own right.
Old 2008-06-26, 16:39   Link #2498
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
After Charles had been defeated and Japan regains independence as a nation by it's own right.
Zero, "oh by the way guys I just want to say some things about Euphie. She wasn't wrong, she didn't ordered the massacre, I did it by accident. I said a joke, saying I can order you to kill japanese and things just kinda went to hell at that point."

Yeah like they'll take that really well.
Old 2008-06-26, 16:41   Link #2499
Dynastya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
I agree here... Just thinking about that episode puts a bad taste in my mouth...<.<
From a strategic standpoint, I really don't care about that episode, sure I feel bad about her having to die, but what's done is done, time to move on and win a war against an oppressor.

War is hell, many sacrifices has to be made.
Old 2008-06-26, 16:43   Link #2500
Orga777

Quote:
From a strategic standpoint, I really don't care about that episode, sure I feel bad about her having to die, but what's done is done, time to move on and win a war against an oppressor.

War is hell, many sacrifices has to be made.
That incident alone is a main reason I don't agree with Lelouch though and support Suzaku. Before that I considered them even in my eyes... I see things differently than you do I guess...