AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-05-27, 16:49   Link #14881
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Poor Erio gets little love 'cause he's not a little blob of Moe (or a girl). I don't know why Caro doesn't get much love though (must be the pink hair. Caro: D: )
Or maybe its the: "omg StrikerS becaused of all the new characters. Lets ignore them all unless they're apparantly the numbers Subaru/Ginga..."
Actually that reason doesn't really explain anything...
Old 2008-05-27, 17:03   Link #14882
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I think its because Erio and Caro are the least developped of the forwards. A pitty, because I would have loved to see Fate's struggles as a mother figure, which we only know of through the manga and sound stages.

Ironically, developping them would mean more FateErioCaro, which means less NanoVivioFate. I know people will want to skin me alive for this, but am I the only one seeing where this goes?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 17:13   Link #14883
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

It doesn't help that they get put on a bus at the end of the series. At least the others are still in the bureau, but Erio/Caro went the way of the Ferret-Changeling.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 17:18   Link #14884
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Actually, Erio and Caro are worse of then Yuuno, those two transferred to some remote world. At least Yuuno is aiding Nanoha in raising Vivio.
Old 2008-05-27, 17:20   Link #14885
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I think its because Erio and Caro are the least developped of the forwards. A pitty, because I would have loved to see Fate's struggles as a mother figure, which we only know of through the manga and sound stages.

Ironically, developping them would mean more FateErioCaro, which means less NanoVivioFate. I know people will want to skin me alive for this, but am I the only one seeing where this goes?
Well I think one of the big things is that we missed all the Fate and her kids stuff because that all happened preStrikerS (I really want to see it too :c) and of course PostStrikerS there's none of either because everyone's off in different places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
It doesn't help that they get put on a bus at the end of the series. At least the others are still in the bureau, but Erio/Caro went the way of the Ferret-Changeling.
True 'dat... maybe I should put them in the put on a bus club

And to go back on topic:

I know this is a repost

but I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to tell me what it says (I think it's just a name but I can't tell )
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 17:40   Link #14886
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Finally! I found a larger version of Vivio using Signum's Barrier Jacket.

Oh, and requesting translation:

Old 2008-05-27, 17:59   Link #14887
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:

LOL I'm not sure about the implication, but yeah I would've really liked to see the relationship between the three of them

Quote:
You know... with Cinque being taller then Vivio, if I edit the image a tad... seems I have a new source for Vivio/Syn images.
You and your Vivio/Syn XD
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 18:01   Link #14888
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:

Four letters for you Keroko:

E
P
I
C
Old 2008-05-27, 18:11   Link #14889
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Quote:

Wow...
Old 2008-05-27, 18:58   Link #14890
illidan182
Is not prepared
*Author

Send a message via MSN to illidan182
Quote:

*Gives Keroko a Blade of Azzinoth for Vivio in Signum's outfit* That... is legendary xD and adorable to boot

Saber - Signum - Serenn
Life is a thing most of us take for granted. Until we lose someone that we charish, are we forced to realize that things will never always be the same.
illidan182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 19:10   Link #14891
kasu1127

Send a message via MSN to kasu1127
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSSa View Post
And we have page 6 of Neko!Nanoha:

so I humbly request translation.
This brought a smile to my face. Just what I needed to cheer myself up after a bad day.

Spoiler:
kasu1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 19:17   Link #14892
Shana

Quote:

Just awesome :3

Must learn to vector.
Old 2008-05-27, 19:43   Link #14893
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Raid Slash delivers once again!

Claimed for the latent epicness that is Rebuilt of StrikerS.

@Keroko: Given all of the pictures I've accumulated for Vivio, it is apparrent that she has:

Soul Synchro - Vivio attunes to the love and gain attributes of someone close to her. Her Barrier Jacket then assumes the form of the person being attuned. Visually, and in principle, this ability is a nod to Rockman.exe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illidan182 View Post
*Gives Keroko a Blade of Azzinoth for Vivio in Signum's outfit* That... is legendary xD and adorable to boot
Hey I'm still missing the Main Hand!
Old 2008-05-27, 20:04   Link #14894
Master Kosa
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasu1127 View Post
This brought a smile to my face. Just what I needed to cheer myself up after a bad day.

Spoiler:
THX. But I have some doubts - especially about what belongs to what bubble (I don't have any idea how to call it).

First double: Fate: There's no need to be afraid
I'm sorry to have left you alone, it must have made you feel insecure

second (in the middle): Fate: I'll always be with Nanoha

third: Fate: By your side. Always.

and what belongs to the one below?

I've tried to solve this somehow, but still I'm not sure.

rest is here
Once some one asked me where I came from. I just pointed behind myself. When the same person asked where I was heading, I just pointed towards the horizon I was looking at. "It's simple, I neither belong here nor there. I am just walking..."
Current fandoms: RWBY - White Rose, Frozen - Elsanna and all previous.
Master Kosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 20:13   Link #14895
kasu1127

Quote:
THX. But I have some doubts - especially about what belongs to what bubble (I don't have any idea how to call it).

First double: Fate: There's no need to be afraid
I'm sorry to have left you alone, it must have made you feel insecure

second (in the middle): Fate: I'll always be with Nanoha

third: Fate: By your side. Always.

and what belongs to the one below?

I've tried to solve this somehow, but still I'm not sure.

rest is here
*bows in apology* I'm sorry! I missed a line. After the "it must have made you feel insecure line," Fate says "It's all right, Nanoha."

So the complete translation again:
Spoiler:

I think you can figure out where everything goes now, but "By your side. Always." is in one speech bubble in the last frame. Move "I'll always be with Nanoha" to the left of Frame 4 (where "By your side" is currently located), and "It's all right, Nanoha" should be in the centre speech bubble (the one that overlaps Frames 3 and 4).
Hope that made sense.

And I'm sorry for missing the line again! I need to triple check my posts from now on.
Old 2008-05-27, 20:22   Link #14896
Master Kosa
Wanderer

Quote:
*bows in apology* I'm sorry! I missed a line. After the "it must have made you feel insecure line," Fate says "It's all right, Nanoha."

So the complete translation again:
Spoiler:

I think you can figure out where everything goes now, but "By your side. Always." is in one speech bubble in the last frame. Move "I'll always be with Nanoha" to the left of Frame 4 (where "By your side" is currently located), and "It's all right, Nanoha" should be in the centre speech bubble (the one that overlaps Frames 3 and 4).
Hope that made sense.

And I'm sorry for missing the line again! I need to triple check my posts from now on.
Thanks. Now it makes sense. It's ok, everybody makes mistakes.

rest is here
Once some one asked me where I came from. I just pointed behind myself. When the same person asked where I was heading, I just pointed towards the horizon I was looking at. "It's simple, I neither belong here nor there. I am just walking..."
Old 2008-05-27, 20:30   Link #14897
kasu1127

Quote:
Thanks. Now it makes sense. It's ok, everybody makes mistakes.

rest is here
That was fast.

Erm... I don't know how image-editing works or how long it takes to edit, but I was reading it...and... I think it'll flow better if I broke away from the very literal translation style and say that "I'll always be with Nanoha" would be better off as "I'll always be with you." The name "Nanoha" seems to be repeated too often here...
It's nothing major though, unless someone spots a translation error, so whether you want to change it is up to you.

EDIT: Just checked the artist's website. One more page of Neko!Nanoha left!!! Enjoy it while it lasts.

Last edited by kasu1127; 2008-05-27 at 20:44.
Old 2008-05-27, 21:08   Link #14898
Master Kosa
Wanderer

Quote:
That was fast.

Erm... I don't know how image-editing works or how long it takes to edit, but I was reading it...and... I think it'll flow better if I broke away from the very literal translation style and say that "I'll always be with Nanoha" would be better off as "I'll always be with you." The name "Nanoha" seems to be repeated too often here...
It's nothing major though, unless someone spots a translation error, so whether you want to change it is up to you.
Sometimes it's fast sometimes slow, it depends on where text is placed and whether other adjustements have to be made or not.
Well I don't think it is problem, maybe I will change it when I will have more free time. Dawn is coming. But I think you should use same style of translation at least for last page. Sorry if this don't make sense, my brain is shutting down.

Quote:
EDIT: Just checked the artist's website. One more page of Neko!Nanoha left!!! Enjoy it while it lasts.
I'm pretty much sure what it is going to be about.
Old 2008-05-27, 22:47   Link #14899
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Old 2008-05-27, 23:30   Link #14900
Nei Tsukishime

Send a message via ICQ to Nei Tsukishime Send a message via MSN to Nei Tsukishime
Hey guys. In an act of stupidity, I've accidently deleted my FatexSignum folder -_-
If you can repost as many pictures with ONLY Fate and Signum on them, I'll be very greatfull. (fanarts\screenshots\whatever - it doesn't matter).
Nei Tsukishime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw